Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Season Thread

Unfrotunately the 15-0 win was just a blimp on the radar - they returned to normal from for the next 2!! Lilly needs to go and another starter found......but who????
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
    Unfrotunately the 15-0 win was just a blimp on the radar - they returned to normal from for the next 2!! Lilly needs to go and another starter found......but who????
    Bye, bye Lilly, hello Eveland. Might as well give him a shot, we're 10.5 back. Plus, his bio pic is straight gangsta. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=445968

On another note, cheers to your Aussie brother, DownUnder, Oeltjen is off to a great start - swinging the bat like Ponting and Gilchrist!!
    Last edited by bhss89; 06-29-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by bhss89 View Post
    On another note, cheers to your Aussie brother, DownUnder, Oeltjen is off to a great start - swinging the bat like Ponting and Gilchrist!!
    I was a little disappointed with Trent in his first couple of games but he was great in the 15-0 route and came on for 9th inning hit in the 0-1 loss. And his mate Luke Hughes was partially responsible for the 4-6 loss in game 2 of the series.
    I think Gilchrist would have been a successful ball player, he had a great eye and could handle a glove

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

I was a little disappointed with Trent in his first couple of games but he was great in the 15-0 route and came on for 9th inning hit in the 0-1 loss. And his mate Luke Hughes was partially responsible for the 4-6 loss in game 2 of the series.
    I think Gilchrist would have been a successful ball player, he had a great eye and could handle a glove
    Gilchrist was pursued by the BoSox at one point for a possible tryout: http://www.sports-central.org/sports...on_varitek.php
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Last night kinda summed up the Dodgers' first half: De La Rosa was cruising along, doing really well, and then the wheels fell off. Two nights ago: C-Bill tosses a 3-hitter and loses. Just need to find a new way to "get over the hump". The second half is the team's time to shine!! Positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes!!

Now . . . go and vote for 'Dre to make the ASG!!

I can't wait until next year.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

So what are the odds this is ethier's last season with he dodgers???

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    So what are the odds this is ethier's last season with he dodgers???
    According to SI certain insiders and people close to Ethier say he is upset at the Dodger situation (understandably) and is looking at the Red Sox to play alongside his best mate Dustin Pedroia.

I hope he stays upset enough to keep hitting HR's like today. Once again Javy Guerra gave us palpitations in the 9th before the win was recorded. I think I am correct in saying this is the first time the broom has come out of the Dodger closet. It is pleasing to go into the AS break with 4 straight wins. Hopefully the McCourt situation will be solved soon and sanity can return to the Dodgers off field, and hence give more life to the team on field.

Another win, five in a row. Welcome to the team, Senor Rivera! One game at a time . . .

I am starting to think that Ted Lilly is not that good . . .

And living in the midwest, it is becoming increasingly easier to identify with Cubs fans. Not in longevity terms, of course, but at least the past few seasons and this one, for certain.

It's just tough to stay positive right now . . . but I guess that is what defines us (on BBF) as TRUE fans: Staying positive through thick and thin.

Lilly has been terrible but apart from Kershaw so have the rest. Vin said this evening that Kuroda is looking fir a transfer. I sat transfer him now, and I mean right now!! Two out, pitching to his opposing pitcher, who has 3 hits in 36 at bats, and concedes a 2 run HR. Total rubbish. It is very painful watching this team continually underperform.

I feel the team hung tough during first half, but now it seems the wheels are falling off.
    It will be a huge task financially, but believe 1B, 3B, CL, and SP #2 & #3 MUST be fixed before the team will win trophies again. Seems as if Kuroda and C-Bill cannot decide who will step up as SP #2. Hurts to post this, but the team is just no good. And they're not gonna be any good in '11. Boo. Hiss.

Lilly has not been good again tonight, and lasted 5 innings, resulting in another early call to the bullpen, but the bullpen last night were a disgrace! Even forever optimistic wishful thinkers Steve Lyons and Steve O'Neal called them pathetic on Dodgers Live last night. If I had a dollar for every time the pitchers had the batters 0-2 or 1-2 only to get them to a full count and walk them or let them get a hit I could put a reasonable deposit on the purchase price of the team.

And it all starts again....1st batter against Billingsly 0-2. Eight pitches later he is walked. Next batter hit with pitch. At 1-0 and bases loaded he finally gets his first out on pitch #31. Somehow he escaped with just one run, but it took 38 pitches. I partially blame Vin, who stated at the start of game 1 against the Nats that the Dodgers were hard to score off in the 1st inning - Nats proceeded to score 1, 3, & 1 respectively.
    And last night the Dodgers did not win, the Nats lost!

I forget to mention, I asked Mapquest if they would sponsor the Dodgers so they could get free maps to home plate!

Well, well! Billingsley got it together and ended up having a good game, well backed up by Jansen & Guerra, and some more support from poor Nats defense. So the 2 Steve's are now suggesting the team maybe turning around......the same two guys who, two nights ago were talking pathetic and big changes in the teams makeup. They are a confusing and really frustrating team.

Adios Raffy . . .

Furcal's departure for the Gateway City seems imminent, and I for one will miss him. Yes, he was often injured, but when healthy he was the team's sparkplug. I honestly don't ever recall hearing him complain or whine, just play hard and try to win. From the two articles I've read and the small bit on Baseball Tonight I watched, he really doesn't want to leave, but he also understands "it's a business".
    I also feel it is very cool that he played in the Dominican Winter League and spent time with extended family each offseason. Classy dude and apparently a good family man.
    Dee Gordon, according to dodgers.com has left for LA from Albuquerque, and Raffy's locker is cleaned out.
    Good luck in StL Rafael Furcal.

I forget to mention, I asked Mapquest if they would sponsor the Dodgers so they could get free maps to home plate!
    My kids are laughing at this post!

Furcal was starting to hit well the last couple of games and kvass looking forward to him being a leader for the struggling offense, now he is gone?? I am disappointed. What was the trade?? I hope it was someone who can pitch (maybe I will find out on Dodgers Live, coming up now). Today was woeful....209 pitches. Quo needs to go back to Albequerque.

Furcal was starting to hit well the last couple of games and kvass looking forward to him being a leader for the struggling offense, now he is gone?? I am disappointed. What was the trade?? I hope it was someone who can pitch (maybe I will find out on Dodgers Live, coming up now). Today was woeful....209 pitches. Quo needs to go back to Albequerque.
    From what I read two days ago, the Dodgers will receive two MiLB players and $4 million. Although I still have read nothing that confirms this for certain.

About 15 miles East of Blue Heaven on Earth, Dodger Stadium
    LOL! I love it!

One purchase the Dodgers will not have to make is a new broom!! One sweep all season means the current unit is hardly used. They could almost take it back to the store and get a refund as an unused, not needed item.
    It was interesting to watch Nate Eovaldi pitch the other night. He has some promise after coming up from AA and hanging in for 5 innings, with 7 Strike Outs and a hit in his debut win. But 5 innings does not really cut it for a starter and that has been a real problem for the starters this year (apart from Kershaw) who seem to struggle after 5 in most games.

The team outhits the Phils 13-11 and lose. Not good. Maybe they need those "basepath maps" that Down Under alluded to earlier in the season.

6-0 after 3, and still lose!! Woeful!! But I recall them blowing a 8 run lead against the Phillies in the 9th inning last year. It seems the Phillies have their measure well And truly. When they can only get 4.1 innings out of the starter it is time to concede defeat anyway. Sadly there is a lot of talent but they suck at present.

Hold the return......take the broom out of the box!! Sweep #2 means it is really a used product!! Ok, it was only the Astros, the worst team in MLB at present, but it was a sweep. So now guys, get used to using it again!! We want it worn out by season's end!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast