PDA

View Full Version : Braves Trade For Nate Mclouth

CROM
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Busy day for the Bravos..

I believe we gave up Locke, Morton and Hernandez.. I like this trade...

We also released Glavine and called up Hanson.. We are not standing pat at least!

chip&smoltz95
06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
busy day for the Bravos..

I believe we gave up Locke, Morton and Hernandez.. I like this trade...

We also released Glavine and called up Hanson.. We are standing pat at least!

where did you see they called up hanson? who is being sent down? DFA for bennet?

CROM
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
They announced the Hanson call up on MLB network. They said that he is set to start on Saturday against the Brewers..

chip&smoltz95
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
They announced the Hanson call up on MLB network. They said that he is set to start on Saturday against the Brewers..

wow! so is medlen going to the pen? or back down?

CROM
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
From ESPN

"A couple of top prospects were also affected by Wednesday's flurry of activity. The Braves will call up top pitching prospect Tommy Hanson to throw on Saturday, while the Pirates will give up-and-coming minor leaguer Andrew McCutcheon a chance to play in Pittsburgh."

Ontarioguy
06-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Hanson throws Saturday, Medlen goes to the Pen, according to Wren on Peachtree TV right now.

SamtheBravesFan
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Wish the Braves won, it would have made it a perfect day.

Still, the future looks pretty rosy now!

jwkfs
06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I can totally understand bringing up Hanson to replace Glavine. Hanson is going to be around for a while and Glavine is on the down side of his career.

Look, I was never a big Glavine fan, what with the union stuff and heading to the Mets, but I can't help but feel this was a low blow to Glavine; he had been rehabing all season and was set to join the team and start next week after some nice performances in AAA.

Looking forward to seeing Hanson at least!

Atlanta Braves Freak
06-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I can totally understand bringing up Hanson to replace Glavine. Hanson is going to be around for a while and Glavine is on the down side of his career.

Look, I was never a big Glavine fan, what with the union stuff and heading to the Mets, but I can't help but feel this was a low blow to Glavine; he had been rehabing all season and was set to join the team and start next week after some nice performances in AAA.

Looking forward to seeing Hanson at least!
It definitely seems like a low blow, he was ready to start. But, on bright side the team was willing to move forward and allow are up and comers have a chance. I hate to see Glavine have his career end like this though.

chip&smoltz95
06-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Wish the Braves won, it would have made it a perfect day.

Still, the future looks pretty rosy now!

yea, to be honest I think this gives the braves a good chance to win this year and an outstanding chance next year.

edit: i am really starting to like the way mr. wren goes about his business.