PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the 2006 Topps Mets Team Set...

Dalkowski110
11-02-2006, 10:05 PM
I have two variations of this set, with one featuring card number NYM9 as Kris Benson, and the other featuring card number NYM9 as Lastings Milledge. I've seen many of these sets with Benson, but this is the first one I've seen with Milledge (well, tied with another one he also had). My questions would be as follows...

-First, when was the Benson card pulled and substituted with the Milledge card? It only seems very recent, and I've yet to find another Mets team set featuring the Milledge card.
-Second, which card is more common? Of the ten team sets he had yesterday (he's had them throughout the year and they've sold well), this was one of just two he had featuring Milledge as opposed to Benson. Hence, he had them marked up an extra dollar. I know neither card is worth much, but am simply curious as to which, if either, could be classified as a short print. One interesting thing to note about these teams sets is that both featured Victor Diaz, who I was surprised wasn't replaced by, say, Duaner Sanchez or Julio Franco (both of whom had cards in Series 2 of the 2006 Topps set and are still with the Mets). Then again, the Milledge card is completely new with regards to design and has not yet appeared in the 2006 Topps set (of course, it could appear in the Updates and Highlights set).