Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 476 to 491 of 491

Thread: Josť Reyes Watch

  1. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    I don't have the slightest idea if they plan on building a Latin american all star team or not, but the previous ownership did just that, won the WS, lost money anyway, and wound up breaking up the team.
    But this time, the Fish have their own ballpark, which should allow them to increase their revenue stream.

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,743

    Two positives in case you think the Mets still have a shot at Reyes...

    Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald was told by a source that Hanley Ramirez is "not at all pleased" at the prospect of changing positions if the Marlins sign Jose Reyes.
    In addition, while Ramirez is the godfather to Reyes' daughter, Spencer hears that "they aren't the friends many portray." Ramirez will probably need to change positions in a few years, regardless of whether the Marlins sign Reyes, but they risk making him very unhappy and perhaps demand a trade


    and

    Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Monday that he has spoken with Jose Reyes' agent since he visited the Marlins last week.
    The Marlins reportedly walked away from last week's meeting confident that they'll be able to sign Reyes, but Alderson said Monday that he doesn't expect a quick resolution. And that makes sense. Regardless of what may have been offered, Reyes' representatives would be smart to do their due diligence and see if they can find more money elsewhere.

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,743
    The Marlins offer to Reyes was 90 million for 6 years. That is much lower than I expected. Thats 15 million a year and I thats what I wanted the Mets to pay for him. I think if Wilpon loses Reyes for 15 million a year he needs to be executed on Pay Per View.

  4. #479
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    The Marlins offer to Reyes was 90 million for 6 years. That is much lower than I expected. Thats 15 million a year and I thats what I wanted the Mets to pay for him. I think if Wilpon loses Reyes for 15 million a year he needs to be executed on Pay Per View.
    I would pay to see that
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

  5. #480
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    3,216
    Reyes is gone. Signed by the fish. 6 years 106 million. The Mets didnt even make an offer. More great news. Cant wait for big signings like Matt Capps and Kelly Shoppach to make us forget this. SMH

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,743
    Quote Originally Posted by theAmazingMet View Post
    Reyes is gone. Signed by the fish. 6 years 106 million. The Mets didnt even make an offer. More great news. Cant wait for big signings like Matt Capps and Kelly Shoppach to make us forget this. SMH

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    I guess we can close this thread. The only thing we will watch Jose Reyes do now is leave NY.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    2,214
    The Marlins gave Jose Reyes a $100+ contract to play 3-4 seasons over 6 years.

    The Mets were smart to not bid high on a guy who had a (shortened) career year in the last year of his contract.

    Thanks for the memories, Jose... NEXT!

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    1,522
    I knew this was coming...

    But it's still a sad day.

    This is one I'm pinning on the owners and GMs; even with the injuries, Jose was a player that the Mets should ahve been able to re-sign, and weren't able to, NOT because of Alderson's failings--so pack in that argument and now, Strawman, before you start--but simply because they, the Mets, a NEW YORK MARKET FRANCHISE...

    Couldn't muster the money.

    THAT is embarrassing...and now it's officially cost us.

    First Beltran, then K-Rod, now Reyes...

    If my 49ers didn't just win their first division title and qualify for the playoffs for the first time in a decade...BUT STILL! GAH!

    Tejada looks like at least a competent replacement, but still...he's not Jose...not that we've seen, anyway...

    I'll miss you, Jose...and I'll STILL root you on every time you come to bat!
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,519
    At least Wilpon was correct -- he didn't get Crawford money.

    Well, regardless of whether the deal makes financial sense, for Florida or any other ball club, including the Mets, the loss of Reyes is an emotional blow to the franchise.

    Do the Mets get any kind of compensation? I heard conflicting information about draft pick compensation for free agents in the new CBA.

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by EasilyFound View Post
    Do the Mets get any kind of compensation? I heard conflicting information about draft pick compensation for free agents in the new CBA.
    The team will receive the Marlins' second-round pick as well as a supplemental pick in the 2012 draft for their loss.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  11. #486
    Sandy Alderson at the Winter Meetings alleges Reyes was a priority for the Mets. According to Alderson, the Mets lost $70 million dollars last year and he didn't believe the asking price fit the Mets budget. The Dodgers had no problem signing Kemp and Capuano to big money contracts despite the McCourt debacle. However, the Mets are outbid by the Miami Marlins. The Wilpons are an embarrassment.

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    1,522
    Think about that for a moment...

    NEW YORK...outbid by MIAMI.

    Sorta like the US being outgunned by Guam...no offense to anyone here from Guam...
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea Knight View Post
    Sorta like the US being outgunned by Guam...no offense to anyone here from Guam...
    The Mets are more like Poland.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    The Mets are more like Poland.
    Well, the point is, if they're Poland, it's only because Czar Freddie the Frugal has done F***ed up good! >
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

  15. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea Knight View Post
    Think about that for a moment...

    NEW YORK...outbid by MIAMI.

    Sorta like the US being outgunned by Guam...no offense to anyone here from Guam...
    Wasn't the first time. Lebron chose the Heat over the Knicks last season.

  16. #491
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea Knight View Post
    Think about that for a moment...

    NEW YORK...outbid by MIAMI.

    Sorta like the US being outgunned by Guam...no offense to anyone here from Guam...
    Well Guam is a protectorate of the US, so they have just as many guns as us in a sense.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •