X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aa3rt
    Still a Senators fan!
    • Oct 2003

Monday, June 6th Giants 5, Nationals 4 (13 innings)

The extra inning magic doesn't appear for a second night as the Nationals take a 4-0 lead into the 7th inning but give up a run in the 7th and 3 more in the 8th. The Giants win in the bottom of the 13th.

Giants 5, Nationals 4 WP Javier Lopez, LP Craig Stammen

The final line: San Francisco 5 runs, 12 hits, 0 errors Washington 4 runs, 9 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Tuesday, June 7th vs the Giants in San Francisco, game time 10:15PM EDT

Nationals record: 26 wins, 34 losses

Current streak: 1 loss
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• Aa3rt
      Still a Senators fan!
      • Oct 2003

Tuesday, June 7th-Nationals 2, Giants 1

Jordan Zimmermann pitches 7 innings of 5 hit ball and helps his own cause by driving in the winning run in a 2-1 win in San Francisco.

Washington 2, San Francisco 1 WP Jordan Zimmermann, LP Jonathan Sanchez

The final line: Nationals 2 runs, 7 hits, 0 errors, Giants 1 run, 5 hits, 2 errors

Next game: Wednesday, June 8th vs the Giants in San Francisco, game time 3:45PM EDT

Nationals record: 27 wins, 34 losses

Current streak: 1 win
      Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-12-2011, 09:48 AM.
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• Aa3rt
        Still a Senators fan!
        • Oct 2003

June 8-10, Time to catch up...

Wednesday, June 8th Matt Cain pitches a complete game for the Giants in a victory over the Nationals.

San Francisco 3, Washington 1 WP Matt Cain, LP Sean Burnett

The final line: Giants 3 runs, 8 hits, 1 error, Nationals 1 run, 5 hits, 0 errors

Thursday, June 9th The Nationals move down the west coast to San Diego but the results are the same-the Nationals lose. San Diego ties a season high with 7 runs scored at home and Livan Hernandez isn't his usual self, giving up 9 hits and 6 runs in 5.1 innings.

San Diego 7, Washington 3 WP Aaron Harang, LP Livan Hernandez

The final line: Padres 7 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors, Nationals 3 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors

Friday, June 10th The Nationals break their losing streak with a 2-1 victory over the Padres. Mike Morse strokes a 2 run homer and the Nationals pitchers hold the Padres to 1 run.

Washington 2, San Diego 1 WP Jason Marquis, LP Mat Latos

The final line: Nationals 2 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors, Padres 1 run, 4 hits, 1 error

Next game Saturday, June 11th vs the Padres in San Diego, game time 8:35PM EDT

Nationals record: 28 wins, 36 losses

Comment

• Aa3rt
          Still a Senators fan!
          • Oct 2003

Saturday, June 11th-Nationals 2, Padres 1

The Nationals manage to eke out another 2-1 win in San Diego. Jim Riggleman tries to shake up the batting order with little effect however the Nationals scored 2 runs in the first inning and managed to hang on for the win. Interestingly the Padres left 9 men on base to the Nationals 3.

Both teams were wearing throwback jerseys, the Padres dressed in the uniforms of the 1936 San Diego Padres of the Pacific Coast League, the Nationals in 1936 Washington Senators uniforms.

Nationals 2, Padres 1 WP John Lannan, LP Clayton Richard.

The final line: Washington 2 runs, 5 hits, 0 errors, San Diego 1 run, 6 hits, 0 errors.

Next game: Sunday, June 12th vs the Padres in San Diego, game time 4:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 29 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 2 wins
          Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-12-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
            Still a Senators fan!
            • Oct 2003

Sunday, June 12th-Nationals 2, Padres 0

Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann and Padres starter Tim Stauffer duel each other for 7 scoreless innings. Zimmermann strikes out 10 and walks 1 while surrendering 4 hits while Stauffer struck out 5, giving up the same number of hits and walked 4. Neither figure in the decision though when Washington finally manages to push 2 runs across the plate in the top of the 9th inning.

Washington 2, San Diego 0 WP Todd Coffey, LP Heath Bell

The final line: Nationals 2 runs, 9 hits, 0 errors, Padres 0 runs, 5 hits, 0 errors.

Next game: Tuesday, June 14th (Flag Day) vs the St. Louis Cardinals in Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 30 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 3 wins
            Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-15-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
              Still a Senators fan!
              • Oct 2003

Tuesday, June 14th-Nationals 8, Cardinals 6

Ryan Zimmerman returns to the lineup after a month and a half on the DL and contributes a two-run double when it matters as the Nationals claw their way back from a 6-1 deficit for an 8-6 victory over the Cardinals in Washington.

Once again neither starter, Yunesky Maya for the Nationals, Jamie Garcia for the Cardinals, figures in the decision. Maya gave up all 6 St. Louis runs and is still in search of his first major league victory.

Washington 8, St. Louis 6 WP Henry Rodriguez, LP Miguel Batista

The final line: Nationals 8 runs, 13 hits, 0 errors, St. Louis 6 runs, 9 hits, 2 errors

Next game: Wednesday, June 15th vs the Cardinals in Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 31 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 4 wins!!!

Comment

• Aa3rt
                Still a Senators fan!
                • Oct 2003

Wednesday, June 15th-Nationals 10, Cardinals 0

Livan Hernandez pitches a complete game 3 hit shutout and the Washington hitters finally show some life as the Nationals cruise to a 10-0 victory. Hernandez' complete game was the 50th of his career. Jayson Werth, Danny Espinosa and Mike Morse homered for Washington, Morse slugging two round trippers.

Washington 10, St. Louis 0 WP Livan Hernandez, LP Kyle McClelland

The final line: Washington 10 runs, 15 hits, 0 errors, St. Louis 0 runs, 3 hits, 3 errors

Next game: Thursday, June 16th vs the Cardinals in Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 32 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 5 wins!!!
                Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-17-2011, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                  Still a Senators fan!
                  • Oct 2003

Thursday, June 16th Washington 7, St. Louis 4 (10 innings)

The surprising Nationals sweep the Cardinals in Washington with a 10 inning 7-4 win. The Cardinals stroked 3 home runs but the Nationals countered with 4 by Jayson Werth, Roger Bernadina, Laynce Nix and the game winning 3 run homer from Danny Espinosa.

Washington 7, St. Louis 4 WP Sean Burnett, LP Fernando Salas

The final line: Nationals 7 runs, 10 hits, 1 error, Cardinals 4 runs, 8 hits, 2 errors

Next game: Friday, June 17th The "Battle of the Beltways" resumes with the Baltimore Orioles coming to Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 33 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 6 wins!!!

Comment

• Aa3rt
                    Still a Senators fan!
                    • Oct 2003

Friday, June 17th Washington 8, Baltimore 4

The "Battle of the Beltways" resumes in Washington with a 3 games series. Despite being outhit 18 to 10, the surprising Nationals emerge as 8-4 winners in the first game of the set.

Neither starting pitcher is around for the decision, with Sean Burnett getting the win, Jeremy Accardo being charged with the loss. Washington used 6 pitchers in the contest, Baltimore 5.

Roger Bernadina stroked his third home run of the season, his second in two days.

Washington stranded 9 runners on the basepaths, Baltimore 12.

Washington 8, Baltimore 4 WP Sean Burnett, LP Jeremy Accardo

The final line: Nationals 8 runs, 10 hits, 0 errors, Orioles 4 runs, 18 hits, 2 errors

Next game: Saturday, June 18th vs the Orioles in Washington, game time 1:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 34 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 7 wins!!!
                    Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-23-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                      Still a Senators fan!
                      • Oct 2003

Saturday, June 18th-Nationals 4, Orioles 2

The Nationals extend their winning streak to 8 games with a 4-2 victory over the Orioles on Saturday afternoon. Ryan Zimmerman and Mike Morse both homer in the win.

Drew Storen earns his 17th save in 19 attempts.

Washington 4, Baltimore 2 WP Jordan Zimmermann, LP Brian Matusz.

The final line: Nationals 4 runs, 8 hits, 0 errors, Orioles 2 runs, 8 his, 0 errors

Next game: Sunday, June 19th vs the Orioles in Washington, game time 1:35PM EDT

Nationals record: 35 wins, 36 losses

Current streak: 8 wins!!!

