PDA

View Full Version : new rules

tripledup22
08-20-2006, 08:52 AM
in the next couple of years what new rules do you think will come in.
I think that sliding into first should be an automatic out.

and if there is a fight the team who started it should automaticly lose except for the post season
now what do you think?

Erik Bedard
08-20-2006, 08:58 AM
No way sliding into first is an out! What if the throw pulls the 1Bman of the bag, but right towards the guy running?

west coast orange and black
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
tripledup22: I think that sliding into first should be an automatic out.
why is this, 22?

if there is a fight the team who started it should automaticly lose except for the post season
it can not always be determined who started it.
with the dread of losing a game hanging over them, perhaps the post-season is the perfect situation for your regular season penalty.

Red Sox Rule
08-20-2006, 09:23 AM
in the next couple of years what new rules do you think will come in.
I think that sliding into first should be an automatic out.

and if there is a fight the team who started it should automaticly lose except for the post season
now what do you think?

No sorry, don't agree with any of those.

What's wrong with sliding to first?

And fights are parts of sport. They happen in soccer, football even basketball. It's to easy for a player to snap in a tight/important game and the rule would be unfair imo

Mariano_Rivera
08-20-2006, 09:30 AM
No sorry, don't agree with any of those.

What's wrong with sliding to first?

And fights are parts of sport. They happen in soccer, football even basketball. It's to easy for a player to snap in a tight/important game and the rule would be unfair imo
So you accept the fact that Multimillion dolloar investments are being endangered through these fights that you want to ingnore?

I think he may have meant diving into first because that can endanger a players hands.

Red Sox Rule
08-20-2006, 09:41 AM
So you accept the fact that Multimillion dolloar investments are being endangered through these fights that you want to ingnore?

I think he may have meant diving into first because that can endanger a players hands.

I accept that fights aren't good images on sports fields, especially for youngsters watching, but they are always going to be part of sports. Whilst i don't think that the club should automatically lose the game, i do believe that they should be punished. Fines, suspensions etc.

Fights just happen. Its not like they are premeditated, is it? It's not like a player goes on to a field and thinks, right i'll start a fight today! Fights often happen because of a sudden loss of control which could be caused by high tension games/important games or points in the games. Thats why i belive it's harsh for their to be a rule where the entire club is punished for one players loss of control.

Mariano_Rivera
08-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I accept that fights aren't good images on sports fields, especially for youngsters watching, but they are always going to be part of sports. Whilst i don't think that the club should automatically lose the game, i do believe that they should be punished. Fines, suspensions etc.

Fights just happen. Its not like they are premeditated, is it? It's not like a player goes on to a field and thinks, right i'll start a fight today! Fights often happen because of a sudden loss of control which could be caused by high tension games/important games or points in the games. Thats why i belive it's harsh for their to be a rule where the entire club is punished for one players loss of control.
It is to harsh but another problem would be for teams out of contention nothing happens to themk realy