Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 398

Thread: Player Per Team Draft

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    Just to let you guys know, I'm doing Army stuff this weekend - I had to fly down to CA this morning (but I have the rest of the day off). Tomorrow and Sunday I won't be able to get on as often, but I'll PM some picks. Then on Sunday I go home, but have to do stuff Monday through Friday with my unit. I don't know how much computer access I'll have then. Sometimes I have unlimited access, and sometimes none, but I should always have it in the evenings when I get done.

    Sorry about that.
    Hope you don't get shipped out anywhere, Wade. Reading this brings back memories of my time in Vietnam- hopefully you won't end up in harm's way somewhere.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by ian2813 View Post
    Since we're running out of inner-circle guys I'd better grab one while they last. Therefore I select:

    Eddie Collins
    Running out? There were plenty of 'em left last time my turn came up. LOL
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    Running out? There were plenty of 'em left last time my turn came up. LOL
    True, but there probably won't be when it comes up again.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,293
    It kinda depends on who all counts as "inner circle", but we're definitely getting into the players that are a clear step down IMO at some positions (2B, CF).

    I was actually tempted to take Collins and move him or Hornsby to DH, but I think Mantle fits my team better.


    @ Ron - it sounds like there's a decent chance my unit will be going to Kuwait. It's before it would be our turn, but our general is basically saying "Oooh, pick me!". But we still don't know if it'll go through, and at least it would almost certainly be fairly safe.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    It kinda depends on who all counts as "inner circle", but we're definitely getting into the players that are a clear step down IMO at some positions (2B, CF).

    I was actually tempted to take Collins and move him or Hornsby to DH, but I think Mantle fits my team better.


    @ Ron - it sounds like there's a decent chance my unit will be going to Kuwait. It's before it would be our turn, but our general is basically saying "Oooh, pick me!". But we still don't know if it'll go through, and at least it would almost certainly be fairly safe.
    Wade, hopefully you wont have to go but I'll certainly hope for your safety if you do.
    I have a stepson in the USAF who's going over for his 2nd tour in less than a month. He"s security.

  6. #66
    It's very hard to know what to do in this draft- at least for me. I've constructed several strategies, but am unsure about each.

    One thing I am "sure" about- it's RMB's turn.

  7. #67
    Ron, yeah, I know what you mean about various strategies. I've had a couple of different scenarios I've been messing with but each one has its own flaws.

    usually the flaws relate back to the guy doing the drafting!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    northeast Ohio
    Posts
    26,560
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    It's very hard to know what to do in this draft- at least for me. I've constructed several strategies, but am unsure about each.

    One thing I am "sure" about- it's RMB's turn.
    My bad. Gimme Joe Morgan.
    The 2B, not the manager
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

  9. #69
    annnd now its Ty's turn

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    My bad. Gimme Joe Morgan.
    The 2B, not the manager
    I was gonna say, it's not fair that you get to pick managers and we're stuck picking players...

  11. #71
    Oh hey, I forgot to say something earlier-I wont be around for a good chunk of the day tomorrow. My wife's ex-husband passed away and the funeral's tomorrow. She's still on good terms with his family so we're going to the funeral and the reception afterwards.

    Hopefully Ty and Ron can pick tonight so I can take care of my next 2 tonight as well.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond View Post
    My bad. Gimme Joe Morgan.
    The 2B, not the manager
    A good and "versatile" pick- #@**&$##

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by No Roids View Post
    Hopefully Ty and Ron can pick tonight so I can take care of my next 2 tonight as well.
    It's about 9:30 PM here in the East. I'll be on for maybe another hour, so it all depends on Tyrus.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    northeast Ohio
    Posts
    26,560
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    A good and "versatile" pick- #@**&$##
    Music to my ears
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by No Roids View Post
    Oh hey, I forgot to say something earlier-I wont be around for a good chunk of the day tomorrow. My wife's ex-husband passed away and the funeral's tomorrow. She's still on good terms with his family so we're going to the funeral and the reception afterwards.

    Hopefully Ty and Ron can pick tonight so I can take care of my next 2 tonight as well.
    You could always PM someone your preferred choices and have that person pick for you.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    5,671
    No Roids: Sorry for the loss.
    Wade: Have a safe trip. Careful!
    ian: Taking Collins? I wouldn't leave the house tomorrow...

    I'll take Stan Musial.
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

  17. #77
    Ty,

    I sent you a PM with my next 2 picks.
    Just trying to keep things moving along

  18. #78
    So it seems we've got the following up next:

    Ron
    Roids x 2 (proxy is Ty)
    Ron
    Ty

    Should move quickly.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    So it seems we've got the following up next:

    Ron
    Roids x 2 (proxy is Ty)
    Ron
    Ty

    Should move quickly.
    Sure, as long as Ty and Ron are on at the same time.

  20. #80
    There are several "inner circle" guys still out there, in my opinion. I've got to take one of them, but which one? Hard decisions. Okay, I'll go with a tougher position to fill and a franchise that isn't real deep in greats-

    I'll take Mike Schmidt.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •