Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On Field Picture Thread

On Field Picture Thread

Anyone have pictures of stadiums while they were on the field? Warning track photos are fine, but I think photos from the infield and outfield would be really cool.

Some of my pics from the dugout @ Tropicana last season

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

Fenway

CBP

shea 88/89...

was shooting @ shea during old timers day '88 and seaver day '89...
    clockwise in each group -
    1st group - '69 team pix, ernie banks, bill robinson, jay jonstone
    2nd group - paul blair, dave cash, dennis lenoard, roy white, ralph kiner, the glider, bobby bonds, dick groat, billy williams, bill robinson
    3rd pix - jim mcandrew

more to come...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul W; 01-17-2010 at 04:29 PM.

baltimore memorial 1991...

was there in the summer of '91...
    was one of the last parks without still photo boxes, if you were shooting the game you were on the field between the dugouts and backstop screen - hence the rules.
    group 1 - johnny oats w/player, roberto kelly, view from visitors dugout, donnie baseball
    group 2 - right field corner, my pal al trautwig, o's dugout, o's dugout towards lf.
    o's photographer rules, the fella ernie tyler who supplied baseballs for the game kept an eye on photogs and kept them on their toes...
    Last edited by Paul W; 01-17-2010 at 06:11 PM.

fenway...

was at fenway in '91 or '92...
    group 1 - monster, view from in front of dugout, 1st base stands, view to cf.
    group 2 - moe vaughn, rf stands, view from camera pit to .400 club, wade boggs
    group 3 - l to r - arrow shows camera pit where i sat, view from viz. dugout, lf pole and monster

What's with the X's?

skydome...

skydome in '90, not long after it opened...
    group 1 - dugout and access, reverse angle of access looking towards dugout, grounds crew removing mound, next 3 - removing 2-3" of infield dirt before installing astroturf for football
    group 2 - jim abbot, player/dugout access under stands, me there, opening the roof (the roof was moved only when the stands were empty, before and after games. the club said it was for safety reasons but i talked to an usher had he said that during the 1st home-stand the roof was closed immediately after games and the exiting crowd stopped in their tracks to watch it happen and the jays had to pay the ushers for another 1/2 hour, as usual follow the $$$$'s for the truth), more roof opening.
    group 3 - roof open during bp, "steroid boy" mcguire, jays dugout, jorge "canadian-baseball-fans-can kiss-my-ass" bell doing an interview post-game.

oys

old yankee stadium 6/26/70...
    ron woods in 1st base dugout, baseball writers softball game
    Last edited by Paul W; 01-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.

shea 88/89...

more pix from mets old timers day...
    group 1 - seaver throwing, koosman and seaver, dick groat and arthur richman, rusty
    group 2 - nolan ryan interview '88

Paul, I'm sure those OYS pics weren't from 1979.

Turner Field from Braves Dugout

Pictures from the stadium tour of Turner Field in Atlanta from 2006.
    Attachment 80419

Attachment 80420

Attachment 80421

Attachment 80422

Attachment 80423
    Last edited by slp0014; 01-17-2010 at 09:29 PM.

A few shots of Citi Field as seen during the season ticket holder's Mr. Met Dash 10/4/09...

Looking towards left field from just to the right of the bullpens...

(Photo taken October 4, 2009. Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

A view from right field with the sun in your eyes...

(Photo taken October 4, 2009. Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

View looking from right field towards center field...

Looking straight down the right field line...

The Citi Vision scoreboard as seen from the basepath, between first and second bases...

The stands behind home plate as seen from just past second base...

The stands along the first base side, and behind the Mets' dugout, as seen from just past second base...

View from the tunnel on the third base side. This is the tunnel the umpires use when they have to go inside to review a disputed home run call.

X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Mets Fantasy Camp

I go to Mets Fantasy Camp, and each year there is a reunion during the Baseball season. We attend a ame, are introduced on te field, and the next day we actually get to play ball on the field in uniform. My Fantasy Camp group was the last to play at Shea and the first to play at Citi. Some appropriate pics from last year (June)at Citi follow.BTW--I'm #13, SHOTSKY n the pic by the batting cage, waiting for my turn to bat before the actual game. As you can see by the scoreboard, my team won--I scored! The final pic is taken from the dugout while my team batted--Ed Charles is the first base coach.:

day at the show...

the bay area msbl rents the phone co. park from the gi-ants for three days ever year, here i am hitting and the squad...
    Last edited by Paul W; 01-19-2010 at 01:16 AM.

My son patrolling LF at OYS..
    Last edited by tdinan; 01-19-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Showing the little guy where Home Plate used to be...

A few of mine:
    Safeco

Yankee

Camden Yards

PNC

Petco

Fenway

ATT

Kauffman

Some pics from Camera Day at Anaheim Stadium, 8/16/87. Angels hosting the Oakland Athletics.

(these were taken with a 110 camera that was almost 10 years old back then, so the quality may not be the best. Also, this is my first pictyre post on BBF, so please bear with me)

Brian Downing:

Don Sutton:

Doug DeCinces:

Jerry Reuss:

(did that guy pitch forever or what? I had a rookie card for him in 1970! (when he was in the Cardinals system, though I don't think he came up for good until a year or so later), and there he is still active 17 years later. And I'm not sure that 1987 was his last year either (don't feel like looking it up on baseball-reference.com)

Darrell Miller:

(who is only the 3rd most famous athlete in his family)

Gary Pettis:

More next post...

Part 2 from Camera Day at Anaheim Stadium 8/16/87

Manager Gene Mauch:

And since this is a stadium thread, the Anaheim Stadium scoreboard (this is the one that collapsed during the Northridge earthquake, despite being like 60 miles to the south):

As the festivities were winding down, and we were heading back into the seats, saw a familiar person in the Angels bullpen:

Could it be...

Indeed! Mr. October!

Reggie came onto the field as the fans were leaving, many fans were calling out to him to get him to pose for a picture, he ignored them all, but he made sure that he could be easily seen That's Reggie, gotta love him

shea 80's...

more from shea '88/'89...
    a. mcreynolds, strawberry, will clark
    b. old timers day - al weis, lindsey nelson, brock, agee, joe pignatano,
    h. johnson, dennis leonard, seaver, agee, bobby pfeil/nate
    colbert, jack dilauro
    c. orlando cepeda/d. johnson, seaver, tug hitting & throwing bp
    d. player family day - carter, johnson
    e. johnson, straw/perlozzo, will clark, johnson/robby thompson/bill fahey

the ex...

exhibition stadium, toronto 1989, about a month after the jays moved to the dome...

pilot field...

buffalo's pilot field, 1989...
    pitcher in 3rd group is bob tewksbury
    bottom pix - sam khalifa, jay bell #3
    Last edited by Paul W; 01-30-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast