Page 3 of 201 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 5017

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Here you go, although not an article about the Mets this is proof that its them dumping tickets onto Stub Hub. Now Ticketmaster wants a piece of the action...


    Ticketmaster rolls out 'dynamic' ticket pricing

    By RYAN NAKASHIMA, AP Business Writer 1 hr 42 mins ago

    LOS ANGELES Event tickets seller Ticketmaster said Monday that it is introducing new technology to let artists and sports teams raise or lower ticket prices to reflect demand during the initial sales period a move it said will crimp the profits of scalpers and boost revenue for performers and teams.
    The technology could push up initial prices for front-row seats while reducing prices on less-desirable ones that might have gone unsold otherwise.
    Ticketmaster, a division of Live Nation Entertainment Inc., says the change should make it harder for anyone to send prices soaring by buying up all the best tickets and reselling them at substantial profit.
    "When the fan experience is not clouded by scalpers grabbing seats, or when there's more options for fans to come to a better show, that has a great impact on our business," Ticketmaster Chief Executive Nathan Hubbard said in an interview.
    The company already is testing the system, known as "dynamic pricing," with several professional baseball, basketball and hockey teams. Ticketmaster plans to roll it out at some North American venues in the middle of the summer concert season this year. A data analysis company called MarketShare helped create the pricing tool.
    The San Francisco Giants baseball team started using a dynamic pricing system created by a company called Qcue Inc. in 2009. The team found that adjusting prices in real time to reflect sales data, league standings and which opposing team was visiting helped sell more tickets.
    Qcue, which is not involved with Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing offering, now serves more than 20 teams in pro baseball, hockey, basketball and auto racing.
    Its founder and CEO, Barry Kahn, said Ticketmaster's biggest challenge is bringing the system to the music industry, where there has been a "dysfunctional relationship" between artists, their promoters, and venues.
    Since Ticketmaster's merger with Live Nation last year, however, the combined company now has all three functions under one roof, meaning the divisions should be able to work together, he said.
    StubHub, the world's largest reseller of tickets and a subsidiary of eBay Inc., said dynamic pricing for sports events has not cut into its business. Tickets that command high prices on the initial sale tend to sell at even higher prices on the resale market because they're in limited supply, according to StubHub spokesman Glenn Lehrman.
    And, when seats that aren't as good are priced even more cheaply, more tickets get sold, he said.
    "Any kind of system that leads to lower prices, that is a good thing for fans," Lehrman said.
    Live Nation's revenue fell 9 percent in 2010 as concert ticket sales dropped, even though it tried to get more people through turnstiles by cutting ticket prices. The company has said it expects global ticket sales to be flat in 2011, compared with an 8 percent decline last year, when it sold 120 million tickets.
    Live Nation shares fell 14 cents, or 1.4 percent, to close at $9.73 Monday.
    I don't disagree that the Mets are dumping on StubHub, but how is Ticketmasters plan to use dynamic pricing proof of that?

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by foulpole View Post
    I don't disagree that the Mets are dumping on StubHub, but how is Ticketmasters plan to use dynamic pricing proof of that?
    Because in the article it mentions a team, the San Francisco Giants that have been doing this since 2009. Finally its made public that a team is actually putting tickets online that reflect current market value.

    I'm sure Mets season ticket holders would have loved this information before plucking down top dollar during the offseason. Mets knew before the season that they were going to join the many teams that have already been doing this, so in a way they were deceiving their fans. It's one thing if a fan puts a ticket on stub hub for less value, but when a team does it this now changes the entire dynamic of how they sell tickets in the future. Should be interesting next offseason if they continue to suck. Unless you're mainly going for the "tasty crab cakes," why would any fan buy season tickets next year?

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Because in the article it mentions a team, the San Francisco Giants that have been doing this since 2009. Finally its made public that a team is actually putting tickets online that reflect current market value.

    I'm sure Mets season ticket holders would have loved this information before plucking down top dollar during the offseason. Mets knew before the season that they were going to join the many teams that have already been doing this, so in a way they were deceiving their fans. It's one thing if a fan puts a ticket on stub hub for less value, but when a team does it this now changes the entire dynamic of how they sell tickets in the future. Should be interesting next offseason if they continue to suck. Unless you're mainly going for the "tasty crab cakes," why would any fan buy season tickets next year?
    The Giants selling tix with dynamic pricing isn't a secret. Look on their web site.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ribant View Post
    The Giants selling tix with dynamic pricing isn't a secret. Look on their web site.


    I know. You are missing the point of my original post. I've known about teams dumping tickets on stub hub and craigs list for the past 3 years and talked about this in the Citi Field thread so I posted the above article to show the fans who hadn't realized this practice occurred that they can see an actual team who is involved.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    I know. You are missing the point of my original post. I've known about teams dumping tickets on stub hub and craigs list for the past 3 years and talked about this in the Citi Field thread so I posted the above article to show the fans who hadn't realized this practice occurred that they can see an actual team who is involved.
    Anyone have an idea what it costs a FST / mini-plan holder at renewal time? And how does it compare to the dynamic pricing of seats?

    Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Unless you're mainly going for the "tasty crab cakes," why would any fan buy season tickets next year?
    You just won't let it go, will you? I never said I go mainly for the crab cakes. Since this is an entire thread dedicated to ticketing and concessions, I thought it was relevant to post my experience with the food at COTD. Sorry if that disappoints you.

    As for why any fan would buy season tickets, again, you may find it perplexing but to others there are many good reasons to do so - mainly to guarantee the same seats for the entire season and to have seats that they really like. Not all fans are built alike, but for me being a fan means supporting the team through thick and thin. Clearly, that's not important to you.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    I know. You are missing the point of my original post. I've known about teams dumping tickets on stub hub and craigs list for the past 3 years and talked about this in the Citi Field thread so I posted the above article to show the fans who hadn't realized this practice occurred that they can see an actual team who is involved.
    An actual team doesn't equal the Mets. As ribant and foulpole said, it's not proof that the Mets are involved. They may be but this isn't proof.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    I know. You are missing the point of my original post. I've known about teams dumping tickets on stub hub and craigs list for the past 3 years and talked about this in the Citi Field thread so I posted the above article to show the fans who hadn't realized this practice occurred that they can see an actual team who is involved.
    Dumping tickets on StubHub and dynamic pring are two completely different things. If the Mets are selling on the hub, it is a cloak and dagger operation undercutting the people who buy directly from them. The Giants sell directly from their website using dynamic pricing, just as the Mets and others use tiered pricing. Dynamic pricing is open and upfront, hub-dumping is not

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by foulpole View Post
    Dumping tickets on StubHub and dynamic pring are two completely different things. If the Mets are selling on the hub, it is a cloak and dagger operation undercutting the people who buy directly from them. The Giants sell directly from their website using dynamic pricing, just as the Mets and others use tiered pricing. Dynamic pricing is open and upfront, hub-dumping is not
    Excellent point.

  10. #60
    Tickets are dirt cheap and I can't wait to go once the weather warms up. Nothing better then spending a nice day at the ballpark. You can get any game in the upper deck for under 5 bucks. Why would you not go if you love baseball?
    Last edited by dpcv8; 04-19-2011 at 01:21 PM.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    You just won't let it go, will you? I never said I go mainly for the crab cakes. Since this is an entire thread dedicated to ticketing and concessions, I thought it was relevant to post my experience with the food at COTD. Sorry if that disappoints you.

    As for why any fan would buy season tickets, again, you may find it perplexing but to others there are many good reasons to do so - mainly to guarantee the same seats for the entire season and to have seats that they really like. Not all fans are built alike, but for me being a fan means supporting the team through thick and thin. Clearly, that's not important to you.
    I understand the reasons why someone would purchase season tickets, I am just questioning the wisdom of purchasing them next season when you know you can now get them on Stub Hub for a fraction of the cost.

    Question for you, say we're still rebuilding next offseason and not signing any big names, are you still going to purchase season tickets and if so, how much are you willing to pay per game? Or does cost not matter at all and you'd be OK if they just dropped the price a few dollars? Would you still purchase season tickets if you knew beforehand that they're dropping "tasty crab cakes" from the menu?

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by foulpole View Post
    Dumping tickets on StubHub and dynamic pring are two completely different things. If the Mets are selling on the hub, it is a cloak and dagger operation undercutting the people who buy directly from them. The Giants sell directly from their website using dynamic pricing, just as the Mets and others use tiered pricing. Dynamic pricing is open and upfront, hub-dumping is not
    Obviously it's different when you say one does it upfront and one is deceiving. Obviously we know who is doing the deceiving. But thats not the point though. The point was to show the practice of professional teams putting tickets on the open market and selling them for whatever the market allows. This is different than tiered pricing so I have no idea why you brought that up.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    I understand the reasons why someone would purchase season tickets, I am just questioning the wisdom of purchasing them next season when you know you can now get them on Stub Hub for a fraction of the cost.

    Question for you, say we're still rebuilding next offseason and not signing any big names, are you still going to purchase season tickets and if so, how much are you willing to pay per game? Or does cost not matter at all and you'd be OK if they just dropped the price a few dollars? Would you still purchase season tickets if you knew beforehand that they're dropping "tasty crab cakes" from the menu?
    Since I was a season ticket holder for many years at Shea, I think it's obvious that I would still buy season tickets regardless of what food was available at the ballpark. For years at Shea, I bought very little from the concession stands, just the occasional hot dog and soda/beer. I am very pleased that CF offers much better alternatives but it is not even close to a deal-breaker for me.

    As for next year, I would be fine if ticket prices were roughly the same as this year, although a little lower would be preferable. I currently pay slightly less than $50 a ticket (averaged out over 81 games) and I think that price is reasonable for the NY market. Perhaps something closer to $40-45 per ticket on average would be fairer while they rebuild but that's not enough of a difference to dissuade me from renewing. I love my seats and I do not want to go through the hassle of buying tickets game by game at the last minute.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Since I was a season ticket holder for many years at Shea, I think it's obvious that I would still buy season tickets regardless of what food was available at the ballpark. For years at Shea, I bought very little from the concession stands, just the occasional hot dog and soda/beer. I am very pleased that CF offers much better alternatives but it is not even close to a deal-breaker for me.

    As for next year, I would be fine if ticket prices were roughly the same as this year, although a little lower would be preferable. I currently pay slightly less than $50 a ticket (averaged out over 81 games) and I think that price is reasonable for the NY market. Perhaps something closer to $40-45 per ticket on average would be fairer while they rebuild but that's not enough of a difference to dissuade me from renewing. I love my seats and I do not want to go through the hassle of buying tickets game by game at the last minute.
    The food is irrelevant, I was just kidding.

    Alright so I see that you are unique relative to most other fans, seems like convenience is your #1 reason for buying the full season plan as opposed to cost. So I guess it doesn't matter once the season starts and on Stub Hub you see the same seat in lets say sec 123 going for half the price you pay for your ticket. I get it and understand but it would really bother me if I was locked into a full season and see field level box seats by the dugout going for half of what I paid. The way I see it next season if you wanted to you could have some fun and sit in many different sections of the park for much less than what you would pay for ST. Takes 2 minutes online to purchase tickets nowadays so it's not much of an inconvenience if you'd like to save a bunch of money. With the money saved you could treat yourself to the scrumptious Citi surf and turf special every game for an entire season.

    I just go for the game itself and don't pay any attention to all the other distractions that is until I went to my first game at Citi Field. If I was designing a stadium I would get rid of the food court, stacked luxury levels that push back upper level seats and also get rid of the open concourse where fans can walk around and watch the game at the same time. Fans endlessly walking around is my biggest pet peeve.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    The food is irrelevant, I was just kidding.

