PDA

View Full Version : topps of the line

say-hey teramiabullfrog
03-09-2007, 06:44 AM
now, back when i started collecting baseball cards (the dinosaur leagues) in the 50's my buddies and i didn't "collect" them, we gambled with them. the two favorite games involved flipping them and either calling "match" or "opposite" and if you called it correct (matched it or didn't) you won the other players card. the other gambling baseball card game involved holding the card between your index and flip-off finger and throwing the card about 15 to 20 feet against a garage door or wall - closest wins the card. obviously, our cards weren't in mint condition, not much value, but we had fun with them. you could have a six inch stack of baseball cards in the morning and a one inch stack at the end of the day, and vice-versa the next day (and we chewed a lot of bubble gum).

AutographCollector
03-09-2007, 10:05 AM
holding the card between your index and flip-off finger and throwing the card about 15 to 20 feet against a garage door or wall - closest wins the card.
You know what's funny? I did that as a kid growing up also. My brother, and 3 of our closest friends and I used to do that in our garage. I even won a "Doc" Gooden rookie card that way! :D

bryanspellman
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I would save all my Mets and Cubs cards for when I was having a bad run..........

Remember the 'leaner'!!!!:D