Waste not, want not. As my grandfather used to say "daylight's burnin'." So without further adieu, let's draft!
This will be piggybacking off a previous draft concept, but hopefully the hodgepodge of categories will successfully combine a challenge with flexibility. So here's what we're looking at:
- 25-man rosters, must have played 500+ games at a position to qualify
- Playoffs conducted after the draft, players evaluated on their career
- I will announce the categories/order after we have everybody signed up, though not before so that all participants have the same "start time." All categories will be announced simultaneously, however, in advance of the draft.
- Selections will be daily, from 10a to midnight, in two-hour intervals. You can vote as soon as its your turn and if you miss your turn, can vote at any time although votes will be counted in order-of-post in such instances. You can also vote during "off" hours (midnight till 10am the next day) if you so choose, but you won't be "on the clock" during that time. Proxy votes are allowed, as usual.
Examples of categories:
- Player must have played for a West Coast major league team
- Player must have been born before the Civil War
- Player must have accumulated at least 100 career triples
- Player must have served in the armed forces in World War II or the Korea War
- Player must have played for both the Yankees and the Red Sox
You get the idea.
So let's get people signed up for this so I can post the categories and we can have some fun. Hopefully this will keep the "fun" momentum we've had these past few drafts going strong.
If you're in, sign up below. Your initial post in this thread should include your team name as we'll use this as the roster thread as well. Questions are, of course, welcome.