Thread: Cubs reportedly get Garza

Cubs reportedly get Garza

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/32026...ort-staff.html

So considering this to be an actual done deal, what do you think about this trade? I see some prospects were given up who may have been nice players in the future. I thought these guys didn't want to compete for a few years?

If it in fact goes thru, it does seem to be a good deal on the short-term. Such a large payroll rather promts one to display a desire to win here and now, methinx.
    Would you start Garza head of Silva in the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowanic View Post
    If it in fact goes thru, it does seem to be a good deal on the short-term. Such a large payroll rather promts one to display a desire to win here and now, methinx.
    Would you start Garza head of Silva in the rotation?
    I would start Garza as my 2 or 3. Silva is a 4 or 5. Garza has 3 years on his contract before any negotiations need to take place, AFAIK.

Blog Entries
    I hope the prospects don't pan out because if even one of them does this will look like an awful trade. That was an awful lot to get for a middle of the rotations pitcher.

I read that only archer is a real top prospect. usually only one in 10 prospects or so really have an impact in the show so that might look worse than it is.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Blog Entries
    Well, the Cubs sent off 4 so the odds of the Cubs sending off an impact player just jumped dramatically. The Rays are not the Pirates, they know what they are doing. There are two teams I don't like the Cubs trading with and they are both in Florida.

We gave up way too much on this deal, three of our top ten prospects for a midrotation starter. Losing Archer is one thing as we have McNutt and Carpenter as similar pitchers. But to give up Lee could turn into a huge mistake as he fields short beautifully and has speed the organization hasn't had in years. The biggest question mark is who the pitcher is in the Cubs get in return as it is speculated to be a lefty.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

I didn't like the trade when it happened and I still don't like it after much reflection. They simply gave up too much for a mediocre pitcher.
    RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).