Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Player Per Team Draft Playoffs

[QUOTE=Wade8813;1867620]BigRon's lineup is potent, but it's not as strong compared to mine as he'd have you believe.

Leadoff Hitter: Cobb beats Wagner by a large margin in basically every offensive category. Positional adjustment doesn't matter, because both teams obviously have one player at each position. Cobb had significantly better BA, OB, and SLG - Cobb is ahead by about 40 points in each category, which is huge for a single season and ridiculous for a career.QUOTE]

To clarify- I never said or implied that Wagner was Cobb's equal as a hitter. What I did say was that his power was as good as Cobb's- and it was. Cobb's .045 advantage in SA is driven almost completely by his BA advantage. SA isn't the correct indicator of power- isolated power (ISO) is. Cobb's career ISO is .092- Wagner's is .080. But, because Wagner played in an even more power-depressed time/league than Cobb, his RELATIVE ISO is higher than Cobb's- 174% of league average compared to 159%. Both guys had excellent power for their time, but Wagner's was at least as good as Cobb's- maybe better.

I agree that Cobb was a better hitter than Wagner, but the margin is pretty modest.

Where's Brad, No Roids, and RMB? We need votes!

One Off Bums win the Series.
    "The value of a stat is directly proportional to how good it makes Steve Garvey look." -- Nerdlinger

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    One Off Bums win the Series.
    Wow! And to think Ron never seemed to be able to draft the players he was targeting!

Quote Originally Posted by ian2813 View Post
    Wow! And to think Ron never seemed to be able to draft the players he was targeting!
    Just the players I was targeting. LOL
    "The value of a stat is directly proportional to how good it makes Steve Garvey look." -- Nerdlinger

This was the most fun I've had with any of these drafts, by the way. Kudos to Ty for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    This was the most fun I've had with any of these drafts, by the way. Kudos to Ty for the idea!
    That was terrific. This and the alphabet draft were the most enjoyable I've been in. Great idea, Ty. I'm looking forward to another one sometime.

Congratulations, Ron!

I had a feeling you'd win, but I was hoping to at least put up a bit more of a fight. Ah well, I had fun, and learned a bit more about how to handle future drafts.
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    Congratulations, Ron!

I had a feeling you'd win, but I was hoping to at least put up a bit more of a fight. Ah well, I had fun, and learned a bit more about how to handle future drafts.
    Thanks, Wade. Even though I often had trouble drafting who I wanted (Ithink we were all in that boat!) I felt good about my team. Actually, I thought all the teams were strong- several of the votes were REALLY tough.

Anyhow, lots of fun for everyone.

Sorry I missed the voting, the last few days were very hectic at work.
    Congrats to RMB!

And yes-this was a great draft idea!

Ian and I are both working on alternate versions that we hope to trot out in the near future.

Thank-you, Thank-you. No, please, thank-you.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Hopefully, someone will concoct another classic draft.

And congrats to BigRon's One Off Bums
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234