X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BornthedaythebumswontheWS
    • Dec 2008

$22M for Pujuls + $8M for Chartity = $30M

A friend of mine had the idea below. It would keep both Albert and the Cardinals happy. It would be a "win/win" proposition!

Here it is. . . .

The Facts:

1. Albert Pujols is worth a $30M/year, multi-year contract based on the fact that there are several owners willing to pay this amount
    2. Albert Pujols knows that the difference between a $22M/year contact and a $30M/year contract will make no difference in his life
    3. Albert Pujols is a very charitable man who actively supports Downs Syndrome children and charities in the Dominican Republic
    4. Albert Pujols wants to remain a Cardinal
    5. Tens of thousands of Cardinal fans want Albert Pujols to remain a Cardinal

The Proposal:

1. Albert Pujols signs a 10 year $22M/year contract with the Cardinals
    2. In addition to the Pujols salary the Cardinals agree to donate $4M/year for 10 years to Albert Pujols charitable foundations
    3. And . . . the Cardinals commit 2 full time high quality staff to working with other organizations and individuals to raise an additional $4M/year in charitable donations

The Benefits:

1. Albert Pujols receives the $30M/year 10 year contact that he is worth
    2. Down Syndrome children and the poor of the Domincan Republic have their lives improved to the tune of $8M/year
    3. The Cardinals organization gets to write off a $4M per donation (30% benefit)
    4. It drives the charitable activity of Cardinals fans and sponsors
    5. This charitable act combined with Albert Pujols performance will cement him as one of the greatest transforming baseball players of all time
  • Sirmudgeon
    • Feb 2005

That's a well thought-out suggestion. I think that the transformative nature of the agreement might appeal to a person of Pujols' apparent character, and would certainly set an exemplary precedent for future large contracts across sports/entertainment applications. I imagine that the corporate goodwill benefits would be of enormous marketing/PR value to those writing the checks, though they might wish more input as to the charities targeted. Still and all, an admirable outside-the-box solution. Why don't you forward it to Pujols and his agent, copy to club management? Seriously, this is a very good idea (I've been involved in sales, marketing, and teaching for many years, this represents a multiple-platform solution and potential win-win scenario with implications far beyond an individual contract). Good show, folks.

Comment

• Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sirmudgeon View Post
      That's a well thought-out suggestion. I think that the transformative nature of the agreement might appeal to a person of Pujols' apparent character, and would certainly set an exemplary precedent for future large contracts across sports/entertainment applications. I imagine that the corporate goodwill benefits would be of enormous marketing/PR value to those writing the checks, though they might wish more input as to the charities targeted. Still and all, an admirable outside-the-box solution. Why don't you forward it to Pujols and his agent, copy to club management? Seriously, this is a very good idea (I've been involved in sales, marketing, and teaching for many years, this represents a multiple-platform solution and potential win-win scenario with implications far beyond an individual contract). Good show, folks.
      Thank-you! Does anyone know how the contacts you mention above could be attained?

Comment

• Sirmudgeon
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BornthedaythebumswontheWS View Post
        Thank-you! Does anyone know how the contacts you mention above could be attained?
        Yeah, mon, write to Pujols c/o the Cardinals, to the Pujols Fan Club (I'm sure several exist) and to the Card's PR dept.- c.c. his agent and the owners/marketing dept. Bueno suerte.

Comment

• Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sirmudgeon View Post
          Yeah, mon, write to Pujols c/o the Cardinals, to the Pujols Fan Club (I'm sure several exist) and to the Card's PR dept.- c.c. his agent and the owners/marketing dept. Bueno suerte.
          Thanks again! I'll see what we can get done!

Comment

• Iowanic
            • Nov 2009

I think a clause should be put in as well: he gets to take all games vs the cubs off.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X