X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhss89
    The hips drive the swing
    • Mar 2004

Minor fire breaks out at Dodger Stadium . . .

. . . and clearly it was not caused by the Dodgers' bats.

The official website of the Los Angeles Dodgers with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

The lead in on the team site says it all: "listless defeat"
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

• bhss89
      The hips drive the swing
      • Mar 2004

Jekyll and Hyde season continues . . .

Man, Kershaw was dynamite last night!
      "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
        Learning all the time.
        • Aug 2002

I am pi$$ed tonight. :grouchy
        Those cretins at MLB Network have blacked out the Dodgers game in Southern Nevada - for heavens sake we are 280 miles plus from Dodger Stadium. Do they expect people from that distance to travel to the games?? They are insulting fans non-MLB team cities with their greedy, no purpose, blackouts!
        As I type I notice the Blues are 5-1 up in the 5th!! :gt
        MLB Network, you suck!!
        "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
          Learning all the time.
          • Aug 2002

I am flabbergasted!!!! What happened in Cincinatti today? Was I watching the Dodgers or was this an "I wish" movie/documentary? I chastise myself as he of little faith, maybe justifiably. At 2-7 after 7, the weakened bullpen at the hill and the ineffective offense from the last 2 games, my reaction was 'here we go again'. But like a genuine Dodger fan I kept watching. Then current Dodger baseball was turned upside down. The Tin Man was exorcised, the offense found some heart. Killer Kemp to the rescue, a grand slam, woohoo!! But the scores were still level and they were digging deep into the pen. I was convinced the Reds would blow them away in the 9th (slaps own face) but the heart was still there. Thru 10 they go, still alive. Not knowing the depth of Reds pitching I was still thinking it was only a matter of time. I had not counted on Reds pitcher, Fisher, and the continued show of heart at the plate. I was not surprised that Guerra was given the bat, the pen was threadbare by now. Fisher walks him and there is still life. 4 runs late we head to the bottom of the 11th. Am I feeling good? Not on your life, this is the Dodgers and can find many ways to turn a certain win into a loss. Guerra throwing wild pitches, runners getting on base, the heart of the Reds order coming up......it was time for palpitations. Troncoso called up, more base hits, tying run at the plate. Who was there to save them.....killer Kemp, with a regulation catch, game over. I let out a huge sigh, asked my wife if what I just witnessed was real life and then sat back and savored this game. Way to go Blues, now keep it up!! :gt

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• ChineseDemocracy
            Better
            • Oct 2008

Matt Kemp.

That is all.
            No one can make you
            Do what they want to
            You know you're stronger
            Than the lies
            That they tell you

Comment

• campy
              • Oct 2009

kemp and kershaw! i havent been this enamored with dodger players since raul mondesi

Comment

• bhss89
                The hips drive the swing
                • Mar 2004

Keeping in mind that the stupidity of McCourt in the past will continue to hurt the Dodgers until a new owner is found, any type of trade this season involving the Dodgers throwing in cash is out of the question. That said, if the youngsters continue to contribute in a positive way as needed, and the team can finally get fully healthy, maybe the Dodgers can pounce on the Gnats when they have a tough stretch (and every team does so at some point). Maybe a big trade won't be needed and the team can remain strong from within? (Although a truly consistent CL would help a ton). True fanatics, keep believin'! It's finally getting to the point to where I can be proud of the effort our team gives, day in and day out.

GO DODGERS!

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
                  Learning all the time.
                  • Aug 2002

What an abysmal effort from the mound. As previously mentioned this Dodger team knows how to throw away winnable games, but walking 2 runs with nobody out is pathetic.

Comment

• bhss89
                    The hips drive the swing
                    • Mar 2004

The official website of the Los Angeles Dodgers with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Some interesting comments made following this article. IMO, Mattingly's job, like all managers, is to plug in the players in the right spots. At times, this is determined by "feeling", other times by stat match-ups. Nevertheless, walking hitters from the 7-8-9 slots is akin to a position player not being able to put down a bunt or a pitcher not being able to execute a pick-off throw. It is basic stuff, stuff that pitchers are very well-paid to do. Yes, maybe pulling Kershaw for a PH would have been a better choice, especially in hindsight when we watched him have to run the bases when already tired.

Nevertheless, it is time for someone other than Kershaw, C-Bill, Kemp, Ethier, and Carroll to take a "big boy" approach to the game on a day-to-day basis! The "poor me" attitude that is AGAIN permeating the team is lousy. NO, you're not going to get any free agent help this season, but how 'bout working hard to prove everyone wrong? How 'bout playing with some pride and being a professional?

Get over it (ownership is NOT going to help you) and get on with it (winning in spite of McCourt being a jackwipe).

GO DODGERS!

Comment

• bhss89
                      The hips drive the swing
                      • Mar 2004

Sad, but true.

As one of the most successful franchises in Major League Baseball history, the Los Angeles Dodgers opened the 2011 season with a victory over the World Champion San Francisco Giants. The nationally televised game was nearly sold out with a seating capacity of 56,000 fans.

"Disenchanted" is a great way to put it . . .

McCourt : :grouchy

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
                        Learning all the time.
                        • Aug 2002

The Dodgers have a history of sellouts or near sellouts regardless if they were winning or not so this year is obvious proof of disenchantment, not with the team, but with McCourt and the financial situation. The sooner the team is sold the better. It is strange that public ownership is banned, but then MLB has some strange regulations and restrictions. Maybe some entrepreneurial fans could form a company with shares available to any fan who wants in and buy the team as a company?? Is that feasible?
                        This season is still salvageable as far as the team goes.....but a turnaround is needed soon.....but it can only get better with new, acceptable owners.
                        :gt

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
                          Learning all the time.
                          • Aug 2002

Is a 6 run lead enough in the 8th Probably not!!

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
                            Learning all the time.
                            • Aug 2002

They tried hard to lose again but someone forgot to tell Gwynn! I was convinced they would blow it after two 1&2 counts got on base in the 9th.

Comment

• DownUnderDodger
                              Learning all the time.
                              • Aug 2002

So Vin thinks a 6 run lead is comfortable with three innings left for the Rockies? Vin, have you been asleep during the last 3 games??

Comment

• ChineseDemocracy
                                Better
                                • Oct 2008

Like he said just now, "Hold on to your hats, it's a two-run game!"
                                No one can make you
                                Do what they want to
                                You know you're stronger
                                Than the lies
                                That they tell you

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X