• locke40
    I ♥ Support Columns
    • Dec 2007

sigpic

Comment

• George H Ruth
      Team Veteran
      • Feb 2008

January, 1950: Dr. Stewart D. Brown, with Ty at the opening of his hospital to Royston.

Detroit owner, Frank Navin, conferring with his manager, Ty Cobb, 1921-22, Navin Park

With Tris Speaker at Yankee Stadium, 1950's.

Ty Cobb/Jack Fournier, 1914

Comment

• George H Ruth
        Team Veteran
        • Feb 2008

Here is what we have: http://baseball-fever.com/showpost.p...&postcount=300

Here is what we were able to find. http://baseball-fever.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=62

With Judge Landis, about 1921-22.

Here is what we have. http://baseball-fever.com/showpost.p...&postcount=229

1928. Wearing a Phil. A's uniform.

On the Phil. A's, 1927: Eddie Collins on the left, Ty in the middle.

Comment

• locke40
          I ♥ Support Columns
          • Dec 2007

7/21/1910

sigpic

Comment

• BSmile
            • Feb 2008

Ty Cobb - 1921

A strange variation on the Detroit "D". Not to mention, the D on his jersey is torn. Looks like he's sporting a black arm-band on his left arm too. ~B (The photo is 1921, and the armband is in tribute to Ray Chapman who was killed the year before. Whenever you see a team with that armband, it's 1921, probably.)

Second picture, an unbelievable assembly of HOF'ers at Toot's place in NYC including Ty. Could you imagine walking in there that day with a blank baseball for autographs!!
            (This Hall of Fame shot must have been taken in 1951. Foxx/Ott were elected in 1951, and Arlie Latham died November 29, 1952. Also, since Harry Heilmann/Paul Waner were elected in 1952, and do not appear in this photo, it must be at the 1951 Cooperstown induction ceremonies.)
            Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• BSmile
              • Feb 2008

Ty's Championship Watch

Here's a picture of the watch that Ty Cobb received as a member of the 1908 A.L. Champion Detroit Tigers. This was in the days before rings were given. It came up for auction several years ago, I don't remember what it went for. Quite a lot I'm sure.
              Oh, and Bill....if you've got correct info/dates about any of the pic's, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it in the spirit of historical correctness.
              Cheers! ~B

Comment

• George H Ruth
                Team Veteran
                • Feb 2008

William go ahead I know your a big Ty Cobb fan and you've been studying him for a long time. I just hope that you enjoy the pictures that I have posted. I'll be posting some fresh ones soon as well, hopefully you'll them them as well.

Comment

• George H Ruth
                  Team Veteran
                  • Feb 2008

Ty Cobb advertised in the paper

Very rare Baseball card

Ty Cobb with his teamates 1907

Ty Cobb posing with a Bat: 1913

Ty Cobb staring at someone: 1913

Addie Joss' Death Benefit Game, Monday, July 24, 1911
                  Here is what we have.---http://baseball-fever.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=81

Comment

• Bill Burgess
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Geoge H Ruth
                    William go ahead I know your a big Ty Cobb fan and you've been studying him for a long time. I just hope that you enjoy the pictures that I have posted. I'll be posting some fresh ones soon as well, hopefully you'll them them as well.
                    OK, George, I will. I am a huge Ty fan, and thought I'd seem bout most of his photos. But you've been able to find some new ones I'd not seen before.

It looks like the Library of Congress website, but I could be wrong. I've searched that site for Ty pics before, and must have overlooked some that you've found.

Also, the ones I found were smaller, and when I blew them up, they distorted. So, I am delighted that you, locke40 and Bsmile have found some new previously undiscovered 'buried gold', that had eluded me!!! You have certainly made my day. These and the rare Babe Ruth shots are a wonderful way to wake up! This is just so satisfying.

Any links you can share?

Comment

• George H Ruth
                      Team Veteran
                      • Feb 2008

Let me do some more research and I'll give you some links my friend.

Last night i've been reading a lot of your Ty Cobb articles, and there's some story's that you posted that I remember my grandfather telling me. Like I said in my previous message, I wish he was still alive, so he could have a nice chit chat with you, he's seen over 30 games of the great Ty Cobb, so he's learned a lot about one of the greatest ball players of all time. I was really young when he told me those stories so I don't remember them all.

I just wish his house never went down in flames because he had great baseball pictures and other valuable stuff of 1900-1930 around, one of the greatest baseball ERA. I remember him showing me a picture of Ty Cobb in one of the games that he went to see him, it was a close up of him, it was faboulous.

But when I have more time i'll find you more pictures and links for ya.

Can't believe I havent found this website earlier.

Comment

• BSmile
                        • Feb 2008

Hey, Ty had a candy bar too!!

Yeah, Ty Cobb actually had a candy bar for a short while too.

1) Ty Cobb Milk Caramel Nut Bar Wrapper - circa. 1925

2) Advertising board for Ty Cobb Milk Caramel Nut Bar

3) Very rare previously unopened Colgan's Mint Chips (gum) Tin - circa. 1910

4) An ad for Colgan's Mint Chip from The Saturday Evening Post (from the era)

Enjoy! ~B

Comment

• Bill Burgess
                          • Oct 2003

Love you guys! Hope you never stop!! I'm insatiable.

Comment

• BSmile
                            • Feb 2008

TY's World War I Registration Card

What the heck....I found it, why not post it!?!!
                            Apparently from 1916.
                            ~B

Comment

• George H Ruth
                              Team Veteran
                              • Feb 2008

Ty Cobb swinging, 1928, with the Phil. A's

Ty Cobb staring down

Ty Cobb looking stunning

Ty Cobb with young fan

Comment

• BSmile
                                • Feb 2008

Ty with Teddy & Ty with Mickey etc.

1) Ty with Ted Williams during Spring Training in Scottsdale, AZ - 1960. This was apparently taken before Ty swore to never talk to Ted again because of a comment Ted made about how Rogers Hornsby outhit Ty a few seasons. A must read about Ty is Al Stump's "Ty Cobb's Wild Ten-Month Fight To Live".

2) Ty with Mickey in the dugout, 1960. Mickey looks a little nervous...Lord knows what Ty is teling him right there.

3) Finally, an ad for wine featuring Ty from 1940. Ummm....ok.

Cheers! ~B

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X