Thread: M's to use "committee" in Niehaus's spot

M's to use "committee" in Niehaus's spot

With the passing of Dave Niehaus, the M's have announced they will use 5 different announcers - possibly more - in a "committee" approach. I'm sorry to say that Ron Fairly will be coming back as well. Here is the article for your reading pleasure:

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news...s_sea&c_id=sea
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

'Ol red faced Fairly.

I'm liking Ken Williams and Dave Henderson so far, but that's about it.

I was thinking today as I listened on the radio how I don't like Ken Levine . . . I don't like his voice or his corny jokes . . .

His voice is pretty nasally. However you spell that.

i think mike blowers has a boring voice.he never gets excited and only goes up about 1-2 octaves when someone hits a home run.

I don't really have a problem with Blowers. He is no Niehaus, but he certainly isn't the worst out there.

I'll stick with Rick Rizzs, and between the rest I like either Hendu or Buhner. Dave Valle wasn't terrible the few times I've seen him, either.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Mariners hire new radio voice

The Mariners have hired Aaron Goldsmith to be their new radio voice. He'll be teamed with Rick Rizzs. Goldsmith, apparently is 29, from St. Louis and previously called games for the Pawtucket Red Sox. Dave Sims and Mike Blowers will continue to call games on the t.v. side.

Levine reacts

Emmy winner Ken Levine's reaction.
    http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2013/01/me-mariners.html

Aaron Goldsmith concluded his rookie year as the Mariner #2 voice on radio today. I thought he started out the season shaky, very Joe Buckesque, not a compliment, but grew more comfortable as the season progressed. He added liitle tidbits about the Mariners and the opposition that would never even cross Rizzs' mind. He has a good sense of humor and seems to enjoy broadcasting games. He could still be more excitable, but overall I think he's been a good hire. He's on twitter https://twitter.com/aaronmgoldsmith
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 09-29-2013 at 05:56 PM.