Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgartohof
    • May 2004

We are in extra innings right now, the 4th game tonight to go into extras!

Comment

• Edgartohof
      • May 2004

WE WON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took a while to happed (12 innings and 4+ hours) but we won! We beat Mariano Rivera and the Yankee's tonight for our 2nd win in a row against them!

David Pauley picks up the win (his 4th of the season) after throwing 2 scoreless innings to finish out the game.

We now have won 9 of 10 and 10 of 11 and we sit now with a winning record, 26-25 on the season! I am just so excited right now for this team! I am going to say it right here and now, we are going to sweep the Yank's tomorrow! CC is going down!

Felix gave up 4 runs over 7 innings on 6 hits and 5 BB's (4 SO's). Laffey and Wrigh kept the Yankees scoreless in the 8th and 9th to send us to extra innings. League was scoreless in the 10th and Pauley threw 2 beautiful innings, to improve to 4-0 on the season with a 0.84 ERA! He is the hottest reliever in baseball at the moment.

MY OH MY, what a game!

Comment

• Trickyhop
        New Cheney
        • Jul 2008

I really really like Pauley. Such a surprise. I hadn't really even heard of him till this season. What an awesome series! We lost that last game, but that's okay. Sweeping the Yanks is a tall order. Nice job, M's.

Comment

• Edgartohof
          • May 2004

Yeah, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, especially against the Bronx Bombers (which they are for sure).

Comment

• SABR Brat
            • Dec 2009

Tampa:

Thursday, 6/02 7:10 pm TB @ SEA, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, James Shields vs Felix Hernandez
            Friday, 6/03 7:10 pm TB @ SEA, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, Andy Sonnanstine vs Jason Vargas
            Saturday, 6/04 1:10pm TB @ SEA, (no local) Fox national ?, RADIO: KIRO 710, Hellickson vs Doug Fister
            Sunday, 6/05 1:10pm TB @ SEA, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, Wade Davis vs Erik Bedard
            :choke:

Comment

• SABR Brat
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
              Yeah, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, especially against the Bronx Bombers (which they are for sure).
              2 out of 3 vs the Orioles !

Comment

• Edgartohof
                • May 2004

Yes! I have been out of town the past couple days and just found this out! They start a new series tonight against Tampa Bay tonight. TB is 29-26 on the season but looks like they have been slipping lately. Though they are a much better offensive team than the M's, so we will still have to watch out.

Comment

• Trickyhop
                  New Cheney
                  • Jul 2008

Go to Starbucks and get a coffee after 3pm today and get a free Mariners ticket.

Comment

• Edgartohof
                    • May 2004

oooohhh! Really wish I was in the area for that!

Comment

• Edgartohof
                      • May 2004

Well, the M's have crushed 7 HR in the first two games of this series against the TB Rays and won both games handidly! According to the M's site, they have gone 22-12 over their last 34 games, which is a league lead! The team has been on fire. Unfortunately, Texas has been doing their part as well, so we are still in 2nd in the division. But at the moment, I am more than happy with up being 30-27 on the season, 3 games over .500 and only 1.5 games out of 1st!

There are still several on the team who are struggling offensively (Ichiro anyone?) but there are enough others (Cust, Smoak, Kennedy) who are not to keep us afloat.

Oh, and Vargas threw a CG, 4-hit shutout last night, that certainly helped as well. That was his 2nd career CG and his first career Shutout.

Fister pitches for the series win today and then we can look for the series sweep.

Comment

• Edgartohof
                        • May 2004

The M's win today with a score of 9-6 to win the series against the Rays (3 out of 4). They have currently won 15 of their last 20 games and are now 31-28 on the year. The Rangers won today, so we still are a bit behind them but the Angels and A's lose so we have sole possession of 2nd place at the moment.

Fister gave up 3 ER over 7 innings (7 SO), Wright (who got the win), also gave up 3 ER and blew the save. Luckily the Mariner's came back and scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th inning to take and keep the win. League came in and recorded his "League" leading 16th save of the season!

Next we head out for a 7 game road trip with 3 games in Chicago and 4 in Detroit.

Comment

• SABR Brat
                          • Dec 2009

6/6, 5:10 pm SEA @ SOX, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, Michael Pineda vs John Danks
                          6/7, 5:10 pm SEA @ SOX, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, Felix Hernandez vs Philip Humber
                          6/8, 5:10 pm SEA @ SOX, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, Jason Vargas vs Gavin Floyd

Comment

• Edgartohof
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by SABR Brat View Post
                            6/6, 5:10 pm SEA @ SOX, TV: Root, RADIO: KIRO 710, Michael Pineda vs John Danks
                            This should be an easy win. The young ace Pineda (6-2, 2.30 ERA) vs. Danks (0-8, 5.25 ERA). Danks is 0-8 this year! Wow, that has to be rough. His WHIP is up; 1.5+, higher than his career mark of 1.3 and his SO's are down (though they were never high to begin with.

Comment

• Trickyhop
                              New Cheney
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
                              The M's win today with a score of 9-6 to win the series against the Rays (3 out of 4). They have currently won 15 of their last 20 games and are now 31-28 on the year. The Rangers won today, so we still are a bit behind them but the Angels and A's lose so we have sole possession of 2nd place at the moment.

Fister gave up 3 ER over 7 innings (7 SO), Wright (who got the win), also gave up 3 ER and blew the save. Luckily the Mariner's came back and scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th inning to take and keep the win. League came in and recorded his "League" leading 16th save of the season!

Next we head out for a 7 game road trip with 3 games in Chicago and 4 in Detroit.
                              Bedard pitched that game.

Comment

• Edgartohof
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                                Bedard pitched that game.
                                Oops . . . my bad. That's what I get when I rush.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X