    Alright so I see that you are unique relative to most other fans, seems like convenience is your #1 reason for buying the full season plan as opposed to cost. So I guess it doesn't matter once the season starts and on Stub Hub you see the same seat in lets say sec 123 going for half the price you pay for your ticket. I get it and understand but it would really bother me if I was locked into a full season and see field level box seats by the dugout going for half of what I paid. The way I see it next season if you wanted to you could have some fun and sit in many different sections of the park for much less than what you would pay for ST. Takes 2 minutes online to purchase tickets nowadays so it's not much of an inconvenience if you'd like to save a bunch of money. With the money saved you could treat yourself to the scrumptious Citi surf and turf special every game for an entire season.

    I just go for the game itself and don't pay any attention to all the other distractions that is until I went to my first game at Citi Field. If I was designing a stadium I would get rid of the food court, stacked luxury levels that push back upper level seats and also get rid of the open concourse where fans can walk around and watch the game at the same time. Fans endlessly walking around is my biggest pet peeve.
    Yes, convenience is very important to me. Also, having the season plan makes it much easier to plan games with friends and family. We can schedule going to games weeks in advance, something that is much more difficult to do if you're waiting for discount ticket prices (often at the last minute).

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,277
    Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Since I was a season ticket holder for many years at Shea, I think it's obvious that I would still buy season tickets regardless of what food was available at the ballpark. For years at Shea, I bought very little from the concession stands, just the occasional hot dog and soda/beer. I am very pleased that CF offers much better alternatives but it is not even close to a deal-breaker for me.

    As for next year, I would be fine if ticket prices were roughly the same as this year, although a little lower would be preferable. I currently pay slightly less than $50 a ticket (averaged out over 81 games) and I think that price is reasonable for the NY market. Perhaps something closer to $40-45 per ticket on average would be fairer while they rebuild but that's not enough of a difference to dissuade me from renewing. I love my seats and I do not want to go through the hassle of buying tickets game by game at the last minute.
    That is the only part of your post that bothers me. "The NY market" stuff has been an excuse used here to defend the Mets prices since at least 2006 when I joined baseball fever.

    The Phillies tickets are so much cheaper than Mets tickets, yet they share a large part of the market (the state of NJ). And does anyone think the cost of living is cheaper in Metro Boston than the NY area? I have a friend that relocated to suburban Virginia only to find out that market around Spotsylvania VA was much higher than where she lived in Warwick NY. The Nats charge a lot less than the Mets. I have relatives in Moraga CA, and relatives in Palos Verde CA and their cost of living is much higher than mine, yet Dodgers, Angels, Giants and A's tickets, even Padres too, cost much less than NY.

    The NY Yankees are 'the NY market' as far as pricing goes. Same with the Knicks and Rangers. The Mets, Isles and Nets are not on that tier. They are all on some "sub tier" where tickets should not be priced as high as the others.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Obviously it's different when you say one does it upfront and one is deceiving. Obviously we know who is doing the deceiving. But thats not the point though. The point was to show the practice of professional teams putting tickets on the open market and selling them for whatever the market allows. This is different than tiered pricing so I have no idea why you brought that up.
    You are claiming that the Mets are flooding the secondary market with heavily discounted tickets. This may be true, and there is evidence to support this claim, but the Giants ARE NOT flooding the secondary market. Their primary sales are based on fluctuating prices, while the Mets primary sales are based on fixed prices. I fail to see how the Giants fluctuating price structure for their primary sales is concrete proof that the Mets are flooding the secondary market.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    That is the only part of your post that bothers me. "The NY market" stuff has been an excuse used here to defend the Mets prices since at least 2006 when I joined baseball fever.

    The Phillies tickets are so much cheaper than Mets tickets, yet they share a large part of the market (the state of NJ). And does anyone think the cost of living is cheaper in Metro Boston than the NY area? I have a friend that relocated to suburban Virginia only to find out that market around Spotsylvania VA was much higher than where she lived in Warwick NY. The Nats charge a lot less than the Mets. I have relatives in Moraga CA, and relatives in Palos Verde CA and their cost of living is much higher than mine, yet Dodgers, Angels, Giants and A's tickets, even Padres too, cost much less than NY.

    The NY Yankees are 'the NY market' as far as pricing goes. Same with the Knicks and Rangers. The Mets, Isles and Nets are not on that tier. They are all on some "sub tier" where tickets should not be priced as high as the others.
    Both the Yankees and Mets are the NY market, but they're different segments of the same market with the Yankees occupying the upper echelon and the Mets below. Besides, I don't think your numbers are all correct.

    According to this year's MLB Fan Cost Index (https://www.teammarketing.com/public...11_mlb_fci.pdf), the Phillies are virtually the same cost as the Mets with the average Philly ticket actually higher than the average Mets ticket. This is offset by the Mets having a much higher premium ticket cost vs. the Phillies. Total fan cost is virtually the same.

    Similarly, the Red Sox cost is very similar to the Yankees and has been for a number of years. Their total cost is much higher than the Mets.

    The Dodgers are slightly lower than the Mets but not significantly so. Average ticket price is virtually identical to the Mets with the Dodgers premium ticket average much higher than the Mets.

    The other teams that you mention are definitely lower than the Mets. But what does any of this prove? To me, it means that "the market" goes beyond a simple question of cost of living. I think the market is specific to a fan base. The Mets know they don't have the fan base of the Yankees; therefore, their ticket prices reflect that. They overcharged in 2009 and 2010 and have adjusted accordingly. That's how business works, adjusting to your market.

  19. #69
    Just to add a little more to my previous post re: "the market":

    The more I think about what constitutes the market, I am certain that cost of living is a factor but not a major one. I think it's much more related to the fan base, whether that fan base is really a baseball fan base, for instance. I don't think anyone can dispute the claim that NY is a baseball town and LA really isn't. Everyone knows how their fans often arrive at games late and leave early. Yes, part of it has to do with their horrific traffic but it also reflects the fan base's mentality. Another example: during Atlanta's incredible playoff run of 14 consecutive division titles, it was not that unusual to see plenty of empty seats at Turner Field. Would this ever happen in NY? I think not. Atlanta is much more of a football town. College football is probably more popular than MLB baseball.

    So...the market goes way beyond a superficial glance at a locality's cost of living. It involves the deep-seated fervor of the fan base. At least that's how I see it.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Martinsville, NJ
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Just to add a little more to my previous post re: "the market":

    The more I think about what constitutes the market, I am certain that cost of living is a factor but not a major one. I think it's much more related to the fan base, whether that fan base is really a baseball fan base, for instance. I don't think anyone can dispute the claim that NY is a baseball town and LA really isn't. Everyone knows how their fans often arrive at games late and leave early. Yes, part of it has to do with their horrific traffic but it also reflects the fan base's mentality. Another example: during Atlanta's incredible playoff run of 14 consecutive division titles, it was not that unusual to see plenty of empty seats at Turner Field. Would this ever happen in NY? I think not. Atlanta is much more of a football town. College football is probably more popular than MLB baseball.

    So...the market goes way beyond a superficial glance at a locality's cost of living. It involves the deep-seated fervor of the fan base. At least that's how I see it.
    I would agree with that... The passion of the NY baseball fan goes back many years and generations.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,277
    The NY Mets are as much the NY market as the NY Islanders have become. Unless you are on a forum like this (or others) then the Mets are really close to being irrelevant to the market as a whole. Mets fans can deny this, but the prices for Mets tickets reflect this.

    This season, I could get Isles tickets first row behind the bench cheaper than I could get Rangers tickets in the old blue seats, last row behind the goal. With the way things are going, the Mets will have the emptiest 25,000 tickets sold history in MLB history.

    The Yankees are NYC and have been since 1995. The Mets were on that level at one time, but it will be years before they are a "NY team" again.

    The average ticket prices for teams like the Phillies are skewed. Their best seats are much cheaper, the upper deck is close in price. Very few teams have $400 tickets like the Mets.

    I am headed to CA in August when the Mets are in SD. I might see the LAD, LAA, and the Mets in SD. So far, I see prices much cheaper than the Mets box office.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by foulpole View Post
    You are claiming that the Mets are flooding the secondary market with heavily discounted tickets. This may be true, and there is evidence to support this claim, but the Giants ARE NOT flooding the secondary market. Their primary sales are based on fluctuating prices, while the Mets primary sales are based on fixed prices. I fail to see how the Giants fluctuating price structure for their primary sales is concrete proof that the Mets are flooding the secondary market.
    Primary or secondary market does not matter, it's the practice itself of selling tickets based on supply and demand in the open market. That practice which is something the Giants do is now what the Mets are engaging in. The whole point is that TEAMS are selling tickets with fluctuating prices, what market it is has no bearing on what I'm talking about. You might be talking about something totally different because quite frankly I have no clue why you care what market it is.

    Now if you believe that a bunch of poor soles purchased blocks of crappy upper deck season tickets (all while knowing this team was going to be mediocore) hoping to sell them on Stub Hub and would turn a profit, well then I'm speechless.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Posts
    702

    Why I have season tickets for the Mets

    Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    ... why would any fan buy season tickets next year?
    Below is an answer to your question. It is not a "defense". It is a list of reasons that apply to me. Your results may vary:


    I've been going to Mets games since 1965. Guess I'm hooked.

    I really enjoy Citi Field. I enjoy good baseball, even if only the other team is playing it.

    I love having my pick of games to attend / give away / sell.

    I'm blessed to be able to afford them.

    I sit in Row 1 of a price break section. Great view; great for sales which enhances affordability.

    I live pretty close to the stadium.

    My wife is thrilled.

    Renewal rights in same great location.

    Playoff rights, someday.

    When I eventually retire, I'm gonna have something fun to do at my fingertips 81 times a year, if I want to.

    It annoys Mongoose. (Kidding).

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    5,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister B. View Post
    Below is an answer to your question. It is not a "defense". It is a list of reasons that apply to me. Your results may vary:


    I've been going to Mets games since 1965. Guess I'm hooked.

    I really enjoy Citi Field. I enjoy good baseball, even if only the other team is playing it.

    I love having my pick of games to attend / give away / sell.

    I'm blessed to be able to afford them.

    I sit in Row 1 of a price break section. Great view; great for sales which enhances affordability.

    I live pretty close to the stadium.

    My wife is thrilled.

    Renewal rights in same great location.

    Playoff rights, someday.

    When I eventually retire, I'm gonna have something fun to do at my fingertips 81 times a year, if I want to.

    It annoys Mongoose. (Kidding).

    All of these are very valid reasons. My favorite is that your wife is thrilled. If you group all of those reasons, and then add to it that your wife likes going, then I don't think you need to justify why you are going to games as a FST. They did give you a huge discount this season, and I would think you are going to see further discounts.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    818
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    That is the only part of your post that bothers me. "The NY market" stuff has been an excuse used here to defend the Mets prices since at least 2006 when I joined baseball fever.

    The Phillies tickets are so much cheaper than Mets tickets, yet they share a large part of the market (the state of NJ). And does anyone think the cost of living is cheaper in Metro Boston than the NY area? I have a friend that relocated to suburban Virginia only to find out that market around Spotsylvania VA was much higher than where she lived in Warwick NY. The Nats charge a lot less than the Mets. I have relatives in Moraga CA, and relatives in Palos Verde CA and their cost of living is much higher than mine, yet Dodgers, Angels, Giants and A's tickets, even Padres too, cost much less than NY.

    The NY Yankees are 'the NY market' as far as pricing goes. Same with the Knicks and Rangers. The Mets, Isles and Nets are not on that tier. They are all on some "sub tier" where tickets should not be priced as high as the others.
    Mets tickets are less than Yankee tickets. Parking and food is also less expensive at Citi Field. Isles, Devil and Net tickets are also much less expensive than the Garden, also including parking and concessions. The mets are currently involved in a price correction. They lowered prices across the board last offseason and are now giving STH free tickets and heavily discounting many games. As many of us have said before, all they have to do is win. Citi Field sold real well in 2009 when we thought we had a contending team, and those prices were ridiculious. There is a direct correlation in winning and selling tickets, even with the Yankees. The Rangers and Knicks are lucky to have a few hundred thousand foreign tourists staying blocks away from there arena nightly that helps there attendance during there lean years.

Page 3 of 201 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •