• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wade8813
    The Dark Knight = Amazing
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by No Roids View Post
    And with Banks you also get more flexibility because of his 1B eligibility. Of course you pointed out that you already have Bagwell and Thome for that spot.

For pure brute strength, I think your lineup wins, especially for the days when Thome plays ahead of Boggs. You arent gonna steal many bases, but this lineup is Earl "3 Run HR" Weaver's dream!
    Quesion though-on Cobb's days off-who leads off? Boggs?
    I'm pretty sure my lineup wins OB too. I mean, my team's so good in that category that HANK AARON is dragging me down (I'm serious, he has the 2nd lowest career OB on my team!)

I dunno who'd lead off, Boggs seems reasonable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• BigRon
      • Jan 2009

Sorry for the delay, guys. Let's see- my first baseman is The Big Cat. Well, I can't resist- for his backup, I'll take-

Big Cat- Andres Galarraga.

Comment

• RuthMayBond
        Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
        • Jan 2004

Tyrus PMed he wants Bob Lemon.
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• RuthMayBond
          • Jan 2004

I'll take Deacon White
          Last edited by RuthMayBond; 03-07-2011, 12:18 PM.
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

• ian2813
            야구
            • Dec 2009

Further solidifying my up-the-middle defense, I'll add Jack Glasscock.
            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Chadwick
              Chasing Cooperstown
              • Sep 2002

This dumpster diving isn't as much fun thanks to you guys. :P
              "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
              "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
              "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
              "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                • Jan 2004

I knew we were having the 19th century pick but forgot we were doing DH, can I switch my latest pick?

Comment

• Chadwick
                  Chasing Cooperstown
                  • Sep 2002

No problems with that
                  "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                  "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

• Wade8813
                    • Jul 2006

Sorry for the delay - I just woke up 20 minutes ago.

What's the playing time requirement for pitchers from a defunct franchise? I know it's 700 for players from a modern franchise, 200 from pitchers from a modern franchise, and 300 games for a player from a defunct franchise. If you make it proportionate, it would be 129 games...?

Comment

• ian2813
                      야구
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                      I knew we were having the 19th century pick but forgot we were doing DH, can I switch my latest pick?
                      I see you already switched to Dave Orr. You're lucky I hadn't wanted Jim McCormick.
                      Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• ian2813
                        야구
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                        Sorry for the delay - I just woke up 20 minutes ago.

What's the playing time requirement for pitchers from a defunct franchise? I know it's 700 for players from a modern franchise, 200 from pitchers from a modern franchise, and 300 games for a player from a defunct franchise. If you make it proportionate, it would be 129 games...?
                        It's 200 for pitchers from a defunct franchise too.
                        Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Wade8813
                          • Jul 2006

Really? Why is it so much harder for them to qualify? Ah well, I'll pick soon.

Comment

• Wade8813
                            • Jul 2006

I'll take Dan Plesac. He probably doesn't get taken much in all time drafts, especially one with this few participants, but a decent LH reliever with pretty good splits against LH batters? Sure, why not.

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                              I see you already switched to Dave Orr. You're lucky I hadn't wanted Jim McCormick.
                              True (although nobody wants Jim McCormick) Deacon White, my edit didn't take the first time.
                              Last edited by RuthMayBond; 03-07-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Chadwick
                                Chasing Cooperstown
                                • Sep 2002

Willie Stargell

Troy Percival
                                Last edited by Chadwick; 03-07-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X