Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the new stadium going to be finished on time?

Between Miami, Winter Springs and Largo, Fl
    Whom ever wants to $tep up to the plate for the naming rights, more power to them.

Marlins Park has to be the "Darling" of the MLB.
    Chairman of the Bored

Quote Originally Posted by colocolo View Post
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 . The Place ROCKS ...36,000 Fans as per the Marlins Website.

So that people can see them in this here pages...
    Chairman of the Bored

The Marlins president also blamed April's rainy weather for the difficulties with the grass, as the stadium roof was closed more than expected last month. The team may have to replace all the grass on the field before too long.

"I would say the sod had as difficult an April as the team did," Samson told the Herald. He says the team remains confident it can keep grass alive in the retractable roof stadium.

But if that fails, it seems like the team can afford to replace the sod every once in a while. Through 11 home games, the team is averaging attendance of 30,681, up 61 percent from 2011, when the team averaged attendance of 19,007. Their attendance numbers will likely improve when school gets out, as usually happens every season throughout MLB.

And unlike their deal at Sun Life Stadium, where the team split gate proceeds with the Dolphins (the stadium's owners), the Marlins get to keep all the gate at Marlins Park. They'll need the dough if the outfield grass keeps dying.
    Chairman of the Bored

In 2011 they averaged 19.000 fans at Timbaktu ????

That is padded up and down and from side to side !!!!

There is NO way the sum of all, divided by the home stands it could have averaged that many people..No way Jose.
    Chairman of the Bored

In 2011 they averaged 19.000 fans at Timbaktu ????

That is padded up and down and from side to side !!!!

There is NO way the sum of all, divided by the home stands it could have averaged that many people..No way Jose.
    Maybe average of tickets SOLD, but that many people at that Hole with Walls that Robie built ??

Never.
    Chairman of the Bored

Goinn again this Sat 5-12...Mid day game vs the Mets...I will do my best to get pics by the huge concrete columns to acertain the amont of obstruction they present to the paying patrons in those Sections.
    Chairman of the Bored

Hopefully the roof will be opened this time, eventough rain in excessive amounts is forecasted for the entire S Fla weekend.
    Chairman of the Bored

Whom ever wants to $tep up to the plate for the naming rights, more power to them.

Marlins Park has to be the "Darling" of the MLB.
    And dont forget Folks, that as soon as someone with the CA$H comes to BAT....Marlins Park will most definetely have a new name...The SPONSOR helps pay the bills in a huge manner !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

Was there today and got more pics....I really didnt even have to take pictures of the 2 HUGE columns on the South Side...I climbed up there, and there is blockage...Minimal but its there...Also from my seating section today in the outer right hand field there was blockage from the foul pole if you are in the Vista Section...So 98% of the seats are awesome, but it is not 100% perfect from every seat...
    But over the crap we had for 19 years. I take this one and Fly !!!!!

And of course newer pics will make it here by tomorrow !!! No Doubt
    Chairman of the Bored

Pictures from the Mets visit and loss for Saturday May 12, 2012.

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt312/Jano_Webon/
    Chairman of the Bored

Next game I've got tickets to is in June, when the Rays visit Miami, but I'm sure I will be back there before..Trying to get a few friends together to go in May again.
    Chairman of the Bored

Marlins say fences at ballpark won't be moving in .......

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marlins...8877--mlb.html
    Chairman of the Bored

for 19 frikken years, we were FORCED to drive North to nowhere land.....C'mon Broward commons..Lets start driving South !!!!

The difference NOW is that we have a baseball stadium, and NOT a mammoth field of nothing !!!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

Interesting news from yesterday, prior to the SWEEP of The Nat's......

Before roof can close, rain cancels BP in Miami

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...k_mia&c_id=mia
    Chairman of the Bored

Ranked 15~ Miami~ Games at home 26~ Attendance 742,125~ Average 28,543

Tampa Bay is Ranked 29th (Next to last) with almost 10,000 less public in their averages
    Chairman of the Bored

Marlins Park held this AM a first at their stadium . Cypress High Schools Grad ceremony with Joe Bidden as the guest speaker...This place its goinn to be a great place for other funtions beside baseball.

UM Charges $11,000 a pop at their Arena in the Gables, the Marlins charged $17,000 for theirs !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

It was bound to happen....The HORRIBLE run of June dropped the Marlins Park attendance from 15th place to 18th in the Majors, but yesterday, for example..it was a sell-out.

Up to date figures as of June 30th, 2012.

18 Place/ Miami Marlins Park / 43 games / attnd 1,214,777 / average 28,250 per home game / percentile 75.5%

* average 28,250 per home game* Something the Marlins Organization could ONLY dream off before moving out of NowhereLand !!!!!!!
    Last edited by colocolo; 07-01-2012 at 07:19 AM.
    Chairman of the Bored

The Rays OWN Spot 29, they dont move from there at all !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

With the Season in the CRAPPER...I hope that Marlins Management has enough sense to schedule LOTS of Concerts at gorgeous Marlins Park in the up and coming Off- Season....
    Chairman of the Bored

Cool

There are goinn to be PLENTY of HEAP tickets for whats left of this Season. Already making plans for more outings to Marlins Park..
    Chairman of the Bored

Ck out Stubhub...Folks..tickets for Marlins Park as low as $3.00 per ticket...And remember there is NO bad seats at the Park !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored

Futbol (Soccer for those unfamiliar with the term) tonite at Marlins Park. Venezuela Vs Nigeria..I really wanted to go, but I started with Publix last weekend and I got 7PM to Midnight duty tonite !!!
    Chairman of the Bored

Come time for the NCAA Football Playoffs-Bowls in 2014, Marlins Park will be hosting one in the title game for the American Athletic Conference.

With many hopes that we will get to see the UCF Golden Knights down here fighting for yhe Crown.

Awesome that WE dont have to go to Timbaktu (Sun Life Stadium) to watch Football. It will be right in our City and for many years to come.
    Chairman of the Bored

How the field will look at Marlins Park.

AAC creates Miami Beach Bowl to be played at Marlins Park

| CBSSports.com

October 24, 2013

Football is coming to Marlins Park.

As first reported by Jeremy Fowler last week, the American Athletic Conference announced the creation of the Miami Beach Bowl, which will begin playing during the 2014 season.

With the AAC having no guaranteed spot in the new playoff system or top-tier bowls next year, the Miami Beach Bowl could serve as a destination for its champion depending on the potential matchup.

"Our champion could play in this bowl," said AAC commissioner Mike Aresco. "We have maintained flexibility for our champion. We will determine which opponents are available in particular games, but this is an attractive destination and may well be the type of game for our champion."

The date and time of the game will be announced later, but the conference said they were looking at a pre-Christmas bowl game with the basic ticket price around $60.

A postseason bowl game at a baseball stadium is nothing new as it becomes the fourth bowl to be played in a baseball stadium, joining the St. Petersburg Bowl (Rays), the Pinstripe Bowl in New York (Yankees) and Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco (Giants).

The Miami Beach Bowl will match an AAC team against an opponent from the Conference USA, Mid-American or Sun Belt, but will also have the oppotunity to take an at-large team.
    Chairman of the Bored

This is something borrowed from the Marlins MLB Home Page. Marlins beat reporter Joe Frisaro answers questions from fans.

Is there any talk about moving the fences in at Marlins Park like several other clubs have already done?
    -- John, Watertown, N.Y.

Internally, the front office has had and likely will continue to have those discussions. The organization is open to the idea. Quite frankly, to a number of the hitters like Stanton and Logan Morrison, the size of the ballpark is an issue. Batters get demoralized to not be rewarded for 400-foot drives that become easy outs.

The Marlins were last in the Majors in home runs with 95 in 2013, and only 36 of those were hit at spacious Marlins Park.

If the club wanted, it could configure a temporary fence in center field, and have it ready by Opening Day. But I doubt the team would do a quick fix. Instead, I think it would want to get it done with more thought and do it right.

In my opinion, a more realistic early time frame would be having the fences brought in with a more comprehensive plan in 2015. The way the ballpark is configured, not all the fences would be moved. Down the lines, and each bullpen area, would likely remain the same. We're mainly talking about adjusting the gaps and center field.

Such a renovation would begin at the edge of the wall in front of The Clevelander in left, and wind up at the edge of the Marlins' bullpen in right field.
    Chairman of the Bored

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast