Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 IP Success Thread

Tonight, the Ducks vs. Lancaster
    Ducks side again
    Tom Pennino 5x7 Ducks custom, Long Island product
    Ehren Wasserman 8x10, Ehren has pitched in the Bigs for the White Sox
    Kevin Baez 1 card. Kevin is currently the Ducks Manager. He played for the Mets in the 90's
    Lew Ford 1 card, Lew played for the Twins
    Joselo Diaz 8x10, Pitched for the Royals
    Duaner Sanchez 8x10, Duaner pitched for the Pirates, Dodgers, Mets and Padreas

Oh and another thing. I do not suggest buying the Silver Paint pen made by Sharpie.
    I bought it yesterday and made sure it worked before I left for the game. Went to get my Ruddy Lugo GUed jersey to sign. I took the top off to give him the pen and the tip falls out. I felt like an idiot. I had no other silver pens on me. He told me he would sign it when I get a new pen.

As of 5/11/12 3610 Autographs and Growing!! 3117 of which are Baseball!
    105 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
    http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
    Check out my new Blog
    www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Tonight after the Ducks played the Somerset Patriots
    Mike Parisi 1 card, Mike pitched for the Cardinals, Long Island product
    Jason Anderson 8x10, Pitched for the Yankees and Mets.
    Joe Holden 8x10, Played in the Mets system
    Josh Pressley 2 cards, Josh has played in the Rays, Mets, Royals, Marlins, Cards and Red Sox system making it as high as AAA
    Matt Hagen 1 card, Has played in the Mariners and Padreas system
    Justin Huber 2 cards, Justin has played for the Royals, Twins and Padreas and was once a Mets prospect

Former Reds Norris Hopper and Scott Williamson blew us off

Check out my new Blog

Nabbed Kyle McCulloch on one card and Cody Puckett on three cards before the Carolina Mudcats and Tennessee Smokies Southern League game. On a down note, Aroldis Chapman was not signing anything for anyone before the game and Mariano Duncan did not sign either. I was actually there for Duncan so that was a real bummer!

Just came home from a 2 day trip. Yesterday I went to see the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs play the Louisville Bats in Allentown, PA
    The main reason for going was to get Ryne Sanberg, He is great!! He signs down the 3rd base line and does 2 per. I got him on a OMLB on the SS and he added HOF 2005. Didn't even have ask. Then I got him on an 8x10. I couldn't get over how relaxing it was when he was signing. No pushing and shoving. After getting Sandberg and being ingnored by Mayberry I decided to head over to the Bats side hoping to get a few of there prospects. I was able to get Devin Mesoraco on a OMLB SS, he is the top ranked catching prospect in the Reds system and was the 2007 1st rounder and Yonder Alonso ignored us. I figured i would get everyone else after the game. The game went 13 innings, 7 of which it rained. It stopped just as the game ended and 5 minutes after getting to the area where the visiting team bus was it started pouring again. So, I left with 2 auto's.

Today i went to Lakewood NJ hoping to get Bryce Harper, after missing out last time. I went to all the right places and still got Shutout. Bryce did NOT sign for anyone.
    I did get Jesse Biddle, OMLB SS, Jesse was the Phillies 1st rounder in 2010. He was charting the game in the stands behind the plate. Also behind the plate was a group of scouts. Along with Pat Gillick, Mr. Gillick is best known as the GM of the Blue Jays that Won the 92 and 93 World Series, he later went on the be the GM for the Mariners and most recently the Phillies. He is now an advisor for the team. He signed a OMLB on the SS and added HOF 2011 without asking.
    Also got A.J. Cole on 2 8x10's, A.J. is listed on Baseball America as the Nationals Top pitching prospect. The wierd thing is that Stasberg is not on the list.
    As always, I met a bunch a real nice graphers.

Check out my new Blog

This is not an IP success but an IP failure...twice. I was turned down by Mariano Duncan who is with the Smokies this season...before the game on Friday and after the game today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by howiek View Post
    Just came home from a 2 day trip. Yesterday I went to see the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs play the Louisville Bats in Allentown, PA
    The main reason for going was to get Ryne Sanberg, He is great!! He signs down the 3rd base line and does 2 per. I got him on a OMLB on the SS and he added HOF 2005. Didn't even have ask. Then I got him on an 8x10. I couldn't get over how relaxing it was when he was signing. No pushing and shoving. After getting Sandberg and being ingnored by Mayberry I decided to head over to the Bats side hoping to get a few of there prospects. I was able to get Devin Mesoraco on a OMLB SS, he is the top ranked catching prospect in the Reds system and was the 2007 1st rounder and Yonder Alonso ignored us. I figured i would get everyone else after the game. The game went 13 innings, 7 of which it rained. It stopped just as the game ended and 5 minutes after getting to the area where the visiting team bus was it started pouring again. So, I left with 2 auto's.
    Sandberg was great during ST. He'd sign; he'd tell people that he'd be glad to after the the AAA game was done. He does add "HOF '05" without being asked. I waited until the minor league ST started before I got him; less of a mob scene.

Strange about Mayberry; he seemed pretty friendly during ST.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

At my summer SABR meeting at McCoy Stadium (home of the AAA Pawtucket Red Sox) I got Pawsox manager Arnie Beyeler, hitting coach Chili Davis, and guest speaker and former Sox pitcher Brian Rose.
    Visit my new card scan site at Baseball Card Scans.

View my autograph collection at Mike D's TTM Page.

Went to the Braves/Rangers game in atlanta for fathers day. It was alumni weekend and I was able to get Johnny Estrada, Sid Bream, and Gaylord Perry all on cards and on a Braves Scrollart I made. While walking to our seats Brian Jordan was doing his show (Braves Live) before the game, after his segment was done he signed for several of us there so I was able to get him on the scrollart and on a blank autograph card. After the game my daughter and I graphed the parking lot, scott Linebrink signed for the kids that was out there so we didnt get him, Jordan Schaefer signed for about 5 or 6 and left, Martin Prado signed for everyone that was out there and took time to talk to everyone, he even gave his wristbands to one of the guys that was there. Very Classy of him

Tonight Brooklyn Cyclones(Mets) vs. Aberdeen Ironbirds(Orioles)

I do my typical Logo sheet for SS (A). I missed 5 players. I did get the following:

Brandon Brown
    J.B. Brown
    Richard Lucas
    Daniel Muno, 2011 8th Rd
    Ismael Tijerina
    Luke Stewart
    Chase Greene
    Charley Thurber, 2011 39th Rd.
    Bob Malek (Coach)
    Nelfi Zapata
    Amauris Valdez
    Juan Torres
    Dylan Brown
    Orlando Tovar
    Travis Taijeron, 2011 18th Rd
    T.J. Chism
    Jeremy Gould
    Marco Camarena
    Guilllaume Leduc
    Eduardo Aldama
    Steven Winnick
    Tyson Seng, 2011 33rd Rd.
    Randy Fontanez, 2011 27th Rd.
    Casey Hauptman, 2011 28th Rd.

Frank Viola OMLB SS, Mr. Viola is the Cyclones Pitching Coach

It was Angel Pagan Bobblehead Day, Angel was there and signed a for a few people. But, I was not in the right place, Oh Well
    Last edited by howiek; 06-20-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Check out my new Blog

How was Viola about signing? I'm going tonight. Where in the park did you get him?
    Baseball Happenings
    - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
    http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

I had heard some not so good stories about Viola. But, he seemed nice. He was walking from the bullpen to the dugout before the game after working with the starting pitcher along the 1st base side. If not I'm sure you can get him after the game as the players leave.
    They had there Monday night autograph session after the game and the coaches did not participate.

Check out my new Blog

Went to Isotopes Park this morning and on Tuesday night and pretty much got all the Isotope players and coaches. I also got Johnathan Broxton (woo hoo!) I'll probably be going back on 7/9 when Nashville comes to town.

Tonight I went the Ducks game, they played the Camden Riversharks. Great game, Ducks won with the bases loaded in the bottom of 9th. Well anyway, I got
    Brian Burgamy, 1 card, Mets and Pads farmhand
    Jay Marshall, 2 cards, Former Athletic
    Josh Towers, 3 Cards, Former Jay and Orioles
    Drew Macias, 1 Card. Former Padre
    Danny Richar 8x10, Former White Sox
    Pedro Feliz 8x10. Pedro blew us off before the game. But, was pretty nice before getting on the bus.
    Toby Hall GU Devil Rays Jersey Vest
    Last edited by howiek; 06-23-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Check out my new Blog

A couple of Reds over the weekend. Pete Rose on a 16 X 20 photograph of his first major league game in gray paint pen. Johnny Cueto on the side panel of an OMLB in blue ink before the Reds-Orioles game at Orioles Park at Camden Yards.

Tonight the Ducks played the York Revolution
    I got,
    Jack Spradlin 8x10 and 1 card, Jack is a former Nationals farmhand, has reached AAA
    Octavio Martinez and Scott Grimes 8x10
    Chris Nowak 1 card, played in the Rays and Brewers system and has reaching AAA
    James Shanks 2 cards, has played in the Royals and Marlins system and has reached AAA
    Matt Desalvo 2 cards, has pitched for the Yankees and Braves. Suprised that he did not personalize
    John Van Benschoten 2 cards, has pitched for the Pirates
    Val Majewski 2 cards, had a 9 game stint in 04 with the Orioles

Check out my new Blog

Didn't get a chance to post last week: Got Earl Weaver on an O's hat and '86 Topps. It was at the South Atlantic League All-Star game in Salisbury, MD. Good times!

Weaver is a good one to get. Did Bryce Harper sign? Did you get him? I wanted to take the 6 hour ride. But, couldn't go.

Check out my new Blog

They had all the all-stars at tables signing for a period of time. I was in that line for awhile, but when I discovered it was separate from the Earl Weaver line, I bailed to line up for Weaver. So yes, Harper was signing there with all the others. It would've been really cool to get that one, but had to make a tough choice.

Wise choice, Weaver is a HOFer and getting up in age. Harper is not proven yet

Check out my new Blog

Tonight I went to the Brooklyn Cyclones vs. Staten Island Yankees. It rained for most of the beginning of the game. So, no auto's before the game.
    After the games as the players where coming out. I started my Baby Bombers Logo sheet. I can't get over the number of players on this roster. Got to be more than 30.
    I was able to get:
    Zachary Arneson
    Caleb Cotham
    Dustin Hobbs
    Bryan Mitchell
    Vidal Nuno
    William Oliver
    Benjamin Gamel
    Cody Grice
    Ty Hawkins (Coach)
    Branden Pinder
    Mike Recchia
    Matt Richardson
    Philip Wetherell
    Jhorge Liccien
    Ali Castillo
    Cito Culver
    Angelo Gumbs
    Casey Stevenson
    Fred Lewis

So, 19 to start not bad.

Then I only needed 5 players for the Cyclones Logo sheet, then they added 3. I added
    Hunter Carnevale
    Carlos Vazquez.
    I was hoping to start my Shea Stadium seat back. But, missed Frank Viola

Check out my new Blog

I nabbed Brandon Gomes on an 8 X 11 photograph in blue Sharpie and Jake McGee on a 2008 Tristar Projections baseball card in blue Sharpie after the Gwinnett Braves and Durham Bulls baseball game. Got Desmond Jennings last night for a boardie and he is 1 per again this year. I had not graphed him this season because I already had him on several things.

The original plan was to go to Lakewood again for another shot at Harper. For some reason I decided to look at Hagertowns website just before i was to leave. Good thing. If i would have driven 2.5 hrs and found out he had gotten promoted i would have been pissed. So, I decided to head to Staten Island and check off another new minor league park from my list of parks I been to. The Baby Bombers are playing a home at home series with the Brooklyn Cyclones. so, i added to the Logo sheet i had started last night. I got:
    Brett Gerritse
    Danny Borrell
    Robert Paullus
    Richard Rinnard
    Mason Williams
    Zachery Wilson
    Wes Wilson
    Matthew Tracy
    Reymond Nunez

I'm still missing 6 Baby Bombers, I'll head back there maybe 1 or 2 more times this year.

Also got Mason Williams on a 2011 Bowman Chrome
    Cito Culver SS OMLB, 2010 1st Rounder

Since I never got Harper with Hagerstown. I guess I will give him a shot in Harrisburg. Its about 4.5 hrs away. I'll have to look at the schedule and see if he will be in Trenton or New Britain. Hopefully I will get him this year.
    Last edited by howiek; 07-04-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Check out my new Blog

Quote Originally Posted by howiek View Post
    The original plan was to go to Lakewood again for another shot at Harper. For some reason I decided to look at Hagertowns website just before i was to leave. Good thing. If i would have driven 2.5 hrs and found out he had gotten promoted i would have been pissed. So, I decided to head to Staten Island and check off another new minor league park from my list of parks I been to. The Baby Bombers are playing a home at home series with the Brooklyn Cyclones. so, i added to the Logo sheet i had started last night. I got:
    Brett Gerritse
    Danny Borrell
    Robert Paullus
    Richard Rinnard
    Mason Williams
    Zachery Wilson
    Wes Wilson
    Matthew Tracy
    Reymond Nunez

I'm still missing 6 Baby Bombers, I'll head back there maybe 1 or 2 more times this year.

Also got Mason Williams on a 2011 Bowman Chrome
    Cito Culver SS OMLB, 2010 1st Rounder

Since I never got Harper with Hagerstown. I guess I will give him a shot in Harrisburg. Its about 4.5 hrs away. I'll have to look at the schedule and see if he will be in Trenton or New Britain. Hopefully I will get him this year.
    Check this out: I bought tickets to see Harper play with Potomac in Frederick this Thursday--a 3.5 hour drive. And he gets promoted yesterday! Sigh.

What made you buy tickets for Potomac? Was there a word that he was getting promoted?
    Most players that where promoted, went just after the All-Star break. Wonder why they waited.
    I guess its a good thing tixs for the minors are pretty cheap. Huh? The Lakewood tix was $12, 10 rows behind HP.

Check out my new Blog

I think my brother told me he was going to Potomac. Guess it's okay since he bought the hot dogs. Seems like I heard it somewhere else too, though. Yeah, I like those minor league ticket prices! We sat in the second row, right behind the on-deck circle, for 12 bucks.

By the way, anyone else seen Manny Machado's signature? Seems like a nice enough guy, but it doesn't even look like a signature. Weird.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast