PDA

View Full Version : Danbury Mint Stadiums

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

mbme4
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the Kingdome pics Metsfan. I need that one , but as you have said it's hard to find and plenty expensive!

Chevy114
01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I love how even the kingdome roof from dm looks dirty!

PA-Mets-Fan
01-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Anyone see the Busch III on ebay last week? $560?? Scratch that one off my want list...

I did see that. I couldn't believe it. I am so glad I got that one from DM before they discontinued it. Ironically, I did get Busch II on ebay last week for $38 with shipping. I guess it just depends which one you need.

Ansky104
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Lego Baseball Stadium project:

Check this out:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/LEGO-Please-Create-MLB-Licensed-Stadium-Sets/189867067706023

There's also a twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/lego_MLB

Ansky104
01-20-2011, 01:30 PM
here's a site with different models:

http://www.burikmodeldesign.com/

ADome65
01-21-2011, 07:34 PM

My first post and test...

PA-Mets-Fan
01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
I usually don't post football stadiums, but in honor of the Steelers going to their record 8th Super Bowl, I am posting pictures of their previous home, Three Rivers Stadium. As with the baseball version by DM, it is done relatively well. However, as with the baseball version, this stadium was built in the cookie cutter mode of Riverfront & Veterans Stadium and really lacks any distinctive features. Other than the Steelers memories their, and there are many, Heinz Field is a dramatically better alternative.

hamatosan
01-26-2011, 08:36 AM
I did see that. I couldn't believe it. I am so glad I got that one from DM before they discontinued it. Ironically, I did get Busch II on ebay last week for $38 with shipping. I guess it just depends which one you need.

Whoa, really?? 560 dollars?

I have a spare that I've been looking to move...do they usually go for really high?

PA-Mets-Fan
01-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Not usually. However, that one was discontinued shortly after it came out by DM. In addition, very few of the new Busch Stadiums have hit ebay. I am guessing that it would still go fairly high, just not ridiculously, like that auction.

mbme4
01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Not usually. However, that one was discontinued shortly after it came out by DM. In addition, very few of the new Busch Stadiums have hit ebay. I am guessing that it would still go fairly high, just not ridiculously, like that auction.There were some New Busch stadiums that weren't that great in thier quality. I remember a while back some posts on page #2 that people were returning them that were disappointed..... I just bought a Tropicana Field in excellent condition with no original packaging for $200, good deal......???

PA-Mets-Fan
01-27-2011, 07:33 AM
I don't think it is a great price, but there aren't many of them out there. This seems to be one of the rarer ones that comes up on ebay. I recently got a slightly damaged Trop at a discount. I will be posting pictures of it later.

mbme4
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't think it is a great price, but there aren't many of them out there. This seems to be one of the rarer ones that comes up on ebay. I recently got a slightly damaged Trop at a discount. I will be posting pictures of it later.I bought a damaged Kauffman Stadium for $40 and repaired it to look like new. The upper deck four outer posts in left field were missing and I repaired it with strips of balsa and painted it and it looks great in my collection! Some are definetly worth buying cheaper with a little damage if your willing to spend the time repairing them for sure..... Unfortunatly I need the ones that are hard to find and are very expensive at auction.....

StadiumPage
01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I bought a damaged Kauffman Stadium for $40 and repaired it to look like new. The upper deck four outer posts in left field were missing and I repaired it with strips of balsa and painted it and it looks great in my collection! Some are definetly worth buying cheaper with a little damage if your willing to spend the time repairing them for sure..... Unfortunatly I need the ones that are hard to find and are very expensive at auction.....

Agreed. I got a PNC with each of the light posts bent a few months ago for about 1/2 the typical price. Bent the posts back into place and repainted them. The damage is barely noticeable now.

stadium_collector
01-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I bought a damaged Kauffman Stadium for $40 and repaired it to look like new. The upper deck four outer posts in left field were missing and I repaired it with strips of balsa and painted it and it looks great in my collection! Some are definetly worth buying cheaper with a little damage if your willing to spend the time repairing them for sure..... Unfortunatly I need the ones that are hard to find and are very expensive at auction.....

yeah, you bought that from me. I saw a picture of it later, and you did a great job repairing it.

mbme4
01-27-2011, 07:14 PM
yeah, you bought that from me. I saw a picture of it later, and you did a great job repairing it.Thank you again! If I can ever help you out with one let me know.....

mbme4
01-27-2011, 07:47 PM
yeah, you bought that from me. I saw a picture of it later, and you did a great job repairing it.Amazing what some paint, wood and glue can do! I still need to find some styrofoam containers for a few (4) I bought without them. Any ideas.....? Someone said to wrap the replica in plastic and use the insulation in a can to make a mold. Definetly won't try that with one of my good ones! Have to use Old Wrigley......

PA-Mets-Fan
01-28-2011, 06:58 AM

Great job with Kauffman. You can't even tell what the problems were!!! That is one of the few that I still need - Kauffman and Skydome, and both rarely hit ebay. There is actually one of each on ebay right now, but I am not paying $225 for Kauffman and $425 for Skydome. I should of had Kauffman right around the holidays for a reasonable price, but my internet was down - it figures. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep looking. Anyway, great job with your repair. I should send you my Tropicana Field for a touch-up!!!

mbme4
01-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Great job with Kauffman. You can't even tell what the problems were!!! That is one of the few that I still need - Kauffman and Skydome, and both rarely hit ebay. There is actually one of each on ebay right now, but I am not paying $225 for Kauffman and $425 for Skydome. I should of had Kauffman right around the holidays for a reasonable price, but my internet was down - it figures. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep looking. Anyway, great job with your repair. I should send you my Tropicana Field for a touch-up!!!Actually Metsfan the picture is an example I used of the area I repaired, I appologize.... But ours does look as good! I will post some pics when I unpack and display that stadium again. I am still working on getting something built to display all of our stadiums that can someday be disassembled and moved. Thanks again for all of the pictures you post of your collection. We look forward to them!

mbme4
01-30-2011, 10:10 AM
There is a flood of Danbury Mint replicas on ebay lately for those who are looking, not sure why all of a sudden......? Unfortunetly none I need !

stadium_collector
01-30-2011, 11:10 AM
There is a flood of Danbury Mint replicas on ebay lately for those who are looking, not sure why all of a sudden......? Unfortunetly none I need !

yeah, unfortunately everyone seems to need the same ones. There have been a couple i needed in the new wrigley and new fenway but not what i'm willing to pay for without the box. Now the ones that were listed this morning have boxes but they want more than what they sell for on danburymint.com.

I did pick up a couple Opening Day baseball stadiums in the last week (Fenway and Old Busch). Does anyone have a list of which ones they made?

mbme4
01-30-2011, 06:35 PM
yeah, unfortunately everyone seems to need the same ones. There have been a couple i needed in the new wrigley and new fenway but not what i'm willing to pay for without the box. Now the ones that were listed this morning have boxes but they want more than what they sell for on danburymint.com.

I did pick up a couple Opening Day baseball stadiums in the last week (Fenway and Old Busch). Does anyone have a list of which ones they made?Ya, I emailed that guy and told him he was asking more than they are selling for new! He said he didn't care he really wasn't sure if he wants to sell them. You think!!!! Unbelievable........

PA-Mets-Fan
01-31-2011, 02:25 PM
He actually has a bid on one of these. Why somebody would bid more for a stadium than they would pay for a new one at Danbury Mint is beyond me!!!

mbme4
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
He actually has a bid on one of these. Why somebody would bid more for a stadium than they would pay for a new one at Danbury Mint is beyond me!!!Someone has a collection of 19 stadiums on ebay with a starting bid of $1,499.00 and a buy it now for $2,150.00. They are worth about $850 seperate at auction at best! The market is flooded and nothing selling and people are paying to much and asking to much! It's like, doesn't anyone pay attention..... I'm curious as to why everyone is selling though? Could it be the lack of the 7x7 version production? Hmmmm....?

PA-Mets-Fan
02-01-2011, 07:21 AM
I did see that. There are not any hard to get stadiums in that listing either. The guy that listed the deluxe Yankee Stadium for $1800 a few weeks ago has relisted it again at $289. It nice to see that people are not overpaying for these stadiums anymore. Maybe Kauffman & Skydome will come down in price as well.

stadium_collector
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I did see that. There are not any hard to get stadiums in that listing either. The guy that listed the deluxe Yankee Stadium for $1800 a few weeks ago has relisted it again at $289. It nice to see that people are not overpaying for these stadiums anymore. Maybe Kauffman & Skydome will come down in price as well.

yeah the guy with the yankee stadium has relisted it at least 4 times.

The lady with all the hard to find stadiums must work for the mint. She only sells the high value stadiums and she seems to have multiples of all of them.

The guy selling his collection for higher than the mint, told me he really doesn't care if he sells them, his wife is expecting and listing fees were free so he thought he would give it a shot. Even though the Fenway and Wrigley moderns just sold last week for $100 combined he will leave the prices where they are.

Oh well, still need Kingdome, PNC Park, Modern Fenway and Modern Wrigley.

Also looking for any opening day baseball stadiums except Fenway or Old Busch.

mbme4
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Anyone have an old Fenway in its container that's in excellent condition? I wasn't going to include that one or old Wrigley but decided to get them to have the whole set. If I ever get the last 5 I need that is...... Wouldn't it be great if the Mint came out with some new 7x7's ?! I would love to see what they could do with Nationals park.

Woody284
02-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Anyone know where I could get the new cowboy stadium..

mbme4
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone know where I could get the new cowboy stadium.."The Danbury Mint".........

PA-Mets-Fan
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
You can't get the new Cowboys stadium at DM anymore. It sold out a while ago. You can only get Texas Stadium at the Mint now.

PA-Mets-Fan
02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
More ridiculous bidding on ebay to report. The lighted version of Lambeau went for $500+!!!! Simply unbelievable. I wonder if that lady with all the rare DM stadiums will pull this one out of her closet and list it.

patthekat
02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Why do you consider it ridiculous?

PA-Mets-Fan
02-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Considering that you could buy it from the Mint for $75 a year ago, that is why.

patthekat
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
This is the lighted version that has not been available for over 5 years. This originally sold for $200.

PA-Mets-Fan
02-07-2011, 07:41 AM
The one we were referring to was the 7 X 7 New Busch Stadium that sold for $500 + on ebay. It was not the deluxe lighted version of old busch. The Mint stopped making that one years ago.

PA-Mets-Fan
02-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Speaking of Busch Stadium, here it is. As with many stadiums of this era, there is nothing really special about Old Busch. Very similar to Veterans, Three Rivers and Riverfront - all multi-purpose stadiums that served their purpose. I think DM's replica is good, but I much prefer the current Busch Stadium over this one.

chip
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Pa,

Did they incorrectly make Busch a perfect circle like Three Rivers?

Chevy114
02-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Speaking of Busch Stadium, here it is. As with many stadiums of this era, there is nothing really special about Old Busch. Very similar to Veterans, Three Rivers and Riverfront - all multi-purpose stadiums that served their purpose. I think DM's replica is good, but I much prefer the current Busch Stadium over this one.

Busch looks like the best of the doughnuts for baseball views, I guess not having football on a regular basis will do that huh?

patthekat
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Sorry Mets-Fan, I thought you were talking about Lambeau.

In respect to the "round" stadiums, I grew up in Veteran's Stadium in Philly. This stadium was called an octorad. It was an eight sector polygon. When you walked the stadium, you could see the joints where the sections were bolted together. I loved the Vet. I can still remember the first time I walked out of the tunnel and saw the yellow, orange, terra cotta and brown seats. It was breathtaking. Lefty Carlton vs Nolan Ryan. The Bull and Willie Stargell monster home runs. Phil and Phyllis; Harry the K. and Whitey. Ahhh yes, memories.

PA-Mets-Fan
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
No problem, I saw that one too. I agree that is a little bit more acceptable being that it cost $199 from the Mint. The only time I even remember the Mint making the deluxe, lighted Lambeau was in a flyer I got when I got another stadium. I can't recall ever seeing it on their website.

In regards to the Vet, have you been to CBP yet? I have been to them both and CBP is far better experience than the Vet. If you have fond memories of the Vet, I can appreciate that. I have fond memories of Three Rivers, especially, since the Pirates have never been good in PNC, but I much prefer PNC to Three Rivers.

stadium_collector
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
WOW, just picked up a Yankee Stadium Delixe Lighted version and what a great looking replica. I had the night game at Yankee Stadium already but this one is much nicer. Looks like along with the Opening Day versions I'm looking for I'm going to have to start looking for the larger lighted versions too.

I still need the 4 regular size stadiums: PNC Park, Kingdome, Modern Fenway and Modern Wrigley.

Does anyone know which stadiums were made like the Yankees Deluxe version? I used to have the Busch Stadium one but sold it, wish i would have kept it now. Also had a Wrigley Field but the lights didn't work so I sent it back. Are there any others besides these 3?

PA-Mets-Fan
02-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi collector, the only deluxe lighted baseball stadiums that I know of were Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Ebbets Field and Busch Stadium. The only deluxe versions of football stadiums that I know of were Heinz Field, Invesco Field and Lambeau Field. IMO, these were the nicest stadiums the Mint made - the attention to detail was fantastic. I really liked that they actually had fans in the stands and the baseball stadiums had foul poles. The only drawback with the football stadiums was that they used a sticker for the field itself, instead of painting it on. It really made the football stadiums look cheap even though they were not.

Ansky104
02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Holy crap... a Gillete Stadium just closed at $430 on ebay today! wow...

mbme4
02-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Yankee Stadium (original lighted version) on ebay for $600 "buy it now" with a chip in it! Talk about wow! Some of us collect them, some people buy these for resale, and some people, like this person just doesn't get it! Wow.......... I did learn a lesson myself though... Bought a replica without the original Styrofoam at a good price, but when I got it it was broken. I will not buy another without the original packaging! I have replaced all the ones that I bought a while ago without the containers except for a few that are just to hard to get. Only six to go....

PA-Mets-Fan
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree - it is a crapshoot when they ship without the original packaging. Fortunately, I have been pretty lucky with the ones I have gotten without the original boxes. I will say that the stadiums are generally pretty durable and flexible. Bent light posts, etc. can be bent back very easily.

PA-Mets-Fan
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
I have recently acquired another PNC Park and before I list it on ebay, I wanted to see if anybody wants to trade. I will trade it straight up for any one of the following: Kauffman Stadium, Skydome, Mellon Arena, Tropicana Field or Madison Square Garden - Rangers. These are pretty much the only stadiums I want and need. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

RfkFedEx
02-17-2011, 08:53 PM
It would be cool if the cookie cutter parks could convert between the two sports. But then again, I wouldn't have bought both RFKs if that were the case. Probably $mart business that they don't convert.

I'd gladly buy a third RFK if they made one that could swivel.

brooklyndodger14
02-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi collector, the only deluxe lighted baseball stadiums that I know of were Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Ebbets Field and Busch Stadium. The only deluxe versions of football stadiums that I know of were Heinz Field, Invesco Field and Lambeau Field. IMO, these were the nicest stadiums the Mint made - the attention to detail was fantastic. I really liked that they actually had fans in the stands and the baseball stadiums had foul poles. The only drawback with the football stadiums was that they used a sticker for the field itself, instead of painting it on. It really made the football stadiums look cheap even though they were not.

Hello PA-Mets-Fan,

Actually, the Deluxe DM Ebbets Field was never a lighted model. It was, however, the very first of the "supersized"
ballparks when it was issued around 1991. The lighted Deluxe RYS, Fenway and Wrigley followed in 2005 or so.

I remember when I pre-ordered the Deluxe RYS calling DM and asking if they had plans to re-issue the Deluxe Ebbets as
a lighted version and their response was that there were no plans to do so, nor that they would re-issue the original
Deluxe Ebbets.

In a perfect world, it would be great if DM would re-issue Deluxe Ebbets (lighted or not) as well as create deluxe
versions of Old Yankee, Polo Grounds, Crosley and Shibe and Forbes. The original DM issues of Crosley and Forbes
were pretty decent in detail for their size as to even include inclines or declines of the street level surrounding those ballparks.
In contrast, the original DM Ebbets didn't have the downward slope along the LF to 3B side but is seen on the Deluxe version.

Dennis
BrooklynDodger14

PA-Mets-Fan
02-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the udate, Dennis. I did not know that about the deluxe version of Ebbets. I thought it was lighted. It is still a great looking replica, though. I agree with you and hope DM would make some other deluxe versions. Heck, I wish they would start to make some newer 7 X 7 versions!!

stadium_collector
02-19-2011, 01:36 PM
OK, down to only needing the KINGDOME, does anyone have this stadium for trade or for sale at a reasonable price?

mbme4
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
OK, down to only needing the KINGDOME, does anyone have this stadium for trade or for sale at a reasonable price?

I wish I had one for myself and an extra for you! This one is tuff to find and everyone wants a fortune for it. I am down to needing 5 to complete my baseball collection, so I am very excited for you! I even went and got the old versions of Wrigley and Fenway which I wasn't going to originaly do because they aren't very good compared to the updated versions. The only thing that is dicouraging about completing our collections is the fact that they have stoped producing the 7X7 versions, let alone several new parks in any size.... (Nationals, Target etc.)

PA-Mets-Fan
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
The latest stadium I am posting is the White Sox home, US Cellular. There is nothing that necessarily stands out with this stadium, but it does look good in a plain way. This replaced the old Comiskey Park and I think DM did a nice job with the replica.

Chevy114
02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
The latest stadium I am posting is the White Sox home, US Cellular. There is nothing that necessarily stands out with this stadium, but it does look good in a plain way. This replaced the old Comiskey Park and I think DM did a nice job with the replica.

I see they went with the original not the updated version of the stadium. I kind of like it as a model, but in real life it looked so boring.

SparkyL
02-24-2011, 01:14 PM
I see they went with the original not the updated version of the stadium. I kind of like it as a model, but in real life it looked so boring.

If I remember correctly, when this model came out this is how the stadium looked . . . .

PA-Mets-Fan
02-24-2011, 02:05 PM
You guys are correct - this is how the stadium looked after it opened. Even though the replica is US Cellular Field, I guess it would be more appropriately called New Comiskey Park as it was the first couple years the park was opened. The renovations did not occur until well after the name change to US Cellular.

Chevy114
02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
The original pics that I saw didn't show any stars falling on the window, am I confussing the old and new looks?

nj-mike
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey guys; first post here from a relatively long-time reader. I just thought I'd throw my Danbury list into the mix since I've accumulated quite a bit over the last ten years or so.

--Ebbets Field
--Polo Grounds
--Enron Field
--Yankee Stadium(old)
--Fenway Park
--Astrodome
--Veterans Stadium
--SkyDome
--PNC Park
--Pac Bell Park
--Riverfront Stadium
--Great American Ballpark
--Memorial Stadium
--Anaheim Stadium
--Tiger Stadium

PA-Mets-Fan
02-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Nice start to the collection. If you are looking to expand it, you can usually find a lot of the stadiums for a decent price on-line.

mbme4
02-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I am looking to trade an HSBC Arena in excellent condition/No box for any of the following w/Box ; Tropicana, Kingdome, New Busch, PNC, Great American or Citizens Bank.

stadium_collector
03-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Looks like the mint has finally shown up on ebay. Was searching for stadiums over the weekend and came across danbury_mint as a new seller. Emailed them and sure enough they asked me what i was looking for and referred me to their website. Sent them a response asking them whattheir plans are regarding new regular sized stadium replicas. Waiting on a reply.

mbme4
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Looks like the mint has finally shown up on ebay. Was searching for stadiums over the weekend and came across danbury_mint as a new seller. Emailed them and sure enough they asked me what i was looking for and referred me to their website. Sent them a response asking them whattheir plans are regarding new regular sized stadium replicas. Waiting on a reply.This may be the beginning of some new production....? Thanks for inquiring! Can't wait to hear their answer....

stadium_collector
03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
This may be the beginning of some new production....? Thanks for inquiring! Can't wait to hear their answer....

just heard back from Jessica, and here is her response.

Robert,

Thank you for your message. Yes, we are the official Danbury Mint. We have both modern Fenway Park and Wrigley Field. We do not have any plans as of now for the new stadiums. Are you able to provide me with the blog site? This way I can pass it up to management to see if there is enough interest to produce the new ones.

Best,
Jessica
Danbury Mint

Chevy114
03-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Just make more trops its the only one I want and can't find!

Petemc1969
03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I know it's not a Danbury Mint item, but I figured there might be some interest by you guys. Here's something I'm having created for me....details to follow:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2572sized.jpg

PA-Mets-Fan
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Please provide some details - it looks very interesting!!!!

Blue387
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM

It looks nice.

According to the score, I hope K-Rod doesn't blow that save.

Petemc1969
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM

A gentleman by the name of Steve Wolf makes these incredible models of ballparks. He just recently started making replicas of stadium light towers with working lights. I sent him an email to see about the Citi Field light tower and he built one & sent me the photo. I feel they are reasonably priced when considering the detail / quality. If interested, you can contact him through his website.

Home page - http://www.majorleaguemodelsbystevewolf.com

Here is the link to the lights section - http://www.majorleaguemodelsbystevewolf.com/#new-product-line-ballpark-light-towers

PA-Mets-Fan
03-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Wow, that guy has got some great talent. I would love to see what a replica Citi Field or PNC Park would look like. The details are incredible. Thanks for the links. If you get a chance, can you post a picture of the back or your light tower.

Petemc1969
03-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Wow, that guy has got some great talent. I would love to see what a replica Citi Field or PNC Park would look like. The details are incredible. Thanks for the links. If you get a chance, can you post a picture of the back or your light tower.

Here is the finished product. What an awesome job by Steve Wolf! Although not an exact scale replica (and I didn't expect it to be), I love the job he did with this light tower model! I know the full ballpark models are somewhat pricey, he does make these light towers pretty affordable ($275 to $350 range). He can also do sections of ballparks if desired:

http://www.majorleaguemodelsbystevewolf.com/#new-product-line-ballpark-light-towers

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2756sized.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2762sized.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2750sized.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2764sized.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2707sized.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2746sized.jpg

PA-Mets-Fan
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Wow, that is VERY cool. I would actually consider getting a couple of these. Thanks for the additional pics!!!

Petemc1969
03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow, that is VERY cool. I would actually consider getting a couple of these. Thanks for the additional pics!!!

Definitely high quality. Check out his website for additional models or you could even request a new one not offered yet. He's very personable.

patthekat
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Definitely high quality. Check out his website for additional models or you could even request a new one not offered yet. He's very personable.

Hey Pete. Thank you for posting that site. Wow! Old Connie Mack looks so real. I am actually old enough to have been there. What a pretty park that was (on the inside). A little dingy on the outside. Of course it was over 60 years old when I saw my first game there.
I wonder what a full ballpark is worth. Probably as much as a Toyota!

WestSideBomber
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM
So I've decided to update a few things myself on my Great American Ballpark model. I've already begun painting the roof and light poles white instead of the gray that was on them. I'm also going to paint the facades of the upper levels red to match the updates the Reds did a few seasons ago. I'm also thinking of repainting the whole seating bowl a slightly more vibrant shade of red since I think it would look cooler, but that would be a major undertaking. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

If I had any real talent I'd think about adding a section on and build the Hall of Fame/team shop that wasn't included in the model. I highly doubt I will do this, though. That's sort of just a pipe dream.

Here's how it currently looks.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5084/img1778bq7.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2309/img1786on6.jpg

PA-Mets-Fan
03-19-2011, 07:41 AM
The next stadium I am posting is Toronto's Skydome. Yes, I was finally able to get this one at a fairly reasonable price!! I don't know why this has such a collectors value, but its price has skyrocketed since it was retired by Danbury Mint.

This park replaced Exhibition Stadium for the Blue Jays. The one thing that immediately strikes you about this replica is how heavy it is compared to the other DM replicas of the same size. As with most DM replicas, I think they did a great job with Skydome and it is definitely one of my favorites.

trepye
03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
I know it's not a Danbury Mint item, but I figured there might be some interest by you guys. Here's something I'm having created for me....details to follow:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/petemc1969/IMG_2572sized.jpg

DM has nothing on that...wow.

If i had my choice I would have him create a replica of CF's right field (with the overhang, contoured OF wall and the pepsi sign), the best, most fun right field in baseball.

mbme4
03-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Skydome was our first and we love it! Only 6 to go..... Thanks again for the pics!

mbme4
03-20-2011, 11:11 PM
If anyone bought a Tropicana field on ebay for $100 please PM me. I have already bought this and paid for it... I am trying to rectify this asap, any info would be appreciated. Thanks fellow collectors...

mbme4
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I had a bad buying experience with this seller..... (Sportszone Collectibles) Beware!

PA-Mets-Fan
03-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Wow, that is horrible!!! I have never dealt with this outfit, but I will definitely take note of them. I have had a few bad experiences with shipping, but everything has been worked out so far. Currently working on one right now - I will keep you posted.

pnsports
03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm finally going to do something other than just read through the thread. I've been following this thread for over a year. I accidently found it when I was searching the internet to try and determine how many different stadiums the Danbury Mint produced. Does anyone know for sure how many they actually made and where I could actually find a list of them? I have been collecting the stadiums for quite a while, but I definitely don't have them all. I have 3 stadiums which were not produced by the Danbury Mint, and 104 that were.
I was able to find some old advertising from the Danbury mint, back when they identified their stadiums with letters and numbers. Through the old literature I have, I do know that the Baseball stadiums were identified with BB5- followed by a number (which I always throught was the number of stadiums made since they started with BB5-01 - (which was Ebbets Field). According the my literature, the highest number was BB5-61, which was the New Busch Stadium. Right after they produced that one, they chanced the identification process for all of their stadiums.
The NFL stadiums were identified with FL4- followed by a number (again, what I believed was the order in which they were made). FL4-01 is listed as Lambeau Field, and football went up to FL-48, which was Bank of America Stadium (Carolina Panthers), before they changed their identification process.
Hockey arenas were identified with HKB- followed by a number, but I don't have a lot of data from that point on because I only have 8 hockey arenas. The lowest identification I have is HKB-14 (Boston Gardens) and the largest is HBK-26 (Olympia Stadium - Red Wings). I have the least information on Basketball, because the only one I have with an identification for is BKS-008 which is the Rose Garden (Portland), and I only have 8 basektball arenas.
I do know that they also made Racetracks, but I only have 1, and that is Daytona International Speedway and was identified as NRW-01.
I would certainly appreciate it if someone could give me any information regarding the total number of stadiums, of each type, made by the mint. Also, if you are interested, I do have a pretty complete list of codes for all of the identification numbers for baseball and football. My list for basketball, hockey and the racetracks is not very good.

Ansky104
03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
pnsports,

This isn't the best list, but it's not bad. Can't help with the coding, maybe someone else can. Go to the bottom page:

http://www.tuffstuff.com/upload/images/archiveltd.pdf

PA-Mets-Fan
03-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Very impressive collection, pnsports!!! I wish I could get some of those stadiums at the prices listed on tuffstuff.

Chevy114
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I saw a guy selling a trop and a box for $600 on ebay, not an auction just a buy it now thing. Would anybody actually pay that?

mbme4
03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
I saw a guy selling a trop and a box for $600 on ebay, not an auction just a buy it now thing. Would anybody actually pay that?Or best offer..... They do sell for quite alot. It seems to be one of the hardest ones to get. That and Kingdome....

thewrong5
03-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Why won't danbury mint make a Target Field or a Nationals Park?

Chevy114
03-31-2011, 05:27 AM
Or best offer..... They do sell for quite alot. It seems to be one of the hardest ones to get. That and Kingdome....

I didn't see the obo my bad.

PA-Mets-Fan
04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Why won't danbury mint make a Target Field or a Nationals Park?

We have been asking DM that very question for several years now!!

Oriolesfan8
04-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Long time reader, first time poster here. I have really enjoyed your posts on the Danbury Mint Stadiums. I got my first stadium (Camden Yards) and have been addicted to them ever since. They are truly one of the coolest sports collectibles out there. Here are the stadiums I have acquired over the years:

Camden Yards
Memorial Stadium (Baltimore)
M&T Bank Stadium
RFK (Nationals)
Modern Yankee Stadium (through 2008)
2 Shea Stadiums
Citizens Bank Park
Great American Ballpark
Kingdome (Seahawks, got it for $30 a month ago, crazy!)
Coors Field
Dodger Stadium
Bank One Ballpark
Jacob's Field
Minute Maid Park
Pro Player Stadium (Florida Marlins)
Autozone Park (Memphis RedBirds)
Raymond James Stadium

I am still looking for several more to keep my collection moving along, especially PNC Park and Busch Stadium III. I knew I should have got Busch when I got Great American and Citizens Bank!

patthekat
04-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Hey there pnsports:

This are the quantities that I have for the stadiums. I have been collecting since 2008 and now own 136 unique stadiums. There are 142 total, not including racetracks. I have done extensive searching and this is the list that I have compiled. I am still looking for the Portland Rose Garden. If anyone has one, I have several of the good ones (as spares) available for trade.

7-inch Deluxe Night Game (10-inch)
MLB 59 5 4
NFL 45 4 4
NHL 13 0 0
NBA 8 0 0
142 125 9 8

(MLB includes Durhum Bulls)

stadium_collector
04-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Hey there pnsports:

This are the quantities that I have for the stadiums. I have been collecting since 2008 and now own 136 unique stadiums. There are 142 total, not including racetracks. I have done extensive searching and this is the list that I have compiled. I am still looking for the Portland Rose Garden. If anyone has one, I have several of the good ones (as spares) available for trade.

7-inch Deluxe Night Game (10-inch)
MLB 59 5 4
NFL 45 4 4
NHL 13 0 0
NBA 8 0 0
142 125 9 8

(MLB includes Durhum Bulls)

hey patthekat, any chance I can get a copy of your list? I show 49 NFL but i could be mistaken. robert

pnsports
04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
patthekat,
Thanks a lot for the information, it has helped me a lot. If you get the time, could you please look over my list of MLB stadiums and see what stadium I am missing. I have never purchased a Deluxe Nigh Game Game Stadium (and probably never will) and the only 10" I have is the stadium for the college I graduated from. Otherwise, I have focused only on the small 7 inch stadiums. Below is my list of MLB Stadiums. Eliminating the stadium for the Durham Bulls (which would reduce your list to 58), my list came to 57 stadiums. If you could look over my list and tell me which stadium I am missing I would appreciate it.
One of the problems I'm running into is that if I purchased a stadium in Baseball, and the same venue was used for football, I wouldn' t purchase the football version of that stadium. I also did not include any name changes. For example, my Anahiem Stadium sticker on the bottom states that it is the home of the California Angels. So no duplicates there. This is a list of different stadiums. Thanks for your help.
pnsports

Baseball Stadiums for Danbury Mint

Brooklyn Dodgers Ebbets Field
Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field
New York Yankees Classic Yankee Stadium
Boston Red Sox Fenway Park
Pittsburgh Pirates Forbest Field
New York Giants The Polo Grounds
Philadelphia Phillies Shibe Park
Chicago White Sox Comiskey Park
Detroit Tigers Tiger Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals Sportsman’s Park
Cincinnati Reds Crosley Field
Washington Senators Griffith Park
Baltimore Orioles Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Cleveland Indians Jacobs Field
Los Angeles Dodgers Dodger Stadium
New York Mets Shea Stadium
Houston Astros Astrodome
Texas Rangers The Ballpark at Arlington
Philadelphia Phillies Veterans Stadium
Atlanta Braves Turner Field
Anaheim Angels Classic Anaheim Stadium
Arizona Diamondbacks Bank One Ballpark
San Francisco Giants Candlestick Park
Milwaukee Brewers Milwaukee Country Stadium
Florida Marlins Pro Player Stadium
Pittsburgh Pirates Three Rivers Stadium
St Louis Cardinals Busch Stadium
Cleveland Indians Municipal Stadium
San Diego Padres Qualcomm Stadium
Minnesota Twins Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome
Seattle Mariners Safeco Field
Baltimore Orioles Baltimore Memorial Stadium
Detroit Tigers Comerica Park
New York Yankees Moddern Yankee Stadium
Cincinnati Reds Cinergy Field
Toronto Blue Jays The Skydome
Atlanta Braves Fulton County Stadium
Oakland A’s Network Associates Coliseium
Texas Rangers Arlington Stadium
Pittsburgh Pirates PNC Park
Milwaukee Brewers Miller Park
Kansas City Royals Kaufman Park
Cleveland Indians League Park
Houston Astros Minute Maid Park
Cincinnati Reds Great American Ball Park
San Francisco Giants SBC Park
Chicago White Sox U.S. Cellular Field
Philadelphia Phillies Citizen’s Bank Park
Boston Red Sox Modern Fenway Park
Chicago Cubs Modern Wrigley Field
Anaheim Angels Modern Angels Stadium
San Diego Padres Petco Park
Washington Nationals RFK Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals New Busch Stadium
Tampa Bay Devil Rays Tropicana Field
Boston Braves Braves Field
Colorado Rockies Coors Field

stadium_collector
04-03-2011, 01:59 PM
patthekat,
Thanks a lot for the information, it has helped me a lot. If you get the time, could you please look over my list of MLB stadiums and see what stadium I am missing. I have never purchased a Deluxe Nigh Game Game Stadium (and probably never will) and the only 10" I have is the stadium for the college I graduated from. Otherwise, I have focused only on the small 7 inch stadiums. Below is my list of MLB Stadiums. Eliminating the stadium for the Durham Bulls (which would reduce your list to 58), my list came to 57 stadiums. If you could look over my list and tell me which stadium I am missing I would appreciate it.
One of the problems I'm running into is that if I purchased a stadium in Baseball, and the same venue was used for football, I wouldn' t purchase the football version of that stadium. I also did not include any name changes. For example, my Anahiem Stadium sticker on the bottom states that it is the home of the California Angels. So no duplicates there. This is a list of different stadiums. Thanks for your help.
pnsports

Baseball Stadiums for Danbury Mint

Brooklyn Dodgers Ebbets Field
Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field
New York Yankees Classic Yankee Stadium
Boston Red Sox Fenway Park
Pittsburgh Pirates Forbest Field
New York Giants The Polo Grounds
Philadelphia Phillies Shibe Park
Chicago White Sox Comiskey Park
Detroit Tigers Tiger Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals Sportsman’s Park
Cincinnati Reds Crosley Field
Washington Senators Griffith Park
Baltimore Orioles Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Cleveland Indians Jacobs Field
Los Angeles Dodgers Dodger Stadium
New York Mets Shea Stadium
Houston Astros Astrodome
Texas Rangers The Ballpark at Arlington
Philadelphia Phillies Veterans Stadium
Atlanta Braves Turner Field
Anaheim Angels Classic Anaheim Stadium
Arizona Diamondbacks Bank One Ballpark
San Francisco Giants Candlestick Park
Milwaukee Brewers Milwaukee Country Stadium
Florida Marlins Pro Player Stadium
Pittsburgh Pirates Three Rivers Stadium
St Louis Cardinals Busch Stadium
Cleveland Indians Municipal Stadium
San Diego Padres Qualcomm Stadium
Minnesota Twins Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome
Seattle Mariners Safeco Field
Baltimore Orioles Baltimore Memorial Stadium
Detroit Tigers Comerica Park
New York Yankees Moddern Yankee Stadium
Cincinnati Reds Cinergy Field
Toronto Blue Jays The Skydome
Atlanta Braves Fulton County Stadium
Oakland A’s Network Associates Coliseium
Texas Rangers Arlington Stadium
Pittsburgh Pirates PNC Park
Milwaukee Brewers Miller Park
Kansas City Royals Kaufman Park
Cleveland Indians League Park
Houston Astros Minute Maid Park
Cincinnati Reds Great American Ball Park
San Francisco Giants SBC Park
Chicago White Sox U.S. Cellular Field
Philadelphia Phillies Citizen’s Bank Park
Boston Red Sox Modern Fenway Park
Chicago Cubs Modern Wrigley Field
Anaheim Angels Modern Angels Stadium
San Diego Padres Petco Park
Washington Nationals RFK Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals New Busch Stadium
Tampa Bay Devil Rays Tropicana Field
Boston Braves Braves Field
Colorado Rockies Coors Field

your missing the same one everyone else seems to be missing - THE KINGDOME!!!

pnsports
04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the information. Once I saw the name, I knew it. The Kingdome was one of the stadiums I purchased as a football stadium rather than a baseball stadium. At this point I think I have a complete liste of all of the 7 inch. I did agree with patthekat in the number of NHL stadiums (13), the number of NBA stadiums (8 - and I was happy to find out I had them all), and the NFL aith 45 (considering they gave duplicate numbers to 3 stadiums due to name changes - Baltimore Ravens (Psinet Stadium and then M&T Bank Stadium; Carolina Panthers (Ericsson Stadium then Bank of America Stadium) and the Washington Redskins (Jack Kent Cooke Stadium then FedEx Field). Thanks to everyone who helped me gather this information. I appreciate it a lot ! ! !

pnsports

stadium_collector
04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
i show 49 NFL stadiums, can you post a list of the actual danbury mint stadium so that I can check my list. Also can you list the nhl and nba arenas.

thanks

pnsports
04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok, here is what I have on my list. The firs tlist is NFL. It was harder to put together than any other because on several of the stadiums the Danbury Mint listed a different stadium for one that had been renamed. Now I'm not sure if any significant changes took place in the stadium replicas or not, because in most cases, I have the first one made, and didn't buy the second because I looked at it as a duplicate with possibly different signs only. In these cases, I have placed the newer name in parenthesis after the first name. So if you are counting those as different, then my number would be higher. Also, if they were recently produced, it might be one I don't know about. So if you find something I don't have I would appreciate it, if you let me know. With the NBA, I tried to purchase those as soon as they came out, but they disappeared so fast, I wasn't sure how many they made. My numbers were the same as patthekat, and I do know that the 8 listed here were made because I have them all. With the NHL, with help from others, I was able to see what I had, and get information on others produced. Once again, my numbers matched up to those of patthekat. Anyhow, here are my lists for NFL, NBA and NHL

Arizona Cardinals Sun Devil Stadium
Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome
Baltimore Colts Baltimore Memorial Stadium
Baltimore Ravens Psinet Stadium (M&T Bank Stadium)
Buffalo Bills Ralph Wilson Stadium
Carolina Panthers Ericsson Stadium (Bank of America Stadium)
Chicago Bears Soldier Field
Chicago Bears Modern Soldier Field
Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium
Cleveland Browns Browns Stadium
Cleveland Browns Municipal Stadium
Dallas Cowboys Texas Stadium
Denver Broncos ` Invesco Field
Denver Broncos Mile High Stadium
Detroit Lions Ford Field
Detroit Lions Pontiac Silverdome
Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field
Green Bay Packers Modern Lambeau Field
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee County Stadium
Houston Texans Reliant Stadium
Indianapolis Colts RCA Dome
Jacksonville Jaguars Alltel Stadium
Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium
Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Municipal Stadium
Miami Dolphins Pro Player Stadium
Minnesota Vikings Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome
Minnesota Vikings Metropolitan Stadium
New England Patriots Foxboro Stadium
New England Patriots Gillette Stadium
New Orleans Saints The Superdome
New York Giants Giants Stadium
Oakland Raiders Network Associates Coliseum
Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia Eagles Veterans Stadium
Pittsburgh Steelers Heinz Field
Pittsburgh Steelers Three Rivers Stadium
St. Louis Rams Edward Jones Dome
San Diego Chargers Qualcomm Stadium
San Francisco 49er’s Candlestick Park
Seattle Seahawks The Kingdome
Seattle Seahawks Seahawks Stadium
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium
Tennessee Titans LP Field
Washington Redskins FedEx Field (Jack Kent Cooke Stadium)
Washington Redskins RFK Stadium

Danbury Mint NHL Stadiums

Boston Bruins – Boston Gardens
Buffalo Sabres – HSBC Arena
Chicago Blackhawks – Chicago Stadium
Colorado Avalanche – Pepsi Center
Dallas Stars – Reunion Arena
Detroit Redwings – Joe Louis Arena
Detroit Redwings – Olympia Arena
New York Rangers – Madison Square Gardens
Pittsburgh Penguins – Mellon Arena
Philadelphia Flyers – First Union Arena
St. Louis Blues – Savvis Center
Toronto Maple Leafs – Maple Leaf Gardens
Washington Capitals – MCI Center

Danbury Mint NBA Stadiums

Boston Celtics – Boston Gardens
Charlotte Hornets – Charlotte Coliseum
Chicago Bulls – Chicago Stadium
Detroit Piston – The Palace at Auburn Hills
Los Angeles Lakers – The Great Western Forum
New York Knicks – Madison Square Gardens
Philadelphia 76ers – First Union Center
Portland Trailblazers – The Rose Garden

Let me know if anyone sees one which I have missed. Thanks again for everyone's help ! ! ! ! !
pnsports

stadium_collector
04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok the 4 we have different

Lucas Oil Stadium
Giants Stadium, I plan on converting to Jets
Modern SuperDome
Cardinals Stadium

Did they ever make Lucas Oil or Cardinals Stadium?

nyrfandc
04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Let me ask this to the group. Why is it we regularly see the baseball and football stadiums here, rarely see the hockey arena, almost never see the NBA arenas? I was able to secure the GWF (Lakers) cheaply. I'd love the find the Rose Garden or Palace of Auburn Hills, but they are never offered. I have all the NHL arenas, and they are my favorite part of my collection. Is it simply they did'n't produce as many, and those that have them are keeping them? One would figure you'd seem them every now and again. I wonder what my GWF would get via ebay?

pnsports
04-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Ok the 4 we have different

Lucas Oil Stadium
Giants Stadium, I plan on converting to Jets
Modern SuperDome
Cardinals Stadium

Did they ever make Lucas Oil or Cardinals Stadium?

I do want to clarify that my lists are exclusively for the smaller stadium replicas. They do not include the larger lighted stadiums or the larger 10 inch stadiums. Were any of the ones you listed in either lighted or larger versions?
I have actually never seen the replicas of Lucas Oil Stadium, the Modern SuperDome. Were either of those in the smaller 7 inch size? I do know they made a Arizona Cardinals version of Sun Devil Statium, but have never seen a replica of their new Park (University of Phoenix Stadium). Was that one in the small or large in size? Lastly, with regards to Giants stadium, it is on my list, but I think they have recently produced a larger lighted version. Is that the one you are referring to?
Once again, thanks for the information !!!!!!!

pnsports

pnsports
04-03-2011, 11:04 PM
You are absolutely correct on NHL and NBA arenas. When they first came out with the NBA stadiums, I thought they were great. I decided I wanted all of those stadiums and started buying them as soon as they were made available. The problem is I got the first 8, and then never saw another new one produced. Before I knew it, the Danbury Mint wasn't even offering them for sale. The NHL arenas lasted a little longer, but they quickly stopped making new ones and then just slowly sold out the ones they had in stock. At one point in time, I called them, to order 3 stadiums (when they used to ship out a new stadium to you every 2 or 3 months). One of the stadiums was the MCI Center, and the lady actually told me that I should take the MCI stadium first, because it was the last one they had left. I'm glad I took her advice ! ! ! !
At this time, I have all of the NBA stadiums, and 8 of the 13 NHL,. But the reality is that 4 of the 5 NHL stadiums I don't have, are because I have those arenas in their NBA form. I didn't want to buy the same stadium twice, where the only difference was one was set up as basketball and one as hockey. With my entire collection of 104 Danbury Stadiums, I have purchased 1 from e-bay (a long time ago) and all the rest were purchased directly from the Danbury Mint). With the NBA and NHL stadiums, I can stell you that I'm definitely holding on to mine, at least for a little longer.
pnsports

PA-Mets-Fan
04-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Next up, Atlanta's Fulton-County Stadium. This was a typical stadium of its era - nothing particularly memorable about it, but serviceable. However, it did see the home run record broken by Hank Aaron. As usual Danbury Mint did a nice job with the replica. This stadium was eventually replaced by the new home of the Braves and the 1996 Olympics - Turner Field.

Ansky104
04-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Someone put up a dozen different ballparks. I don't really want skydome that badly, but knowing the interest out there I figured I'd try to get it for a decent price and either trade it or sell for more. Unfortunately, I got outbid in the last second. Oh Darn!

New Yorker
04-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Don't feel bad, I was outbid, too.

New Yorker
04-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Why is it we regularly see the baseball and football stadiums here, rarely see the hockey arena, almost never see the NBA arenas? Hmm, do you think it could be because this is 'Baseball Fever'? And not 'Baseball/Football/Hockey/NBA Fever'? I don't know why there's discussion of the stadiums and arenas of the boring, rectangular, run-out-the-clock lesser sports here. If I were a mod, they'd be gone.

PA-Mets-Fan
04-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Skydome, Kingdome, Tropicana, PNC and Kauffman all still go for high amounts. They are a ton of good stadiums out there right now. It is a pefect way to either start or expand your stadium collection.

patthekat
04-16-2011, 10:18 AM
New Yorker:

This thread is Danbury Mint Stadiums and there a quite a few people that are interested in stadiums for all of the pro sports.
Many of the venues were used for multiple sports. The baseball stadiums are definately more interesting, but sharing information on the other stadiums is very interesting to many of us as well. You can just ignore the posts on other sports and you will be fine.

patthekat
04-16-2011, 10:28 AM
pnsports:

Our lists seem to agree. The only NFL that I see missing is the deluxe Soldier Field. This is like the deluxe Ebbets in baseball: no light-up, just a bigger and more detailed replica. Danbury has not made a Lucas Oil or the new Cardinals stadium as far as I know. I also find it hard to believe that they never made the Forum in Monteal, but I have never seen one.

Thanks to all of you; I really enjoy sharing information with you-all. There is no good source of info out there and Danbury keeps this very close to the vest. This is part of the allure of collecting Danbury.

New Yorker
04-16-2011, 10:30 AM
^ Good point. I guess I do tend to be strict about baseball. I haven't turned on ESPN or Sportscenter since the debut of the MLB Channel, lol.

PA-Mets-Fan
04-22-2011, 08:56 AM
The next stadium I am going to post is Tampa Bay's Tropicana Field. As far as dome replicas go, I really like this one. I am not a huge fan of domes to begin with, but for some reason I think this one looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, mine does have two chips in the bowl part of the dome. However, do the extreme rarity of these, I am just glad to have one. This is the current home of the Rays, but they are continually trying to replace this with a new, open-air stadium - good luck on that.

danielcw80
04-22-2011, 10:21 AM
HELLO AND I NEED HELP!!! A buddy of mine has collected all of the Danbury Stadiums and he was not able to get Padres' QualComm. He is getting married in July and I have been searching high and low for it (all craigslist site, called the stadium, called vendors in SD, checking ebay periodically, etc...) Would anyone have additional ideas or have one that they would sell?? I am willing to pay a good buck!! Thank you very much!

New Yorker
04-24-2011, 05:04 PM
HELLO AND I NEED HELP!!! A buddy of mine has collected all of the Danbury Stadiums and he was not able to get Padres' QualComm. He is getting married in July and I have been searching high and low for it (all craigslist site, called the stadium, called vendors in SD, checking ebay periodically, etc...) Would anyone have additional ideas or have one that they would sell?? I am willing to pay a good buck!! Thank you very much!
Looks like you're in luck: http://cgi.ebay.com/Danbury-MInt-Qualcaomm-stadium-/220774545394?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33673037f2#ht_600wt_1049

mbme4
04-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Nice pics Met Fan, I still need that one... I just got back from Florida and we watched a game at Tropicana field, I actually like the place! In an area that gets that warm the air conditioning was nice! And thier hitters hall of fame was a nice touch to the place... It would be nice if the roof was retractable. Maybe the fans would be ok with the place then...

NYFan1stYankFan2nd
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
The next stadium I am going to post is Tampa Bay's Tropicana Field. As far as dome replicas go, I really like this one. I am not a huge fan of domes to begin with, but for some reason I think this one looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, mine does have two chips in the bowl part of the dome. However, do the extreme rarity of these, I am just glad to have one. This is the current home of the Rays, but they are continually trying to replace this with a new, open-air stadium - good luck on that.

Congratulations: You are the sole owner of the HURRICANE EDITION Tropicana Field Danbury Mint Stadium. LOL!

The Monument
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
I collected several dozen Danbury stadiums from the late 90's to the mid 00's. Then, without explanation, they stopped sending them, so I figured that I had them all. When more new parks were being built I figured I'd get back in and contqacted Danbury. First I recieved Fenway Park, which I already had from 1998. And no, it's not Modern Fenway, I have that one also. I called DM, told them I needed a return shipping label, and asked them if they could assure me that I would not be sent stadiums that I already have. First I was told that they had no way of knowing which ones I already had. Then they assured me that they could cross-reference and send me only new ones. Yesterday I got the Polo Grounds, which I already have.I'm ready to send it back and cancel any further shipments, but before I do, is anybody interested in buying the PG or trading it for something else? Cost is $83.80 w/shipping.

mbme4
05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I collected several dozen Danbury stadiums from the late 90's to the mid 00's. Then, without explanation, they stopped sending them, so I figured that I had them all. When more new parks were being built I figured I'd get back in and contqacted Danbury. First I recieved Fenway Park, which I already had from 1998. And no, it's not Modern Fenway, I have that one also. I called DM, told them I needed a return shipping label, and asked them if they could assure me that I would not be sent stadiums that I already have. First I was told that they had no way of knowing which ones I already had. Then they assured me that they could cross-reference and send me only new ones. Yesterday I got the Polo Grounds, which I already have.I'm ready to send it back and cancel any further shipments, but before I do, is anybody interested in buying the PG or trading it for something else? Cost is $83.80 w/shipping.

Danbury Mint seems to be getting out the baseball replica business from what I can see.... They are not making anymore of the ones they have run out of and no newer parks either..... Do yourself a favor and buy what you want off ebay, much cheaper! I bought a PG on there for $25 new with box... Good luck!

andrewduff28
05-09-2011, 11:19 PM
This is a little something I did to my citizens bank ballpark. I changed the original light blue color to a darker blue color. This took me about 5 hours fully paint the sections. hope you guys like it.

andrewduff28
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
heres some more pics.

frikativ54
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
The next stadium I am going to post is Three Rivers Stadium, the former home of the Pirates. This was the classic multi-purpose stadium in the cookie cutter mold. This stadium was very similar in age and design to The Vet in Philadelphia, Busch in St. Louis and Riverfront in Cincinnati. All of these stadiums served their purposes, but were very generic and boring. Thankfully, they have all been replaced with baseball only stadiums that are designed with a throwback feel.

Can you tell me if your Three Rivers stadium replica has the numbers that the team put up in the Upper Deck to commemorate those players who hit homers into the Upper Deck? I am curious as to just how detailed the stadium is. If you could take some photos of the Upper Deck only, that would be absolutely excellent. I am trying to find a replica or picture that shows those numbers close up. Thanks.

New Yorker
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have County Stadium?

On mine, only one dugout — the Brewers' dugout — has a decal on top; the top of the visitor's dugout is just blue, with no decal. I'm wondering if that's right, or if there was once a decal there that might have fallen off (as they occasionally do).

Thanks!

Ansky104
05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Nice pictures of Citizens! I wish I had gotten this when it was available! I was waiting to get it until after I visited and literally the week before I went it sold out! Such bad luck!

danielcw80
05-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Can you believe that i missed that on ebay!!!!!! What the heck!!! grrrrrrrrr. I will have to repost in here. I also set up ebay to email me any danbury mint stadium postings.... grrrrr, double grrrr.!!

danielcw80
05-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Need Help finding Padres' Qualcomm

Please help!! lol

New Yorker
05-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Need Help finding Padres' Qualcomm

Please help!! lol
Why didn't you buy this one? I pointed it out (#1359, above) and also sent you a private email.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Danbury-MInt-Qualcaomm-stadium-/220774545394?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33673037f2#ht_600wt_1049

danielcw80
05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
I am dumb!! I wasnt on here for about 13 days and I missed it..... I actually had surgery and did not do much of anything related to being online, so the search continues!! I appreciate your help!!!

djbpsu99
05-14-2011, 09:45 PM
I have a DM replica of the Rose Garden, home of the Portland Trailblazers. I am thinking about selling it. But i wanted to gauge interest. Send me a private message if intersted.

mbme4
05-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I see Danbury Mint is trying to sell their replicas on ebay quite often now! I told them if the want to sell replicas then make more of the old and some new ones! Same old response, we have forwarded your concerns to our production department....... blah blah blah !

djbpsu99
05-18-2011, 09:52 AM
A couple of you requested pictures of the Rose Garden. Here you go...

New Yorker
05-22-2011, 09:49 PM
I am dumb!! I wasnt on here for about 13 days and I missed it..... I actually had surgery and did not do much of anything related to being online, so the search continues!! I appreciate your help!!!Another one. Can't say you didn't have your chances!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Danbury-Mint-Stadium-Qualcomm-Stadium-Padres-RARE-/380341969577?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item588e25e2a9#ht_4689wt_1685

danielcw80
05-23-2011, 06:05 PM
thank you!

stadium_collector
05-24-2011, 03:38 PM
thank you!

let me guess, you bid 4 times on this right after noticing it. The seller has now realized this and is shill bidding the item to see how high you have bid. This is the reason i wait till an auction is ending before i place a bid.

stadium_collector
05-24-2011, 04:02 PM
let me guess, you bid 4 times on this right after noticing it. The seller has now realized this and is shill bidding the item to see how high you have bid. This is the reason i wait till an auction is ending before i place a bid.

and another one was just listed with a $75 buy it now, here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Danbury-Mint-San-Diego-Qualcomm-Stadium-RARE-/290569692688?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item43a74da610

Chevy114
05-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I just won a turner field for $37!

Ansky104
05-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Hey, I just picked up a Great American Ballpark mint in box w/ COA for a bargain. I'd be willing to trade for a Citizens Bank Park, as that is one that I have been to/I am interested in.

Let me know if you're interested!

stadium_collector
05-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I DID IT!!! Finally completed the baseball set. Looking for a couple of the larger lighted versions and a couple opening day versions now to complete the odd balls. Also only need 9 more football and that set is also complete.

djudemiller
05-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I DID IT!!! Finally completed the baseball set. Looking for a couple of the larger lighted versions and a couple opening day versions now to complete the odd balls. Also only need 9 more football and that set is also complete.

Which was your last one? Was it the Citizens bank park on Ebay last week?

stadium_collector
05-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Which was your last one? Was it the Citizens bank park on Ebay last week?

Actually there were 2 that i needed. PNC Park and THE KINGDOME. Also picked up some doubles as well. Picked up an NFL Kingdome, Citizens Bank, Kauffman Stadium, Skydome, Tropicana Field and a few other NFL stadiums. Also picked up an Ebbets Field Large scale and Fenway Park Lighted.

mbme4
05-30-2011, 06:36 PM
I DID IT!!! Finally completed the baseball set. Looking for a couple of the larger lighted versions and a couple opening day versions now to complete the odd balls. Also only need 9 more football and that set is also complete.Congrats!!!!!! I still need 6 more......

stadium_collector
05-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Congrats!!!!!! I still need 6 more......

Marty, which 6 do you still need? I know one is kingdome, there were a couple Great America's on recently.

djudemiller
05-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Actually there were 2 that i needed. PNC Park and THE KINGDOME. Also picked up some doubles as well. Picked up an NFL Kingdome, Citizens Bank, Kauffman Stadium, Skydome, Tropicana Field and a few other NFL stadiums. Also picked up an Ebbets Field Large scale and Fenway Park Lighted.

Why the doubles? Are you stockpiling for the stadium apocalypse?

mbme4
05-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Marty, which 6 do you still need? I know one is kingdome, there were a couple Great America's on recently.Great American, Citizens, Kingdome, Tropicana, PNC and New Busch.....

patthekat
06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
That is funny!

Why the doubles? Are you stockpiling for the stadium apocalypse?

Ansky104
06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290568912986&si=7SZVwS9fO64ryo6oHB1Fbq8HB9Y%253D&viewitem=#ht_500wt_1156

Chevy114
06-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Just came here to vent I was the only bidder for 3 days on ebay for a marlins dolphin stadium set up to help with my collection of places I have been to in person and then with 2 seconds left it tells me I have been outbid and I couldn't get my bid in fast enough. I wonder how high this peron's bid was since it was 15 dollars more than I had showing for the past 3 days?

JohnCropp
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I've been looking for the Danbury Mint Ibrox Stadium replica ever since I saw my former boss using one as a paper clip holder ten years ago.

http://www.subsidesports.com/fr/images/product/large/Ibrox.gif

If anyone happens to come across one in their search, please let me know.

Thanks!

Redszilla
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Just came here to vent I was the only bidder for 3 days on ebay for a marlins dolphin stadium set up to help with my collection of places I have been to in person and then with 2 seconds left it tells me I have been outbid and I couldn't get my bid in fast enough. I wonder how high this peron's bid was since it was 15 dollars more than I had showing for the past 3 days?

There's no way to know how high the winning bidder went, but there had to be a third bidder whose max bid was $1.00 less than the winning bid. As for the bid coming in at the last second, people use "sniping" sites to enter their bids. You enter your max bid at the sniping site and it places the bid at ebay seconds before the auction ends, leaving others little or no chance to counter.

Chevy114
06-09-2011, 06:52 PM
There's no way to know how high the winning bidder went, but there had to be a third bidder whose max bid was $1.00 less than the winning bid. As for the bid coming in at the last second, people use "sniping" sites to enter their bids. You enter your max bid at the sniping site and it places the bid at ebay seconds before the auction ends, leaving others little or no chance to counter.

That's not cool, but I guess I can tack it up that it wasn't meant to be. I knew the starting bid of 16 dollars was too good too be true!

StadiumPage
06-09-2011, 06:56 PM

Its not difficult to do that manually. I rarely ever bid on anything before there are a few seconds left and never use automated sniping programs. (As long as I can be at a PC or iPhone when the auction is ending.)

Gary Dunaier
06-09-2011, 09:32 PM
The best way to beat the snipers is to bid the absolute maximum you're willing to pay. Even if you get outbid by one increment over your max, you have no idea what their max was, but they obviously were willing to pay more than you were.

Redszilla
06-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Its not difficult to do that manually. I rarely ever bid on anything before there are a few seconds left and never use automated sniping programs. (As long as I can be at a PC or iPhone when the auction is ending.)

Well, that too. :) When I can't be near the computer at auction's end, I take Gary's advice and decide in advance what my absolute max is.

Chevy114
06-10-2011, 02:20 PM
The best way to beat the snipers is to bid the absolute maximum you're willing to pay. Even if you get outbid by one increment over your max, you have no idea what their max was, but they obviously were willing to pay more than you were.

Yeah at the time I thought 30 was all I wanted after I had just gotten a turner field but thinking about it another 45 dollars wouldn't have been horrible. Lesson learned.

Redszilla
06-14-2011, 09:52 AM
This may have been covered earlier in the thread, so if so, please forgive...

Has anyone else been told by Danbury Mint that they're no longer including the certificate of ownership with the stadium models? I recently ordered Kentucky's Commonwealth Stadium and there was none, so I wrote them and was told that they no longer include them.

pnsports
06-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Redszilla,
I haven't heard from the Danbury Mint, but do know that the last stadium I purchased from them (LP Field) did not come with a Certificate. Just recently, I pulled out the empty boxes my stadiums came in, and went through them all (because I left the certificates in the original boxes). I did notice that some of the stadiums had Certificates of Ownership and others had Certificates of Authenticity. But the last purchase came with nothing. Does anyone know when they changed from Certificates from Ownership to Certificates of Authenticity? The Certificates are exactly the same, with the information on both sides, but just a different title.

bandaide300
06-19-2011, 08:58 PM
The only one I am missing is the Auto Zone Park by Danbury, otherwise, I have all the baseball stadiums by Danbury, including Durham Bulls. Any one know wher I can find/get the AUTO ZONE ?

stadium_collector
06-20-2011, 12:04 PM
here is one everyone has been looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTLAND-TRAILBLAZERS-NBA-DANBURY-MINT-ROSE-GARDEN-RARE-/110705361169?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item19c68dc111

nyrfandc
06-23-2011, 08:17 PM
here is one everyone has been looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTLAND-TRAILBLAZERS-NBA-DANBURY-MINT-ROSE-GARDEN-RARE-/110705361169?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item19c68dc111

I bid $275.00, and it still wasn't enough. Very frustrating. This one doesn't come along often.

djudemiller
06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I bid $275.00, and it still wasn't enough. Very frustrating. This one doesn't come along often.

Sort of like $400 Citizens Bank Park. Awkward.

Ansky104
06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I just bought a Gillette Stadium on eBay for a great deal. It's MIB except for the flag pole is missing. If anyone is interested in making a deal for it, let me know. These are what I'm currently looking for:

Citizens Field
Tropicana
FedEx Field
MSG Rangers

jaycee
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Rare-Danbury-Mint-Stadium-Field-Seattle-Kingdome-/140570998196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20baaf35b4#ht_500wt_974

RfkFedEx
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I hope the model for Nats Park excludes the ugly parking garages.

mbme4
06-30-2011, 08:44 PM
I hope the model for Nats Park excludes the ugly parking garages.I highly doubt the Mint will ever make one.....

djudemiller
07-02-2011, 11:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Rare-Danbury-Mint-Stadium-Field-Seattle-Kingdome-/140570998196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20baaf35b4#ht_500wt_974

Too bad the owner is trying to bid on his own listing to run up the price.

stadium_collector
07-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Too bad the owner is trying to bid on his own listing to run up the price.

yeah, its kind of obvious when you end your bidding when your next bid would have been the highest and use a zero feedback guy to do it. The seller offered the kingdome to the board a while back and listed it on ebay several times prior.

andrewduff28
07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
someone is selling a DM Wrigley Field-Deluxe Lighted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260818833853&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1140

mbme4
07-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Is it true that Danbury Mint is done making Stadium replicas.....? :stare:

MontanaJim74
07-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Danbury appears to be selling the deluxe wrigley lighted again:

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/EC4/Chicago-Cubs-Wrigley-Field-Deluxe-Lighted-Edition_3575-0041.aspx?cm_sp=sports_site-_-America_Favorite_Pastime-_-Wrigley_Field_Deluxe_Stadium

stadium_collector
07-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Is it true that Danbury Mint is done making Stadium replicas.....? :stare:

Marty,

where did you here that?

mbme4
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Marty,

where did you here that?I have recently purchased a couple of replicas I still need from an idividual that said is selling them because they told him that they are not planning on any new replicas now or possibly in the future. It does seem to make sense seeing that there have been several new stadiums built with no sign of production from the Mint.... They have even told me the same type of thing when I have asked. Have you noticed how many posts on ebay they have put up as buy it now for thier replicas? Seems like they want out of the replica bussiness.... I will still be completing my Mint collection even if I have to get a different brand in the future of the new parks. I hope the quality is as good!

stadium_collector
07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Anybody here lucky enough to pick up the 2 Kingdome replicas earlier today?

mbme4
07-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Anybody here lucky enough to pick up the 2 Kingdome replicas earlier today?How much did they go for...?

stadium_collector
07-19-2011, 08:21 PM
How much did they go for...?

$60 each and free shipping

mbme4
07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
$60 each and free shippingWow, wish I had seen them! I was lucky enough to get PNC and Great American for $100 each though! Three to go.....

mbme4
07-22-2011, 08:04 PM
According to Michelle S. today at Danbury Mint there are "NO" plans to produce any new baseball stadium replicas.... What will it take to get them to keep these wonderfully detailed replicas going...... :noidea

JohnCropp
07-22-2011, 08:05 PM
According to Michelle S. at Danbury Mint there are "NO" plans to produce any new baseball stadium replicas.... What will it take to get them to keep these wonderfully detailed replicas going...... :noidea

People buyin' 'em.

djudemiller
07-22-2011, 09:06 PM
These Ebay prices are sort of ridiculous. $500 for new Busch? C'mon seriously.
I remember when I first started collecting and every piece, jacobs field, fenway all of them went for like $40 - $50 and maybe Braves Field would be $150. Now those stadiums can go for like $10(not Braves), meanwhile other people try to get $500 for Skydome.
Thank God I only need three more and there's no way I'm paying even $300 for any of them. Fast forward maybe 5 years and Skydome will be like $80.
I can wait.

andrewduff28
07-23-2011, 11:28 PM
These Ebay prices are sort of ridiculous. $500 for new Busch? C'mon seriously.
I remember when I first started collecting and every piece, jacobs field, fenway all of them went for like $40 - $50 and maybe Braves Field would be $150. Now those stadiums can go for like $10(not Braves), meanwhile other people try to get $500 for Skydome.
Thank God I only need three more and there's no way I'm paying even $300 for any of them. Fast forward maybe 5 years and Skydome will be like $80.
I can wait.

Its funny, because i sold him that model last week on ebay for 49. Then he goes around and tries to sell it for 500. thats a slap in the face...

djudemiller
07-24-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah it's unfortunate. he's a collector, we're all collectors but he's trying to make massive profits off of fellow collectors.
The point is that I think that since the mint is obviously discontinuing the line, interest is waning. That's why all but like 5 stadium are selling for next to nothing.
In a couple of years nobody will want even the higher price pieces and the prices will drop precipitously.
That's when I bet you'll see Kingdome going for $50.

stadium_collector
07-24-2011, 10:51 AM
yeah it's unfortunate. he's a collector, we're all collectors but he's trying to make massive profits off of fellow collectors.
The point is that I think that since the mint is obviously discontinuing the line, interest is waning. That's why all but like 5 stadium are selling for next to nothing.
In a couple of years nobody will want even the higher price pieces and the prices will drop precipitously.
That's when I bet you'll see Kingdome going for $50.

Yes, I am a collector and I wouldn't be able to collect these stadiums if I didn't buy and resell some of the rarer stadiums. Andrew, I did not ask you to list your stadiums for the price you listed them for. I just purchased them. I am trying to collect the entire set of Danbury Mint Stadiums and its not cheap. I have ALL of the smaller versions and ALL but 3 of the lighted versions now. I only need 7 more football and all of the larger football. I'm sure these won't be cheap. Therefor, I need to buy some of the rare versions and flip them to buy the ones i need.

Tell me what is wrong with that???? I'm not going to apologize for doing my homework in order to continue collecting these stadiums. I'm sorry you feel this way but once again you listed it buy it now with YOUR prices in mind, I just bought them.

mbme4
07-24-2011, 04:08 PM
People buyin' 'em.I have bought soooo many from the Mint because I believe what you say to be true.... But the ones I need they have discontinued, forcing me to buy from ebay. If they make them we will buy them I promise you! As for people such as Stadium-collector buying replicas and reselling them for what he wants, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. He too is trying to complete his collection..... Some people don't have the time or don't want to spend hours trying to find these and will spend top dollar, that is thier business really.... As for the prices coming down if the Mint stops producing I disagree. I think people will hold on to them waiting for more production down the road. And if they never do, I promise you someone will buy the rights to! Good luck to all my fellow collectors on completing your collection..... :cap:

djudemiller
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
well it's probably inevitable that the prices decline because right now the only people bidding on a kindome replica are those that have all 60 or so other replicas and only need that one to finish the set.
Once they complete the set they won't bid on another one.
No one is starting a mint collection now because they are no longer making any new replicas and even if they did they wouldn't be interested in a kingdome.
So demand is declining because as people finish the set, they go away and no one replaces them.

Chevy114
07-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm just unhappy that I've lived in Tampa since I was 2 and have been a fan of the rays since day 1, but I can't find a trop for under 200 dollars. I'll keep trying though.

PA-Mets-Fan
07-25-2011, 10:21 AM
I can't say that I blame him for buying those stadiums and flipping them, I just don't understand how he gets all of them. It seems that everytime a rare, inexpensive, buy it now stadium appears on ebay he gets it. PNC, Great American, Skydome, Tropicana, New Busch, etc. The only ones I know he missed were the two Kingdomes that sold for $60 each. Does he monitor ebay 24/7?

I certainly can appreciate how andrewduff28 feels, but why did you list them as buy it now and not as a straight auction? At least you would have received a truer value for the stadiums.

claytonmills49
07-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Just saw a bunch of stadiums pop up on ebay from a new seller named "divorcesalehisloss". Ouch, that's a bitter pill to swallow for that ex!

PA-Mets-Fan
07-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I saw that too. Decent selection of stadiums, but nothing rare in the 7 X 7 size.

mbme4
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
well it's probably inevitable that the prices decline because right now the only people bidding on a kindome replica are those that have all 60 or so other replicas and only need that one to finish the set.
Once they complete the set they won't bid on another one.
No one is starting a mint collection now because they are no longer making any new replicas and even if they did they wouldn't be interested in a kingdome.
So demand is declining because as people finish the set, they go away and no one replaces them.I respect your opinion.... Good luck with your collection. I have 4 to go! I do hope the Mint will continue making these, they do an awesome job! Maybe McFarlane toys will produce them someday...

djudemiller
07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I respect your opinion.... Good luck with your collection. I have 3 to go! I do hope the Mint will continue making these, they do an awesome job! Maybe McFarlane toys will produce them someday...

What we should all do is have everyone on this board agree not to bid on Ebay against anyone else. usually the reason we're getting gouged is because we all compete with each other. We should just take turns, you take this Skydome, I'll get the next so to speak.

mbme4
07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
What we should all do is have everyone on this board agree not to bid on Ebay against anyone else. usually the reason we're getting gouged is because we all compete with each other. We should just take turns, you take this Skydome, I'll get the next so to speak.I'm sure we do bid against one another and wouldn't it be nice to have that system! Unfortunatly I don't think we'll ever see it happen.... I only bid on the ones I need or ones my nephew want now. But the ones I need are expensive and hard to get. I still need New Busch, Citizens bank, Kingdome and Tropicana..... :noidea

Chevy114
07-25-2011, 07:17 PM
What we should all do is have everyone on this board agree not to bid on Ebay against anyone else. usually the reason we're getting gouged is because we all compete with each other. We should just take turns, you take this Skydome, I'll get the next so to speak.

That would be really nice, I do think we do a good job of finding stadiums for each other when we ask and we see people on here offering to trade first. I still think there are people who bid on these things but don't come on here that we cannot stop.

stadium_collector
07-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Are there 2 different Wrigley Field lighted versions? One with fans in the stands and one without? I have a list that says there is one called Nighttime at Wrigley and then a Deluxe Lighted version with the fans in the stands. I'm also looking for the Busch Stadium Lighted version and the 2009 Yankees World Series Lighted Version.

Also, does anyone know how many LARGER Football version have been made?

I know of the following:

Texas Stadium Lighted
New Cowboys Stadium Lighted
New Giants Stadium Lighted
I think I heard of a larger Lambeau Field

are there any others?

Ansky104
07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
They had a Heinz Field Deluxe Lighted version, an Invesco Field (still available) and an Old Giants Stadium. Hope that helps

stadium_collector
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I forgot about those, do they all light up? Was there also a Soldier Field Deluxe version?

Redszilla
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I have been looking for Great American Ballpark, Paul Brown Stadium, and Rupp Arena for some time now and have had no luck. I saw the two recent Great American Ballparks that sold on ebay, but I wasn't willing to go $100 for one without the box.

My question is this: Without any sort of feedback system like ebay has, how do you guys know whom to trust when trading through a forum such as this? I don't mean that in a disparaging way, so please don't take it that way. But if you have never met someone in person and don't really know them, how do you take that leap of faith that the friend behind the username is an honest person? Or is there some means of going through ebay "behind the scenes" or privately?

claytonmills49
07-28-2011, 06:09 AM
Yeah, nothing too rare that isn't on ebay regularly. The seller just jacked some of their prices another $20 with no bids. Not so much of a bargain for any of them now.

----------------------------------------------------
PA-Mets-Fan

I saw that too. Decent selection of stadiums, but nothing rare in the 7 X 7 size.

stadium_collector
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Danbury Mints website shows 2 different Wrigley Field lighted replicas. One says: Night Game at Wrigley Field and the other is Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field Deluxe Lighted version. They are both listed for $199. I have the Deluxe Lighted version, is the Night Game version different? is there anyone here that has this version and can take a picture?

mbme4
07-28-2011, 08:32 PM
I have been looking for Great American Ballpark, Paul Brown Stadium, and Rupp Arena for some time now and have had no luck. I saw the two recent Great American Ballparks that sold on ebay, but I wasn't willing to go $100 for one without the box.

My question is this: Without any sort of feedback system like ebay has, how do you guys know whom to trust when trading through a forum such as this? I don't mean that in a disparaging way, so please don't take it that way. But if you have never met someone in person and don't really know them, how do you take that leap of faith that the friend behind the username is an honest person? Or is there some means of going through ebay "behind the scenes" or privately?I purchased the GAB and also a PNC from the gentleman selling them. If you ask if they are damaged upon receit if you can be refunded or insure them you should be fine. They are the only two that I have without the containers but the price was excellent, packaged well and arrived in perfect condition! But I did have a bad experience from another guy with a Tropicana without the container, but I purchased that one outside of ebay.... Bad move!!!

PA-Mets-Fan
07-29-2011, 06:52 AM
I think we have the winner of the two $60 Kingdome's from a few weeks ago on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280716286454&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Chevy114
07-29-2011, 07:53 AM
This ebbets looks pretty sweet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Danbury-Mint-Ebbets-Field-Deluxe-Stadium-W-COA-/140582697473?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bb61ba01

djudemiller
07-29-2011, 09:48 PM
See what I mean, there's a Kingdome sitting there for $199 and there's still no bids. I won't even bid on it and I need that piece.
Maybe prices are coming down.
Now i'm not foolish, someone will probably snag it, but normally someone would have already bid at least.

stadium_collector
08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
here you go, a little high priced but 47 of the 58 stadiums in one auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280718061888&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Redszilla
08-10-2011, 09:13 PM
At over $100 each, I'm betting that lot of 47 will be sitting there a while. Although there are some rare ones in there, that asking price would need to be cut in half, and even then, I'm not sure there's anyone out there ready to drop $2,500 at once. People certainly invest thousands of dollars in various collections, but I'm guessing it usually happens $50 or $100 at a time, rather than all at once.

stadium_collector
08-11-2011, 05:45 AM
At over $100 each, I'm betting that lot of 47 will be sitting there a while. Although there are some rare ones in there, that asking price would need to be cut in half, and even then, I'm not sure there's anyone out there ready to drop $2,500 at once. People certainly invest thousands of dollars in various collections, but I'm guessing it usually happens $50 or $100 at a time, rather than all at once.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I offered $1500.00 and he just let it expire, never even countered. I would pay $2000.00 only because they are all in boxes and then I would have sold off the ones I had not in boxes.

ALSO, a side note, there is a seller on ebay selling all 9 of the NHL Danbury Mint arenas. If anyone is interested here is the link:

http://shop.ebay.com/neubeckerbunch/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

claytonmills49
08-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I wish the "Mint" would make Montreal Olympic Stadium! ( in a 7x7 version that is......)

I was in Montreal last month and was able to pick up a replica from the Olympic Stadium gift shop. It's no Danbury Mint piece but it's the best I've been able to find.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j445/claytonmills49/Montreal.jpg

stadium_collector
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I was in Montreal last month and was able to pick up a replica from the Olympic Stadium gift shop. It's no Danbury Mint piece but it's the best I've been able to find.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j445/claytonmills49/Montreal.jpg

is that ceramic or plastic? i have one that is plastic but all one color.

claytonmills49
08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
This one is ceramic. I also got an even smaller ceramic lookalike that doubles as a pencil sharpener.

On the same trip we were in Toronto. The CN Tower gift shop had a small pewter mockup of the Tower with an open SkyDome/Rogers Centre for $10 that I picked up too. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Danbury SkyDome some time. The park was really cool (was there for the U2 show), sort of an iconic place for me as my Orioles had their Why Not season of 1989 de-railed there.

Sorry for getting slightly off the Danbury Mint topic.

is that ceramic or plastic? i have one that is plastic but all one color.

Chevy114
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Cool replica, is the tower really pink though?

claytonmills49
08-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Cool replica, is the tower really pink though?

Nah, the pink hue is due to my iPhone camera.

claytonmills49
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I offered $1500.00 and he just let it expire, never even countered. I would pay $2000.00 only because they are all in boxes and then I would have sold off the ones I had not in boxes.

ALSO, a side note, there is a seller on ebay selling all 9 of the NHL Danbury Mint arenas. If anyone is interested here is the link:

http://shop.ebay.com/neubeckerbunch/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Congrats if someone on here snagged the Washington DC MCI Center piece. I literally slept through the 3 a.m. Eastern Standard time end date. Does anyone know if $200 is a decent going-rate for this one?

chek2002
08-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Does anybody have 2009 Opening Day at Yankee Stadium or Yankee Stadium World Series 2009 Champions Edition? I am looking to purchase either one and am willing to pay top dollar.

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/AAC/2009-Opening-Day-at-Yankee-Stadium_8227-0075.aspx

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/E5D/Yankee-Stadium----World-Series-2009-Champions-Edition_8227-0109.aspx

stadium_collector
08-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Does anybody have 2009 Opening Day at Yankee Stadium or Yankee Stadium World Series 2009 Champions Edition? I am looking to purchase either one and am willing to pay top dollar.

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/AAC/2009-Opening-Day-at-Yankee-Stadium_8227-0075.aspx

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/E5D/Yankee-Stadium----World-Series-2009-Champions-Edition_8227-0109.aspx

i have one but wasn't really looking to sell. obviously for the right price i may be pursuaded. what are you offering?

chek2002
08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
stadium_collector I'd give $300, that's over double what it was new from Danbury. Let me know what you are thinking. Thanks.

Ansky104
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Congrats if someone on here snagged the Washington DC MCI Center piece. I literally slept through the 3 a.m. Eastern Standard time end date. Does anyone know if $200 is a decent going-rate for this one?

I bought one back in March for around $200 in box. seems fair for most of the arenas

hamatosan
08-20-2011, 03:33 PM

I'd be willing to part with my Opening Day one for the right price. I have the original box still. It's been on display, but inside of a glass cabinet along with my other stadiums.

chek2002
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks hamatosan but I already bought one from stadium_collector.

jimmysturn
08-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Ahhh still can't find a mint PNC Park, if anybody has one they are willing to sell please let me know what your price is. Or if anybody is looking for a trade; I've got a PNC but with one small flaw, one of the lights are slightly bent, I will trade that plus cash. Please let me know if you're interested.

For some reason I never see this one come up on ebay.

StadiumPage
08-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Ahhh still can't find a mint PNC Park, if anybody has one they are willing to sell please let me know what your price is. Or if anybody is looking for a trade; I've got a PNC but with one small flaw, one of the lights are slightly bent, I will trade that plus cash. Please let me know if you're interested.

For some reason I never see this one come up on ebay.

The light towers are actually quite flexible. If you're careful, you should be able to bend it back, good as new. (As long as the paint hasn't chipped off.)

jimmysturn
08-22-2011, 10:02 AM
The light towers are actually quite flexible. If you're careful, you should be able to bend it back, good as new. (As long as the paint hasn't chipped off.)

Well, I accually tried my best to fix them. I moved them back into place, which they are almost back exactly but there is a small bend that I couldn't fix (this is a very slight bend right at the base). The paint also chipped away but I went to a hobby store and with a fine tipped brush repainted the area it chipped away. If you look close you can see a difference in the paint but you would have to look really close.

Chevy114
08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
How much should I pay for a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 wrigley because I did a buy it now for 35 is that a good price?

chek2002
08-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Does anybody have Kinnick Stadium and looking to sell?

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/580/Iowa-Hawkeyes---Kinnick-Stadium_3040-0329.aspx

nymdan
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
How often do these get discontinued and re-issued? I see the Danbury Mint website no longer has the Citi Field one.

stadium_collector
08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
How often do these get discontinued and re-issued? I see the Danbury Mint website no longer has the Citi Field one.

they NEVER get discounted and NEVER get re-issued. If they no longer sell them on their site than ebay is your best bet.

nymdan
08-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I asked about them being discontinued, not discounted.

I'm assuming at some point, if they stopped selling the "Opening Day at Citi Field" one, they'd have to make another Citi Field one at some point, no?

stadium_collector
08-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I asked about them being discontinued, not discounted.

I'm assuming at some point, if they stopped selling the "Opening Day at Citi Field" one, they'd have to make another Citi Field one at some point, no?

sorry about that misread the first post. when they run out they get discontinued. the citifield that is out there now is the lighted version, many members of this board have been asking for Danbury Mint to make several of the newer stadiums (NEW Yankee Stadium, CitiField, Target Field and the new Marlins Stadium) in the 7x7 version and they have pretty much been shut down.

You would think with several new stadiums that they would want to do another run of the regular sized stadiums and maybe a re-run of some of the discontinued models.

Ansky104
08-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Anyone ever seen Great American go for this much before? WOW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANBURY-MINT-GREAT-AMERICAN-BALL-PARK-CINNCINNATI-/130565701758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6652807e#ht_500wt_1413

Redszilla
08-28-2011, 05:16 PM
No, and it was both shocking and disappointing for me as a potential buyer. It should be noted that only two bidders were involved once the bidding topped $61, though, so I'm not ready to proclaim $305 as market value. One sold on ebay last year around Christmas for about $45-50, and I've been kicking myself ever since that I didn't start shopping for one until that auction had ended.

chek2002
08-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Does anybody have First Kickoff at Cowboys Stadium or Kinnick Stadium University of Iowa and looking to sell? I am also looking for the SkyDome and the Kingdome (Seattle Mariners baseball version). I would pay top dollar.

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/0B0/First-Kickoff-at-Cowboys-Stadium_8783-0048.aspx
http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/580/Iowa-Hawkeyes---Kinnick-Stadium_3040-0329.aspx
http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/FA0/Toronto-Blue-Jays---SkyDome_3045-0431.aspx

Ansky104
08-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah i got a Great American 3 months ago in a Buy it now for like 70 with shipping, which was why i was so shocked it went so high. Not ready to consider that the market price for one.

stadium_collector
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
The listing for the 48 Stadiums FINALLY SOLD!!! After listing several times at $5,000 he dropped his price and sold them for $2,750 plus $100 shipping. Just under $60 each which actually is not a bad price if its someone just starting out. Or even for someone that will resell the bulk of them just to get the ones they needed.

MontanaJim74
09-05-2011, 12:56 PM
they NEVER get discounted and NEVER get re-issued. If they no longer sell them on their site than ebay is your best bet.

actually, sometimes they take items off their website but them put them back on again. ive seen that with comerica park and lighted wrigley field and maybe others as well...

icee82
09-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow...that GABP stadium was sold for a lot of cash. I have one of those that I purchased when they were first released.

stadium_collector
09-05-2011, 06:40 PM
actually, sometimes they take items off their website but them put them back on again. ive seen that with comerica park and lighted wrigley field and maybe others as well...

hey jim, since you mentioned the lighted wrigley, do you know if there are 2 different versions of lighted wrigley replicas?

Ansky104
09-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Am I the only one that's kind of disgusted that people are trying to capitalize on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 by trying to make bank on the danbury mint WTCs? I've seen people posting them with buy it nows well over $100. There just seems like something wrong with the whole idea. As much as I'd love the stadiums to come back to the website, isn't this something that they should obviously still be producing? They can't use the same copy right BS excuse for the stadiums, and if they claim they made the originals to be part of a "limited line" isn't that almost saying that they're encouraging this? Doesn't seem right to me...

JohnCropp
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Am I the only one that's kind of disgusted that people are trying to capitalize on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 by trying to make bank on the danbury mint WTCs? I've seen people posting them with buy it nows well over $100. There just seems like something wrong with the whole idea. As much as I'd love the stadiums to come back to the website, isn't this something that they should obviously still be producing? They can't use the same copy right BS excuse for the stadiums, and if they claim they made the originals to be part of a "limited line" isn't that almost saying that they're encouraging this? Doesn't seem right to me...

Wait 'til you see how the NFL capitalizes-I-mean-memorializes the events of September 11th, 2001 this Sunday.

How much you wanna bet that there is an ad for "commemorative attire" during the first commercial break?

MontanaJim74
09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
hey jim, since you mentioned the lighted wrigley, do you know if there are 2 different versions of lighted wrigley replicas?

not that i know of. looks like the same one to me, same price etc. Jim

chek2002
09-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Does anybody have the Skydome - Toronto and looking to sell? I would be willing to pay $330 plus shipping for one. Mike

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/prod/FA0/Toronto-Blue-Jays---SkyDome_3045-0431.aspx

hamatosan
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
If any of you are looking for Opening Day at New Yankee Stadium, I just listed one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300599065371?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

johnnyutah
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Anyone have an extra Ford Field that they are looking to get rid of? I am a huge Lions fan and strongly hinted to my wife that it would be a good gift so I expected her to buy it for me. Well, itt is now sold out and my wife didn't deliver either.

Thanks.

MontanaJim74
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM

now that i think about it--yes there are two lighted wrigleys. one is deluxe, one is night game. i am 99.9% certain they are different models, and 99% certain the deluxe version is bigger and more detailed. I think they came out with the night version later. Probably comparable to deluxe yankee stadium and night game at yankee stadium.

MontanaJim74
09-17-2011, 05:05 PM
This website is for the company that appears to actually make the stadium replicas for the Danbury Mint:

http://www.lifeinscale.net/index.asp

mbme4
09-17-2011, 06:16 PM
This website is for the company that appears to actually make the stadium replicas for the Danbury Mint:

http://www.lifeinscale.net/index.asp Excellent find!!!!!!!!!!!

hamatosan
09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I just put some Enron Field/Minute Maid Park and Safeco Field up on ebay, if any of you are looking for them.

stadium_collector
09-20-2011, 09:25 AM
I just put some Enron Field/Minute Maid Park and Safeco Field up on ebay, if any of you are looking for them.

thats some creative bidding on the yankee stadium and the enron, same bidder in increments of $5 and $10.

stadium_collector
09-20-2011, 09:26 AM
now that i think about it--yes there are two lighted wrigleys. one is deluxe, one is night game. i am 99.9% certain they are different models, and 99% certain the deluxe version is bigger and more detailed. I think they came out with the night version later. Probably comparable to deluxe yankee stadium and night game at yankee stadium.

ok, i thought so, as i have 2 listed on my want list but i don't think i have ever seen the nightgame version.

mbme4
09-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Not Danbury Mint but it's the only one I've ever seen... Love it!

nathangordon
09-23-2011, 11:54 AM

http://www.lifeinscale.net/index.asp

Hello, I just received a reply from an individual from this company and he states that 'Please, address all your questions regarding sales to Danbury Mint. We are only developing the replicas.'

So, there we are then. Interesting find tho!

I had sent a message asking if I could purchase Citizens Bank Park and GABP from them. Thought it was worth a shot. Oh well...I'll have to wait until the prices of these stadiums goes down or until I have a lot more money to spend on this stuff.

icee82
09-25-2011, 10:41 AM
A nice Aud!!! I have never seen one of those by any organization. May I ask where you found that???

mbme4
09-25-2011, 12:01 PM
A nice Aud!!! I have never seen one of those by any organization. May I ask where you found that???I purchased it last week from the Buffalo Bison's online store for $19.99. There were more left as of then...

chek2002
09-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Anyone have or know where I could get a Chicago Stadium (Bulls), Boston Garden (Celtics), Skydome (Blue Jays) and Fenway Park - Deluxe Lighted Edition (Red Sox). I would pay top dollar.

Ansky104
10-01-2011, 06:54 PM
A skydome just got posted on eBay. I'm not willing to pay that much personally, but its there for 350 OBO

stadium_collector
10-01-2011, 07:23 PM
A skydome just got posted on eBay. I'm not willing to pay that much personally, but its there for 350 OBO

Already sold for $325, less than 15 minutes. Did you also see the PNC and the Kaufmann go for over $310 each?

Ansky104
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I was monitoring both. Seems to be around the average for those two nowadays. If you get 2 crazy bidders it can go higher, or you might be able to get them ~200. I was lucky to get PNC last January for only $85 w/ no box. That's not happening anymore. I've gotten a few "steals" in the last year (Gillette for 60, GABP for 55) but it's becoming harder and harder to get bargains on these. For the rare ones, anything under 200 has to feel like a victory.

Ansky104
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Minus Trop for 6.5K... wow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseball-Stadium-Replica-Collection-Includes-55-Total-Danbury-Mint-Stadiums-/320769426778?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item4aaf59055a#ht_500wt_1413

stadium_collector
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Minus Trop for 6.5K... wow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseball-Stadium-Replica-Collection-Includes-55-Total-Danbury-Mint-Stadiums-/320769426778?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item4aaf59055a#ht_500wt_1413

actually minus tropicana, braves field and kingdome.

djudemiller
10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
actually minus tropicana, braves field and kingdome.

Oh and notice that it's from a seller with a 1 rating.
Buyer beware.