Thread: Jay pick up option on Jose Molina

Jay pick up option on Jose Molina

Brandon Morrow can sleep easier this off-season. I think having Molina around in 2011 is a good idea.
    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

I agree. He is a good veteran presence for the young pitching staff. While he would also be useful in helping Arencibia along, I'd still prefer that the Blue Jays bring another veteran catcher in during the off-season. This is insurance policy in case Arencibia doesn't come along as he ought to as Molina wouldn't be an every day option either.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaysfan View Post
    I agree. He is a good veteran presence for the young pitching staff. While he would also be useful in helping Arencibia along, I'd still prefer that the Blue Jays bring another veteran catcher in during the off-season. This is insurance policy in case Arencibia doesn't come along as he ought to as Molina wouldn't be an every day option either.
    I would really like to see that Jays give Arencibia a good long look in 2011. He has earned that. If he is faltering by mid to late May, I would say bring another catcher in.
    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

The fact is that we know what Arencibia's capable of, shown in his MLB debut. Even though he did awful after that, there is obvious potential. Jays would be dumb not to get him for 2011.

I don't know where John Buck is going, but if he goes, we need another catcher like Veritek or Mauer

Nice to see Molina back. I really like the idea of having a defensive minded catcher as the back-up, a reason why I liked Raul Chavez the year before. I fully expect Arencibia to be the starting catcher next year, catching 4 out of every 5 games