Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rays ripped apart-how is the future?

Blog Entries
    I suspect you are right about them keeping DJ on the farm till arb deadline, they did the same with Longo - good call there. I think Desmond has way different skills than Crawford, kind of apples to oranges. Jennings has the speed that doesnt slump and I wouldnt be afraid to see him start for the Rays, but I think using him as the fourth outfielder is a good plan after June 1st. He will be great speed off the bench and has great defense to replace Damon in the late innings. I think Jennings is the real deal, and cant wait to see how he does at the major league level.

Leslie spoke almost no english, had bearable defensive skills at first, and at the plate resembles a lefty Alphonso Soriano. He has pull power and good speed, he did some games in the outfield but it looked to me that he got most of his work at first. I thought he had a good idea of the strike zone and knew how to wait for his pitch, which showed in his high average at AA. He may have trouble with the big league breaking pitches but he can hit anyones fastball.
    I have Evan Longorias hat

Blog Entries
    Im also looking forward to seeing how they use their bullpen now, there are some interesting arms coming up from the farm.
    I have Evan Longorias hat

Quote Originally Posted by raysnbran View Post
    Welcome DriftersGM, I am glad I am not alone out here on the ledge of the Rays board I am also intrigued by Leslie Anderson but I did not know he could play 1B too. He's only listed as an OF on the 40 man roster. All I know about our minor leaguers is what I read online, so any knowledge you can share here to enlighten me about who is looking good down on the farm would be a positive. I think the Rays still believe in Desmond Jennings, but they see they can keep him for another year before he would be arb eligible by keeping him in Durham till June 1. They started him in a playoff game in 2010 so they must think he is still in their plans. He's no Carl Crawford clone but he can be a very good MLB player.
    Well, the Rays had DFA'ed Leslie Anderson earlier this week, along with Justin Ruggiano, to make room on the 40 man roster for Manny and Damon. Both have cleared waivers and will now be assigned AAA Durham, but both are expected to be in camp for spring training starting next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12