X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leecemark
    • Apr 2004

Interested in joining our league?

--Like to be a part of BBF's premeire historical sim league? The CKL grew out of a series of different themed historical leagues. The first season of the CKL was the 4th DiamondMind (our game engine) Classic League. It is a 12 team league which started with a draft of all players from the 1961 season. We have 9 active owners, with the A's, Phillies and Senators being left intact as computer managed as "designated doormats"
    --The doormats will stay in business for three seasons. After the 1963 season they will be disbanded and replaced by 3 expansion teams for 1964. We will need 3 new owners and are looking to find some good BBF members ahead of time. We are currently in the 1961-62 offseason. We're on pace to play 3 seasons per year so you'd get your opportunity sometime in the 2006-07 offseason in real time. You'd also have first chance at taking over an existing team if we lose an owner (everybody is back for 1962 though).
    --There are no league fees and you don't have to buy anything to participate. All you need to is to be a regular BBF member (who checks in near daily) and have an interest in baseball history. You can find almost anything you'd like to know about the league here in our sub-forum
    --If interested please PM me with any questions. Once accepted as an owner in waiting you'd be encouraged to participate in rules discussions, award voting or any other league business that may come up.
  • leecemark
    • Apr 2004

Owners in waiting

--Wamby and runningshoes have thrown their hats in the ring so far. We have at least three spots to fill and they won't be locked in for awhile yet. We'd like to have at least four interested parties lined up. When the time comes to award teams, participation as an owner in waiting will be the top criteria.
    Last edited by leecemark; 03-13-2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Wasp
      • Jul 2005

I'd like to take a stab at running a team. Now that I'm back on the forums, I'll be here most likely every day.
      :crossfingers:

Comment

• catcher24
        The Tools of Ignorance
        • Feb 2004

Wasp - Keep an eye on the league. It will be a few months (finish of the '62 season replay, and then the '63 season replay) before we expand, but when we do we'll need at least three new managers. And younever know if someone might drop out. BTW, if you're interested, our league website is here
        You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Francoeurstein
          Braves Mod
          • Aug 2005

I'm interested.
          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• catcher24
            The Tools of Ignorance
            • Feb 2004

HankAaron86 - Please see my reply to wasp, just above your post. It'll be awhile, but eventually we will be looking.
            You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• leecemark
              • Apr 2004

--Please tell us a little about yourself as well. We are taking applications early so we can select the owners who are going to bring the most to the league. You need to be a regular poster at BBF, who we can hopefully count on for the long haul and have some knowlege of baseball history (or the willingness and time to learn) at least back to the 60s. We want new owners who are going to make us work for our wins .

Comment

• Francoeurstein
                Braves Mod
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by leecemark
                --Please tell us a little about yourself as well. We are taking applications early so we can select the owners who are going to bring the most to the league. You need to be a regular poster at BBF, who we can hopefully count on for the long haul and have some knowlege of baseball history (or the willingness and time to learn) at least back to the 60s. We want new owners who are going to make us work for our wins .
                Well I'm 11, and I post about 10 posts per day. I know a little about the 60's history, I usually stick around current events. But I am definetly willing to learn about the 60's.

Comment

• reds2221
                  • May 2006

I am also interested.

I am a baseball nut who lives for baseball. I just joined here but I can tell that I will be posting often. I am a big reds fan and love learning about the old teams of the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

Comment

• leecemark
                    • Apr 2004

--Welcome to BBF. Hope you enjoy it here. There is some great baseball discussion. A brand new member isn't exactly what we're looking for, but we've got some time before we select our expansion owners so if you stick around we'll keep you in mind.
                    --For everyone who has expressed interest, please familiarize yourself with the rules of our league and, in particular, with the rules for expansion. You'll have to be interested in the long term for this really be fun for you. The expansion teams are very unlikely to be competive in their first year (and probably not for several seasons).

Comment

• catcher24
                      The Tools of Ignorance
                      • Feb 2004

League Web Site

For those interested in joining, take a look at our web site, located HERE . The link at the bottom will take you to the rules, and you can check out all the team rosters, game scores, etc.

Comment

• Francoeurstein
                        Braves Mod
                        • Aug 2005

Looks interesting, I would be very, very thankful to be in this league.

Comment

• leecemark
                          • Apr 2004

--You are a leading contender for one of our expansion teams in "1964". WE might even have an opening for the 63 season, although I hope everyone will be back.

Comment

• Francoeurstein
                            Braves Mod
                            • Aug 2005

Thanks Mark!!!

Comment

• catcher24
                              The Tools of Ignorance
                              • Feb 2004

Wait a minute, Mark. Is this a setup? This guy is going to help you continue your powerhouse, right?

Just kidding, HankAaron86. Sounds like you're interested, and having someone interested and willing to spend the time necessary to really compete is important. No, wait a minute, I spend hours on this and have the second worst record......

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X