X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KHenry14
    Gigantes Moderator
    • Feb 2004

Based upon the Giants bad start, it's no surprise that trade rumor's have sprouted: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...medium=twitter

NO WAY I trade Wheeler for Reyes. Or for Belt for that matter. I think we could proabably get him for a couple of second line prospects. Don't get me wrong, I"D LOVE to get Reyes into a Giants uni, but not at the expense of one of our top prospects.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Sirmudgeon
      • Feb 2005

Have to keep Belt, should keep Wheeler as Zito's heir apparent. I bet Reyes would stay for a while in SF, wouldn't be just a rental, but maybe he has an overinflated sense of his own value? Wonder if the Mets would bite on Zito and Ishikawa? Sanchez should no way be a consideration, gotta keep the top four, even with Bumgarner's tough start, keeping a solid staff worked out kinda well for the Braves for a decade plus. Reyes is an upgrade, but there's no need to panic, just won a WS, could repeat but at what long-term expense? Despite my own unsettled feelings about the performance thus far by the G'ints, maybe this is a great chance to play Belt and whoever else they've got in the minors with a chance, see what shakes out?

I should ask again, what is the rule on call-ups? Can a ML team bounce a guy back and forth unlimited times, how does it affect contract/service status? Also, are there any other decent SS out there, say in Houston or Pittsburgh, who might command less $ but are worth a shot? Should be an interesting several weeks, in any event.

Comment

• KHenry14
        Gigantes Moderator
        • Feb 2004

Wow, a clutch homer by Huff-Daddy and Weezy for the save! Giants needed a game like that tonight.
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• KHenry14
          Gigantes Moderator
          • Feb 2004

BTW, I'm wondering if Schierholtz' good season might make him trade bait. He's definately the odd man out, especially if Belt comes back soon, but with him playing well perhaps he's more tradable now? I love the idea of Reyes coming west, but not at any price. Just wondering if the Mets might want Nate

Comment

• CandlestickBum
            2010, Year of the Giant
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
            Wow, a clutch homer by Huff-Daddy and Weezy for the save! Giants needed a game like that tonight.
            Anbother nice palate cleanser of a game last night, 16K's! Baby! 16!. Holy smokes, they didn't know what hit them. Wilson sure was on his game last night, nasty good stuff.

Comment

• KHenry14
              Gigantes Moderator
              • Feb 2004

Sheesh, our 3rd hole hitter for the past few games is MIKE FONTENOT?????? Says something about the way the team is going, doesn't it?

Comment

• Rich the Giants fan
                Stretch 44
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sirmudgeon View Post
                Have to keep Belt, should keep Wheeler as Zito's heir apparent. I bet Reyes would stay for a while in SF, wouldn't be just a rental, but maybe he has an overinflated sense of his own value? Wonder if the Mets would bite on Zito and Ishikawa? Sanchez should no way be a consideration, gotta keep the top four, even with Bumgarner's tough start, keeping a solid staff worked out kinda well for the Braves for a decade plus. Reyes is an upgrade, but there's no need to panic, just won a WS, could repeat but at what long-term expense? Despite my own unsettled feelings about the performance thus far by the G'ints, maybe this is a great chance to play Belt and whoever else they've got in the minors with a chance, see what shakes out?

I should ask again, what is the rule on call-ups? Can a ML team bounce a guy back and forth unlimited times, how does it affect contract/service status? Also, are there any other decent SS out there, say in Houston or Pittsburgh, who might command less $ but are worth a shot? Should be an interesting several weeks, in any event.
                They have Ike Davis at first base and are looking to shed payroll, not add it, so Zito is clearly not a fit.
                San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• Sirmudgeon
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                  They have Ike Davis at first base and are looking to shed payroll, not add it, so Zito is clearly not a fit.
                  Yeah, I was thinking about Ishikawa as an outfielder, as Ike Davis is really good and going nowhere, but I was thinking that the Giants might be willing to eat some of Zito's salary; the Mets can always use pitching. I guess any deal depends on Reyes signing beyond 1/2 year. But back to the Champs, another walk-off win, more Fontenot and Sanchez, more torture, too bad for Bumgarner, but only 2 back. Boy, we need somebody to get hot with the bat, though.

Comment

• Dravecky43
                    FIRE BRIAN SABEAN!!!
                    • Aug 2005

I'm sorry, but anytime anyone suggests Zito as an option for a trade I think they're crazy. Frankly, I don't see any team wanting Barry Zito, unless they only had to pay him the league minimum each year, which is another two/three seasons we'd pay someone $18 million for him to not be on our roster
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sirmudgeon
                      • Feb 2005

OK, I admit I'm crazy. Took you long enough to notice. One lives in hope, howsomever, and I reckon if Rowand can be somewhat serviceable as he's been so far, maybe Zito can stage a mini-comeback of his own, either to SF's direct benefit or as a piece of valuable trade bait. And yes, those were pigs you just saw fly. Just sayin'...

Comment

• KHenry14
                        Gigantes Moderator
                        • Feb 2004

Zito is tradeable, but the Giants would have to pick up the vast majority of his salary. IMO, Sabes would probably prefer just to keep him around to be a spot starter and eat some innings. Secondly, we presuppose that anyone would be intersted in him. Only a contender who's staff is beat up might take a flyer on him. And here in early May, it's too early for that.

Rowand and Burrell are different stories however, with Rowand being more problematic because of his salary. But at some point something is going to have to be done with an outfielder or two, as Belt (still crushing it at at .444 clip) can't be kept down at Fresno for long.

Comment

• KHenry14
                          Gigantes Moderator
                          • Feb 2004

Whoa, Vogelsong looked great today. And ya gotta love Cody Ross showing signs of life. Sweep of the Rocks, things are looking up!

Comment

• KHenry14
                            Gigantes Moderator
                            • Feb 2004

Whoa, another walk off win courtesy of Cody Ross this time. Poor Timmy was great tonight, too bad he didn't get any support.

Comment

• Sirmudgeon
                              • Feb 2005

Need some hitters to step up... who will it be? My money is on Sanchez and Posey. Anyone would be good, those two seem best equipped. Thoughts?

Comment

• Honus Wagner Rules
                                xFIP?! I laugh at you!
                                • Nov 2004

I'm somewhat shocked how much Posey is struggling with the bat so far this season.
                                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X