Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Season Thread

Lilly: 7 IP, 2H

Team: Outhits opponent

We cannot score on a consistent basis to save our lives. Frustrating. Grrrr. Tired of fending off all the smart alec Cardinals fans in my area. So . . . tired . . . of defending the Dodgers. Frustrated.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

I hera you! My Gnat loving neice is rubbing it in, and I told her today that I am secretly rooting for the D'backs!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

About 15 miles East of Blue Heaven on Earth, Dodger Stadium

Loney

I was looking forward to Loney pitching. Did not happen but he went 4 for 4.
    Hope our boys in blue can get some W's in St Louis.

I am in New York. Visited Citi Field for the first time on Saturday and went to a Cyclone game on Friday night. I get back to LA tomorrow..wish I could make a detour to go to St Louis.
    Emma

Irony: Raffy just threw a ball away on a play at the plate to allow the Dodgers to take the lead at StL. Three outs to go and we win. Go D-Backs!
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Hooray. We won. We battled back and won. Hooray.

Why so serious, Chinese Democracy?

21 games remaining versus NL West teams. The Dodgers will go 16-5 in these games. It starts Friday with the Rockies.

Sweep

SWEEP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bhss89 View Post
    Hooray. We won. We battled back and won. Hooray.

Why so serious, Chinese Democracy?
    LULZ, you made a funny, Indy.

At least you don't have to take noise from your Cardinal fan buddies.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

One down, fifteen to go. And yes, it is nice to be able to talk to all of the StL fans around here about OUR winning streak.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/dodger-thoughts

I am sure many of you follow Dodger Thoughts. I am posting this link for two reasons: GREAT Vin quotes at bottom of article. And the pic of Jim Tracy is priceless. What a goombah! Personally, I am sorry he ever wore Dodger Blue.

http://www.truebluela.com/

Sorry. Just wanted to post larger pic of Tracy. Goof. Ball.

Matt Kemp is having a great season.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

I was away from my PC and was able to watch MLB Gameday on my friend's phone just as Kemp came to the plate in the 11th. What an awesome finish! I am proud of the team! 2 down, 14 to go. I know the team can complete the sweep today - they can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    Matt Kemp is having a great season.
    Yes, I agree.

Tough loss, but the team battled all 9 innings and didn't quit playing the game the right way. Of course, winning 2 of 3 during a home series would normally be just fine. Not the case right now. At any rate, let's hope the drama with Ethier goes away so the team can begin a new winning streak tomorrow against SD.

Thanks for the links BHSS. For a moment I thought the Dodgers were going to come back again tonight, but the broom had to stay in the cupboard. They have been showing some heart lately and maybe we wil have some smiles for the remainder of the season. Kemp & Loney have been sensational but Miles has been very good as well. And scoring runs certainly helps the struggling pitching staff/

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Rough start for Eovaldi, but he did settle in and battle. IMO, that is one of the toughest lessons for young pitchers to learn: How can I succeed on the days I don't have my best stuff?
    At any rate, tonight's Kershaw-Latos match-up should be a good one. I hope Ethier is again rested. No reason to push it, and if he needs some ortho work done, why not now?!?

They are taking some early pitches off Kershaw early and 2 fielding errors were fortunately not costly. I wish Andre was not playing, but he did hit our first RBI.

Gotdang! Loney!

Kershaw: CG brilliance that proved he doesn't have to strike out a bunch to win.
    Loney: Apparently starting to understand that corner IF should drive in runs!

A new win streak begins!

Repeating what Vin said, he was not on his game but still finished with a complete game and a win. I am glad Don left him out for the 9th. And Andre was excellent, to compliment Loney. Not a bad effort and even though it was only against the Pads, a win is a win. 6 out of 7 is not bad so hopefully they will continue to make their presence felt for the rest of the season.

Well, I will take a win like tonight's any day. Billingsley got beat up early, the bats were being swatted like flies. A disaster in the making. Quo came in, my wife & I shuddered, and he pitches the best he has done all year. The bats come to life, the 5 run 7th, the lucky call against Uggla at 2nd, great catch by Bourne to rob Loney, great catch by Sellers in the double play, Guerra getting hit out of the park for the first time in a possible comeback 9th by the Braves. The game had plenty.
    They are scoring runs, coming from behind, staging off comebacks (6-4 win against Phillies), 9 of 10, sweeps!!! They can finish above .500 if they keep going like this. They could even finish 2nd in the division if the Gnats keep slumping.
    Go Dodgers, this is what we have been waiting for.

You watch the Dodgers with your wife? Now that's a solid foundation for love.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
    You watch the Dodgers with your wife? Now that's a solid foundation for love.
    We met at Dodgers Stadium. I hit on her, did not strike out and ended up with a home run, after taking a while to get round all the bases.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast