PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Red Sox international scouting and signing

Pages : [1] 2

scaffolds
12-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Lets review the Red Sox signing out of Latin America in 2010 that will be making the profesional start in 2011.

Edwin Osorio RHP (from Colombia) 6-2 176 17 yrs
Edwar Garcia RHP (Dominican) 6-4 175 17 yrs
Aneury Taveras 2B (Dominican) 5-9 175 L/R 18 yrs
Anthony Amaya CF (From Panama) 5-10 160 L/L 16 yrs
Dernier Lopez SS (Venezuelan) 6-0 165 B/R 16yrs
Ynoel Aguero OF (Dominican) 5-10 170 B/R 20 yrs
Aneudis Peralta 3B (Dominican) R/R 5-10 190 17 yrs
William Abreu RHP (Dominican 6-1 190-200 lbs 18 yrs.
Alixon Suarez C (Venezuelan) 6-1 180 R/R 16 yrs
Jose Espitia RHP (Venezuelan) 6-2 180 17 yrs
Cleriluis Rondon SS ( Venezuelan) 6-0 155 17 yrs
Oscar Melendez RHP (Dominican) 6-1 150 17 yrs
Jose Colorado OF (Mexico) 6-1 170 L/R 20 yrs
Jeremias Pineda OF (Dominican) 5-11 175 B/R 20 yrs.
Nelson Arguila RHP (Dominican) 6-2 185 22 yrs

Not a very impresive group,but Osorio is the top prospect out of this group a former third baseman turned 17 yrs two month ago has a fastball in the high 80's at the present. The Red Sox brass like very much Garcia who also trurned 17 yrs recently. Taveras is a 6.6/60 runner and has some pop in his bat. Amaya played for Panama Jr National team has showed good pop for his size. Lopez glove is ahead of his bat, but has potential. Aguero is believe to be a late bloomer.

scaffolds
12-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Lets take a look at the top 2010 Latin America prospects who haven't signed professional contract ( to my knowledge) on the board

Eskarlin Vasquez RF (D)
Luis Marte SS (D)-Signed with Texas.
Felix Jorge RHP (D)-signed with the Twins
Antonio Gonzalez SS (D)- signed with the Cubs.
Christopher Pichardo 3B (D) *
Gabriel Guerrero of/RHP (D)* Vladimir's nephew- Signed with Seatle fo $400,000 bonus.
Dioni Volquez RHP (D) Edinson's cousin
Ismael Alcantara SS (D)
Angel Alcantara 3B (D)
Emmanuel De Jesus LHP (D)
Wilton Ramirez CF (D)
Jose Ramirez SS (D)
Elvis Rubio OF (D)- Signed with the Brewers for a $95,000 bonus.
Pedro Arias P (D)*
Miguel Ascencio P (D)
Jeffrey Marte P (D)*
Rougned Odor SS (V)- Signed with Texas
Angel Mejia LHP (V)-Signed with the Cubs
Yorman Landa RHP (V)- Signed with the Twins
Felix Caravallo LHP (V)
Cesar Gonzalez C (V)
Anderson Mata LHP (V) Signed with the A's
Ronnie Mejias SS (V)- Signed by Arizona

* Are playing in the Domincan Player development league.

PS some notes of interest the A's have signed Andy Paz a 17 yrs catcher who was born in Cuba but his family moved to France 4 years ago and who played for France JR national team. Oakland signed him for a believed $100,000 bonus. The Cubs signed a 16 yrs Italian catcher by the name Alberto Mineo who played for Italy JR National team.

scaffolds
12-31-2010, 08:08 AM
In a non Red Sox related note here is a early list of the top prospects for the 2011 July second early phase of the International signing period.

Ronald Gusman OF
Elier Hernandez OF
Jeffrey Martinez OF
Miguel Andujar 3B
Jose Luis Mendez RHP
Richard Nunez C
Jose Rodriguez OF
Junior Amarante
Johnny Charles RHP

Emmanuel Salas OF
Nadir Crismatt RHP
"Maseta" Gonzalez RHP
Ruben Rodriguez SS
Roger Velez LHP
Ronniel Demorizi SS- youngest player in this group won't be 16 yrs until 7/19 can't sign before them.

scaffolds
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Lets take a look at the top 2010 Latin America prospects who haven't signed professional contract ( to my knowledge) on the board

Eskarlin Vasquez RF (D)
Luis Marte SS (D)
Felix Jorge RHP (D)
Antonio Gonzalez SS (D)
Gabriel Guerrero of/RHP (D)* Vladimir's nephew
Ismael Alcantara SS (D)
Angel Alcantara 3B (D)
Wilton Ramirez CF (D)
Rougned Odor SS (V)
Angel Mejia LHP (V)
Yorman Landa RHP (V)
Felix Caravallo LHP (V)
Cesar Gonzalez C (V)
Anderson Mata LHP (V)
Ronnie Mejias SS (V)

PS some notes of interest the A's have signed Andy Paz a 17 yrs catcher who was born in Cuba but his family moved to France 4 years ago and who played for France JR national team. Oakland signed him for a believed $100,000 bonus. The Cubs signed a 16 yrs Italian catcher by the name Alberto Mineo who played for Italy JR National team.

Well one less name the board as Baseball American is reporting that Venezuelan SS Rouned Odor has signed a profesion contract with the Rangers for 425,000 bonus.

scaffolds
01-05-2011, 07:16 AM
There are talk out in the scouting community that the Red Sox have signed 17 yrs Dominican third baseman Aneudis Peralta. Peralta was playing in the Dominican Prospect league, however needs to confirm this signing.

Therwil Flyer
01-05-2011, 07:35 AM
There are talk out in the scouting community that the Red Sox have signed 17 yrs Dominican third baseman Aneudis Peralta. Peralta was playing in the Dominican Prospect league, however needs to confirm this signing.

scaffolds, can you tell us more about him. Thanks.

Therwil Flyer
01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
found this on Peralta and Taveras on dplbasball.com:

"Aneury Peralta agrees with Redsox for $100,000. The 3rd basemen was the best hitter on the Toros del Cibao roster, his hands are quick through the hitting zone and creates back spin on every ball he hits. He can pick it on defense and shows a solid 50 arm. His body type is a concern, he will need to watch his weight through his development. Aneury Tavarez (Potros) was also picked up by Redsox for $90,000. Tavarez is a plus-plus runner (6.3 60yd) with solid hitting ability and power. He's an offensive 2B who should move quickly through the Redsox system."

scaffolds
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
found this on Peralta and Taveras on dplbasball.com:

"Aneury Peralta agrees with Redsox for $100,000. The 3rd basemen was the best hitter on the Toros del Cibao roster, his hands are quick through the hitting zone and creates back spin on every ball he hits. He can pick it on defense and shows a solid 50 arm. His body type is a concern, he will need to watch his weight through his development. Aneury Tavarez (Potros) was also picked up by Redsox for $90,000. Tavarez is a plus-plus runner (6.3 60yd) with solid hitting ability and power. He's an offensive 2B who should move quickly through the Redsox system."

I have heard that Taveras is closer to 6.6/60 speed than 6.3, but anyway he is a above average runner, according what i heard Perralta defense is above average with good power potential.. I am also hearing that Peralta has also caught (C) before.

scaffolds
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Dominicans aren't the only ones playing in the Dominican Prospect league (DPL) Cubans Rafael Valdez and Kenen Reyna are also playing in the league. Valdez is a SS who will be 17 yrs next month and Reyna is a 25 yrs outfielder both will be playing in the league All Star game at the end of January and are available to sign profesional contracts.

scaffolds
01-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Mexican Luis Heredia was one or two of the top pitching prospects avilable in the 2010 Internatinal market and the Pirates signing him for a reported 2.6 Million dollar bonus. One of the top pitching prospects available for the July 2 International signing date also comes from Mexico in the name of Robert Michael Garcia Quiros. Garcia is 6-2 175 has a quick and loose arm and throws a fastball around 90 at this time9Should throw harder in the future, his off speed pitches aren't as advanced but developing.

A Red Sox note, Cuban defector RHP Reiner Robles was at the the Red Sox baseball academy in the Dominican in the last few days. Robles who is 22 yrs (belived) throws mid 90's fastball with very good sinking action. Reiner command and control needs some work.

Richard
01-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the information.

scaffolds
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM

Eskarlin Vasquez RF (D)
Luis Marte SS (D)
Felix Jorge RHP (D)
Antonio Gonzalez SS (D)
Gabriel Guerrero of/RHP (D)* Vladimir's nephew
Ismael Alcantara SS (D)
Angel Alcantara 3B (D)
Wilton Ramirez CF (D)
Jose Ramirez SS (D)
Elvis Rubio OF (D)
Pedro Arias P (D)
Miguel Ascencio P (D)
Jeffrey Marte P (D)
Rougned Odor SS (V)- Signed with Texas
Angel Mejia LHP (V)
Yorman Landa RHP (V)
Felix Caravallo LHP (V)
Cesar Gonzalez C (V)
Anderson Mata LHP (V)
Ronnie Mejias SS (V)

This coming weekend (Jan 26) the DPL will hold his All Star game show casing, expect some signings after the game. In addition to the above list this is some names that big league organizations have been following.

OF Ranyemi Mendoza (will be 17 yrs in May)
OF Freiter Marte 20 yrs
OF Elvis Rubio 17 yrs Signed with Brewers 95,0000 bonus
OF Manuel Moscat (will be 17 yrs in March)
OF Algenis Ramirez ( will be 17 yrs in April)
OF Lenny Pena (will be 19 yrs in March)
Of Leonel Lorenzo 19 yrs
C Reymer Soto 18 yrs
C Kelvin Calderon (will be 17 yrs in April)
SS Carlos Rodriguez 18 yrs
SS Miguel Dilone 17 yrs
SS Jose Martinez 17 yrs
SS Jefry Santos 17 yrs
SS Rafael Valdes (Cuban) 17 yrs
RHP Pedro Arias 17 yrs
RHP Darwin Castillo 18 yrs Signed with the Royals for $300,000 bonus.
RHP Juan Daniel Marte 16 yrs
RHP Jeffry Marte 19 yrs
RHP Jose Morel 17 yrs
RHP Jordan Ventura 17 yrs
LHP Luis Cepeda (will be 17 yrs in April)
RHP Juan Mora 18 yrs

scaffolds
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the information.

My pleasure.

scaffolds
01-30-2011, 06:40 AM
This coming weekend (Jan 26) the DPL will hold his All Star game show casing, expect some signings after the game. In addition to the above list this is some names that big league organizations have been following.

OF Ranyemi Mendoza (will be 17 yrs in May)
OF Freiter Marte 20 yrs
OF Elvis Rubio 17 yrs
OF Manuel Moscat (will be 17 yrs in March)
OF Algenis Ramirez ( will be 17 yrs in April)
OF Lenny Pena (will be 19 yrs in March)
Of Leonel Lorenzo 19 yrs
C Reymer Soto 18 yrs
C Kelvin Calderon (will be 17 yrs in April)
SS Carlos Rodriguez 18 yrs
SS Miguel Dilone 17 yrs
SS Jose Martinez 17 yrs
SS Jefry Santos 17 yrs
SS Rafael Valdes (Cuban) 17 yrs
RHP Pedro Arias 17 yrs
RHP Darwin Castillo 18 yrs Signed with the Royals for $300,000 bonus.
RHP Juan Daniel Marte 16 yrs
RHP Jeffry Marte 19 yrs
RHP Jose Morel 17 yrs
RHP Jordan Ventura 17 yrs
RHP Luis Cepeda (will be 17 yrs in April)
RHP Juan Mora 18 yrs

DPL is reporting that Darwin Castillo signed after the All Star game with the Royals for a $300, 000 bonus more to come.

scaffolds
01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Baseball America reported that the Cubs signed Cuban defectors Ruben Silva and Yaniel Cabeza. Silva a 21 yrs outfielder signed for a bonus between $1-1.2 Millions, while also 21 yrs Cabeza signed for $500 000 dollars.

Talking about Cuban defectors, there is talk among the scouting community that Yasiel Balaguer (17 yrs) is looking for a bonus of 18-20 Millions (the years aren't known now, the marlin seems very interested in Balaguer. Jorge Soler (18 yrs) may be the best of the rest of Cuban defector who haven't signed a profesional contract. Soler also a outfielder is about 6-3 205 R/R with 5 potential tools, very good bat speed, potential explosive power and above arm.

scaffolds
02-01-2011, 07:59 AM
In a non Red Sox related note here is a early list of the top prospects for the 2011 July second early phase of the International signing period.

Ronald Gusman OF
Elier Hernandez OF
Jeffrey Martinez OF
Miguel Andujar 3B
Jose Luis Mendez RHP
Richard Nunez C
Jose Rodriguez OF
Junior Amarante
Johnny Charles RHP
Kenen Baille-Reyna OF
Emmanuel Salas OF
Nadir Crismatt RHP
"Maseta" Gonzalez RHP
Ruben Rodriguez SS
Roger Velez LHP
Ronniel Demorizi SS- youngest player in this group won't be 16 yrs until 7/19 can't sign before them.

A few more names to keep an eye for the start of International signing period on July second 2011:

Yairo Munoz SS
Dawel Lugo SS
Adelin Santa 3B
Angel Yenter 3B
Ronald Soto 3B
Franmil Reyes OF
Vladimir Almanzar OF
Jose Rodriguez OF
Alvaro Noriega C
Dionis Rodriguez C

Therwil Flyer
02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Talking about Cuban defectors, there is talk among the scouting community that Yasiel Balaguer (17 yrs) is looking for a bonus of 18-20 Millions (the years aren't known now, the marlin seems very interested in Balaguer.

Scaffolds, can you tell us more about this player. What makes him worth such an enormous signing bonus? I think Chapman currently holds the record with 16 million (or so).

And as a second question: Who do you think are the best/your favorite players that could be signed internationally?

scaffolds
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Scaffolds, can you tell us more about this player. What makes him worth such an enormous signing bonus? I think Chapman currently holds the record with 16 million (or so).

And as a second question: Who do you think are the best/your favorite players that could be signed internationally?

Well thats what Balaguer and his people may be asking for, I don't believe that they will anywhere close to that. Balaguer is about 6-0 180 R/R with average to plus accros the board projects as a corner outfielder. I like his fellow country man and outfielder Jorge Soler better.

Perhaps the top International prospect available for the July second signing date are Dominicans outfielders Ronald Gusman, Franmil Reyes and Elier Hernandez. Gusman who just won the HR derby at the DPL All Star game is 6-4 195 lefthanded hitter won't be 17 yrs until late October. Hernandez is 6-2 180 and won't be 17 yrs until late November and Reyes is 6-4 175 won the MVP at the the DPL All Star game, but won't 16 until July 7th which means can't sign until this date. Also is my understanding that Hernandez has heavy interest in the Red Sox. Also I am very interested in the two Dominican RHP Manuel Gonzalez and Jose Luis Mendez. Gonzalez known as Maseta (the hammer) is 6-4 200 and just turned 16 yrs at the end of January, Mendes is 6-5 190 and turned 16 yrs at the end of December all 5 of this prospects where All star at the DPL and according how the International Market is now a days it could take for 2+ Millions bonus to sign.

Therwil Flyer
02-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Well thats what Balaguer and his people may be asking for, I don't believe that they will anywhere close to that. Balaguer is about 6-0 180 R/R with average to plus accros the board projects as a corner outfielder. I like his fellow country man and outfielder Jorge Soler better.

Perhaps the top International prospect available for the July second signing date are Dominicans outfielder Ronald Gusman, Franmil Reyes and Elier Hernandez. Gusman who just won the HR derby at the DPL All Star game is 6-4 195 lefthanded hitter won't be 17 yrs until late October. Hernandez is 6-2 180 and won't be 17 yrs until late November and Reyes is 6-4 175 won the MVP at the the DPL All Star game, but won't 16 until July 7th which means can't sign until this date. Also is my understanding that Hernandez has heavy interest in the Red Sox. Also I am very interested in the two Dominican RHP Manuel Gonzalez and Jose Luis Mendez. Gonzalez know as Maseta (the hammer) is 6-4 200 and just turned 16 yrs at the end of January, Mendes is 6-5 190 and turned 16 yrs at the end of December all 5 of this prospects where All star at the DPL and according how the International Market is now a days will be asking for 2+ Millions bonus to sign.

Gracias, Scaff! Very interesting.

scaffolds
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM

My Pleasure, let me make myself clear, it doesn't mean that Balaguer is looking for a bonus (like Chapman did) of 18-20 millions but a bonus-contract in the 18-20 millions range, in another words a bonus for X amount and a contract for X years (isn't known for how many years) for X amount dollars per year, but even a package like that (similar to Iglesias) don't see Balaguer getting it.

Therwil Flyer
02-02-2011, 07:59 AM
My Pleasure, let me make myself clear, it doesn't mean that Balaguer is looking for a bonus (like Chapman did) of 18-20 millions but a bonus-contract in the 18-20 millions range, in another words a bonus for X amount and a contract for X years (isn't known for how many years) for X amount dollars per year, but even a package like that (similar to Iglesias) don't see Balaguer getting it.

Ok. thanks again. I actually did misunderstand you, thinking that Balaguer was looking for a 18 + million signing bonus in addition to a contract.

scaffolds
02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
More International baseball prospects talk Panamaians RHP Carlos Bermudez and outfielder Losif Bernal are also prospects to keep and eye. Bermudez fastball sits at 85, but at 6-8 175 there is a lot more in the tank for the future. Bermal is 6-3 180 a 6.8/60 runner with + arm.

scaffolds
02-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Jose Fernandez is a Cuban defector, but unlike other defectors he isn't a free agent, the reason is his family after leaving Cuba has made residency in Florida and because of it he is subect to the MLB draft and not only could he be among the first ten selection in this June's draft he could be first player out of the High school ranks to be drafted. Fernandez isn't just very signable, but a horse, the 6-3 215 18 yrs RHP has #1 pitching staff rotation stuff with a steady mid 90's fastball that touches 97, a hard curveball and his change up has a lot of promise.

scaffolds
02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Dominican Alfredo Simon became the second prospect (both RHP) after the DPL Sll Star game to sign a profesional contract when the 18 yrs RHP signed with the San Francisco Giants for a reported $400, 000 bonus. Simon who is 6-4 210 showed the best stuff out of the pitchers in the DPL All star game when his fastball sat at 92-94 during the game.

Therwil Flyer
02-07-2011, 05:16 AM
FWIW: Sox sign a 16 year old C Beau Bishop from New Zealand: link (http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/8786470/kiwi-kid-signs-with-red-sox/%3Cbr%20/%3E/)

scaffolds
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
DPL is reporting more signings after the Allstar game highlited by Tampa's signing of LHP Luis Cepeda for $60,000 ( i like this signing) Cepeda who won't turn 17 yrs until later in the Spring is 6-0 170. Yankees signed 20 yrs CF Feirte marte for $100,000 bonus, The Brewers outfielder Elvis Rubio (on his birthday, 17yrs) for $95,000 bonus, Cardinals signed16 yrs RHP for $66,000 bonus, The Indians signed 16 yrs catcher Kevin Calderon for $80,000 bonus and the Pirates signed 17 yrs Leandro Rodriguez for a $80,000 bonus.

scaffolds
02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
BA is reporting that Seatle has signed Dominican outfielder Gabriel Guerrero. Guererro who is 17 yrs is Vladimir's Guerrero's cousin signed for a reported $400,000 bonus.

scaffolds
02-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Earlier in the Fall I reported that the Red Sox had signed Venezuelan RHP Joseph Carpabire, them latter in the Winter reported that Carpabire contract was voided, at the time the reason wasn't known. Today MLB has released that Carpabire (who is a free agent) and Dominican right handed pitcher William Abreu (who MLB is reporting that he had signed with the Sox in December 2010) have been suspended for 50 games for failing a drug text. Abreu has been linked to the Sox since 2009 and for some unknown reason the signing hadn't taken place until December.

In other news both BA and DPL are reporting that the Twins have signed Dominican RHP Felix Jorge to $250,000 bonus.

PS Abreu was signed by the Red Sox on his 18th birthday (12/10) is 6-1 190-200 lbs, is going tol miss the first 50 games of the DSL in 2011. Carpabire was signed originally in September 1 is 17 yrs and was available to be signed since July 2 2009.

scaffolds
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I want to share with the readers a question that i have been asked by email. The question is about my opinion on how the Red Sox have approached the 2009 and 2010 International phases, the players signed and the dollars spended, so lets look at the top prospects that the Sox have signed those years.

In 2009:

Jose Vinicio SS (Signed out of the Dominican for $1.9 Million
Iago Januario RHP (Signed out of Brazil for a reported, not confirmed 7 figure bonus)
Raul Alcantara RHP (Signed out of the Dominican for $500,000 bonus)
Xander Bogaerts SS (signed out of Aruba for a $410,000 bonus)
Mario Alcantara RHP (Signed out of the Dominican for $350,000 bonus)
Ricardo Betancourt LHP (Signed out of Venezuela)
Jair Bogaerts C (signed out of Aruba for $180,000 bonus)
Robert Del Rosario CF (signed out of the Dominican for $150,000 bonus)
Sully Bonnelly RHP (Signed out of the Dominican)

In 2010:

Juan Carlos Linares CF ( Signed as a Cuban defector for a $750,000 bonus)
Adalberto Ibarra C (Signed as Cuban defector for a adjusted $750,000 bonus)
Jorge Padron LF/1B (Signed as Cuban defector for a $350,000 bonus)
Edwin Osorio RHP (Signed out of Colombia)
Anthony Amaya CF (Signed out of Panama)
Edwar Garcia RHP (signed out of the Dominican)
Aneudis Peralta (Signed out of the Dominican for $95,000 bonus)
Aneury Tavarez signed out of the Dominican for $80,000 bonus)

By taking a look at the information above is clear that the Sox spended a lot more money (bonus) than it has in 2010, however the 2010 International signing phases isn't over and the Sox have changed for a bit its signing philosophy having signed the more polished and older Cuban defectors over the younger Latin players (Non Cuban) but the 2010 signing phase isn't over. The talk among the International scouting community is that the Sox may have under valued this market, but also that it may be in the market looking for bargains or playing out the field. Above is a listof the TOP availalable players that can sign profesional contracts before the start of the next (July second 2011) International signing period.

Christopher Pichardo 3B (Dominican)
Eskarlen Vasquez OF (Dominican)
Luis Marte SS (Dominican)-signed with Texas
Antonio Gonzalez SS (Dominican) Signed with the Cubs.
Angel Mejia LHP (Venezuelan) Signed with the Cubs.
Yorman Londa RHP (Venezuelan)-Signed with the Twins
Felix Carvallo LHP (Venezuelan)

scaffolds
02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
A couple more names to follow for the July second International signing phase. SS Yairo Diaz-Munoz Known as the magician is 16 yrs 6-0 168 a switch hitter and outfielder Carlos Valdez a 6-0 180 right hander hitter and thrower. Valdez unlike most of the elite prospects available for July second signing period isn't 16 yrs, but 17 yrs. Both Dominican prospects are 6.6/60 runners.

scaffolds
02-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Baseball America is reporting that the Yankees have signed Cuban defector Yadil Mujica. Mujica a 25 yrs short stop was a All Star in Cuba and the switch hitter was in the mix to made the Cuban team the last two years before they found out of his intensions of leaving the Communist Island.

PS Cuban defector Kenen Reyna finished second in the DPL All Star Home Run Derby, but the Cuban outfielder is 26 yrs.

scaffolds
03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=scaffolds;1845556]A few more names to keep an eye for the start of International signing period on July second 2011:

Yairo Munoz SS
Dawel Lugo SS
Adelin Santa 3B
Angel Yenter 3B
Ronald Soto 3B
Franmil Reyes OF
Vladimir Almanzar OF
Jose Rodriguez OF
Alvaro Noriega C
Dionis Rodriguez C[

A couple more names of top prospects for the July second start of the internationalearly phase signing.

3B Angel Yender
OF Carlos Valdez

scaffolds
03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Need to bring my board up to date, Dominican SS Antonio Gonzalez and Venezuelan LHP Angel Mejia signed with the Cubs.

scaffolds
03-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Need to bring my board up to date, Dominican SS Antonio Gonzalez and Venezuelan LHP Angel Mejia signed with the Cubs.

Arizona signed Venezuelan SS Ronnie Mejias.

scaffolds
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
There is talk that the Red Sox have signed 16 yrs Venezuelan catcher Alison Suarez. Suarez is 6-1 180 and a right handed hitter.

scaffolds
03-06-2011, 05:42 PM
The Red Sox have signed RHP Jose Espitia and SS Cleriluis Rondon both Venezuelans. Espitia is 17 yrs and 6-2 180, while Rondon will be 17 yrs in 6 weeks is 6-0 155 a right handed hitter.

scaffolds
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
The Red Sox have signed Dominican RHP Oscar Melendez. Melendez is 17 yrs 6-1 150.

scaffolds
03-08-2011, 02:32 PM
To answer a question that i was ask by email about my opinion on the last four internaltional players signed by the Sox, Alison Suarez, Jose Espitia, Cleriluis Rondon and Oscar Melendez. none of these players are top prospects, however all of them became available to sign profesionally just this past July second, it isn't like players that has been pass on by teams and them signed as they get older as some of the signing that has been taking place lately by some teams. Suarez is perhaps the top signing out of this group, he hasn't been catching for too long, a former infielder who also has some pitching and is considered a better prospect than fellow catcher and Venezuelan David Sopika (who also signed as a 16 yrs) late last Spring. Rondon at this time isn't as a good product as fellow shortstop and Venezuelan Dernier Lopez who signed earlier in 2010, the same with Espitia and Melendez they aren't as well regarded as fellow RHP Edwin Osorio (Colombian) and Edwar Garcia (Dominican) who both signed earlier in 2010.

scaffolds
03-08-2011, 08:34 PM
The DPL is reporting more signings: Toronto signed OF Francisco Tejada for $150,000. Tejada who is 17 yrs is 6-4 185 R/R. The Brewers signed 3B Estervin Matos for a $100,000 bonus, Matos is 17 yrs. The National signed 1B Deury Vasquez fora $30,000 bonus, Vasquez is 18 yrs. The Mets signed RHP Miguel Anguel Bautista for $10,000. signing bonus and is 18 yrs and Arizona signed 19 yrs second baseman Jesse Liriano for $10, 000 signing bonus.

scaffolds
03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
The Twins signed Venezuelan RHP Yorman Landa. A Athletic pitcher throw a fastball in the 87-92 range.

scaffolds
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
MLB had a week camp/clinic in Brazil for the countrys top 48 baseball players at the end of February. The Braves has a baseball academy in Brazil believed to be the only by a MLB team, the Braves all has a baseball academy in Spain.

scaffolds
03-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Dominican RHP Dioscar Romero is another top prospect for the July second international signing date. Romero is a 16 yrs who is 6-2 195.

scaffolds
03-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Baseball America is reporting that the Red Sox spend $1.640 million in signing bonus in 2010 to sign International players, this amount doesn't included what the red Sox spend to sign Cuban players (Linares, Padron and Ibarra) I believe that the Red Sox will sign 3 to 5 players (probably all pitchers) to complete the 2011 Red Sox DSL roster, asit stands now it looks like this.

Pitchers:

1- William Cuevas RHP
2- Iago Januario RHP
3- Ricardo Betancourt LHP
4- Edwin Osorio RHP
5- Edwar Garcia RHP
R- Elis Jimenez RHP
R- Jose Espitia RHP
R- Francelis Monta RHP
R- Pedro Reyes LHP
R- Carlos Pinales RHP
R- William Abreu RHP
R- Oscar Melendez RHP
R- Sully Bonnelly* RHP

Catchers:

1- Jair Bogaerts
2- Alixon Suarez
3- David Sopilka

Infield:

1B- Juan Ugas
2B- Aneury Taveras
SS- Denier Lopez
3B- Aneudis Peralta
2B- Derward Ruiz
SS-Cleriluis Rondon
3B- Roberto Duncan
UT- Ali Gonzalez

Outfielders:

LF- Dreily Guerrero
CF- Roberto Del Rosario
RF- Curtley Doran
LF- Alfredo Soto
CF- Anthony Amaya
RF- Ynoel; Aguero

1-5 are the projected starters, * projected closer.

scaffolds
03-11-2011, 06:34 AM
BA is reporting that the yankees have signed Dominican RHP Juan Carlos Paniagua. Paniagua 6-1 170 is 20yrs signed for a 1.1Million dollars, was suspended by MLB for a year because age and indentity fraud last year, but throw a fastball in the 93-95 range touching 98, his breaking pitches are a work in progress.

scaffolds
03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
More Cuban defectors signings, Tampa signed LHP Sergio Espinoza for a $100,000 bonus. a reliever in Cuba, throw a fastball around 90, but his best pitch is a sharp slider. the Giants signed RHP Reiner Roibal for a $ 400,0000 bonus. Roibal 21 yrs 6-1 215 throws a fastball in the Mid 90's and a slider, while he hasn't pitch on a regular basis since he left Cuba is considered a very good prospect. The Cubs signed RHP Juan Serrano for a $ 250,000 bonus. Serrano 5-10 220 has a fastball in the high 80's that tops out at 91 but with a very good movement.

scaffolds
03-11-2011, 04:49 PM
More Cuban defectors signings, Tampa signed LHP Sergio Espinoza for a $100,000 bonus. a reliever in Cuba, throw a fastball around 90, but his best pitch is a sharp slider. the Giants signed RHP Reiner Roibal for a $ 400,0000 bonus. Roibal 21 yrs 6-1 215 throws a fastball in the Mid 90's and a slider, while he hasn't pitch on a regular basis since he left Cuba is considered a very good prospect. The Cubs signed RHP Juan Serrano for a $ 250,000 bonus. Serrano 5-10 220 has a fastball in the high 80's that tops out at 91 but with a very good movement.

Talking about Cuban players scouts where very impress by the talent of the Cuban 18 and under who played in Canada last July, is the same type of age team that Sox's prospect Jose Iglesias defected from, this time outfielder Yasiel Balaguert defected, but with the possibilities that some of this talent may defect in the future hereis a list of the top prospects on this team.

Pitchers:

Omar Luis (the staff ace)
Eddyalb Valentin
Yosbel Castillo
Darien Nunez
Yordanis Casanova

Hitters:

Guillermo Aviles
Gerkis jimenez
Jorge Soler
Yamil Rivalta
Lazaro Hernandez.

scaffolds
03-12-2011, 10:56 AM
The Red Sox signed Mexican outfielder Jose Colorado. Colorado the second Mexican prospect (OF Jesus Layya the other) signed in about a year after years without sign Mexican players is 20 yrs and is possible that he will skip the DSL and play in the GCL in 2011 where he would play with Layya.

scaffolds
03-15-2011, 02:08 PM
The A's have signed Venezuelan LHP Anderson Mata. Mata 17 yrs is a polished LHP. rangers signed Dominican SS Luis Marte. Marte 17 yrs show good pop for a middle infielder, most scouts thinks he could stay as middle the infield player. marte is the 6 SS (the fourth from latin America) signed by Texas, the other two are from Netherland and Taiwan this signing period.

scaffolds
03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
According to Baseball America the Giants have signed Dominican LHP Adalberto Mejia to a #350,000 signing bonus. Mejia 6-3 190 and 17 yrs has a fastball in the 87-90 range that tops at 92.

PS to asnswer a email question about where do the Red Sox International scouting programs stands compare to the rest of the MLB teams. In my opinion is a middle of the pack program. I am not a fan of the Sox director of international scouting Craig Shipley.

scaffolds
03-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Dominican Dreily Guerrero is in Spring training in Ft Myers and more likely wil play at the GCL in 2011. Guerrero a utily type of player has played, 2B and LF in the DSL (played in 2009 and 2010 at the DSL) Guerrero 20 yrs is a similar type of player (slighter bigger) to Heiker Menesses (who played at the GCL in 2010) led the Sox (DSL) entry in stolen bases with 24. Also in Ft Myers is recently signed second baseman Aneuris Taveras, however isn't sure where Taveras will play in 2011. The only second baseman in the DSL roster is Arubian Derward Ruiz, but it has two SS Dernier Lopez and Cleuluis Rondon both Venezuelan. On a down note it seems the future of Dominican OF Alfredo Soto Red Sox carreer maybe over after spending spending 2010 in the restricted list and is still on it. Soto signed in June 2009 showed very good right powerat the DSL the same year.

scaffolds
03-20-2011, 03:15 PM
The DPL has been show casing RHP Jeffrey Marte and Jose Morel on their trip to Florida's spring training camps (Red Sox included) as both pitchers are elegible to be signed. I have talked about both pitchers earler. Marte is 6-4 195 and the 19 yrs has a fastball in the 89-91 range and a good curveball. Morel is 6-2 175 and 17 yrs throws a 88-90 fastball with late life and shows a feel for a change up and curveball. Reported Sox's GM was present at a game between the DPL representation and a Red Sox rookie level team.

scaffolds
03-20-2011, 08:11 PM
The Sox signed Dominican Jeremias Pineda, a 20 yrs switch hitting outfielder. Pinedas older than the normal Dominican thats get signed will skip the DSL and play in the GCL (in 2011) like fellow 20 yrs and OF (Mexican) Jose Colorado. Pinedas is in Spring training at Ft Myers.

scaffolds
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
The Sox have signed Dominican RHP Nelson Arguila. Arguila 6-2 185 is 22 yrs. Arguila is Spring training in Ft Myers and could play in the GCL in 2011.

More information about Jeremias Pineda. Pineda was signed for a $10,000 bonus is a Flyer, ++ speed (perhaps faster than Felix Sanchez who is the fastest runner in the Red Sox system) also has + arm (has done some pitching before) but his hitting is very raw, the Sox are hoping that with instruction will be able to hit.

While not a fresh news Fernando Tamayo who was Craig Shipley assistant and right hand man resigned to go to law school.

scaffolds
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
For those who are International scouting fans or followers (don't know how much interest are on this site about this) don't expect the Red Sox to do a big splash around the 2011 July second (the start of the International signing phase) i mean they may sign 1 or 2 top 16 yrs International players, but not more than and expect most of the signings to be in the 17-19 yrs area. Its a new philosophy adopted by the organization and one not share by everyone. the organization feels that they could get a better read in prospects that are a bit older and perhaps cheaper.

PS I reported earlier that Brazialian pitcher Iago Januario had signed for a seven figure contract when in reality he signed for $150,000

scaffolds
03-22-2011, 11:44 AM
The Red Sox have 3 scouts covering the Dominican, but of them Victor Rodriguez JR ( the son of Victor Rodriguez the Sox's hitting coordinator) not only will be a rookie scout (he is actually Puerto Rican) in the Dominican, but has only one year of experience as he was a part time scout in Florida for the Sox in 2010. Understandly the Sox has 5 scouts to cover Venezuela (Venezuela is a lot bigger than the Dominican a lot more territorry to cover).

With the recent promotion of Dreily Guerrero to the GCL and Alfredo Soto not longer with the Sox will have to sign for more depth (only 3 middle infielders) and 4 outfielders besides needs for pitchers at the DSL before the start of the season in 2 months, which by the way Spring training is also going on.

scaffolds
03-23-2011, 08:25 AM
In a non signing note, but about international players. Arubian SS Xander Boagaerts stock has been really on the rise, perhaps the most of any prospect in the Red Sox system, Baseball American has him ranked in the top teens among Sox prospects even without playing a official game in the States. But rightly so the 18 yrs is highly athletic at around 6-3 175 and can really really hit for average and projects to hit for power, but Boagaerts doesn't project as a SS as his body fills out a move to third base should follow. Dominican Jose Garcia on the other hand is a player under the radar and again rightly so. Garcia who will be 20 yrs next month after signing with the Sox in may of 2008 for a reported $300,000 bonus struggle with the bat in the DSL (after signing) and hit for a 216 batting average with 4 doubles, 2 tripples and 3 HR in 232 AB before a surprise promotion to the GCL where again he struggle hitting for a 214 batting average with 8 doubles 1 tripple and 2 HR in 168 AB, but again earning a promotion this time to lowell. At Lowell the 5-11 165 Garcia was hitting around 300 batting average before a injury made Garcia to miss close to a month. Garcia wasn't the same hitter (before the injury) when he returned back and finished the year with a 242 batting average with 13 doubles and 2 HR in 194 AB. Healthy in 2011 in Spring training Garcia has been back to making solid contact with ball and even hitting with more power as he projects to be Greenville SS in 2011, but defense is where he stands out as other than Jose Iglesias not other SS in the Red Sox sytem has the hands or range that Garcia has. As any young player he needs to slow down his game as his errors in the pasts has been rushing his plays, but with maturity he has improved that phase of the game, i expect for Garcia to have a break out year in 2011..

scaffolds
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
The talk in the scouting community is that Cuban dector OF leonys Martin has come to a contract agreemnet with the Texas rangers.

scaffolds
04-09-2011, 12:24 PM
According to the DPL the California Angels have signed LHP Natanel Rodriguez. Rodriguez 20 yrs signed for a $180, 000 bonus throws a fastball in the 92-94 range (reportely)

scaffolds
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Tha Atlanta Braves have signed Colombian third baseman Adolfo Almanza. Almanza 20 yrs also had a tryout with the Red Sox.

scaffolds
04-11-2011, 07:50 PM
When i have talk about the top prospects for the up coming July second signing date it has been about Dominican Prospects, so lets talk about the Venezuelan prospects.

Jose Ruiz C- very good receiving skills, above average arm, very good power, has all the tools.
Mark Malave C- switch hitter (has a better bat than Ruiz) former SS, strong arm, his receiving skills needs to be polish.
Derek Capetillo C- 15 yrs good size,above average arm, can hit, good power.
Jose Garcia C- has a fluid swing, good receiving skills.
Luis lara C- athletic, 6.80/60 runner, very strong arm, but his bat is behind the rest of his skills.
Anthony Santader OF- 6.90/60 runner, switch hitter (better hitter from the RH side, specially for power) strong, projects as a RF.
Jesus Gonzalez OF- good speed and power, very strong arm ( a 60 out of a 80 scale) projects as a RF.
Jose Leal OF- Athletic, 6.85-6.90/60 speed, strong, good power, but some? about hitting breaking pitches.
Wilmer Becerra OF- 6.60/60 speed, advanced bat, very good projection, but because of a weak arm projects as a LF.
Jose Godoy OF- Athletic with a compact body, has good LH power.
Ramon Loaiza OF- Good speed, good LH power, but a weak arm, that projects as a LF.
Victor Medina OF- Athletic, good size, good RH power, former third baseman.
Carlos Tocchi OF- 6.60/60 runner, but hasn't mature physically.
Eduar Pinto OF- small CF, but has already played in the venezuelan paralela league (rookie) in the fall) LH can hit for average.
Angelo Castellanos SS- good hands and arm, can hit for average.
Alberti Chavez SS 15 yrs, 6.80/60 runnercontact hitter to all fields, good hands and arm.
Arturo Michelana SS average hands, strong arm, his bat is behind the rest of his tools.
Jose Jordan 2B- good hitter, soft hands.
Jonathan Perez RHP 15 yrs, 6-4, 88-89 FB that touches 90 (very projectable) change up needs work.
Victor Sanchez RHP (also a of, but projects as a P) 89-90 FB (consistent)has a feel for a breaking ball, throws strikes.
Junior Flores RHP (Franklin Morale's cousin) 88-91 FB and good slider, needs work in his command and control.
Kevin Sosa RHP 87-88 FB, needs to polish his mechanics and control.
Luis Careno RHP 87-88 FB with goodd command.
Soid Marquez RHP 87-88 FB, change up and curveball, has good control in all of his pitches.
Antonia Senzatela RHP 88-90 FB that tops out at 91a change up around 79 and a good curveball.
Reinald Robles RHP- 86-87 FB, very good curveball, change up needs work.
Juliandry Higuera LHP- 84-85 FB, good change up, but curveball needs work.
Yohander Mendez LHP- FB around 86, good change up, but curveball is raw.
Carlos Rodriguez LHP- FB around 87, good curveball, good control.

Again this is a Venezuelan group of prospects, as in general is considered better than the 2010 group, perhaps not as strong at the top.

scaffolds
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
The Red Sox have cut back in their scouts in Latin America. For Example in Venezuela who they had 5 scouts they only have 3 scouts as Luis Prieto and Julio Guevera arn't not longer in their organization. Juan Pringle also isn't in the organization so they don't have a scout in Panama, or in Aruba as Derwin Ruiz is also gone. I speculate that Curacao scout Antonio Simon will scout in Aruba. In Mexico Jose Cabrera has been replaced by Jack Pierce. Europe scouting coordinator Mike Lord has added the same title in Mexico.

scaffolds
04-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Leonys Martin with the Rangers was supposed to be official yesterday (April 13th) is a ML contract worth 15 millions (however don't know how is spread out) for the 23 yrs Cuban outfielder.

scaffolds
04-18-2011, 08:39 AM
A couple more names to follow for the July second 2010 signing phase.

Joan Urena missed by one day been available to sign in 2010, as his birthday is September 1. The 6-1 180 switch hitting third baseman is a good hitter with power and speed, play good D and has a strong arm.

Sammy Vasquez is 5-10 158 a switch hitting SS makes good contact with the ball and has some power, has very good hands and range.

Both of this players are from the same home town of Santiago in the Dominican and have represented the Island in international events.

scaffolds
04-18-2011, 12:49 PM
The July second International signing phase day is two and half months away, but we are setting a table list of the top prospect available.

Prospect order by position:

Manuel "Maseta" Gonzalez RHP (D)
Jose Luis Mendez RHP (D)
Jonathan Perez RHP (V)
Victor Sanchez RHP (V)
Juan Martes RHP (D)
Dioscar Romero RHP(D)
Eddy Castro RHP (D)
Junior Flores RHP (V)
Roberto Michael Garcia-Quiros RHP (MEX)
Johnny Charles RHP (D)
Nadir Crismart RHP (Col)
Kevin Sosa RHP (V)
Luis Careno RHP (V)
Antonio Sanzetela RHP (V)
Soid Marquez RHP (V)
Carlos Vermudez RHP (PAN)
Reinaldo Robles RHP (V)
Ramiro Cortez RHP (PAM)
Harold Aruz RHP (Pam)
Julio Arsomena RHP (Pam)
Victor Tirado RHP (D)
Roger Velez LHP (Col)
Havid Burgos LHP (D)
Carlos Rodriguez LHP (V)
Yohander Mendez LHP (V)
Julian Higuera LHP(V)
Jose Ruiz C (V)
Mark Malave C (V)
Derek Capetillo C (V)
Dionis Rodriguez C (D)
Alvaro Noriega C (Col)
Jose Garcia C (V)
Richard Nunez C (D)
Luis Lara C (V)
Pablo Urena C (Pam)
Roniel Demorizi SS (D)
Yairo Diaz-Munoz SS (D)
Dawel Lugo SS (D)
Ruben Rodriguez SS (D)
Adalberto Mondesi SS (D)
Sammy Vasquez SS (D)
Luis Reynoso SS (D)
Angel Ruiz SS (D)
Alberte Chavez SS (V)
Angelo Castellanos SS (V)
Arturo Michelana SS (V)
Angel Yente 3B (D)
Joan Urena 3B (D)
Adelen Santa 3b (D)
Miguel Andujar 3B (D)
Ronald Soto 3B (D)
Ronald Gusman OF (D)
Elier Hernandez OF (D)
Franmil Reyes (D) (D)
Anthony Santader OF (V)
Jesus Gonzalez OF (V)
Carlos Valdez OF (D)
Wilmer Becerra OF (V)
Manuel Marcos OF (D)
Jose Leal OF (V)
Alvie James OF (Pan)
Jose Rodriguez OF (D)
Jeffrey Martinez OF (D)
Jose Godoy OF (V)
Ramon Loaiza OF (V)
Victor Medina OF (V)
Hersin Martinez OF (D)
Junior Amarante OF (D)
Emmanuel Salas OF (D)
Vladimir Almanzar OF (D)
Eduar Pinto OF (V)
Losif Bernal OF (Pan)
Carlos Tocchi OF (V)
Braulio De Leon OF (Pam)
Amael Gonzalez OF (Pam)
Eddy Sanchez 2B (D)
Jose Jordan 2B (V)

This isn't the final list for the July second signing phase. D= Dominican, V=Venezuelan. Pan=Panama, Col= Colombia, Mex= Mexico.

scaffolds
04-19-2011, 06:33 AM
DPL All Star Miguel Dilone Jr have signed with the Colorado Rockies for a $90,000 bonus.

scaffolds
04-24-2011, 05:53 PM
According to International scouts the Red Sox is very interested in Venezuelan outfielder Carlos Tocci. I talked about Tocci briefly earlier in this thread, but his main tool is being + runner a 6.60 runner.

scaffolds
04-27-2011, 07:57 AM
In a Non scouting or signing note, but DSL Red Sox related. The Sox are switching Curtney Doran from the outfield to be a pitcher. Doran from Curacao is 6-0 185 R/R and 19 yrs. As outfielder in 2009 and 2010 in the DSL hit for 214 and 225 average with 2 HR in each season, a RF known for his +arm. In addition Arubian second baseman Derward Ruiz who played for the Sox DSL in 2009 and 2010 has been released.

scaffolds
04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
The DSL opens their 2011 season a month away from Today. On Saturday May 28th the Sox plays their first game of the 2011 DSL season on their own home field against oneof the two yankees entrys

scaffolds
05-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Leonys Martin Contract with the Rangers is 5 years totaling 15 Millions, the hold up on this contract was Martin's legal papers.

scaffolds
05-03-2011, 06:11 AM
The July second International signing phase day is two and half months away, but we are setting a table list of the top prospect available.

Prospect order by position:

Manuel "Maseta" Gonzalez RHP (D)
Jose Luis Mendez RHP (D)
Jonathan Perez RHP (V)
Victor Sanchez RHP (V)
Roberto Osuma RHP (M)
Franklyn Pimentel RHP (D)
Juan Martes RHP (D)
Dioscar Romero RHP(D)
Eddy Castro RHP (D)
Junior Flores RHP (V)
Sebastian Perez RHP (D)
Alberto Urtado RHP (D)
Wally Vrolejk RHP (Curacao)
Roberto Michael Garcia-Quiros RHP (MEX)
Johnny Charles RHP (D)
Virgilio Encarnacion RHP (D)
Junior Arias RHP (D)
Nadir Crismart RHP (Col)
Kevin Sosa RHP (V)
Luis Careno RHP (V)
Soid Marquez RHP (V)
Carlos Vermudez RHP (PAN)
Reinaldo Robles RHP (V)
Ramiro Cortez RHP (PAM)
Harold Aruz RHP (Pam)
Julio Arsomena RHP (Pam)
Victor Tirado RHP (D)
Erik Hurtado LHP (D)
Roger Velez LHP (Col)
Havid Burgos LHP (D)
Carlos Rodriguez LHP (V)
Yohander Mendez LHP (V)
Julian Higuera LHP(V)
Jose Ruiz C (V)
Mark Malave C (V)
Derek Capetillo C (V)
Dionis Rodriguez C (D)
Alvaro Noriega C (Col)
Jose Garcia C (V)
Richard Nunez C (D)
Luis Lara C (V)
Pablo Urena C (Pam)
Roniel Demorizi SS (D)
Yairo Diaz-Munoz SS (D)
Dawel Lugo SS (D)
Ruben Rodriguez SS (D)
Adalberto Mondesi SS (D)
Sammy Vasquez SS (D)
Carlos Beloni SS (D)
Dolfi Paulino SS (D)
Warner Franco SS (D)
Luis Reynoso SS (D)
Angel Ruiz SS (D)
Bill Pujols SS (D)
Genao Bolivar SS (D)
Cesar Gutierrez SS (D)
Jose Martinez SS (D)
Alberte Chavez SS (V)
Arturo Michelana SS (V)
Angel Yente 3B (D)
Joan Urena 3B (D)
Adelen Santa 3b (D)
Miguel Andujar 3B (D)
Ronald Soto 3B (D)
Johan Herrera 3B (D)
Miguel Merces 3B (D)
Jimmy Perez 3B (D)
Ronald Gusman OF (D)
Elier Hernandez OF (D)
Franmil Reyes OF (D)
Nomar Mazara OF (D)
Anthony Santader OF (V)
Jesus Gonzalez OF (V)
Balfi Munoz OF (D)
Carlos Valdez OF (D)
Wilmer Becerra OF (V)
Hersin Martinez OF (D)
Jose Leal OF (V)
Manuel Marcos OF (D)
Harold Ramirez OF (COL)
Junior Santana OF (D)
John Mora OF (D)
Jose Rodriguez OF (D)
Jeffrey Martinez OF (D)
Jose Godoy OF (V)
Ramon Loaiza OF (V)
Victor Medina OF (V)
Alvie James OF (Pan)
Junior Amarante OF (D)
Emmanuel Salas OF (D)
Vladimir Almanzar OF (D)
Eduar Pinto OF (V)
Losif Bernal OF (Pan)
Carlos Tocchi OF (V)
Braulio De Leon OF (Pam)
Amael Gonzalez OF (Pam)
Eddy Sanchez 2B (D)
Jose Jordan 2B (V)

This isn't the final list for the July second signing phase. D= Dominican, V=Venezuelan. Pan=Panama, Col= Colombia, Mex= Mexico.

July second the first day to sign international players is two months away, there are now 100 names in the list of prospects that could be signing around that date.

scaffolds
05-05-2011, 06:45 AM
The DPL is having is having a show casing this Saturday (May 7th) expect some signings after it with the start of the DSL 3 weeks away.

SwissRedSoxFan
05-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Hey Scaffolds, I want your opinion about Michael Ynoa (Oak) and Noel ArgŁelles (KC). Both didn't pitch at all in 2010. Was it a good decision by the Red Sox to not sign them, or compete to sign them? Ynoa is 19 now and has pitched like 9 innings in 2-3 years in pro ball. Whats the matter? And how about Noel Arguelles? Does he project as a frontline SP?

scaffolds
05-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey Scaffolds, I want your opinion about Michael Ynoa (Oak) and Noel ArgŁelles (KC). Both didn't pitch at all in 2010. Was it a good decision by the Red Sox to not sign them, or compete to sign them? Ynoa is 19 now and has pitched like 9 innings in 2-3 years in pro ball. Whats the matter? And how about Noel Arguelles? Does he project as a frontline SP?

First of sorry for taking so long in getting back to you, have been out of town. like you know souting isn't a exact science is based on tools, ceiling and projections and both of thiis pitchers have a lot talents.The Red Sox where very intersted in both of them if the money was right. You are right Ynoa has had a lot of health issues since he signed. I haven't follwed him this year so don't know if he is pitching or not, as for Aguelles he had shoulder issues after he signed, don't believe that there was anything major with it, he is pitching in South Atlantic league this eason. When a player or players doesn't work out because of injuries or talent the organiztions that didn't sign them, the ones that didn't spend all of that cash you could said made the right decision, so for now you could say that the Red Sox made the right decision, but just for now.

scaffolds
05-15-2011, 08:43 PM
The DPL is reporting that the Giants have signed Dominican LHP Enmaunel De Jesus for a $ 35,000 bonus (I like this signing) De jesus who is 6-1 185 is 17 yrs. Also signing was 20 yrs RHP Roberto Ramirez, also Dominican signed (Padres) for a $50, 000 bonus. This signing was after the show casing in May 7.

scaffolds
05-16-2011, 06:49 PM
A third signing in the DPL after their show casing as the Indians signed Dominican RHP Luis Marte for a $200,000 bonus. Marte 6-3 180 will be 17 yrs next month.

SwissRedSoxFan
05-18-2011, 02:25 AM
First of sorry for taking so long in getting back to you, have been out of town. like you know souting isn't a exact science is based on tools, ceiling and projections and both of thiis pitchers have a lot talents.The Red Sox where very intersted in both of them if the money was right. You are right Ynoa has had a lot of health issues since he signed. I haven't follwed him this year so don't know if he is pitching or not, as for Aguelles he had shoulder issues after he signed, don't believe that there was anything major with it, he is pitching in South Atlantic league this eason. When a player or players doesn't work out because of injuries or talent the organiztions that didn't sign them, the ones that didn't spend all of that cash you could said made the right decision, so for now you could say that the Red Sox made the right decision, but just for now.

Thanks. Ynoa was extremely hyped. But it seems he has been 2 years in XST since then. Arguelles is pitching extremely good in the minors right now. walking nearly nobody and striking out one batter per inning. The farm system of the Royals is ridiculous...Arguelles could be in the majors next year, along with Duffy, Montgomery etc.

Therwil Flyer
05-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks. Ynoa was extremely hyped. But it seems he has been 2 years in XST since then. Arguelles is pitching extremely good in the minors right now. walking nearly nobody and striking out one batter per inning. The farm system of the Royals is ridiculous...Arguelles could be in the majors next year, along with Duffy, Montgomery etc.

Well if you have a top 10 draft pick in 11 of the last 15 drafts (and a top 5 pick in 8 of them), you would kinda expect that. Then again, there's Pittsburgh...

scaffolds
05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
The signing of Dominican second baseman Andres Garcia became official as the Red Sox open the 2011 DSL season with a win Saturday 28 against the Yankees #2 team. Garcia is 5-9 155 a 17 yrs R/R.

There is Talk that the Sox have signed RHPs Jeffrey Fernandez and Leonel Vasquez, but need to confirm that.

scaffolds
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Jeffrey Fenandez and Leonel Vazquez are pitching for the Sox entry in the DSL. Fernadez is a 18 RHP from the Dominican reported 6-3 180 and Vasquez a RHP 6-0 150 20 yrs from Venezuela.

scaffolds
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
With MLB draft come and gone is time to concentrate on the July 2th day. The start of the International signing period (the first phase ends on August 31th) The DPL is holding his last show casing of the year on June 18th (15 days before July 2) its their largest show casing with the emphasis in the International signing period.

scaffolds
06-13-2011, 10:53 AM
LHP Cuban defector Onelkis Garcia was abailable in the first day of the draft (a week ago) before his agent was able to get MLB to get him out of the draft boards. Garcia 6-2 215 will be 22 yrs in a couple month and throws a fastball in the 92-93 area that tops out mid 90's. It has been talk about that Garcia and fellow defector Adonis Garcia (not related) a 25 yrs third baseman will be show casing out of Nicaragua as free agents.

scaffolds
06-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Acouple of pitchers to keep an eye on are Dominican LHP Erik Hurtado 16 yrs 6-4 195 has a fastball in the 92-93 range and RHP Wady Vrolijl a 16 yrs 6-5 205 from Curacao that throw a fastball in the 92-93 range.

scaffolds
06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
July second is about 15 days away and i will have have the final prospects table list before, but for now it looks like this:

Manuel "Masseta" Gonzalez RHP (D)
Victor Sanchez RHP (V)
Mauricio Silva RHP (V)
Jonathan Perez RHP (V)
Jose Luis Mendez RHP (D)
Roberto Osuma RHP (Mex)
Miguel Gonzalez RHP (D)
Juan Martes RHP (D)
Dioscar Romero RHP (D)
Eddy Castro RHP (D)
Sebastian Perez RHP (D)
Junior Flores RHP (V)
Alberto Tirado RHP (D)
Roberto M. Garcia-Quiros RHP (Mex)
Junior Arias RHP (D)
Kevin Sosa RHP (V)
Luis Careno RHP (V)
Robinson Arias RHP (D)
Johnny Charles RHP (D)
Soid Marquez RHP (V)
Carlos Bermudez RHP (Pan) sign elegible in 2012
Reinaldo Robles RHP (V)
Harold Aruz RHP RHP (Pan)
Nadir Crismart RHP (Col)
Ramiro Cortez RHP (Pan)
Julio Arosema RHP (Pan)
Erik Hurtado LHP (D)
Yohander Mendez LHP (V)
Roger Velez LHP (COL)
Havid Burgos LHP (D)
Carlos Rodriguez LHP (V)
Jacobo Constante LHP (D)
Yohander Mendez LHP (V)
Julian Higuera LHP (V)
Jose Ruiz C (V)
Marc Malave C (V)
Derek Capetillo C (V)
Dionis Rodriguez C (D)
Alvaro Noriega C (Col)
Jose Garcia C (V)
Richard Nunez C (D)
Jose Godoy C (V)
Luis Lara C (V)
Pablo Urena C (Pan)Sign elegible in 2012
Roniel Demorizi SS (D)
Yairo Diaz-Munoz SS (D)
Dawel Lugo SS (D)
Ruben Rodriguez SS (D)
Adalberto Mondesi SS (D)
Sammy Vasquez SS (D)
Carlos Beloni SS (D)
Dolfi Paulino SS (D)
Luis Reynoso SS (D)
Warner Franco SS (D)
Angel Ruiz SS (D)
Genao Bolivar SS (D)
Rainer Flores SS (D)
Cesar Gutierrez SS (D)
Jose Martinez SS (D)
Dorssys Paulino SS (D)
Albert Chavez SS (V)
Bill Pujols SS (D)
Arturo Michelana SS (V)
Angel Yente 3B (D)
Joan Urena 3B (D)
Adelen Santa 3B (D)
Miguel Andujar 3B (D)
Ronald Soto 3B (D)
Ricardo Mercano 3B (V)
Johan Herrera 3B (D)
Enrique Flores 3B (D)
Miguel Mercedes 3B (D)
Jimmy Perez 3B (D)
Ronald Gusman OF (D)
Elier Hernandez OF (D)
Hersin Martinez OF (D)
Franmil Reyes OF (D)
Normar Mazara OF (D)
Jesus Gonzalez OF (V)
Anthony Santader OF (V)
Balfi Munoz OF (D)
Wilmer Becera OF (V)
Carlos Valdez OF (D)
Manuel Marcos OF (D)
Jose Leal OF (V)
Harold Ramirez OF (Col)
Junior Santana OF (D)
John Mora OF (D)
Samber Pimentel OF (D)
Jose Rodriguez OF (D)
Elvis Escobar OF (V)
Jeffrey Martinez OF (D)
Amael Gonzalez OF (D)
Ramon Loaiza OF (V)
Alvie James OF (Pan)
Victor Medina OF (V)
Junior Amarante OF (D)
Emanuel Salas OF (D)
Vladimir Almanzar OF (D)
Eduar Pinto OF (V)
Losif Bernal OF (Pan)
Carlos Tocchi OF (V)
Amael Sanchez OF (Pan)
Eddy Sanchez 2B (D)
Jose Jordan 2B (V)
Dennis Hurtatte 1B (Gua)

PS Cubans aren't on this list, D= Dominicans, V=Venezuelans, Mex= Mexicans, Col= Colombians, Pan= Panamanians, Curacao and Guatemala.

scaffolds
06-16-2011, 09:42 AM
There's talk in the International scouting community that the Red Sox are among three organizations to sign Dominican outfielder Ronald Gusman.

scaffolds
06-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Cuban defectors Deinys Suarez, David Remedios and Roberto Arrebatos are latest defectors with heavy interst from ML clubs. Suarez a RHP may be the best Cuban defector in a while, Remedios is a catcher with a lot of tools and Arebatos is a talented LHP. In other news the Cubs signed Cuban defector Frank Del Valle a talented LHP.

scaffolds
06-19-2011, 04:16 PM
In a not directly scouting note the Red Sox signed Dominican outfielder Inoel Aguero last Summer. Aguero 5-10 170 switch hitter 19 yrs (when he signed, turned 20 yrs in December) signing wasn't highly talked about as he isn't a top prospect. Aguero started his profesional carreer in the DSL at the end of May, however Aguero has been a hitting maching in the DSL and after 3 weeks of the DSL season Aguero is leading the league in hitting with 465 batting average in 43 at bats with 3 doubles and a HR a 558 OBP and 4 stolen bases. Its a long way from the DSL and it has only been 3 weeks in the DSL, but Aguero has opened some eyes.

scaffolds
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM
According to sources in the DSL the Red Sox are waiting contracts approval for Dominicans German Taveras and Osvaldo Almenzo and Venezuelan Oscar Rodriguez. Taveras is a 18 yrs RHP 6-2 180. Almenzo is a 18 yrs outfielder R/R 6-2 180 and Rodriguez is a 19 yrs catcher 6-0 180 R/R so that they can join the Red Sox DSL team.

scaffolds
06-25-2011, 07:50 AM
According to sources in the DSL the Red Sox are waiting contracts approval for Dominicans German Taveras and Osvaldo Almenzo and Venezuelan Oscar Rodriguez. Taveras is a 18 yrs RHP 6-2 180. Almenzo is a 18 yrs outfielder R/R 6-2 180 and Rodriguez is a 19 yrs catcher 6-0 180 R/R so that they can join the Red Sox DSL team.

The signing of Taveras is official and he started pitching in the DSL.

scaffolds
06-26-2011, 06:20 PM
The Sox have signed 20 yrs RHP Jonathan Aro. Aro 6-0 172 has been send to the DSL.

Therwil Flyer
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
There's talk in the International scouting community that the Red Sox are among three organizations to sign Dominican outfielder Ronald Gusman.

Can you tell us more about Guzman and Mexican pitcher Roberto Osuna, whom the Red Sox are said to be also interested in.

scaffolds
06-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Osuna is a Stocky 5-11-6-0 about 190 RHP (among the top International P in this signing period) with a live arm, his fastball sits in the low 90's that tops at mid 90's, his breaking pitches has promise, but his main pitch is his fastball. There is a lot talk that the Red Sox have heavy interest in Osuna, however his demanding 7 + figure bonus that could be as much as 2 Millions.

Gusman 6-2- 6-3 about 170a L/L with good tools including good bat speed and power potential, good speed and defense skills, but his bat is his main tool. Its believed that his also asking for a 7 figures bonus.

Its 5 days before the July second day, i will finish with my board before them.

Therwil Flyer
06-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Thanks, great info. What do you think is the ceiling for either player? Are the 7+ figures bonus demands justified?

scaffolds
06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks, great info. What do you think is the ceiling for either player? Are the 7+ figures bonus demands justified?

With the way the market has been the last couple of years someone will pay that kind of money. I like to ad that Gusman and Sox draft pick William Jerez are some what similar players. Jerez has the fall back that he could be a LHP if the hitting doesn't come around and because he isn't a Free Agent like Gusman he would get a smaller bonus to sign, however Jerez is already 19 yrs and Gusman is 16 yrs with perhaps a higher ceiling.

scaffolds
06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
With 3 days before the July second signing day isn't very clear who will be signing with who or on what date, but one thing that is clear is that Guatemalan first baseman Dennis Hurtarte will be signing with the Pirates. Hurtarte is a switch hitter who is stronger from the left side of the plate.

scaffolds
06-30-2011, 06:27 AM
According to Baseball America the Red Sox and the Yankees are finalist to sign 16 yrs Dominican CF Manuel Marcos. Marcos 6-1 180 R/R is very athletic with + + speed has occasional power, but more of gap to gap hitter. In the field Marcos plays + defense and has a solid arm.

scaffolds
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
This is my final board of International baseball prospects for the early phase of International signing. Players from the Dominican, Venezuela, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Curacao and Guatemala. The board contains 110 players (all 16 yrs reportly), 30 RHP, 7 LHP, 30 outfielders, 20 SS, 10 third baseman, 10 catchers 2 second baseman and 1 first baseman. its ranked by position as scouts projects them, by no means this will be the only players signed out of Latin American, there are others wo could had been in the list, but i don't have solid information on them.

The International Prospect board:

Victor Sanchez RHP (V) Signed with Seatle for 2 M +
Roberto Osuna RHP (M)Signed by Toronto
Manuel "Masetta" Gonzalez RHP (D)Signed by the Padres for a $65,000 signing bonus
Jonathan Perez RHP (V)Signed by the Reds for a $825,000 bonus.
Mauricio Silva RHP (V)Signed by thr Twins for $325,000 bonus
Jose Luis Mendez RHP (D)
Miguel Gonzalez RHP (D) Signed by the Twins for 650,000
Juan Martes RHP (D)Signed with Indians for $175,000
Dioscar Romero RHP (D)Signed with the Red Sox for $600,000 signing bonus.
Sebastian Perez RHP (D) signed with the Twins for a $300,000 bonus.
Junior Flores (RHP (V)Signed by the Red Sox
Alberto Tirado (RHP) (D)Signed by Toronto
Antonio Sanzetela RHP (V)signed by Colorado
Eddy Castro (RHP) (D)
Roberto M. Garcia-Quiros RHP (Mex)
Junior Arias RHP (D)
Kevin Sosa (RHP (V)signed by Texas for a$155,000 bonus
Luis Careno RHP (V)signed by the Mets
Robinson Arias RHP (D)
Soid Marquez RHP (V) Signed by the Reds
Carlos Bermudes RHP (Pan)
Reinaldo Robles RHP (V)
Johnny Charles RHP (D)
Harold Aruz RHP (Pan)Signed by the Astros for a $300,000 signing bonus.
Nadir Crismart RHP (Col)Signed by the Mets.
Ramiro Cortez RHP (Pan)
Julio Arosema RHP (Pan)
Erik Hurtado LHP (D)Signed by the Cardinals
Yohander Mendez LHP (V) Signed with Texas 1M
Roger Velez LHP (COL)
Jacobo Constante LHP (D)
Carlos Rodriguez LHP (V)Signed by the Cubs for a $120,000 signing bonus
Havid Burgos LHP (D)Signed by Tampa
Julian Higuera LHP (V)
Jose Ruiz C (V) Signed by the Padres 1.2 M
Marc Malave C (V)Signed with Cubs 1.5 M
Jose Garcia C ((V) signed by the Mets for high 6 figures
Jose Godoy C (V) Signed by the Cardinals for $200,000
Alvaro Noriega C (Col)Signed by the yankees$175,000
Dionis Rodriguez C (D)Signed by the Mets.$185,000 bonus
Richard Nunez C (D)
Derek Capetillo C (V)
Luis Lara C (V)Signed with the Royals mid 5 figures
Pablo Urena C (Pan)
Roniel Demorizi SS (D)Signed with Toronto for $105,000 signing bonus
Yairo Dias-Munoz SS (D)Signed by the A's for a $280,000 bonus
Dawel Lugo SS (D)Signs with Toronto for 1.3M
Ruben Rodriguez SS (D)
Adalberto Mondesi SS (D) Signed with the Royals 2M
Dorsys Paulino SS (D) Signed by the Indians for 1.1M
Sammy Vasquez SS (D)
Luis Reynoso SS (D)Signed with the Astros for $700,000
Warner Franco SS (D)Signed with Colorado for $600,000
Angel Ruiz SS (D)
Genao Bolivar SS (D)
Rainer Flores SS (D)Signed by the Red Sox for a $900,000 bonus
Cesar Gutierrez SS (D)
Jose Martinez SS (D)signed by the Mets.
Jean Carlos Encarnacion SS (D)
Carlos Beloni SS (D)
Albert Chavez SS (V)
Bill Pujols SS (D)
Angelo Castellano SS (V)signed by the Royals.
Arturo Michalena SS (V)Signed with Houston$220,000
Miguel Andujar 3B ((D)Signed with the Yankees for $700,000
Angel Yente 3B (D)Signed by Seatle for $225,000
Adelen Santa 3B (D)Signed by the Tigers $750,000
Ricardo Mercano 3B (V)Signed by the Chicago Cubs.
Joan Urena 3B (D)signed with the Mets for a $425,000 bonus
Ronald Soto 3B (D)
Johan Herrera 3B (D)
Enrique Flores 3B (D)
Miguel Mercedes 3B (D)
Jimmy Perez 3B (D)
Ronald Gusman OF (D)Signed by the Rangers 3.5M
Elier Hernandez OF (D)Signed by the Royals 3M+
Normar Mazara OF (D) Signed by Texas 5M
Hersin Martinez OF (D)signed by Seatle for a $1.1M bonus
Franmil Reyes OF (D)Signed by the padres
Manuel Marcos OF (D)Sign with the Red Sox for $800,000
Jesus Gonzalez OF (V)Signed with Toronto for 1.2M
Anthony Santader OF (V)Signed by the Indians $385,000
Balfi Munoz OF (D)
Harold Ramirez OF (COL)Signed by Pirates 1.05M
Wilmer Becera OF (V) Signed with Toronto for 1.3M
Carlos Tocci OF (V)Signed by the phillies for $759,000 bonus
Carlos Valdez OF (D)Signed with the Giants for $325,000
Junior Santana OF (D)Signed by the Brewers for $110,000
Alvie James OF (Pan)
John Mora OF (D)
Jose Leal OF (V)Signed by Seatle 1.9M
Samber Pimentel OF (D)Signed by Oakland for$160,000 bonus
Jose Rodriguez OF (D)
Elvis Escobar OF (V)Signed by the Pirates for $575,000 bonus
Ramon Loaiza OF (V)
Jeffrey Martinez OF (D)
Amael Gonzalez OF (Pan)
Victor Medina OF (V)
Junior Amarante OF (D)
Emanuel Salas OF (D)
Vladimir Almanzar (D)
Losif Bernal OF (Pan) Signed by the Braves for 230,000
Eduar Pinto OF (V)Signed with Texas for low 6 figures.
Amael Sanchez OF (Pan)
Eddy Sanchez 2B (D)
Jose Jordan) 2B (V)
Dennis Hurtatte 1B (Gua)

scaffolds
06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
I have reported of the heavy interest of the Red Sox about Mexican RHP Roberto Osuma, however the Red Sox where not among the organizations last weekend who saw Osuma throw his final tune-up before the July second signing date.

scaffolds
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
In a note not related to scouting indirectly but very important in player development the Red Sox and Venezuela's Margarita Braves (Of the Venezuelan Winter league) signed a agreement earlier this week that will allow the Sox to have a team on the Paralela (League for rookies) Winter league. The Red Sox have been away from Venezuela for the last few years. the agreement is for two years with options and the Red Sox also will be sending players to the Margarita Club for their regular Winter league. In addition both organizations will be working together in scouting.

Therwil Flyer
07-01-2011, 03:21 AM
This is my final board of International baseball prospects for the early phase of International signing. Players from the Dominican, Venezuela, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Curacao and Guatemala. The board contains 110 players (all 16 yrs reportly), 30 RHP, 7 LHP, 30 outfielders, 20 SS, 10 third baseman, 10 catchers 2 second baseman and 1 first baseman. its ranked by position as scouts projects them, by no means this will be the only players signed out of Latin American, there are others wo could had been in the list, but i don't have solid information on them.

The International Prospect board:

Victor Sanchez RHP (V)
Roberto Osuma RHP (M)
Manuel "Masetta" Gonzalez RHP (D)
Jonathan Perez RHP (V)
Mauricio Silva RHP (V)

Any relation between Franklyn Pimentel and the Sox' Stolmy?

scaffolds
07-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Any relation between Franklyn Pimentel and the Sox' Stolmy?

Sorry, don't know if they are related, Pimentel is a common last name in the Dominican.

scaffolds
07-01-2011, 02:53 PM
BA is reporting that the Red Sox could be a heavy player in Internation signing this Spring, perhaps the top dog in signing International players as has them also attached to Venezuelan RHP Jonatan Perez.

I don't believe that the Sox will sign both Osuma and Perez, more than likely Perez could be a fall back if they don't get Osuma. The same with that I don't belive that they will sign both Roger Gusman and Manuel Marcos, with Marcos being the fall back if they don't sign Gusman, however i could be wrong on this.

As when I posted my International player board i stated that those weren't the only players that where going to sign this Summer, but didn't have solid information on some of them. Baseball America is listing them.

Catcher: Eric Otanes (D)Signed by Tampa

Short Stop: Luis Enrique Acosta (D)Signed by the Cubs 1.1M
Gustavo Perinan (Colombia)
Raul Garcia (Colombia)

Third Base: Victor Rey (D)signed by the yankees for$135,000 bonus
Mitchel Martes (Aruba)signed by Oakland for $50,000 bonus

Outfielders: Jorge Heredia (D)
Jariel Vargas (D)
Eric Gabo (D)
Francisco Miguel (D)-Signed bythe Indians$200,000
Victor Medina (V)
Omar Sanchez (V)Signed by the Indians

Left handed pitchers: Edgar Pineda (V)Signed by the Indians
Dewin Perez (Colombia)Signed by the Cardinals$450,000

Right handed pitchers: Manuel Cordova (V)Signed by Toronto.
Jesus Jones (D)Signed by the Braves
Jery Thin (D)
Francis Jesus (D)

July second is only hours away so let start signing this players and follow the signing on this boards.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 06:30 AM
The talk in the scouting industry is that the Red Sox, A's Rangers and Mets are finalist for Dominican outfielder Nomar Mazara who has + + power, which means they may be out for the running of Guzman and perhaps even Marcos, however Mazara maybe demanding a bonus higher than what Elier Hernandez (not official 3+ Milllion) got from the Royals

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Rumours are that Seatle signed Dominican outfielder Helsin Martinez and Venezuelan outfielder Jose leal both for 2M each, if true thats way too much for Leal. Also that the Padres signed Venezuelan catcher Jose Ruiz (for 1.2 M) and that the Tigers signed Dominican third baseman Adelin Santa for $750,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Talk in the scouting industry is that the Red Sox, A's Rangers and Mets are finalist for Dominican outfielder Nomar Mazara who has + + power, which means they may be out for the running of Guzman and perhaps even Marcos, however Mazara maybe demanding a bonus higher than what Elier Hernandez (not official 3+ Milllion) got from the Royals

Reports out of the Dominican are that the Rangers signed Dominican Nomar Mazara for a Latin record bonus of 5 Millions dollars, breaking the bonus of 4.25 M given to pitcher Michael Ynoa by the A's.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
BA is reporting that the Pirates signed Colombian outfielder Harold Ramirez for 1.05M bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Reports out of the Dominican are that the Texas Rangers are closo to sign Dominican out Ronald Guzman after signing also Dominican outfielder Nomar Mazara for a Latin American bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Reports out of the Dominican are that the Texas Rangers are closo to sign Dominican out Ronald Guzman after signing also Dominican outfielder Nomar Mazara for a Latin American bonus.

Texas signed Dominican outfielder Ronald Guzman for a 3 + M bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 11:17 AM
The Minesota Twins are signing Dominican RHP Miguel Gonzalez for a $650,000 bonus. Oh by the way the the Rangers also signed RHP Pedro Payano (don't know much about him) for about 1/2 M bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Chicago Cubs signs Dominican SS Enrique Acosta for 1.1 M bonus. Acosta one of the better bats in this class projects as a third baseman.

The Texas Rangers has been very aggresive and have signed 3 plyers for close to 9 M.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Want to share a question that i have been ask by Email. The question is if Red Sox should be worry that the Sox didn't sign Roger Guzman? The answer is NO. Like i posted a day or two ago Guzman and the Sox's second round selection William Jerez are very similar type of players, I didn't expect Boston to sign both and Jerez will come a lot less expensive than Guzman did. The only down side of Jerez compare to Guzman is that he is 3 years older. If the Red Sox can sign Manuel Marcos or even Venezuelan Wilmer Becerra who along Harold Ramirez are the top CF on this class the other outfielders signed are corner outfielders the Sox will be fine. I like Marcos above the other 2 players, even like him better than Jackie Bradley who the Red Sox took in the sandwich rd in this pass draft, even if Marco isn't as polish as Bradley is, but he is a lot healthier and ofcourse 5 years younger. The issue about signing Marcos is that the Yankees are also in the picture and with the way this market has been Marcos could be very expensive.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 03:05 PM
BA is reporting that the Indians have signed Dominican SS Dorssys Paulino for 1.1M, That that Mets have signed Venezuelan catcher Jose Garcia for high six figure bonus and that the Cardinals have signed Venezuelan catcher Jose Godoy for $200,000 and Colombian LHP Dewin Perez for $450,000. The talk in the Latin American scouting community is that Perez could be the surprise of this class.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 03:23 PM
There is Talk in the Latin American scouting community (NOT OFFICIAL) that the Cubs have signed Venezuelan catcher Marck Malave and that Venezuela's top RHP Victor Sanchez prospect (perhaps the top pitcher on this class) have signed with Seatle for 2 + M bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM
There is Talk in the Latin American scouting community (NOT OFFICIAL) that the Cubs have signed Venezuelan catcher Marck Malave and that Venezuela's top RHP Victor Sanchez prospect (perhaps the top pitcher on this class) have signed with Seatle for 2 + M bonus.

Victor Sanchez signing is official

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 03:55 PM
The Rangers keep spending $ signing Venezuelan LHP Yohander Mendez for a 1M bonus and Venezuelan outfielder Eduar Pinto for low six figure bonus, while the Royals have signed Venezuelan catcher Luis Lara for mid 5 figures bonus.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Toronto have signed Venezuelans outfielders Jesus Gonzalez for high six figure bonus and also fellow Venezuelan outfielder Wilmer Becera. Becera bonus figure isn't know at the present.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Malave signing is official.

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Toronto have signed Venezuelans outfielders Jesus Gonzalez for high six figure bonus and also fellow Venezuelan outfielder Wilmer Becera. Becera bonus figure isn't know at the present.

Toronto also sign fellow Venezuelans Rhp Manuel Cordova and SS Arturo Michelana

scaffolds
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Baseball America is reporting that the Braves have signed Panamaian outfielder Losif Bermal for a $230,000 bonus and that the Indians have signed Dominican outfielder Francisco Miguel for a $200,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Reports out of Venezuela this morning are that the Red Sox are finalist for Venezuelan RHP Antonio Zenzatela among the Tigers and the Mets. Its belive that the Tigers has an offer of $800,000 on the table.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 09:41 AM
The Mariners are reporting that they did not sign Dominican outfielder Hersin Martinez as it was reported before, so lets see what happens with that one.

Some bonus corrections Venezuelan catcher Marck Malave signed for 1.5M with the Cubs and Venezuelans outfielderWilmer Becerra signed for 1.3M, Jesus Gonzalez for 1.2 M both with the Blue Jays. Becera is a SS who projects as a CF, however the Blue Jays are planning to play him as a SS for now.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 11:03 AM
There is a group of players who will turn 17 yrs (instead of the 16 yrs who has been signing) around July second or latter who will be interesting who will they sign with.

Aneury Dilone RHP
Nolberto Rondon RHP
Juan Alcantara RHP
Miguel Angel Diaz RHP
Rafael Uribe RHP
Juan Pimentel LHP
Luis Rosado LHP
Dioris Paulino SS
Galvin Moscat SS
Luis hernandez OF
Eric Valdez OF
Luis Pimentel C

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 12:01 PM
BA is reporting that the Pirates have signed Venezuelan outfielder Elvis Escobar for a $575,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 12:20 PM
According to sources from the Dominican outfielder Manuel Marcos is expected to be signing with the Red Sox for a $900,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 12:55 PM
According to scouts from the Dominican the Blue Jays will sign today Dominican SS Darwell Lugo for a 1.3M bonus.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
According to BA the Indians have signed Venezuelan outfielder Anthony Santader for a $385,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Toronto also sign fellow Venezuelans Rhp Manuel Cordova and SS Arturo Michelana

Correction it was the Houston Astros not Toronto who signed Arturo Michelena for a $220,000 bonus.

AZBlue
07-03-2011, 08:56 PM
"Manuel Marcos OF (D)Sign with the Red Sox for $900,000."

What can you tell us about Marcos, Scaff?

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
According to multile sources the Red Sox have come to contract agreement with 6 International prospects including Manuel Marcos as the top prize,however needs to verify the information

scaffolds
07-03-2011, 09:08 PM
"Manuel Marcos OF (D)Sign with the Red Sox for $900,000."

What can you tell us about Marcos, Scaff?

6-1-165 R/R very good athlete, with + + speed, his bat has a lot of potential, for now has gap power, + CF skills, very good range range and above average arm for a CF, without a doubt has 5 tools potential. Like i posted earlier in my openion the top CF prospect in this class. If in fact Marcos was signed for 900,000 and with the way this market has turn out to be its a outstanding sign. Specially with Jose Leal signing for 1.9, Wilmer Becerra and Jesus Gonzalez signing for 1.2-1.3 M and also Harold Ramirez signing for 1M +.

Therwil Flyer
07-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Texas signed Dominican outfielder Ronald Guzman for a 3 + M bonus.

So Texas signed both Mazara and Guzman for a combined 8+ million. Wow!

SwissRedSoxFan
07-04-2011, 07:49 AM
So Texas signed both Mazara and Guzman for a combined 8+ million. Wow!

That's what I thought. The Red Sox were clearly more conservative this time...

scaffolds
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
The Red Sox are interested in a couple of Dominican pitchers that aren't on my big board, 16 yrs RHP Huascar Polanco with a 89-91 fastball and 17 yrs LHP Luis Rodriguez with a fastball around 90 a good curveball and a slider.

Dominican outfielder Franmil Reyes won't turn 16 yrs until July 7th, SS Ronniel Demorizi until July 19th, SS Adalberto Mondesi July 27th, RHP Manuel Gonzalez in Agust first and Venezuelan outfielder Carlos Tocci also in August, non of the can sign until they are 16 yrs. The early phase of International player signing ends in August 31 expect the signings to slow down for the next few days.

scaffolds
07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Baseball America is reporting that the Yankess have signed Dominican third baseman Miguel Andujar for $700,000 bonus and that Dominican SS Luis Reynoso signed with the Houston Astros also for 700,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-04-2011, 02:32 PM
As per different sources it seems like Manuel Marcos signing bonus with the REd Sox is for $800,000 instead of the 900,000 reported. In other news Dominican outfielder Carlos Valdez signed with Giants for $325,000 bonus.

scaffolds
07-04-2011, 05:48 PM
In a note not related to scouting indirectly but very important in player development the Red Sox and Venezuela's Margarita Braves (Of the Venezuelan Winter league) signed a agreement earlier this week that will allow the Sox to have a team on the Paralela (League for rookies) Winter league. The Red Sox have been away from Venezuela for the last few years. the agreement is for two years with options and the Red Sox also will be sending players to the Margarita Club for their regular Winter league. In addition both organizations will be working together in scouting.

It seems like i have been miss quoted (as i have read in a couple other web sites) the Red Sox ARE NOT GOING BACK TO THE VSL (Venezuelan Summer League) they are going back to the Venezuelan PARALELA league, which is Venezuela Fall League for rookies, in addition the Red Sox will be sending players to the regular Venezuelan WINTER league club Margarita.

scaffolds
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Atlanta Braves signed Dominican RHP Jesus Jones, in addition they signed Fellow Domincan Jesus Heredia and Venezuelans Victor Monasterio SS, Victor Reyes OF, Francisco Gonzalez RHP and Nelson Leon LHP. Only Jones made my big board.

scaffolds
07-05-2011, 05:43 PM
There is a group of players who will turn 17 yrs (instead of the 16 yrs who has been signing) around July second or latter who will be interesting who will they sign with.

Aneury Dilone RHP
Nolberto Rondon RHP
Juan Alcantara RHP
Miguel Angel Diaz RHP
Rafael Uribe RHP
Juan Pimentel LHP
Luis Rosado LHP
Dioris Paulino SS
Galvin Moscat SS
Luis hernandez OF
Eric Valdez OF
Luis Pimentel C

Carlos (Eric) Valdez signed with the Giants.

scaffolds
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Dominican RHP Juan Martes signed with the Indians for a $175,000 signing bonus.

scaffolds
07-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Dominican SS Warner Franco signed by Colorado Rockies for a $600,000 signing bonus.

scaffolds
07-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I have been asked by email about a 6 6" RHP out of Panama by the name of Wilson Javier Cordova who also happens to be Mariano Rivera nephew, but don't know much about him will try to get some information on him.

scaffolds
07-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Baseball America is reporting that Dominican catcher Eric Otanes has signed with Tampa.

scaffolds
07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
The Cubs has signed one of the better hitters in this class in Venezuelan third baseman Ricardo Mercado. Mercado projects as a corner outfielder.

scaffolds
07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Venezuelan SS Angelo Castellanos signs with Kansas City Royals.

scaffolds
07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
BA is reporting that the Indians have signed Venezuelans LHP Edgar Pineda and outfielder Omar Sanchez.

scaffolds
07-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Dominican power hitting outfielder Franmil Reyes is elegible to sign a profesional baseball contract starting today.

scaffolds
07-08-2011, 06:36 AM
According to Venezuelans scouts Boston had heavy interest and was finalist for Venezuelan RHP Manuel Cordova but was out bid and signed by Toronto.

scaffolds
07-08-2011, 07:18 PM
ESPN deportes is reporting that the Red Sox reached a agreement Friday with Dominican SS Raimel Flores for a $900,0000 signing bonus.

scaffolds
07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
ESPN deportes is reporting that the Red Sox reached a agreement Friday with Dominican SS Raimel Flores for a $900,0000 signing bonus.

Flores is 5' 8"- 5' 9" 150-155 a true SS, one of the few top rated SS who projects as a SS as a profesional with + hands, range and arm, a above average runner, a switch hitter contact oriented hitter, but spays line drives to all field,without much power, however needs to get stronger to be able to handle profesional pitching.

scaffolds
07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Weei is reporting tonight that the RED Sox have come to agreement with Dominican RHP Dioscar Romero for a $600,000 signing bonus.

scaffolds
07-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Weei is reporting tonight that the RED Sox have come to agreement with Dominican RHP Dioscar Romero for a $600,000 signing bonus.

Romero is 6' 2"- 6' 3" 180-190(thick lower half) with a high 80's fastball (at the present) that tops out at 91 a good curveball and a feel for a change up.

scaffolds
07-09-2011, 08:00 AM

Romero was a member of a DPL All Star team that traveled to Florida this Spring training and played a game against a Red Sox rookie team in Ft Myers in front of Sox's GM Theo Epstein, but i am not sure if Romero pitched in that game.

scaffolds
07-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Dominican power hitting outfielder Franmil Reyes is elegible to sign a profesional baseball contract starting today.

I have been asked by email if the Red Sox would have interest in Reyes. My answer is that i don't believe that they do, they love his + + raw power, however they don't like his lack of consistency in making contact with the ball, has some holes on his swing, in addition his prize tag is believed to be high.

scaffolds
07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
According to different sources Seatle has signed Nicaraguan RHP Hector Hidalgo from a baseball academy run by former Ml pitcher Dennis Martinez.

Richard
07-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Is Reynaldo Rodriguez considerecd a serious prospect by th Red Sox? I like these stories. A Colombian kid signed by the Yanks then released from the DSL. He played in the Colombian League and then the Golden Baseball League and named it's top prospect by BA. He was signed by the Sox and is hitting well in AA with some power. He is listed as a DH so that is a negative.

scaffolds
07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Is Reynaldo Rodriguez considerecd a serious prospect by th Red Sox? I like these stories. A Colombian kid signed by the Yanks then released from the DSL. He played in the Colombian League and then the Golden Baseball League and named it's top prospect by BA. He was signed by the Sox and is hitting well in AA with some power. He is listed as a DH so that is a negative.

Yes Rodriguez is still a prospect, he is down side is that he is 25 yrs, but he is having a good year between Salem/ Portland hitting with more power than any other season before,very likely he will play at Pawtucket in 2012. Don't know where you about the DH because he plays a good first base and is athletic enough that he could play the outfield

scaffolds
07-10-2011, 06:17 AM
This International signing period has been heavy in signing positions players, with Victor Sanchez, Miguel Gonzalez, Manuel Cordova, Yohander Mendez and Dioscar Flores being the top pitchers signed.

scaffolds
07-11-2011, 03:05 PM
In a non scouting or signing note, but Latin related Venezuelan LHP Ricardo Betancourt was named DSL pitcher of the month for June. Betancourt 18 yrs is pitching in his second season in the DSL mainly out of the pen where he has a 5-0 record in 20 innins pitched and has allowed 16 H 2 bases on balls 16 K's and 4 earned runs.

scaffolds
07-11-2011, 05:05 PM
This International signing period has been heavy in signing positions players, with Victor Sanchez, Miguel Gonzalez, Manuel Cordova, Yohander Mendez and Dioscar Flores being the top pitchers signed.

So lets see who is left on the board as far as pitchers are;

From Mexico the big fish is Roberto Osuna, but also there is Roberto M. Garcia-Quiros. Garcia-Quiros has a loose arm and his fastball touches 90 (presently) projects to throw harder in the furure.

From Panama; Harold Aruz is 6-4 175 and his fast ball presently sits 86-88 but again projects to throw harder in the future.

From Curacao; Wadly Vrolejk is 6-5 205 as unkown until early this year has a fastball in the 92-93 range.

From Venezuela: Mauricio Silva is 6-2 190 and won't turn 16 yrs until July 24 has the best arm in Venezuela (after Victor Sanchez) a lively arm in te low 90's that touches 93 with heavy sink, a power curveball at times and his change up its a bit behind the other two pitches, there are scouts that like him better than they did Sanchez.

Antonio Senzatela is 6-1 175 with a loose arm his fastball is in the high 80's- low 90's topping out at 93, a good curveball and his change up a work in progress, a strike thrower. Its believe that the Tigers has an offer of $800,000 sitting on the table.

Jonathan Perez is 6-4 175 is very projectable his fastball lately has been sitting at 88-89 topping out at 90 up from 85-86 at the begining of the year and projects to throw harder in the future, his change up and curveball needs some work. The Red Sox had a lot interest early on don't know if that interest remain.

Soid Marquez 6-2 170 very polished, but not as projectable and his fastball sits at 87-88 and his change up and curveball are the best on this class, the ball comes very well of his hand and has very good command.

Junior Flores a cousin of the Red Sox's Franklin Morales, has a fastball in the 88-90 range and a good slider, but his command needs work.

From the Dominican; Manuel "Mazeta" (The Hammer) Gonzalez 6-4 205 (has the pro type pitcher's build) was the top pitching International pitching prospect coming into this year, but his velocity has been inconsistent, has touched 93-94 from 3/4 arm slott angle, has shown a feell for a curveball, but his change up needs some sink. reportly his handlers are going to take his time and not rush in having Gonzlaez sign a profesional contract.

Gialy Arias is about 6-2 170 his fastball touches 92, buty his off speed pitches needs some work.

Jose Luis Mendez 6-5 195 also hasn't developed as expected but has a very good arm with a lot potential.

Franklyn Pimentel 6-4 200 can hold his 88--92 fastball deep into games

Sebastian Perez 6-2 170 Like Venezuelan Soid Marquez is very polished, can throw 4 pitches.

scaffolds
07-12-2011, 12:01 PM
So lets see who is left on the board as far as pitchers are;

From Mexico the big fish is Roberto Osuna, but also there is Roberto M. Garcia-Quiros. Garcia-Quiros has a loose arm and his fastball touches 90 (presently) projects to throw harder in the furure.

From Panama; Harold Aruz is 6-4 175 and his fast ball presently sits 86-88 but again projects to throw harder in the future.

From Curacao; Wadly Vrolejk is 6-5 205 as unkown until early this year has a fastball in the 92-93 range.

From Venezuela: Mauricio Silva is 6-2 190 and won't turn 16 yrs until July 24 has the best arm in Venezuela (after Victor Sanchez) a lively arm in te low 90's that touches 93 with heavy sink, a power curveball at times and his change up its a bit behind the other two pitches, there are scouts that like him better than they did Sanchez.

Antonio Senzatela is 6-1 175 with a loose arm his fastball is in the high 80's- low 90's topping out at 93, a good curveball and his change up a work in progress, a strike thrower. Its believe that the Tigers has an offer of $800,000 sitting on the table.

Jonathan Perez is 6-4 175 is very projectable his fastball lately has been sitting at 88-89 topping out at 90 up from 85-86 at the begining of the year and projects to throw harder in the future, his change up and curveball needs some work. The Red Sox had a lot interest early on don't know if that interest remain.

Soid Marquez 6-2 170 very polished, but not as projectable and his fastball sits at 87-88 and his change up and curveball are the best on this class, the ball comes very well of his hand and has very good command.

Junior Flores a cousin of the Red Sox's Franklin Morales, has a fastball in the 88-90 range and a good slider, but his command needs work.

From the Dominican; Manuel "Mazeta" (The Hammer) Gonzalez 6-4 205 (has the pro type pitcher's build) was the top pitching International pitching prospect coming into this year, but his velocity has been inconsistent, has touched 93-94 from 3/4 arm slott angle, has shown a feell for a curveball, but his change up needs some sink. reportly his handlers are going to take his time and not rush in having Gonzlaez sign a profesional contract.

Gialy Arias is about 6-2 170 his fastball touches 92, buty his off speed pitches needs some work.

Jose Luis Mendez 6-5 195 also hasn't developed as expected but has a very good arm with a lot potential.

Franklyn Pimentel 6-4 200 can hold his 88--92 fastball deep into games

Sebastian Perez 6-2 170 Like Venezuelan Soid Marquez is very polished, can throw 4 pitches.

Ofcourse the Red Sox are going to sign more RHP, The question is Who? Well it all depend what they game plan is, if the plan is for a big ticket it would be Osuna or Silve (who by the way i like as much as i like Osuna or even Sanchez) If the plan isn't to go for a big fish,them the more like choice will be Perez for a Romero type of a bonus and perhaps someone like Junior Flores for half the bonus size of that.

Laft handed pitching there isn't as much depth or even quality, Dominican Erik Hurtado has very good size (6-4 195) his fastball is usually 86-88 and has touched 93, but he's raw. Venezuelans Carlos Rodriguez fastball sits 86-87 topping out at 89, his curveball has promise and has good control, while Juliandry Higuera fastball usually sits 84-85, has a good change up, but his curveball is below average.

PS Another Dominican RHP to pay close attention to is Alberto Tirado 6-1 175.

Therwil Flyer
07-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Scaff, thanks for keeping us up to date about the development in the international market and providing us with all these scouting reports. This is great!

scaffolds
07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Scaff, thanks for keeping us up to date about the development in the international market and providing us with all these scouting reports. This is great!

My pleasure, by the way Manuel Marcos is going to start his Red Sox carreer playing in the Florida instructional league that starts in mid September and runs threw the first couple weeks of October. He will be in Spring traing in Ft Myers along with Raimel Flores and Dioscar (yes Dioscar its his first name which means God in Spanish) and not like Deoscar Romero like i have read in some other sites. At this time don't know for sure if Flores and Romero will be in the instructional league team, but all 3 of them should play at the GCL in 2012.

scaffolds
07-14-2011, 03:09 PM
The DPL is reporting that Panamanian RHP Harold Aruz has signed with the Houston Astros for a $300,000 signing bonus.

PS There's talk in the International scouting community that Mexican RHP Roberto Osuna will be signing very soon with Toronto.

scaffolds
07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Reports out of Venezuela are that Colorado have signed Venezuelan RHP Antonio Senzatela

scaffolds
07-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Well Jonathan Perez isn't going to sign with the Red Sox. Reports out of Venezuela Cincinaty Reds signed Perez for a $825,000.

Therwil Flyer
07-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Any news on Osuna and Silva? Are the Red Sox still in on them?

scaffolds
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM

I don't believe that the Sox are on Osuna, Toronto is the team to beat and i believe that they will sign Osuna. As per Silva, which i like better than Osuna, its possible that he may have price himself out of what the Red Sox would like to spend.

scaffolds
07-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Venezuela's second group of RHP consists:

Luis Careno; Won't be 16 yrs until August 12 (can't sign until that date) is 6-0 170 with a fastball that sits at 87-88 with good command and advanced change up and curveball for his age and has + pitch ability and poise.

Kevin Sosa; Sosa is 6-0 and his fastball sits at 87-88 which he throws from high 3/4 arm slot and has a good down hill plane on it, a loose quick arm, but needs to polish his mechanics and control.

Reinaldo Robles; Robles fastball sits 86-87, has a very good curveball, but his change up needs work.

scaffolds
07-21-2011, 09:03 AM

I understand that Osuna will sign with Toronto and it will take place around a week with Osuna getting a bonus from Toronto around 3M.

scaffolds
07-21-2011, 09:29 AM
When it comes about Dominican RH pitchers I have talked about Manuel Gonzalez (who might not sign in the primary phase) Jose Luis Mendez, Sebastian Perez, Franklyn Pimentel (who will turn 17 yrs in Agust 12th) and Alberto Tirado who i am hearing that he has signed but haven't been able to find out with who.

Dominicans Eddy Castro and Huascar Polanco are very interesting pitching prospects with a fastball in the 89-91 range, Francis Jesus has a high 80's fastball and his change up and curveball has promise and Johnny Charles had a lot hype early in the year, but I don't believe that he will sign in the early phase of the signing period. Nolberto Rondon 6-2 165, Miguel Angel Diaz 6-0 160, Rafael Uribe 6-3 190 and Juan Alcantara 6-3 190 (will turn 17 yrs in a few days) are in the next group of Dominican right handed pitchers.

scaffolds
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Panamanians RHP Carlos Bermudez and Ramiro Cortez aren't as well known as Harold Arauz was, but that was probably because Arauz send some time in the DPL, but both Bermudez and Cortez while raw have a lot of projection as Bermudez 6-8 174 throws a fastball in the mid 80's and Cortez 6-5 174 fastball is in the low 80's. Also Panamanian RHP Julio Arsonema 6-1 170 throws harder presently as his fastball hits 87, but doesn't have the projection that Bermudez or Cortez does.

scaffolds
07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
The Red Sox signed Colombian RHPs Sergio Gomez (2009) and Edwin Osorio (2010) and have signed other Colombian pitchers before. Nadir Crismart (RHP) and Roger Velez (LHP) are the top Colombian pitchers in this class, both had some hype early in this year, but it has cooled off and more than likely they won't sign in the early phase of the signing period.

scaffolds
07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Reports out of the Dominican the Royals are heavy after Raul Mondesi's son SS Adalberto, the yankees are also on the picture the Sox aren't.

scaffolds
07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I left out the name of Jery Then when talking about the second tier of Dominican RHP, but Then who is 6-2 has a high 80's fastball, but stands out for his mound presence and feel for pitching.

scaffolds
07-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Reports out of the Dominican the Royals are heavy after Raul Mondesi's son SS Adalberto, the yankees are also on the picture the Sox aren't.

Baseball America is reporting that Mandesi signed with the Royals for 2M bonus.

scaffolds
07-27-2011, 04:08 PM
The second tier of International catchers are:

Richard Nunez (D)
Derek Capetillo (V)
Dionis Rodriguez (D)
Alvaro Noriega (COL)
Pablo Urena (Pan)

Nunez; Contact hitter with a short swing, drivers the ball well to all fields and has gap power, a solid defender.Capetillo; yet to turn 16 yrs, has good size can hit with good power and a above average arm. Rodriguez good size (6-0 195) good catching skills, hi bat isn't as advanced. Noriega a Colombian with good size (6-1 183) who moved to the Domican with a good of players last Fall to play in the DPL. Urena; Small (6-0 154) has a strong arm, with a reported 1.90 pop up time.

scaffolds
07-29-2011, 06:30 PM
The Ss who are left on the big board is headed by Dominican Ronniel Demorisi, follow by Yairo Diaz-Munoz and Sammy Vasquez(all dominicans)

The second group of SS are also all Dominicans; Reuben Rodriguez, Angel Ruiz, Genao Bolivar and Cesar Gutierrez.

The third group are headed by Colombians Gustavo Periman and Raul Garcia, Dominicans Juan Carlos Encarnacion and Billy Pujols and Carlos Belloni and Venezuelan Albert Chavez.

Demorizi is fluid with solid range, at the plate has good bat speed from both sides of the plate.
Diaz-Munoz;6-0 168 a 6.7/60 runner, contact hitter from gap tp gap, good hands, + arm.
Vasquez; 5-10 158 switch hitter makes good contact with the ball and has some pop, very good hands and range.
Rodriguez; had a lot of hype early in the year, but it has quiet it down.
Ruiz; very good talent
Garcia; solid all around tools, good body control and instincts.
Perinan; 6-1 180 LH bat its best tool, a flat swing with gap power to all fields, not a SS as a pro.
Beloni; Good speed with gap power.
Pujols; non of his tools stands out, but solid accross the board.
Chavez; Hands and arm are above average, a 6-8-6.9 runner, contact hitter to all fields.

scaffolds
07-30-2011, 09:15 AM
As for third base prospects Dominicans Angel Yente, Joan Urena, Ronald Soto, Johan Herrera and Enrique Flores are still in the big board.

The second group of third base prospects is headed by Dominicans Victor Rey, Miguel Mercedes and Jimmy Perez, along Arubian Mitchel Martes.

Yente; 6-1 170 R/R athletic, former SS with solid arm strength, makes good hard contact from gap to gap.
Urena; 6-1 185 switch hitter, a good hitter with power potential, has good speed, play good D, strong arm.
Herrera; 6-2 180 switch hitter, can hit from both sides of the plate.
Flores; 6-1 180 is a SS who will play 3B as a pro, has a quick bat, ball jumps out of his bat.
Soto; Has very good size with power potential.
Rey; 6-2 175 has a line drive swing, present gap power, has a history of hitting well.
Martes; 6-4 has good foot work, solid arm, but is raw as a hitter.
Mercedes; 6-3 190 a right hitter with power potential.
Perez; 6-2 180 R/R non of his tools stands out, but are solid.

scaffolds
08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
The outfield board has some top names in it headed by Dominicans Hersin Martinez and Franmil Reyes, also fellow Dominicans Balfi Munoz, John Mora, Jose Rodriguez and Samber Pimentel, Venezuelans Carlos Tocci and Ramon Loaiza in addition to Panamanian Alvie James.

Dominicans Jeffrey Martinez and Francisco Miguel heads the second group of outfield prospects in addition to fellow Dominicans Enmanuel Salas, Vladimir Almanzar, Junior Amarante, Jariel Vargas, Jorge Heredia and Junior Santana, Venezuelans Victor Medina, Omar Sanchez and Jose Godoy, in addition to Panamanian Amael Gonzalez.

scaffolds
08-09-2011, 07:42 PM
The DPL is reporting that the Mets have signed Colombian RHP Nadir Crismart and Dominican catcher Dionis Rodriguez. Crismart 6-1 190 thros a fastball in the 86-88 range, Rodriguez 6-0 190 has good catching skills with some power projection.

The Mets also signed 17 yrs Dominican RHP Jesus Lugo (not in my big board) Lugo 6-1 175 is a former SS that throws a fastball in the 88-90 range.

scaffolds
08-10-2011, 08:05 PM
The DPL is reporting that Tampa has signed Dominican LHP Havid Burgos. Burgos 6-1 190 throws a fastball in the high 80's.

scaffolds
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
The Red Sox DSL entry after a hot start has slump in the second half and its in a 7 games loosing streak coming into the final game (today Saturday 8/20) of the DSL regular season. The Red Sox will finish in fourth place of its division with a record of 37-33.

scaffolds
08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
In a non scouting or international signing note, but about Red Sox international prospects. Most prospects followers (at least Sox prospect follower) knows about Stolmy Pimentel, but he isn't the only Latin RH starting pitching prospect to follow as there's a group of talented group headed by Raul Alcantara, Miguel Celestino, Mario Alcantara (not related to Raul) Edwar Garcia, Dioscar Romero (All Dominicans) Venezuelan Luis Diaz and Colombian Sergio Gomez.

Celestino is the oldest of the group as he will be 22 yrs in October but he is the most advanced and with the best size about 6-6 200. Celestino who is holding his own in South Atlantic league with a fastball that touches 95-96. Raul who is 18 yrs is perhaps the most talented of the group was outstanding in the GCL in his first year pitching in the States, his fastball has jumped to 93-94 this year. Mario is also 18 yrs (actually younger than Raul by a couple of weeks) also has pitched in the States for the first time in 2011 at the GCL with a low 90's fastball, but its very projectable.Diaz is the most physically developed of the group at 6-3 215 and like the Alcantara's is pitching for the first time in the States, but unlike them he skiped the GCL and has taken his 93-94 fastball to Lowell where the 19 yrs Venezuelan has been perhaps tha ace of the staff. Gomez is the Sox's youngest player (the one's who has played in the Sates) as he won't be 18 yrs until the end of August, but the very projectable Colombian (6-3 165) with a low 90's fastball has pitched in the GCL for the last 2 seasons. Garcia was the top pitcher and top (non Cuban) international signee in 2010. The 17 yrs Garcia with also a low 90 fastball (also very projectable) 6-4 175 was the top pitcher for the Sox's DSL aquad. The 16 yrs Romero who also throws a low 90 fastball was signed by the Red Sox in July for $600,000 and with Garcia will pitch in the GCL in 2012.

scaffolds
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM
The Red Sox DSL entry beat the Mets 7-4 to break a seven game loosing streak in the regular season finale to finish with a 38-33 record in 4th place of its divisin 8.5 games behind division winner Royals.

Dominican outfielder Yonel Aguero led the Sox in hitting with a 303 batting average. Aguero 5-10 170 switch hitter who isn't a top prospect and will be 21 yrs in December also tied for the team lead (with Venezuelan Denier Lopez) with 14 extra base hits including 11 doubles (best on the squad) 2 tripples and 1 HR, also led the team with 27 stolen bases (was caught only 3 times) and in outfield assist with 7 (Panamanian outfielder Antony Amaya had 6) Jair Bogaerts (Xander's twin brother) was second. Bogaerts a first baseman hit for a 288 average 8 doubles, 2 tripples and 2 HR (which tied for best on the squad with Venezuelans Alixon Suarez and Cleulis Rondon) Garcia a second baseman/SS led the squad with 34 RBI and was second in stolen bases with 17 of them (in 23 tries) Rondon stole 14 in 15 tries, but Venezuelan second baseman Andres Garcia was caught stealing 16 tries in 27 tries. Garcia led the team in Games played with 69, in at bats with 256 in receiving bases on balls with 68 ( Aneudis Peralta was second with 51) Garcia struck out 42 times, Rondon had the most strike out on the team with 50 and tied Peralta in errors with 24. Suares had the most pass balls with 8 follwed by David Sopilka with 5.

Dominican LHP Pedro Reyes led the team with 14 starts, in innings pitched 68 2/3 (followed by also Dominican Sully Bonnelly with 61 1/3) and in strike outs with 55 (followed by also Dominican Carlos Pinales with 46) had 13 bases on balls (fourth among pitchers who threw at least 47 IP) and a 2.88 ERA ( 6th on the team among pitcher with at least 40 IP) Venezuelan LHP Ricardo Betancourt led the team with 7 wins (Reyes was second with 5) and his 2.22 ERA was third best on the team) Venezuelan RHP led the tean in ERA 2.02 (Dominican RHP Carlos Pinales was second with 2.06) in saves with 6 (Pinales was second with 4) in games pitched 21, in 49 IP second on the team allowed 6 bases on balls Dominican RHP Jonathan Aro was first with 4 allowed, Pinales third with 7) Bonnelly allowed the most HR with 5 in 61 1/3 IP (Jimenez and Venezuelan RHP allowed 3) Dominican Oscar Melendez alowed the most hits with 63 in 53 1/3 ip followed by Reyes with 56 of them.

As far as hitters Aguero, Bogaerts and Sopilka a 17 yrs Venezuelan catcher who hit for a 260 average with 10 doubles,1 tripple and 1 HR (in 192 AB/53G) and pitchers Reyes, Bonelly, Jimenez, Edwar Garcia 2.68 ERA in 47 Ip 39 H 0 HR (only pitcher on the squad with more than 13 IP pitched) 29 BB (third most to Bonnelly 36 and Espitia 30) Betancourt and Pinales should be playing at the GCL in 2012.

PS It seems like Red Sox first player who they sign out of Brazil Iago Januario has been a bust. Januario signed in 2009 for $150,000 signing bonus (in his second DSL season) pitched in 3 G (3 1/3 IP) 4 H 8 BB 1 K and 8.10 ERA

scaffolds
08-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Dominican RHP Jose Morel have signed with the San Francisco Giants. Morel 6-1 175 will be 18 yrs in the first week of September, has a high 80's fastball that touches 91.

scaffolds
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
The Red Sox DSL entry beat the Mets 7-4 to break a seven game loosing streak in the regular season finale to finish with a 38-33 record in 4th place of its divisin 8.5 games behind division winner Royals.

Dominican outfielder Yonel Aguero led the Sox in hitting with a 303 batting average. Aguero 5-10 170 switch hitter who isn't a top prospect and will be 21 yrs in December also tied for the team lead (with Venezuelan Denier Lopez) with 14 extra base hits including 11 doubles (best on the squad) 2 tripples and 1 HR, also led the team with 27 stolen bases (was caught only 3 times) and in outfield assist with 7 (Panamanian outfielder Antony Amaya had 6) Jair Bogaerts (Xander's twin brother) was second. Bogaerts a first baseman hit for a 288 average 8 doubles, 2 tripples and 2 HR (which tied for best on the squad with Venezuelans Alixon Suarez and Cleulis Rondon) Garcia a second baseman/SS led the squad with 34 RBI and was second in stolen bases with 17 of them (in 23 tries) Rondon stole 14 in 15 tries, but Venezuelan second baseman Andres Garcia was caught stealing 16 tries in 27 tries. Garcia led the team in Games played with 69, in at bats with 256 in receiving bases on balls with 68 ( Aneudis Peralta was second with 51) Garcia struck out 42 times, Rondon had the most strike out on the team with 50 and tied Peralta in errors with 24. Suares had the most pass balls with 8 follwed by David Sopilka with 5.

Dominican LHP Pedro Reyes led the team with 14 starts, in innings pitched 68 2/3 (followed by also Dominican Sully Bonnelly with 61 1/3) and in strike outs with 55 (followed by also Dominican Carlos Pinales with 46) had 13 bases on balls (fourth among pitchers who threw at least 47 IP) and a 2.88 ERA ( 6th on the team among pitcher with at least 40 IP) Venezuelan LHP Ricardo Betancourt led the team with 7 wins (Reyes was second with 5) and his 2.22 ERA was third best on the team) Venezuelan RHP led the tean in ERA 2.02 (Dominican RHP Carlos Pinales was second with 2.06) in saves with 6 (Pinales was second with 4) in games pitched 21, in 49 IP second on the team allowed 6 bases on balls Dominican RHP Jonathan Aro was first with 4 allowed, Pinales third with 7) Bonnelly allowed the most HR with 5 in 61 1/3 IP (Jimenez and Venezuelan RHP allowed 3) Dominican Oscar Melendez alowed the most hits with 63 in 53 1/3 ip followed by Reyes with 56 of them.

As far as hitters Aguero, Bogaerts and Sopilka a 17 yrs Venezuelan catcher who hit for a 260 average with 10 doubles,1 tripple and 1 HR (in 192 AB/53G) and pitchers Reyes, Bonelly, Jimenez, Edwar Garcia 2.68 ERA in 47 Ip 39 H 0 HR (only pitcher on the squad with more than 13 IP pitched) 29 BB (third most to Bonnelly 36 and Espitia 30) Betancourt and Pinales should be playing at the GCL in 2012.

PS It seems like Red Sox first player who they sign out of Brazil Iago Januario has been a bust. Januario signed in 2009 for $150,000 signing bonus (in his second DSL season) pitched in 3 G (3 1/3 IP) 4 H 8 BB 1 K and 8.10 ERA

One more note; Dominican RHP Oscar Melendez was promoted to the GCL after the DSL finished their regular season.

scaffolds
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
BA is reporting that the Phillies have signed Venezuelan outfielder Carlos Tocci for a $759,000 signing bonus, Tocci turned 16 yrs recently.

scaffolds
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Baseal America is reporting the official signing of Roberto Osuna by Toronto.

scaffolds
08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Today August 31 comes the end of the early phas of the International signing period. There has been some signing that haven't the MLB office when they do I will post them, to my understanding the Sox haven't signed no one else, there will be a dead period for about 2 weeks and them signing will start again. The way I see Texas and Toronto did the best job of signing in this period.

scaffolds
09-11-2011, 07:50 AM
The yankees have signed Colombian catcher Alvaro Noriega. for a $175,000 bonus.

PS for those who wants to follow this signing can see them in my signing board at the end of page 4 in this thread.

scaffolds
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
According to BA the Seatle Mariners will be signing (early November) the youngest member of the German National team, 18 yrs RHP Daniel Theiben. Theiben 6-4 185 has a mid 80's fastball.

scaffolds
09-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Baseal America is reporting the official signing of Roberto Osuna by Toronto.

Osuma bonus is for 1.5M

scaffolds
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
The DPL is reporting that the Phillies have signed 17 yrs dominican catcher Wilber Torres for a $25,000 signing bonus. The DPL has cut down their operations and for the 2011-2012 season will only have two teams.

VIBaseball
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd read about the Sox being active in Brazil, scaffolds, and then I saw your note on Januario.
How many other Brazilians are in the Sox chain? It would be neat to see somebody make it to the majors from there -- a first.

Blackout
09-29-2011, 06:58 PM
i guess their best athletes were too busy trying to get into the NBA (alex garcia and marcus vinicius come to my mind)

Blackout
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
oh and Damian Vaughn in the nfl

scaffolds
09-29-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd read about the Sox being active in Brazil, scaffolds, and then I saw your note on Januario.
How many other Brazilians are in the Sox chain? It would be neat to see somebody make it to the majors from there -- a first.

Iago Januario is the only Brazilian is the Red Sox system, so far he has been like a bust he barely pitched this year in the DSL his second season in the league, his problem has been that he can't throw strikes.

scaffolds
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM
The Cherington promotion to GM should help the Red Sox Latiin America Operation he is well like there, however we need to see if there would be a change who heads those operations Todd Claus is a good baseball man, but not the right man to head those operations.

scaffolds
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
In a some what old news (it happened in mid August) Mike Lord the Red Sox Mexican and European scouting coordinator became the manager of Trevecca Nazarene U in California.

scaffolds
10-26-2011, 08:02 PM
In a some what old news (it happened in mid August) Mike Lord the Red Sox Mexican and European scouting coordinator became the manager of Trevecca Nazarene U in California.

PS Lord signed the highly touted Bogaerts out of Aruba, also RHPs Swen Huijer (Netherland) and Jennell Hudson from Germany. It needs to see if Todd Clauss is the man replacing Lord.

scaffolds
10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
The Cherington promotion to GM should help the Red Sox Latiin America Operation he is well like there, however we need to see if there would be a change who heads those operations Todd Claus is a good baseball man, but not the right man to head those operations.

Eddie Romero (son of the former Sox infielder by the same name) one day may lead the latin America operation for the Red Sox, but may not be ready to replace Claus for now.

scaffolds
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
For those who are International scouting and signing fan I recommend a article written in BA (Baseball America) about a Padre player named Alvaro Aristy. Aristy who isn't the player real name signed back in July 2008 for a 1M dollar bonus.

scaffolds
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Baseball America is reporting than the Padres have signed Dominican outfielder Franmil Reyes for a $700,000 signing bonus. Reyes originally had reach a agreement with Seatle for more than double that amount before talks broke down.

scaffolds
11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
The Dpl is reporting today that the Angels have signed Dominican outfielders Ayendi Perez and Ranyemi Alberto Mendoza. Perez 5-10 160 a left handed hitter signed for a $25,000 bonus has + + speed. Mendoza who has hitting tools signed for $70,000 bonus.

scaffolds
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Baseball America is reporting that the Reds have signed Venezuelan RHP Soid Marquez and that the Blu Jays signed also Venezuelan RHP Jesus Tinoco. Tinoco a 6-3 198 16 yrs has a sinker that tops out at 91.

scaffolds
11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Baseball America is reporting that the Reds have signed Venezuelan RHP Soid Marquez and that the Blu Jays signed also Venezuelan RHP Jesus Tinoco. Tinoco a 6-3 198 16 yrs has a sinker that tops out at 91.

Talking about Venezuelan prospects there are a group of Venezuelan pitchers that are playing with the Red Sox Paralela team in Venezuela this Fall. I am talking about Joicer Martinez, Elvi Gomez, Jorge Quintero, Juan Padron, Alexis Rivero, Juan Peraza and Francisco Carrillo along infielders Jose Gomez and Elvis Perez. I am trying to find out what is the story here, however information out of Venezuela takes a while.

SwissRedSoxFan
11-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Any potentially star players whom the Red Sox should target?

scaffolds
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Any potentially star players whom the Red Sox should target?

No sure I understand the Question, if its about the group of Venezuelan in the last post is Joicer Martinez. If its who is left in the board Hersin Martinez a outfielder out the Dominican is still in the board so is Roniel Demorizi a shortstop and Angel Yente a third baseman all Dominican plus pitchers Manuel Mazeta Gonzalez (also Dominican) and Venezuelan Manuel Silva, but anyone intersted my board on the end of page 4 is up today as to my knowledge.

Therwil Flyer
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Red Sox have apparently signed three Dominican free agents: LHP Luis Ortega, LHP Randy Perez and OF Osvaldo Almengo.

Anyone (Scaffolds) Know more about these players? Thank you.

scaffolds
11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Red Sox have apparently signed three Dominican free agents: LHP Luis Ortega, LHP Randy Perez and OF Osvaldo Almengo.