Comment

• Aa3rt
                        Still a Senators fan!
                        • Oct 2003

Sunday, June 19th-Orioles 7, Nationals 4

The Nationals drive for a .500 record and their 9th consecutive win hits a roadblock in a Father's Day loss to the Baltimore Orioles.

Roger Bernadina and Danny Espinsosa both homer in the losing cause. The Nationals were undone by Baltimore's 14 hits and also by committing 3 errors.

Baltimore 7, Washington 4 WP Chris Jakubauskas, LP Tom Gorzelanny

The final line: Orioles 7 runs, 14 hits, 0 errors, Nationals 4 runs, 9 hits, 3 errors

Next game: Tuesday, June 21st vs the Seattle Mariners in Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 35 wins, 37 losses

Current streak: 1 loss
                        Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-20-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• bryanac625
                          • Jun 2006

Tuesday, June 21- Nats 6, Mariners 5
                          What an incredible game last night. I turned on the radio at just the right time. Ryan Z. had just grounded into his 3rd DP. At that moment, before I even knew the score, I just knew they were losing. Then Hairston came up with two out. And then, everyting happened so perfectly. That was for sure the game of the week, if not the month.

The official website of the Washington Nationals with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                            Still a Senators fan!
                            • Oct 2003

Tuesday, June 21st Washington 6, Seattle 5

As Bryan mentioned above, what an incredible finish! The Nationals celebrate the first day of summer with their biggest comeback since the franchise moved to Washington in 2005 by scoring 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning for a 6-5 victory over the Seattle Mariners.

Seattle starter Doug Fister pitched a great game for 8 innings, giving up just 3 hits and 1 run. However he didn't figure in the decision. For Washington, Livan Hernandez had his shortest, and possibly worst, start of the year surrendering 5 runs and 10 hits in just 4 innings.

The winning blow for the Nationals was a 3 run walk off homer by Wilson Ramos, struck with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th inning, incidentally Washington's only extra base hit of the game.

Nationals 6, Mariners 5 WP Todd Coffey, LP Doug Fister

The final line: Washington 6 runs, 7 hits, 1 error, Seattle 5 runs, 13 hits, 1 error

Next game: Wednesday, June 22nd vs the Mariners in Washington, game time 7:05PM EDT

Nationals record: 36 wins, 37 losses

Last edited by Aa3rt; 06-23-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Aa3rt
                              Still a Senators fan!
                              • Oct 2003

Wednesday, June 22nd-Nationals 2, Mariners 1

There was no dramatic finish this evening as both teams struggle at the plate and in the field with both starting pitchers figuring in the decision. Drew Storen earns his 18th save for Washington. The Nationals are back at the .500 mark for the first time since May 11th.

Nationals 2, Mariners 1 WP John Lannan, LP Erik Bedard

The final line: Washington 2 runs, 5 hits, 2 errors, Seattle 1 run, 6 hits, 2 errors

Next game: Thursday, June 23rd vs Seattle in Washington, game time 1:05Pm

Nationals record: 37 wins, 37 losses

Current streak: 2 wins

Comment

• Aa3rt
                                Still a Senators fan!
                                • Oct 2003

Thursday, June 23rd-Nationals 1, Mariners 0

Overshadowed by Jim Riggleman's surprising resignation Thursday afternoon was the fact that there was a baseball game played with the Nationals winning the 11th of their last 12.

The Nationals sweep the Mariners with a 1-0 finale in Washington. The Nationals scored their only run in the bottom of the 9th on a Laynce Nix sacrifice fly.

It was a pitchers duel for the full 9 innings, however neither starter figured in the decision.

For the Nationals, Jason Marquis pitched 5 and a third innings of no hit ball until opposing starter Michael Pineda got his first major league hit, a bloop single to shallow center field.

Nationals 1, Mariners 0 WP Tyler Clippard, LP Chris Ray

The final line: Washington 1 run, 6 hits, 0 errors, Seattle 0 runs, 4 hits, 1 error

Next game: Friday, June 24th vs the White Sox in Chicago, game time 8:10PM EDT

Nationals record: 38 wins, 37 losses

Current streak: 3 wins

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X