PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Machine Trivia

janduscframe
01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Isaac Singer's founding partner of Singer, had a grandson who played a prominent role in baseball. Name him and his accomplishment..

Ubiquitous
01-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Wasn't that the family that founded the baseball hall of fame? I believe it is the Clark family and I believe that was how they amassed their fortune and allowed them to set up the hall.

MadHatter
01-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Isaac Singer's founding partner of Singer, had a grandson who played a prominent role in baseball. Name him and his accomplishment..

Bill Singer?

Dodgerfan1
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Star Spangled Banner Singer?

Trivia Guy
01-29-2007, 02:20 PM
It's been a LONG time since I read it somewhere (maybe in Bill James' Politics of Glory), but I think he helped start the Baseball Hall of Fame. I believe he was a Cooperstown offical, politican, or maybe just a resident...........

janduscframe
01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Good job. It was Stephan Clark and his grandpa was Singer's business partner. Isaac Singer was a flake.. I'd like to read a bio on that guy..

Guess what? As I'm typing this a bell went off... All the old Singer board minutes,specs and whatever is on hundreds of spools of microfilm and was offered up to a museum in Cooperstown.. Now I know why..... It must have been the Clark tie..They didn't have the room, so it's all stuffed away in Madison at the state historical society. It never struck me till now as I'm typing. Glad I posted it.. :lookitup :lookitup I'm teaching myself???

RuthMayBond
01-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Star Spangled Banner Singer?Keep Roseanne Barr out of this