PDA

View Full Version : Colored Seats In Ballparks

WolfSpear
05-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Knowing there's one in Boston for the Splendid Splinter's shot, I was wondering what other ballparks have special seats to commemorate a special home run. This is what I know of so far.

Oriole Park: LF seat for Cal Ripken's 238th HR as SS; RF seat for Eddie Murray's 500th HR
Fenway Park: RF seat for Ted Williams's 502 ft. HR
Tropicana Field: RF seat for Wade Boggs's 3000th hit.

Seattle1
05-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I just thought of something. You know what would be cool? If all seats in all baseball stadium were completely see-through. So there would be all these people sitting there in these seats but you couldn't see them, they would be invisible seats, it would be like they were sitting on air!

:faint:

stlfan
05-07-2011, 04:16 PM
That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.

Paul W
05-07-2011, 10:16 PM
I just thought of something. You know what would be cool? If all seats in all baseball stadium were completely see-through. So there would be all these people sitting there in these seats but you couldn't see them, they would be invisible seats, it would be like they were sitting on air!

no, not cool

Anubis2051
05-07-2011, 11:29 PM

:faint:

Yeah, the "clear" effect would last all of a day - until someone spills mustard on it, or the sun fades the plastic. Besides, why would you want to show the concrete underneath? Not to mention all the garbage people put under their seats at ballparks.

jnakamura
05-07-2011, 11:39 PM
US Cellular has an original blue seat where Paul Konerko hit his grand slam in the 2005 WS.

Paul W
05-08-2011, 12:28 AM
...why would you want to show the concrete underneath?...

or rear-ends...

DrBear
05-08-2011, 05:52 AM
I can just see it - all the litter underneath the "invisible" seats...