Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Defending World Series Champion San Francisco Giants 2011 Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    I just realized that it's been 23 years (almost a quarter century!) since the Bums last won a World Series.
    Funny how Karros or Lyons don't talk about that very much. they have talked about the fact that the Bums have 5 WS titles and we have only one since moving west, all I say to that is 'what have you done lately?'
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Funny how Karros or Lyons don't talk about that very much. they have talked about the fact that the Bums have 5 WS titles and we have only one since moving west, all I say to that is 'what have you done lately?'
    Karros doesn't have much to brag about. Four of the five LA Dodger World Series titles happened before he was born.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Eric Karros should have stuck to dating Belinda Carlisle. Maybe he gave Matt Kemp some pointers in re Rihanna, that's why Kemp is tearing it up?

Big game tonight, good win last night though too bad Lincecum didn't get the W, he pitched well enough if not terrific. I'm very interested in how we hit this eventide, I see it as an early indicator game, for some abstruse reason.

Don't know quite why, nothing really stuck out tonight, but even at .500, I think the season just took a turn for the much, much better. Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket...

Gotta love Pablo hitting a right handed HR and Fontenot almost splashing one. And Weezy blowing them out again in the 9th. And Belt getting two hits too...
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Blog Entries
    Yikes, what a victory today. Panda with three more hits to now bat .440 <knocking wood> and Rowand almost hits it out to win the game in the 12th. MORE TORTURE!!
    Hey! I thought we agreed that you were not allowed to talk about the Panda's hitting this season after you hexed him last season?!
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

If tonight is what occurs when Panda is talked about, may I quote Joan Rivers: discuss amongst yourselves. Please. And keep doing so!

I'm starting to get a pleasant little funny feeling about this next stretch, it's back to the days of Roger Craig and humm baby. Fine days to come, sez I.

Hey! I thought we agreed that you were not allowed to talk about the Panda's hitting this season after you hexed him last season?!
    Wags, I did knock wood. What you didn't see was that I also threw some salt over my left shoulder and I sacrificed a live chicken. And it's evidently working so far! Here's to the Panda carrying the team for a while.
    Last edited by KHenry14; 04-16-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wags, I did knock wood. What you didn't see was that I also threw some salt over my left shoulder and I sacrificed a live chicken. And it's evidently working so far! Here's to the Panda carrying the team for a while.
    Ok, that's better. Panda is raking right now. <=====I've always wanted to use this smilie.
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 04-16-2011 at 10:06 AM.

It's about time for Belt to break out. Mayhap he'll do so on a regular basis, and particularly shine every 5th day, becoming Zito's designated offensive secret weapon...

Boy, another strong start at Coors Field. Jon Sanchez wasn't as dominating, but he was very effective. Pitching with a 4 run lead into the bottom of the 1st will do that I suppose! But limiting that team to three hits at their yard, ya gotta love that. Cainer up next...

Just checked the scoreboard. Oh dear.

Blog Entries
    Cain just didn't have it today.

Ah knows it, and Ah fer one jes' cain't b'leve it. (No, I couldn't resist, and yes, I think I'm a lot funnier than I really am).

First time in a hell of a long time. Was expecting a sweep with him on the mound, but will take two out of three for sure. Nice to go in their yard and hit them in the nose after their hot start.

the big men are set to employ a four-man rotation: bumgarner, lincecum and sanchez this friday - sunday at home against the braves.

vogelsong might get a start in pittsburgh (26-28 april).
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Is Belt going down now a good thing? I tend to think so, given that he can be called up again in a month, once he's got his confidence back (he seemed to be slowly losing it, pressure of sub-Mendoza BA and the like). Is there a limit on how many "bounces" he gets before some "out" clause or other kicks in? Thoughts?

Big one today, and the starters remind me of a scene from Python's Holy Grail, something along the lines of:

"what sort of man are you, that can summon fire without benefit of flint, or tinder?"
    "there are those who call me... Tim."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmudgeon View Post
    Big one today, and the starters remind me of a scene from Python's Holy Grail, something along the lines of:

"what sort of man are you, that can summon fire without benefit of flint, or tinder?"
    "there are those who call me... Tim."
    Unfortunately, the Atlanta Braves threw the Holy Hand Grenade at Tim today.

Unfortunately, the Atlanta Braves threw the Holy Hand Grenade at Tim today.
    I thought it was that blasted bunny rabbit, I mean Martin Prado. Run away!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast