Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official All-Time Blacklist Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    I'm trying to decide if nerfan's SS will be Johnnie LeMaster or Rafael Belliard
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfan View Post
    It's not going to be Omar Vizquel.
    Its going to be Jim Mason or Enzo Hernandez.

I've got my sights set on Buddy Harrelson or Roger Metzger!! Setting the bar REALLY low!!

Blog Entries
    I was hoping Alomar or McGwire would fall really far for some reason.

But neither of them are on my list of 5 top sleepers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

I'll take Sammy Sosa
    I'll blacklist Kid Nichols

Quote Originally Posted by No Roids View Post
    Blacklisting Mark McGwire.
    From someone named No Roids, THAT is CLASSIC!
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Blog Entries
    Its going to be Jim Mason or Enzo Hernandez.

I've got my sights set on Buddy Harrelson or Roger Metzger!! Setting the bar REALLY low!!
    I've got my eyes on Sidd Finch.
    "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

Augh, makes my pick of Roy Hobbs look pitiful.
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    From someone named No Roids, THAT is CLASSIC!
    Thank you! You dont know how close I came to banning Sosa at the same time. I would've messed up Shoemaker cause he immediately took him!

How about Roger Dorn?
    Oh nevermind, he played third.

Blog Entries
    I'll take Mickey Cochrane and blacklist Ivan Rodriguez.

I was really hoping to get Feller. Just missed on him and Pujols- this is beginning to have a feeling of deja vu all over again, from previous drafts.

I'll take Steve Carlton.

I'll blacklist Carl Hubbell.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    I was really hoping to get Feller. Just missed on him and Pujols- this is beginning to have a feeling of deja vu all over again, from previous drafts.
    It's going to happen in basically every draft, but twice as much here, since two people disappear with each pick.
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Blog Entries
    I'll take Sandy Koufax and blacklist Eddie Plank

I'll take Rod Carew and blacklist Chipper Jones.

Going for another pitcher next, I think!
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

I want to fill the important positions, but this guy is too much of a standout to pass him up. I mean, Babe Ruth copied his hitting style for crying out loud. I'm surprised he's fallen this far. I'll take Shoeless Joe Jackson, and blacklist Duke Snider.

Picking Ron Santo and blacklisting Roy Campanella.
    "The value of a stat is directly proportional to how good it makes Steve Garvey look." -- Nerdlinger

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    Picking Ron Santo and blacklisting Roy Campanella.
    Scheisse!! I was hoping Campanella might fly under the radar until my next pick. Should have known better, Brad old buddy!

I'd say "sorry" but it seems we're all getting hosed as much as we're undermining our friends here. LOL This was a fun idea. Aggravating, but fun!
    "The value of a stat is directly proportional to how good it makes Steve Garvey look." -- Nerdlinger

Sorry, unexpectedly called out on the road, then pulled into something else when I got back. Once again, definitely want Carlton Fisk, but who to blacklist?
    Mebbe Reggie Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    I'd say "sorry" but it seems we're all getting hosed as much as we're undermining our friends here. LOL This was a fun idea. Aggravating, but fun!
    Yeah, this is great. This and the alphabet draft are the most enjoyable ones I've been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    I want to fill the important positions, but this guy is too much of a standout to pass him up. I mean, Babe Ruth copied his hitting style for crying out loud. I'm surprised he's fallen this far. I'll take Shoeless Joe Jackson, and blacklist Duke Snider.
    I didnt think he would get back around to me. Ah well, whataya gonna do?

I didnt think he would get back around to me. Ah well, whataya gonna do?
    Well I'll tell you what I'm not going to do. Unlike Wade, I'm not going to sit in the dugout wondering if my star outfielder might have taken a bribe to throw the series when the championship is on the line.

Pfft - just paying players MLB's minimum wage today would almost certainly mean the whole scandal wouldn't have happened. And I'd be paying the top players on my team FAR more than four hundred thousand a year - far more than four million a year.

And if someone with a triple-slash line of .375/.394/.563 was throwing the series, imagine what he would have done if he was playing happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    Pfft - just paying players MLB's minimum wage today would almost certainly mean the whole scandal wouldn't have happened. And I'd be paying the top players on my team FAR more than four hundred thousand a year - far more than four million a year.

And if someone with a triple-slash line of .375/.394/.563 was throwing the series, imagine what he would have done if he was playing happy?
    Yep. That's why I was miffed when he didn't fall to my draft slot. LOL

Anybody talk to nerfan?

Blog Entries
    Picking: George Davis and Frankie Frisch
    Banning: Derek Jeter and Jeff Bagwell

I was going to let my ubersleeper shortstop play, but couldn't pass up on Davis at this point in the draft.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast