X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wade8813
    The Dark Knight = Amazing
    • Jul 2006

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/gl...?search=WARP-1 has a search you can use to find out player's Warp1. Look under Advanced Batting Statistics (for both batters and pitchers).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Erik Bedard
      all of the time
      • Feb 2006

I'll take Mike Schmidt. Year coming up when I get home, since BP is blocked at my school.

Comment

• The Splendid Splinter
        Sweet Action Bo Jackson
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Erik Bedard
        I'll take Mike Schmidt. Year coming up when I get home, since BP is blocked at my school.

ill help you out here... its 1976. but if i was you... i would go with 1977. the difference in WARP1 is .2 but i think his '77 season was better.
        "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
        Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
        Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
        Bo Jackson

Comment

• Edgartohof
          • May 2004

Originally posted by The Splendid Splinter
          ill help you out here... its 1976. but if i was you... i would go with 1977. the difference in WARP1 is .2 but i think his '77 season was better.
          Most here would go with '81 for Schmidt, since it's widely regarded as the best season by a 3Bman. Heck, I'd probably take '80 or '86 over both of those two seasons as well.

Comment

• The Splendid Splinter
            Sweet Action Bo Jackson
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Edgartohof
            Most here would go with '81 for Schmidt, since it's widely regarded as the best season by a 3Bman. Heck, I'd probably take '80 or '86 over both of those two seasons as well.

yeah... we cant use '81 or '80... not enough games in '81 and '80 was his 2nd best WARP1 year ('74 is his best)... and i dont believe '86 was as good... yes higher AVG but '77 beat '86 in OBP and SLG and '77 was in his prime at age 27 so he gave you some steals and better defense
            "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
            Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
            Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
            Bo Jackson

Comment

Prophet of Rage
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Wee Willie
              Sorry, pal. I thought about taking another big stick to protect Ruth, but I bet Babe will appreciate a great table-setter more.
              The thing is that Joe wasn't just a table setter in '76. He led the league in SLG with .576 in a really low offensive year, with that awesome on-base ability as well had a 187 OPS+, added 60 steals, and was a Gold Glove fielder at a key defensive position!!!!! You've got more than your money's worth with a late 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                all of the time
                • Feb 2006

'76 for Morgan is a great value. I would have taken him if I had realized he was available.

Comment

• Minstrel
                  • Dec 2006

Morgan is an excellent value. He was one of the players I was considering until he was taken.
                  "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                    • Oct 2006

I looks like it my pick.... Is this right?
                    Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

• Minstrel
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                      I looks like it my pick.... Is this right?
                      Yes, please! (I'm next. )
                      "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                        • Oct 2006

I take Joe jackson.
                        Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

• Minstrel
                          • Dec 2006

I select:

Stan Musial : 1951

Comment

• Minstrel
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                            I take Joe jackson.
                            Which year?

Comment

• Westlake
                              • Jan 2007

Wow, thanks guys, my next two targets. :o

Musial was just too juicy to pass up in the 3rd round huh Minstrel?
                              Originally posted by Domenic
                              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Minstrel
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Westlake
                                Wow, thanks guys, my next two targets. :o

Musial was just too juicy to pass up in the 3rd round huh Minstrel?
                                Yeah. I actually pondered taking him last round...the third round seemed to good to be true.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X