• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RuthMayBond
    Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigRon View Post
    Tyrus said RMB needs to pick by 5:52 EST, but actually I think that was his start time. I think he's got until some time tomorrow morning to make his pick.
    That would be a little crazy. I'll take Pedro Martinez, and now I have several choices lined up so I hope they won't all be destroyed.
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• No Roids
      • Jan 2011

Its kinda interesting- when you look at the players who've been drafted so far, the Red Sox COULD be closed out depending on how our owners end up using the 'swing" players picked so far.
      Clemens, P Martinez and T Williams are Red Sox only and Cy Young, Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Grove and Tris Speaker all could be used as Red Sox picks.

On the flip side, we have 10 franchises that havent had a played picked for them yet, except for one swing player.

Comment

• Wade8813
        The Dark Knight = Amazing
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by No Roids View Post
        Its kinda interesting- when you look at the players who've been drafted so far, the Red Sox COULD be closed out depending on how our owners end up using the 'swing" players picked so far.
        Clemens, P Martinez and T Williams are Red Sox only and Cy Young, Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Grove and Tris Speaker all could be used as Red Sox picks.

On the flip side, we have 10 franchises that havent had a played picked for them yet, except for one swing player.
        Except Ian and I both don't have anyone who could play for the Red Sox, and both BigRon and RMB took players who have to be on the Red Sox, so Grove and Speaker have to be on their other teams.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• ian2813
          야구
          • Dec 2009

Sheesh, I wait around all day, then when I finally get tired of sitting in front of the computer my turn comes up.

All righty then. I have so many needs on this team, but there's one player I really want who probably won't last much longer. Therefore I select:

Bob Gibson
          Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Wade8813
            The Dark Knight = Amazing
            • Jul 2006

Continuing my theme of blocking myself from the the deepest teams who often have multiple players at shallower positions, I'll take Hank Aaron (which prevents me from two of the top 3bmen).

Course, with my lineup so far looking like

1. Ty Cobb
            2. Aaron
            3. Mantle
            4. Hornsby

I can't complain too much.
            Last edited by Wade8813; 02-26-2011, 10:03 PM.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• ian2813
              야구
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
              Continuing my theme of blocking myself from the the deepest teams who often have multiple players at shallower positions, I'll take Hank Aaron (which prevents me from two of the top 3bmen)
              I was wondering how much longer Aaron would last. You may not have as many choices at third base, but you do have an outfield of Cobb, Mantle and Aaron. That's going to be tough to beat.
              Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• No Roids
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                Except Ian and I both don't have anyone who could play for the Red Sox, and both BigRon and RMB took players who have to be on the Red Sox, so Grove and Speaker have to be on their other teams.
                Whoops- Can you tell I had a long day yesterday with the funeral? My wife and I were up from about 3:30 yesterday morning.
                Yup- I totally missed the fact that, although there have been 7 RedSox-eligible guys taken, they were NOT taken by 7 different owners.:clowning::stupidme:

Comment

• BigRon
                  • Jan 2009

Brad's up- he's got about an hour left on the clock. Anybody hear from him? Sometimes he's not around on the weekends....

Should we hold off a while as a courtesy?

Comment

• Tyrus4189Cobb
                    Gator wrastler
                    • May 2007

I'll give him another two hours because he really should PM picks if he's going to miss.
                    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• ian2813
                      야구
                      • Dec 2009

Brad's up- he's got about an hour left on the clock. Anybody hear from him? Sometimes he's not around on the weekends....

Should we hold off a while as a courtesy?
                      I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but we did agree on the rules of the draft ahead of time. If Brad knew he wasn't going to be around he should've PMed his picks to somebody. Wade already PMed me with his next pick because he apparently knew he wasn't going to be here. I'd be willing to give Brad a few extra hours maybe, but I don't want to wait around too long.
                      Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• BigRon
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
                        I'll give him another two hours because he really should PM picks if he's going to miss.
                        WEll, that's sort of what I was thinking. You're right, though, he should PM picks- but, it can be difficult in this type of draft.

Comment

• ian2813
                          야구
                          • Dec 2009

Well, it looks like Brad missed the deadline, so I'm going to go ahead.

Wade PMed me and said he wants his pick to be Jeff Bagwell.

Since I need a left-handed power threat and some help at the corner positions, I'm selecting Carl Yastrzemski.
                          Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• BigRon
                            • Jan 2009

Okay, if I've got this straight RMB's up. And Brad has 2 picks coming and can jump in to make them whenever he gets back.

Comment

• No Roids
                              • Jan 2011

Just to add my opinion, I dont mind extending a little extra time but like Ian said, there were rules set out at the start.

Ian already has Wade's next pick and yesterday I sent my last ones to Ty when I realized I wouldnt be available when my slots came up. I dont think we should wait TOO long. I'd like to get my next picks in tonight because tomorrow morning will be busy for me at work.

Comment

• ian2813
                                야구
                                • Dec 2009

Okay, if I've got this straight RMB's up. And Brad has 2 picks coming and can jump in to make them whenever he gets back.
                                I believe that's correct.
                                Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X