Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Season: 2011

If Keith Olbermann is such a Yankee fan, then what was he doing in the Royals' broadcast booth? Didn't the YES guys want him? :lol:

(Unfortunately, I can't watch the YES feed of this game on MLB.TV since I live in Royals country. So I gotta deal with those damn Royals broadcasters)
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Bad pitching happen. Bad games happen.

But losing twice to the Royals? Jeez, how embarassing. especially at home.

^ Quite. I'd like to wipe those smirks off the faces of everyone in the Royals booth.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Well at least Yankees made it somewhat respectable.

11-4 is respectable? Against the Royals?

Nova got touched for 8 runs through 3+ innings (though only 4 were earned).
    Last edited by Edgartohof; 05-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.

11 runs? Last time I checked back it was 9 to 4. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    11 runs? Last time I checked back it was 9 to 4. Jesus Christ.
    Bottom of the 9th now, looks like it will end at 11-5 (A-Rod hit a solo HR in the 8th inning)

. . . 2 outs now . . .

11-5 is better than 8-0. With no hitter.

Yep, Royals take their 2nd win against the Yanks in this series and in big fashion too.

Nova and the Yankees defense gave it up early with 6 runs coming against them in the 2nd inning, 2 in the 4th and a few more insurance runs later in the game.

Buddy Carlyle was the only Yankees pitcher to not give up a run (he threw the last 1 1/3 innings).

People do realize that the Royals have been playing well thus far this year - right? And that they just brought up Eric Hosmer ... one of the top three or four hitting prospects in the game. The Yankees do have to find some consistency, particularly with the bats ... but it's still very early in the year, and I won't pretend that they lost to a terrible team.

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    People do realize that the Royals have been playing well thus far this year - right? And that they just brought up Eric Hosmer ... one of the top three or four hitting prospects in the game. The Yankees do have to find some consistency, particularly with the bats ... but it's still very early in the year, and I won't pretend that they lost to a terrible team.
    The Royals may be playing good this year so far but hey, they are still the Royals . . . it never looks good to lose to them - they haven't been a good team since the '80's and have had 1 winning season (83 wins) since 1994.

It was looking good until Joba stepped on the mound......

Posada. LOL.

Ugh......... Wake me up when this team starts performing like they should be performing........

I guess CC didn't have his "stuff" again tonight - not that it matters with the way the lineup is performing. I can't wait to hear the YES commentators talk about how shocked they are to see CC have a game like this. Unfortunately, CC not having his stuff is becoming more the norm than an occasional lapse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Bomber Fan View Post
    I guess CC didn't have his "stuff" again tonight - not that it matters with the way the lineup is performing. I can't wait to hear the YES commentators talk about how shocked they are to see CC have a game like this. Unfortunately, CC not having his stuff is becoming more the norm than an occasional lapse.
    His ERA is still 3.47, even after tonight's bad start. CC is not the problem.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Blog Entries
    Congrats to Robinson Cano on his 5th walk of the season! Five walks through 36 games is really demonstrating some great discipline.

How long until the press stops fawning over the "genius" that is Kevin Long.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Congrats to Robinson Cano on his 5th walk of the season! Five walks through 36 games is really demonstrating some great discipline.

How long until the press stops fawning over the "genius" that is Kevin Long.
    When Granderson goes into a deep slump......

Just saw on ESPN's ticker that the Yankees called the commissioners office to seek disciplinary actions against Posada(unless I read it wrong). Seriously? I think it was a good decision on Posada's part to ask to be scratched. The guy is struggling and being dropped to 9th in the lineup does have a mentality effect on a player. If he couldn't get himself into a mental state to accept hitting 9th, then he would only be a hinderance in a critical game that was about to be played. He did the right step to go bench himself, but the Yankees want to punish him?

EDIT: Ok, this article explains it better. Apparently Posada went to the manager and said he felt disrespected by being bumped down to 9th. But until we hear more about it, I won't put too much weight into it considering it is from a source and not from Cashman and Girardi.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=6548896

This article has statements from Girardi and Cashman. Girardi said all that Posada said he needed a day.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_nyy&c_id=nyy
    Last edited by quagmire; 05-14-2011 at 08:38 PM.

The problem is that as the Yank's #1 starter, CC is expected to match up with the other team's ace. Other teams have pitchers that can totally shut down the Yankees - we've seen that too often in the past (Halladay, Lee, and now apparently Beckett is doing that again). Can CC match zeros with a legitimate ace when pitching against a playoff caliber lineup? He hasn't shown that ability at this point. Even when CC is on, he still gives up 2 runs in 7 innings while throwing a lot of pitches. Two runs in 7 innings is very good, but not good enough when your own lineup gets shut down like it did tonight.

Blog Entries
    Name one starting pitcher who wins a game when their offense scores zero runs.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast