Lots more to come....
    ~B

Close up of Cobb

Tris Speaker, Joe Dimaggio and Ty Cobb in the locker room - July 30, 1955
    Old Timer's Day - Yankee Stadium

Ty Cobb and Buster Keaton Eating Corn on the Cob

Ty Cobb and Connie Mack

Ty Cobb with family

Ty Cobb and his Family: L-R: Mother Amanda, brother Paul, Paul's wife, sister Florence, wife Charlie, Ty.

Ty Cobb & Connie Mack Shaking Hands 1927

Ty Cobb with Doug dale and Frank Ploof

Quote Originally Posted by George H Ruth View Post
    Ty Cobb and Buster Keaton Eating Corn on the Cob
    That looks like field corn!! Bleccchhh!!!
    What a bizarre photo...anybody know what the context is?

Ty Cobb with family
    Cobb's wife looks terrified for some reason...isn't it amazing that it took so many years for baby car seats to be invented? I can remember sitting in my Mom's lap in the front seat while my Dad drove, seems impossibly dangerous now.

OOOPS! OK, here's that picture....Ty Cobb, Frank Ploof, Fred (Dutch) Hoffman, Bob Shawkey - Japan 1928
    Attachment 95825
    A week after marrying his 2nd wife, Frances Cass, October, 1949, Stork Club, NYC.
    Attachment 95826

L-R: Miss Robey Lyle, Ty Cobb, Miss Florence King , Grace Haught

Sporting the medal he received for winning the 1909 BA crown, wearing gloves.

Bobby Jones/Ty Cobb

L-R: Ty Cobb, Sam Hardy, former captain of the Davis Cup tennis team; Beals Wright, former tennis champion; Mrs. Dorothy Campbell Hurd, former national and international women's champion (golf); Miss Elizabeth Ryan, second ranking women's tennis player; and William Tilden II, world's champion tennis player.

October 30, 1913, Detroit, Mich.; Ty Cobb/Governor Woodrow Wilson stand next to each other on the far left.

Ty Cobb next to his car

Representative Kelly of Pennsylvania, former Ball Player, announced he is ready against Tris Speaker and Ty Cobb in connection with the recent scandal expose. Photo shows J. Frank Carswell of Augusta, Georgia reading the resolutions of confidence to Ty Cobb, which were passed by Ty's home towners.

Ty Cobb autographing a bat for Jimmie McDonald.

Ty Cobb and his wife, Charlie showing what they hunted

Ty and his dog

Hunting Party

National League 75th Anniversary
    Jimmie Foxx, newest member of Baseball's Hall of Fame, is caught between Tris Speaker (L) and Ty Cobb (R)

Stand Musial/Ty Cobb

January, 1927: Tris Speaker/Ty Cobb. Preparing to coordinate their legal suit against baseball, unless Judge Landis cleared their names.

Ford Frick, President of the National League; Chairman Emanuel Celler, (D) NY, Ty Cobb

Ty Cobb, Thomas Edison, Connie Mack

Ty Cobb with family 1914

L-R: Ty Cobb, Babe Adams and Hans Wagner 1925

Ty Cobb Wearing Glasses 1926

Left to Right: Nick Altrock of Senators, Ty Cobb, Rogers Hornsby, Connie Mack, Christy Walsh, Manager Joe MacCarthy, Babe Ruth, and John McGraw 1929

1) Ty Cobb at court...and not looking too happy - May 11, 1956

2) Ty - Nov. 27, 1953 - Showing off the medallions for the trustee's of his new foundation

3) Ty in 1939 at the HOF, chatting with sports writer Grantland Rice.

Ty Cobb with Hoffman? 1928

Blog Entries
    Hey guys. I'm so sick of seeing so many Babe Ruth rare photos, which have so little to nothing to do with the game of baseball, while this thread rots!

Cobb was so much more interesting a subject, and yet we continue to get a gazillion boring Babe shots and no cool Cobb photos.

Where's the enlarged panoramic Ty stuff? I'm just Babed-out. (Just playin' wichaya'yall. Wink.)

Per Bill's comment below expressing interest only in photos of Ty in baseball uniform, I hereby delete the photo previously attached here -one of Ty holding the golf trophy he won in a match with Ruth.

Blog Entries
    I'll be honest with you, Proctor. I'm not interested in photos of Cobb/Ruth not in uniform, or not an action shot.

I like full-length action shots of players in their primes. Not head shots, not in civilian clothes, not old man shots. I'm just not into the culture of the game.

But that's just me.

OK Bill....
    I posted this one recently on another Ty Cobb thread. I thought it was this one but I guess it was a much older thread. So here it is again. It's actually one of the funnier pic's I've seen of Ty...just because he's wearing a silly party hat! Haha....yeah, it was taken on March 17, 1938 (St. Patricks Day). He was in San Francisco, CA for a golf tournament. Looks like he's playing dominoes with some of the guys. Also, I've got some other good Ty stuff on the backburner...I'll have to clean them up and post them.
    Cheers! ~B

"I'm not interested in photos of Cobb/Ruth not in uniform, or not an action shot"

Sorry Bill....it is classic to see Ty in a party hat though!

Blog Entries
    Would love to see this thread resurrected and great new action shots of Ty posted.

Rounding 3rd, aheadin' for home, 1909-10, against the Highlanders (Yankees)---------------------1908-13

Attached Images Attached Images

Ty Cobb: 1920

Ty Cobb 1918-1920 with a torn up uniform (2).jpgTy Cobb 1918-1920 with a torn up uniform.JPG

Notice the rip on the 'D' logo on Cobb's chest. It looks like this is the same jersey he's wearing in the leftmost video you posted, Bill. I wonder if there are any other photos depicting Cobb in this same tattered jersey. And does anyone know if the black armband on his left sleeve can date this photo to a specific year?

EDIT: And I've actually got another of Ty in the same jersey
    Ty Cobb leaping with tattered jersey.JPG
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Ty Cobb with Hoffman? 1928
    Where I found this photo, the man next to Cobb was labeled as possibly being Herb Hunter.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Banks#14 View Post
    [B][COLOR="Red"]And does anyone know if the black armband on his left sleeve can date this photo to a specific year?
    Yes, we can date a photo from that black armband. It was adopted late in 1920 by many teams in honor of Ray Chapman. Some teams also kept it in 1921.

So, whenever you see it, think 1920-21.

Blog Entries
    What happened to this cool thread?

Ty getting loose before a game - 1908
    Looks like he's getting his game face on!

These are some great pictures of the greatest player to ever live. Keep up the good work guys.

Blog Entries
    I just noticed a discrepancy here, guys. Notice the photo below. It is from the Corbis collection. And here is the caption that Corbis attaches to it.

"Original caption: Four all time greats of baseball, each one a member of the Hall Of Fame, are shown gazing Nostalgically at a cudgel as they were reunited in New York for tomorrow's observance of the National League's 75th anniversary celebration. From left are Fred Clark, who starred in the outfield of the Pittsburgh Pirates; Charley Gehringer, second baseman of the Detroit Tigers; Ty Cobb, Tiger outfielder and Rogers Hornsby, second baseman of the St. Louis Cardinals. Fifteen of the 22 living members of the Hall of Fame will be at the party.
    Image: Bettmann/CORBIS

Date Photographed: February 1, 1951"

Boy, did Corbis blow THAT caption. It was obviously intended for some other photo. This photo shows Cobb chatting with sports writer Grantland Rice, but it ain't in 1951! That's for sure. Ty never looked that good that late in his life. It appears it might be from the 1930's. Maybe the original Hall of Fame Dedication in June, 1939. That might be more like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Made this one just for you Bill:

Ty & The Babe:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OleMissCub View Post
    Made this one just for you Bill:

Ty & The Babe:

Why thank you OleMissCub! That was very generous of you. Sincerely.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast