Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1006

Thread: Tropicana Field / Thunderdome / Florida Suncoast Dome

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by efin98 View Post
    I give up, you clearly won't see past your own fandom...
    It's nothing to do with "fandom". You said something that was demonstrably wrong. I correct you. The end.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Revere, MA
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by zengator View Post
    It's nothing to do with "fandom". You said something that was demonstrably wrong. I correct you. The end.
    I give up. I serious give up. Keep ignoring the rest of the year if you want, we will see at the end of the year if they could sustain the 30,000 per game or if I was right and they are still averaging 21,000 per game despite the successful month.
    Best posts ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by efin98 View Post
    I give up. I serious give up. Keep ignoring the rest of the year if you want, we will see at the end of the year if they could sustain the 30,000 per game or if I was right and they are still averaging 21,000 per game despite the successful month.

    Way to move home plate there, bro. You said "15,000 - 20,000" in your original post; now your Arbitrary Number of Judgement is 21K. I looked it up.

    But in any case, the Rays will average above 21K/per for the remainder of the season, imo.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Revere, MA
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by zengator View Post
    Way to move home plate there, bro. You said "15,000 - 20,000" in your original post; now your Arbitrary Number of Judgement is 21K. I looked it up.

    But in any case, the Rays will average above 21K/per for the remainder of the season, imo.
    If you can't do simple math when the numbers are provided for you then I'm sorry for you but the fact is they are averaging 21,000 fans for the year regardless of the June upswing.
    Last edited by efin98; 07-03-2008 at 06:34 AM.
    Best posts ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    628

    kinda funny, actually

    Quote Originally Posted by efin98 View Post
    If you can't do simple math when the numbers are provided for you then I'm sorry for you but the fact is they are averaging 21,000 fans for the year regardless of the June upswing.
    Ok, last time. You keep changing your point. Let's recap:

    Your 1st post: the Rays don't need all the seats in the Trop since "Attendance is still below 15,000-20,000 for the big majority of games"


    My reply: Actually, they're averaging well over that over the past month. Here are the numbers... ###



    Your 2nd post: I said for the whole season. And they don't / won't draw very well against the weaker teams.


    My 2nd reply: You said "still", not all season. And they have drawn well against weaker teams. Here are the numbers... ###


    Your latest posts: You are a homer. Clearly, I said that the average for the season in 21K.


    My reply: Um, that's not what you said. In any case, that average will continue to increase.


    Your next post??? LIKE I KEEP SAYING, THE SKY IS BLUE!!! STOP DENYING IT, YOU HOMER!
    Last edited by zengator; 07-03-2008 at 07:04 AM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SE KENTUCKY
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by efin98 View Post
    Attendance is still below 15,000-20,000 for the big majority of games so there isn't a need yet to open up those seats until the demand holds on...
    Why not at least remove them for the high demand games? A sale is a sale.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by zengator View Post
    But in any case, the Rays will average above 21K/per for the remainder of the season, imo.
    If the Rays are still at or near the top of the AL East in mid-August (or even at or near the top the race for the wild card), almost all home games will be in the very high 20,000s to 30,000s. I'm willing to bet good money on it.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Why not at least remove them for the high demand games? A sale is a sale.
    I agree with this. They'd have to be really cheap, tho, since the view is bad and you need your mountain climbing gear to get up there.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,715
    Blog Entries
    1
    The game last night was boring up until the 7th last night. I thought it was funny the family next to us left at the 7th inning stretch, I bet they are kicking themselves now!

    The only issue I had was we got the cheap 14 dollar seats at the top behind home plate to spend more money on food. But man the people up there were annoying drunk people who didn't know anything about baseball they just liked booing manny. The best part was when they played sweet carolina right after we won!
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by zengator View Post
    fwiw, the Lightning still hold the NHL record for (indoor) single-game attendence.
    because they also have the most seats. Also, how many times have they sold out? You guys gave away free beer during the cup run to get people to watch it. There's also no exposure which is why the lightning are hampering the NHL and fricken them over.The lighnting are garbage and should be moved to somewhere that cares.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    The best part was when they played sweet carolina right after we won!
    Because being totally classless is what we should strive for in an organization.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3and0 View Post
    because they also have the most seats. Also, how many times have they sold out? You guys gave away free beer during the cup run to get people to watch it. There's also no exposure which is why the lightning are hampering the NHL and fricken them over.The lighnting are garbage and should be moved to somewhere that cares.
    Any chance we get this thread back on topic, or what? What about proposals to make the Trop a decent place, i.e. new methods of replacing the dome portion?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    Because being totally classless is what we should strive for in an organization.
    You've got to admit, though, that the Sox have done a pretty good job in totally driving that song into the ground.

    Any chance we get this thread back on topic, or what? What about proposals to make the Trop a decent place, i.e. new methods of replacing the dome portion?
    If it could be done, I'd love to see it be done--take off the roof and the cement wall behind the outfield seats, perhaps replace it with a retractable roof. You'd actually have a pretty decent ballpark a la Kauffman Stadium with a view of downtown St. Pete and Tampa Bay in the distance.

    But the question is: would that be engineerable and feasible? Given that I'm not an engineer, I can't say for sure. I've heard from some that it would be more difficult and costly than you might initially think.
    Last edited by PeteU; 07-07-2008 at 09:59 AM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    You've got to admit, though, that the Sox have done a pretty good job in totally driving that song into the ground.
    I'm a sox fan, I can't go to any baseball game without hearing it now. Indie leagues, low-single A, it's freaking everywhere. I'm totally sick of it, but being taunted by team who has existed mostly on Sox/Yankees fans visiting the Trop is pretty messed up.

    If it could be done, I'd love to see it be done--take off the roof and the cement wall behind the outfield seats, perhaps replace it with a retractable roof. You'd actually have a pretty decent ballpark a la Kauffman Stadium with a view of downtown St. Pete and Tampa Bay in the distance.

    But the question is: would that be engineerable and feasible? Given that I'm not an engineer, I can't say for sure. I've heard from some that it would be more difficult and costly than you might initially think.
    If they were able to do:

    http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...astadion.shtml

    to the much older Olympiastadion Berlin, and this:

    http://www.stadia.gr/oaka/oakaworks.html

    for the Athens olympic games, I figure they can attach a cloth roof to the Trop.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by 3and0 View Post
    because they also have the most seats. Also, how many times have they sold out? You guys gave away free beer during the cup run to get people to watch it. There's also no exposure which is why the lightning are hampering the NHL and fricken them over.The lightning are garbage and should be moved to somewhere that cares.
    How do you know what exposure the Lightning has in the Tampa Bay area? Are you a frequent visitor, follow them online through the newspapers or get the St. Pete Times and Tampa Tribune delivered to you? If no, your point is moot and you don't know what you are talking about. You are probably just still stewing about the Lightning winning the 2004 Cup over the Flames.

    You don't win the Stanley Cup with a garbage team.

    Explain how the Lightning is hampering the NHL any more than the Nashville Predators and the other 21 franchises in 2007-2008 that had lower home attendance than the Lightning did?
    Home attendance.

    The Lightning was 12th in Overall Attendance in 2007-2008 season.
    Overall Attendance

    So lets move those 22 franchises that "are garbage" and had lower attendance in 2007-2008 to "some place that cares".

    Get your facts straight before popping off.
    Last edited by Florida White Sox; 07-07-2008 at 01:25 PM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,715
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    Because being totally classless is what we should strive for in an organization.
    By no means do I consider this one thing as classless. After years of having red sox fans sing sweet carolina , chant for their team, and making us the butt of jokes all at our own stadium; it was nice to give them a taste of their own medicine.

    Now we all know how red sox fans can be, thats why I don't feel bad acting like to them. But we don't do it to other teams like the royals, astros, and cubs who were just hear. I seriously don't consider this one incident a cause for alarm on how tacky our fans might act in general.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
    By no means do I consider this one thing as classless. After years of having red sox fans sing sweet carolina , chant for their team, and making us the butt of jokes all at our own stadium; it was nice to give them a taste of their own medicine.

    Now we all know how red sox fans can be, thats why I don't feel bad acting like to them. But we don't do it to other teams like the royals, astros, and cubs who were just hear. I seriously don't consider this one incident a cause for alarm on how tacky our fans might act in general.
    Because your team has been completely unable and disinterested in filling their own stadium, they should be taunted? Seriously, I would love to know what percentage of the Rays' operating budget comes from people with no interest in the Rays.

    I should be happier for the Rays, but between this crap and the "Dr. Stat" BS I'm more and more convinced the Rays should've been moved to another city years ago.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    I should be happier for the Rays, but between this crap and the "Dr. Stat" BS I'm more and more convinced the Rays should've been moved to another city years ago.
    Well, that isn't going to happen until 2027 or something, so do yourself, and us a favor and just get over it, because the Rays aren't going to move. You will be a lot happier.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    Because your team has been completely unable and disinterested in filling their own stadium, they should be taunted? Seriously, I would love to know what percentage of the Rays' operating budget comes from people with no interest in the Rays.

    I should be happier for the Rays, but between this crap and the "Dr. Stat" BS I'm more and more convinced the Rays should've been moved to another city years ago.
    I can honestly say that having either a Yankees or Red Sox fan lecture another team's fans on class is about as appropriate as having Marlon Brando lecture someone on healthy eating.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
    I can honestly say that having either a Yankees or Red Sox fan lecture another team's fans on class is about as appropriate as having Marlon Brando lecture someone on healthy eating.
    High five?

    Really, anybody who complains about the Rays being "classless" to those poor Redsox fans must not have endured the arrogant hordes that have descended upon St. Pete like a swarm of red-clad locusts for the past decade-plus. If they can't take a little, they shouldn't have dished it out all those years.

    Anyway, the Rays will be here for the long haul. They will get a new stadium built somewhere in the Tampa Bay area, though not as quickly and probably not in the same waterfront location as first proposed (which is a shame, imo).

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    Because your team has been completely unable and disinterested in filling their own stadium, they should be taunted? Seriously, I would love to know what percentage of the Rays' operating budget comes from people with no interest in the Rays.

    I tire of this argument because it has no bearing on all of us who have rooted for the Rays since the beginning. What you're saying is, me, as a diehard Rays fan, should kiss your feet for buying tickets to come to my team's games, right? You're basically telling me that even though your obnoxious brethren, who have held brooms and beers and spit on our faces for 5 years (because before '04 nobody down here cared about the Sox either), have mocked my beloved team forever, I should be thanking them for coming to the games?




    You're out of your friggin mind.


    Since almost nobody in Tampa who roots for the Red Sox now neither rooted for them before '04 nor has any ties to Boston or the New England area, I'm going to rub it all over their faces when we dominate them in our house and in the standings. I'm going to watch them grovel and writhe while our foot is on their necks. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

    Consider it payback for years of bandwagon fans ruining whatever image your fans had.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •