Thread: Halloween at the Hall O' Fame

Halloween at the Hall O' Fame

I'm dragging my kids out of bed in the morning for a little Halloween fun with the Reds...

On Saturday, Oct. 30th, all children wearing a Halloween costume will receive free admission to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum, when accompanied by a paying adult. Kids will receive a goodie bag with a Hall of Fame mini bat and candy, and the first 40 kids will get a free Reds batting helmet. Hours for the "Halloween at the HOF" are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Regularly priced admission is $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors. Active military and veterans receive 50% off regular admission and children 4 and younger are free.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a few former players there. Leo Cardenas always seems to pop up at events like this.

Well, we went and had fun (always do), but I guess I expected more. The kids each got a bag of candy, mini-bat and plastic batting helmet. There were no other decorations for Halloween at all...maybe I shouldn't have expected anything like that. They do have the new plaques on display in the Hall for Sabo, Borbon, and Mullane...I hadn't seen them hanging before today. And a few of the minor exhibits have changed; the Dummy Hoy exhibit is now a Louisville Slugger lesson, and there was another change that I can't recall now.