• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aa3rt
    Still a Senators fan!
    • Oct 2003

Monday, May 16th Nationals 4, Pirates 2

The Pittsburgh Pirates come to Washington for a two game set. Despite outhitting the Nationals 10 to 6, the Pirates suffer the loss while Washington inches its way back to within 1 win of the .500 mark.

Nationals 4, Pirates 2 WP Cole Kimball, LP Paul Maholm

The final line: Washington 4 runs, 6 hits, 0 errors, Pittsburgh 2 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Tuesday, May 17th vs the Pirates in Washington, game time 1:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 20 wins, 21 losses

Current streak: 2 wins
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• Aa3rt
      Still a Senators fan!
      • Oct 2003

Tuesday, May 17th Pirates @ Washington rained out

A storm front drawing moisture from the Atlantic and rain over much of the northeast caused the Nationals to cancel Tuesday's game against the Pirates.

The Pirates will return to Washington on July 1st through 3rd but the date/time of the make up game is still to be determined.

Next game: Wednesday, May 18th vs the Mets in New York, game time 7:10PM EDT
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• Aa3rt
        Still a Senators fan!
        • Oct 2003

May 18th & 19th-Shutout twice in New York

The Nationals head to New York for a two game set with the Mets but seem to forget their bats, being shut out twice.

Wednesday, May 18th Mets 3, Nationals 0 WP Jonathan Niese, LP Tom Gorzelanny

The final line: Mets 3 runs, 9 hits, 0 errors, Nationals 0 runs, 3 hits, 1 error

Thursday, May 19th Mest 1, Nationals 0 WP Dillon Gee, LP Livan Hernandez

The final line: Mets 1 run, 7 hits, 0 errors, Nationals 0 runs, 3 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Friday, May 20th vs. the Orioles in Baltimore, game time 7:05PM

Nationals record: 20 wins, 23 losses

Current streak: 3 losses h
        Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-21-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
          Still a Senators fan!
          • Oct 2003

Friday, May 20th Washington Nationals 17, Baltimore Orioles 5

Interleague play resumes as the Nationals make their way to Baltimore for the 2011 version of the "Battle of the Beltways".

The anemic Nationals offense that had been shut out 7 times this season, including their last 2 games, FINALLY comes to life with a 17 run, 19 hit attack as the Nationals set a new team high for home runs since the franchise moved from Montreal to Washington in 2005.

Washington starter Jason Marquis pitched 4 innings giving up 8 hits, 5 runs 3 walks and 2 strikeouts. The win went to Henry Rodriguez. Washington used 4 pitchers in the game.

For the Orioles starter Jake Arrieta is charged with the loss, going 3.2 innings giving up 6 hits and 6 runs including 1 home run while striking out 2 and walking 3. The Orioles used 5 pitchers.

The Orioles managed doubles by Felix Pie, Matt Wieters and Mark Reynolds while the Nationals countered with triples from Wilson Ramos and Danny Espinosa and a 6 home run attack from Roger Bernardina, Laynce Nix, Wilson Ramos, Danny Espinosa and Jayson Werth, who homered twice.

Both teams left 8 runners on base.

The final line: Nationals 17 runs, 19 hits, 0 errors, Orioles 5 runs, 12 hits, 0 errors.

Next game: Saturday, May 21st vs the Orioles in Baltimore, game time 4:05PM

Nationals record: 21 wins, 23 losses

Current streak: 1 win

Comment

• Aa3rt
            Still a Senators fan!
            • Oct 2003

Saturday, May 21st Orioles 8, Nationals 3

The Nationals should have saved some of those 17 runs for Saturday as they only manage to cross the plate 3 times in a loss to the Orioles.

Baltimore 8, Washington 3 WP Jeremy Guthrie, LP John Lannan

The final line: Orioles 8 runs, 14 hits, 1 error, Nationals 3 runs, 7 hits, 1 error

Next game: Sunday, May 22nd vs the Orioles in Baltimore, game time 1:35PM

Nationals record: 21 wins, 24 losses

Current streak: 1 loss

Comment

• Aa3rt
              Still a Senators fan!
              • Oct 2003

Sunday, May 22nd Orioles 2, Nationals 1

Despite having double the number of hits, the Nationals succumb to the Orioles again. A two run homer by Vladimir Guerrero provides the winning margin.

Orioles 2, Nationals 1 WP Jim Johnson, LP Jordan Zimmermann

The final line: Baltimore 2 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors, Washington 1 run, 8 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Monday, May 23rd vs the Brewers in Milwaukee, game time 8:10PM EDT

Nationals record: 21 wins, 25 losses

Current streak: 2 losses
              Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-23-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                Still a Senators fan!
                • Oct 2003

Monday, May 23 - Wednesday, May 25th - 0 for 3 in Milwaukee

After losing 2 in New York against the Mets and losing another 2 of 3 in Baltimore against the Orioles, the Nationals sink further in the National League East by losing 3 straight in Milwaukee.

Monday, May 23rd Milwaukee 11, Washington 3 WP Yovani Gallardo LP Tom Gorzelanny

The final line: Brewers 11 runs, 12 hits, 2 errors, Nationals 3 runs, 8 hits, 1 error

Tuesday, May 24th Brewers 7, Nationals 6 WP Mike McClendon LP Henry Rodriguez

The final line: Brewers 7 runs, 8 hits, 1 error, Nationals 6 runs, 11 hits, 1 error

Wednesday, May 25th Brewers 7, Nationals 6 WP Zack Greinke, LP Jason Marquis

The final line: Brewers 6 runs, 7 hits, 1 error, Nationals 4 runs, 6 hits, 1 error

Next game: Friday, May 27th vs the San Diego Padres in Washington, game time 7:10PM EDT

Nationals record: 21 wins, 28 losses

Current streak: 5 losses :hissyfit: :choke: :dismay: h
                Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                  Still a Senators fan!
                  • Oct 2003

May 27th & 28th

Friday, May 27th Washington 2, San Diego 1 WP Drew Storen, LP Mike Adams

The final line: Nationals 2 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors, Padres 1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors

Saturday, May 28th Padres 2, Nationals 1 WP Tim Stauffer, LP Jordan Zimmermann

The final line: Padres 2 runs, 7 hits, 0 errors, Nationals 1 run, 5 hits, 1 error

Next game: Sunday, May 29th vs the Padres in Washington, game time 1:35PM EDT

Nationals record: 22 wins, 29 losses

Comment

• Aa3rt
                    Still a Senators fan!
                    • Oct 2003

Sunday, May 29th Padres 5, Nationals 4

The Padres take 2 of 3, winning the final game in the match. The Nationals are now 5-11 in one run games.

Padres 5, Nationals 4 WP Luke Gregerson, LP Drew Storen

The final line: Padres 5 runs, 10 hits, 2 errors, Nationals 4 runs, 11 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Monday, May 30th vs the Philadelphia Phillies in Washington, game time 1:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 22 wins, 30 losses

Last edited by Aa3rt; 05-31-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                      Still a Senators fan!
                      • Oct 2003

Monday, May 30th-Philadelphia 5, Washington 4

The Phillies take the opening game of a 3 game set in Washington by a score of 5-4. The Nationals are now 5-12 in one run games.

Phillies 5, Nationals 4 WP Roy Halladay, LP Sean Burnett

The final line: Phillies 5 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors, Nationals 4 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Tuesday, May 31st vs the Phillies in Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 22 wins, 31 losses

Current streak: 3 losses

Comment

• Aa3rt
                        Still a Senators fan!
                        • Oct 2003

May 31st & June 1st Two wins against the Phillies!

Tuesday, May 31st The Nationals bats come alive for at least one game in a 10-2 win over the Phillies, Danny Espinosa homers twice.

Nationals 10, Phillies 2 WP Jason Marquis, LP Cliff Lee

The final line: Nationals 10 runs, 13 hits, 1 error, Phillies 2 runs, 9 hits, 0 errors

Wednesday, June 1st The Nationals eke out another victory in a scorching hot afternoon game. The margin of victory is a Laynce Nix solo home run. Nix also made an outstanding catch in left field with the bases loaded to help preserve the victory. John Lannan FINALLY gets a win over the Phillies after 14 tries.

Nationals 2, Phillies 1 WP John Lannan, LP Roy Oswalt

The final line: Nationals 2 runs, 6 hits, 2 errors, Phillies 1 run, 5 his, 0 errors

Next game: Thursday, June 2nd vs the Diamondbacks in Arizona, game time 9:40PM EDT

Nationals record: 24 wins, 31 losses

Current streak: 2 wins

Comment

• Aa3rt
                          Still a Senators fan!
                          • Oct 2003

Thursday, June 3rd-Nationals 6, Diamondbacks 1

The 11 game road trip gets off to a good start with a win in Arizona. Jordan Zimmermann gave up one run in 7 innings and Drew Storen earns his 11th save.

Nationals 6, Diamondbacks 1 WP Jordan Zimmermann, LP Zach Duke

The final line: Washington 6 runs, 13 hits, 0 errors, Arizona 1 run, 8 hits, 0 errors.

Next game: Friday, June 3rd vs the D'backs in Arizona, game time 9:40PM EDT

Nationals record: 25 wins, 31 losses

Current streak: 3 wins

Comment

• Aa3rt
                            Still a Senators fan!
                            • Oct 2003

Friday, June 3rd Arizona 4, Washington 0

The three game winning streak comes to a crashing halt in the Arizona desert as the Nationals are held to 3 hits. Arizona's 4 runs come from a solo homer by Chris Young and a bases clearing triple stroked by Stephen Drew.

Diamondbacks 4, Nationals 0 WP Josh Collmenter, LP Yunesky Maya

The final line: Arizona 4 runs, 8 hits, 0 errors, Washington 0 runs, 3 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Saturday, June 4th vs Arizona, game time 8:10PM EDT

Nationals record: 25 wins, 32 losses

Comment

• Aa3rt
                              Still a Senators fan!
                              • Oct 2003

Saturday, June 4th Arizona 2, Washington 0

The Nationals are shut out for the second straight night in Arizona. Although both teams were held to just 4 hits, the D'backs made the most of theirs by pushing 2 runs across the plate. Arizona shortstop Stephen Drew triples for the second night in a row, collecting a RBI.

Diamondbacks 2, Nationals 0 WP Joe Saunders, LP Livan Hernandez

The final line: Arizona 2 runs, 4 hits, 1 error, Washington 0 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Sunday, June 5th vs the D'backs in Arizona, game time 4:10PM EDT

Nationals record: 25 wins, 33 losses

Comment

• Aa3rt
                                Still a Senators fan!
                                • Oct 2003

Sunday, June 5th Nationals 9, Diamondbacks 4 (11 innings)

The Nationals score 5 runs in the top of the 11th to even the series in Arizona.

Washington 9, Arizona 4 WP Sean Burnett, LP Joe Paterson

The final line: Nationals 9 runs, 1 hits, 0 errors, D'backs 4 runs, 6 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Monday, June 6th vs. the Giants in San Francisco, game time 10:15PM EDT

Nationals record: 26 wins, 33 losses

Current streak: 1 win
                                Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-07-2011, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X