Thread: Congratulations Rangers!

Thumbs up Congratulations Rangers!

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers (And their long-suffering fans) for FINALLY making it to the fall classic 49 years after the inception of the franchise!

I grew up with the expansion Senators and while Washington has the Nationals now I was rooting for the Rangers in the post season. Good luck versus whoever you face in the World Series!
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

OK Rangers... its the Giants. Sick em'!!

Go Ronnie, Go!!

So where is everyone?

After leaving San Francisco with an 0-2 deficit in the World Series, the franchise won its first-ever Series game tonight by the score of 4-2!

Checking out the Rangers website, the only remaining connection I can find between the expansion Washington Senators and the Texas Rangers is Rangers television announcer Tom Grieve who played in 47 games for the expansion Senators in 1970 and for the Rangers from 1972 through 1977.

Tom Grieve career record

Am I overlooking anyone?
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Congratulations to the Rangers for a successful season and the AL Championship. And congrats to Ron Washington for the reward of a two-year contract extension.

an apology to the rangers fans here that it took this long for a giants fan to acknowledge their terrific 2010 season.
    congratulations, and best to you next season.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury