View Full Version : Rebuilding
09-23-2006, 07:42 AM
The Royals: Great new GM, first pick in the draft, and that pick ended up being minor league player of the year. That have great contact, and no power.
The Cards our not going to be the top contenders in the MLB for the next few years because of all the old, and new players. If we win the WS this year you can count Tony to be gone, and I can honestly see Joe Girardi as our new coach in the next year or two.
The Royals would be the team in Missouri, not the Cards. You can not be dominent forever!
09-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Well draft picks are always a crap shoot, look at Pujols, he was drafted in the 18th round or something like that...nobody thought any thing about him until he lit up the upper minors.
I doubt KC will do anything much any time too soon, yeah they have some minor league talent but they are a long long way from being a contender:)
The Cardinals have six pitchers on their AA team that have a good shot of reaching the major leagues over the next few years, I don't know what the Royals have, but that looks pretty promising for the Cardinals. With Pujols, Rolen and now Duncan that's a pretty good team to build around...would'nt you say? :)
09-24-2006, 05:02 AM
1. the cardinals are already in the middle of rebuilding and are still going to win the division. not too shabby, eh?
2. the cardinals are not going to win the world series this year.
3. the royals have never, and will never be missouri's team. even at their peak in the mid-1980s, they didn't have a majority of support among the population (granted whitey ball was very popular - bad time to peak i guess).
4. it doesn't matter who is GM of the kansas city royals, as long as their owner refuses to invest long-term into their draft picks and young stars, they will continue to leave for larger markets (ie carlos beltran) when they become free agents. plus, it's important to bring in key veterans that will mesh with the young talent. the royals are unwilling/unable to sign anyone who has the potential to be a difference maker.
5. joe girardi will not be the manager of the cardinals in the next season or in the next 10 seasons. the cubs are going to throw a pile of money at him, plus he has historical ties to their club and to the chicago area. also, tony is still here for at least another season. and also, jose oquendo is a very legit candidate to replace TLR when he retires so if it were between girardi and oquendo, i think they'd go with oquendo.
09-24-2006, 04:31 PM
You read minds now? You sound like you have a lot of hope on a WS win.
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
1b pujols 26
2b belliard 29
SS eckstien 30
3b rolen 31?
lf duncan 25
cf edmonds 36/ wilson 30?/ torii hunter 30?
rf encarnacion 30
c molina 24
(weaver, mulder, marquis, supp, sosa, naverson, zito) any of these guys could be in the rotation next year.
I really dont think this is rebuilding and i think that this team can win the series next year (let alone this year!!!) we are fairly young so we have nothing to worry about!
I pretty mutch guessed the ages but they should all be about right!
09-25-2006, 05:35 AM
You read minds now? You sound like you have a lot of hope on a WS win.no mind reading here, just stating the obvious...
also, i hope we win the WS. i'm just not going to place any unrealistic expectations on this team.