Almengo actually was signed earlier in the year, but MLB has taken their real time in clearing him out don't know if there was any dirt on him, but recently he turned 19 yrs 6-2 180 (aprox) R/R he is just a average prospect. As far Perez and Ortega, not only haven't hear about their signings, but haven't heard their names. Where are you hearing about this signings?

Therwil Flyer
11-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Almengo actually was signed earlier in the year, but MLB has taken their real time in clearing him out don't know if there was any dirt on him, but recently he turned 19 yrs 6-2 180 (aprox) R/R he is just a average prospect. As far Perez and Ortega, not only haven't hear about their signings, but haven't heard their names. Where are you hearing about this signings?
Jonathan Singer (chrome://echofon/content/user-view.xul?screen_name=Jonathan_Singer)(soxprospects .com) wrote that on twitter earlier.

scaffolds
11-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Jonathan Singer (chrome://echofon/content/user-view.xul?screen_name=Jonathan_Singer)(soxprospects .com) wrote that on twitter earlier.

After doing some research it looks both Perez and Ortega are small LHPs with Ortega being 17 yrs and Perez 18 yrs.

scaffolds
11-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Red Sox Venezuelans prospects playing in Venezuela's paralela League:

Willian Cuevas RHP
Yeiper Castillo RHP
Leonel Vasquez RHP
Ricardo Betancourt LHP
Ely Jimenez RHP
Jose Espitia RHP
Heiker Meneses SS
David Sepilka C
Andres Garcia 2B
Cleoluis Rondon SS
Oscar Perez C
Deiner Lopez SS
Juan Ugas 1B/3B
Leonel Escobar C

Red Sox Dominican prospects playing in the Venezuela Paralela league:

Wilfredo Pichardo OF
Amaury Taveras 2B
Jeremias Pineda OF

scaffolds
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedes had a show case in the Dominican last week. Cespedes who reportly turned 26 yrs in October broke the Cuban national sereies HR record in the 2010-2011 series with 33 HR in 90 games is 6-0 215 R/R and reportly runs a 6.3/60, is a 5tools player. There's talk that the Marlisn are the leaders for his service, but that the Yankees are also hot in his trail, there is also talks that Cespedes is looking for a lot bigger contract than the one signed by his countryman Leony Martin last year (15M for 5 years)

PS Cuban defectors LHP Roberto Arrebatos, RHP Deinys Suarez and catcher David Remedios are also drawn a lot interest in the Dominican.

scaffolds
11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedes had a show case in the Dominican last week. Cespedes who reportly turned 26 yrs in October broke the Cuban national sereies HR record in the 2010-2011 series with 33 HR in 90 games is 6-0 215 R/R and reportly runs a 6.3/60, is a 5tools player. There's talk that the Marlisn are the leaders for his service, but that the Yankees are also hot in his trail, there is also talks that Cespedes is looking for a lot bigger contract than the one signed by his countryman Leony Martin last year (15M for 5 years)

PS Cuban defectors LHP Roberto Arrebatos, RHP Deinys Suarez and catcher David Remedios are also drawn a lot interest in the Dominican.

I am hearing that the Red Sox isn't among the teams in the bidding for Cespedes.

scaffolds
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Other Cubans defectors who has been show casing are Outfielders Jorge Soler 19 yrs, Henry Urrutia 24 yrs and Gerad Sanchez, RHP Armando Rivero 23 yrs and LHP Omar Luis 19 yrs.

scaffolds
11-13-2011, 08:59 AM

It has been reported that both Perez (17 yrs) and Ortega (18 yrs) signed around the July 2 2011 signing period. Perez (reported 5-11 160) and Ortega (reported 5-10 165) aren't very projectable and not highly ranked both where pass by at the 2010 early sining period in 2010 (Ortega was also pass by in 2009)

scaffolds
11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
While not as known as fellow Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedez and center Fielder Roman Hernandez 5-11 200 R/R 23 yrs. Hernandez is a power hitter who also can hit for average to all fields, with very goodsspeed and + arm.

Another Cuban defector drawing interest from International scouts is short stop Jose Perez. Perez 25 yrs is known as the Magician because his soft hands and + defensive skills. As a hitter is a contact hitter with a good swing.

scaffolds
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Reports out of Venezuela have the Sox having signed Venezuelan RHP Junior Flores. Flores a 16 yrs have a 88-91 fastball, a good slider, but needs work in his command and control, is also a cousin to Red Sox reliever Franklin Morales

Therwil Flyer
11-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Cherrington has mentioned (reported by Pete Abraham on twitter) that the international scouting and the medical department will see some restructuring. It's about time.

scaffolds
11-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Cherrington has mentioned (reported by Pete Abraham on twitter) that the international scouting and the medical department will see some restructuring. It's about time.

It has been reported in different sources than Cherington is going to be in the Dominican this weekend (I believe that theo only went to the Dominican when they opened the academy) The Red Sox Latin American program needs some beefing up, also they need to someone other than Todd Claus to head that program, they need to more aggresive.

scaffolds
11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
The word Wednesday (11/16) in the International scouting community is that there will be changes with the Sox Latin America scouting, however what isn't clear if it will be with Latin America scouting Director (Todd Claus) or with Craig Shipley (International scouting director) or both, perhaps a demotion in charge of the Pacific Rim and europe only, or with the Dominicans scouts, but there could some additions there too, what it may not get affected at least for now seems to be the Venezuela scouts.

Richard
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
What was wrong with their approach before?

Mike D.
11-16-2011, 08:10 PM
I can't speak for exactly what the problem is, but the Sox haven't done well in the international market. Right now, their only high level prospect or big leaguer who came as an international FA as a prospect is Doubront, I believe.

Therwil Flyer
11-17-2011, 02:59 AM
I can't speak for exactly what the problem is, but the Sox haven't done well in the international market. Right now, their only high level prospect or big leaguer who came as an international FA as a prospect is Doubront, I believe.

They have Xander Bogaerts and Jose Iglesias who signed as IFA (and technically Matsuzaka was an international signing). But generally speaking you are exactly right. The results from the international market are not very good for the Red Sox. For an organization that prides itself with player development the international market has been disappointing.

scaffolds
11-17-2011, 06:29 AM
What was wrong with their approach before?

First of all the the Red Sox latin American scouting program isn't horrible. It just need some beefing up do, a Spanish speaking Latin American director will be a big help and if they can get Craig Shipley (not a fan of Shipley) away from latin America even a bigger help, also they need to more aggresive with bigger support from the front office.

scaffolds
11-17-2011, 06:32 AM

Theo also has traded latin players who are playing inthe big show or are close to it.

Mike D.
11-17-2011, 06:43 AM
They have Xander Bogaerts and Jose Iglesias who signed as IFA (and technically Matsuzaka was an international signing). But generally speaking you are exactly right. The results from the international market are not very good for the Red Sox. For an organization that prides itself with player development the international market has been disappointing.

I don't really count Matsuzaka because he was an established player. I totally spaced on Inglesias, though. Duh!

Therwil Flyer
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
The word Wednesday (11/16) in the International scouting community is that there will be changes with the Sox Latin America scouting, however what isn't clear if it will be with Latin America scouting Director (Todd Claus) or with Craig Shipley (International scouting director) or both, perhaps a demotion in charge of the Pacific Rim and europe only, or with the Dominicans scouts, but there could some additions there too, what it may not get affected at least for now seems to be the Venezuela scouts.
Shipley reported to be replaced as director of international scouting:
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2011/11/17/sources-red-sox-expected-to-replace-craig-shipley-as-director-of-international-scouting/

scaffolds
11-17-2011, 11:02 AM
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2011/11/17/sources-red-sox-expected-to-replace-craig-shipley-as-director-of-international-scouting/

I believe this move should had been made long time ago, the Red Sox has lost a lot very good scouts because they had issues with Shipley (a very hard person to deal with) there are talks that Omar Minaya may be the one replacing Shipley.

scaffolds
11-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Again a great move, perhaps the best in years. Minoya wasn't a very good GM, but as scout, did a very good job in Montreal and with the Mets, a very good knowlege of International scouting and with very good contacts.

scaffolds
11-18-2011, 07:05 PM
With the MLB draft having a spending cap starting in 2012 the International scouting department is more important than ever and while we don't the changes thatCherrington will be doing, this is what i belive needs to be done.

Step 1 Hiring a International scouting director like Omar Minaya or someone like him, one with strong ties to Latin America, with strong comnnections.

Step 2. Replacing Todd Claus as Latin America scouting director (International scouting director right hand man) Claus is a good baseman, a good scout, but not the right man for this position. The Sox have opening as Europe scouting director (after Mike Lord left the organization in August) Claus could be the right man for this position.

Step3. Promote Eddie Romero JR to assistant Latin America scouting director.

Step 4. In the Dominican the Sox have 3 scouts Manny Nanita (Surpevisor), Victor Torrez and Victor Rodriguez JR. Rodriguez is the son of the Sox minor league hitting coordinator of the same name and nort only is in his first year of scouting, but is a Puerto Rican. the move here is to send Rodriguez to help Edgar Perez (PR scout) to scout Puerto Rico, and to hire 3 more scouts to cover the Dominican.

Step 5. In Venezuela the Sox also has 3 scouts. Ernesto Gomez (supervisor) Fernado Verocierto and Angel Escobar. Venezuela is too big of a country to be cover with just 3 scouts, at least 2 more scouts are needed..

Step 6. The Sox don't have scouts in Panama and Nicaragua, they need to have a full time scout in both countries.

Step 7. Mexico has been developing more baseball talent in the last few years, the Sox have one scout Jack Pierce (Mike Lord also did some work in Mexico) the need to have at least one more scout in Mexico.

Step 8. The Red Sox at least needs a part time scout in Brazil and in Aruba.

Step 9. Taiwan (Louie Lin) The Sox haven't signed a player out of Taiwan for close to 5 years and the last one wasn't even signed by Lin. In Korea ( John Kim) is even worst the Sox haven't signed a player out of Korea in more than 10 years, there has to be a change of scouts in this countries.

Step 10. The Sox have Brian Farley scouting Europe for now I don't believe that there is a need for a change and the same for Colombia (Santiago Prada) or Australia Jon Deeble

scaffolds
11-23-2011, 07:01 AM
With the MLB draft having a spending cap starting in 2012 the International scouting department is more important than ever and while we don't the changes thatCherrington will be doing, this is what i belive needs to be done.

Step 1 Hiring a International scouting director like Omar Minaya or someone like him, one with strong ties to Latin America, with strong comnnections.

Step 2. Replacing Todd Claus as Latin America scouting director (International scouting director right hand man) Claus is a good baseman, a good scout, but not the right man for this position. The Sox have opening as Europe scouting director (after Mike Lord left the organization in August) Claus could be the right man for this position.

Step3. Promote Eddie Romero JR to assistant Latin America scouting director.

Step 4. In the Dominican the Sox have 3 scouts Manny Nanita (Surpevisor), Victor Torrez and Victor Rodriguez JR. Rodriguez is the son of the Sox minor league hitting coordinator of the same name and nort only is in his first year of scouting, but is a Puerto Rican. the move here is to send Rodriguez to help Edgar Perez (PR scout) to scout Puerto Rico, and to hire 3 more scouts to cover the Dominican.

Step 5. In Venezuela the Sox also has 3 scouts. Ernesto Gomez (supervisor) Fernado Verocierto and Angel Escobar. Venezuela is too big of a country to be cover with just 3 scouts, at least 2 more scouts are needed..

Step 6. The Sox don't have scouts in Panama and Nicaragua, they need to have a full time scout in both countries.

Step 7. Mexico has been developing more baseball talent in the last few years, the Sox have one scout Jack Pierce (Mike Lord also did some work in Mexico) the need to have at least one more scout in Mexico.

Step 8. The Red Sox at least needs a part time scout in Brazil and in Aruba.

Step 9. Taiwan (Louie Lin) The Sox haven't signed a player out of Taiwan for close to 5 years and the last one wasn't even signed by Lin. In Korea ( John Kim) is even worst the Sox haven't signed a player out of Korea in more than 10 years, there has to be a change of scouts in this countries.

Step 10. The Sox have Brian Farley scouting Europe for now I don't believe that there is a need for a change and the same for Colombia (Santiago Prada) or Australia Jon Deeble

The Red Sox have announced Eddie Romero as the new International scouting director. Its a good hiring Romero is a up coming evaluator, my only question is if he has enough experience or has enough contacts (compare to Omaya) However he needs help like the post above mentioned.

scaffolds
11-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Baseball America is reporting that the orioles have signed Colombian RHP Yeizer Marrugo. Marrugo 17 yrs have a fastball in the 88-89 range that tops out at 91.

scaffolds
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Venezuelan outfielder Carlos Arroyo and Brazilian catcher Raphael Barbosa drew the attention of International scouts at the recent finished 18 and under tournament in Colombia. Barbosa was voted the top catcher in the tournament.

Richard
12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Venezuelan outfielder Carlos Arroyo and Brazilian catcher Raphael Barbosa drew the attention of International scouts at the recent finished 18 and under tournament in Colombia. Barbosa was voted the top catcher in the tournament.

That is interesting regarding Barbosa because catcher Jorge Alfaro was a Texas Ranger bonus baby.

scaffolds
12-02-2011, 09:06 AM
That is interesting regarding Barbosa because catcher Jorge Alfaro was a Texas Ranger bonus baby.

You are correct Alfaro also played in the same tournament, but Barbosa was named the top catcher prospect.

scaffolds
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Baseball America is reporting that the A's have signed Dominican outfielder/firstbaseman Sanber Pimentel. Pimentel 17 yrs, 6-2 195 is a laeft handed hitter.

scaffolds
12-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Red Sox fans has been down on the club Latin America system, but Frank Francisco and Yamaico Navarro are in the big leagues, Engel Beltre, Miguel Socolovitch and Roman Mendez are close to the doors, Juan Rodriguez in 2011 all traded by the Red Sox and they just lost Cesar Cabral in rule 5 draft.

scaffolds
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Spain has never been a producer of baseball talent, but i am hearing that there is a 16 yrs Spaniard outfielder by the name of Ugeth Urbina Machado that has called the attention of International scouts. Machado has been playing at the European baseball academy for the last two years.

Richard
12-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Scaffolds,

Do you think any other nations could emerge within the next five years as a major producer of talent besides the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Cuba. especially the latin countries?

scaffolds
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Scaffolds,

Do you think any other nations could emerge within the next five years as a major producer of talent besides the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Cuba. especially the latin countries?

There aren't any question that the game has become more Global than ever, MLB has been pushing it for the last few years. Colombia and Mexico has been producing more talent than before, but because of the weather Europe it will never a major producer, China has the population but they are still way behind, if i have to pick one it is Brazil with a heavy population of Japanese heritage.

AZBlue
12-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Scaf, I have always wondered why more players were not developed in Mexico. There are many players and passionate fans. Any ideas about why there are so few Mexican players in the majors compared to the population of the country? Why wouldn't Mexico be as productive as Venezuela?

scaffolds
12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
First of all in the Dominican and Venezuela baseball is the main sport, in Mexico soccer is and probably will always be the main sport and for many reasons, most of Mexico population is very poor and to play soccer they will need only a ball, compare to baseball that you will need a glove, a bat, ball etc, having said all of that baseball is growing in Mexico and have different baseball academies, generally producing more baseball talent than ever.

scaffolds
12-11-2011, 09:10 AM
While is is way early it seems like the talent in the Dominican for the July second (2012) isn't as good as the 2011, while in the Venezuelan the talent is as good perhaps a bit better.

AZBlue
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Scaf, the national sport in Venezuela is the Miss Universe contest. :smile2:

scaffolds
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Scaf, the national sport in Venezuela is the Miss Universe contest. :smile2:

Lol. i hear you. there are a lot of Venezolean woman who are very attractice and i agree with the Miss Universe contest in Venezuela is a big business.

Richard
12-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Another poster last year mentioned that baseball was hurt during the seventies when the World Cup came to Mexico accompanied by mass publicity, a Mexican League baseball strike in the late seventies or early eighties and collusion by soccer club owners in terms of television, meaning much of the attention went to soccer including attracting better athletes eventually to the detriment of baseball.

It seems as if Mexico has been producing better players lately like Sebastian Valle, Manny Banuelos and a couple recent other recent bonus babies. I think the WBC will eventually help improve Mexican baseball for the same reasons the World Cup helped Mexican soccer publicity.

scaffolds
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
DPL is reporting that Seatle has signed Dominican third baseman Angel Yente for a $225,000 bonus. Yente 17 yrs is 6-2 170 and a right handed hitter.

scaffolds
12-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Baseball America is reporting that Arizona have signed Cuban defector LHP Alexander Carrera for a $400,000 signing bonus. Carrera who just turned 22 yrs has a fastball in the 86-89 range that tops out at 93 pitched briefly in the Dominican Winter league this Fall.

scaffolds
12-30-2011, 07:40 AM
According to International scouts it seems like we are getting close to a World wide draft, what isn't very well known if its going to be a draft combined with the domistic one or a separate for International players.