Page 5 of 216 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by Met addict View Post
    136 Tickets left for tonight's game, so strange. I can't for the life of me figure out why there are upwards of 2K available for every other game this week. Head scratcher.

Not strange. Looks like they're trying different sales techniques to see what works and what doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Not strange. Looks like they're trying different sales techniques to see what works and what doesn't.
    So you think they managed to pull those blocks of affordable CC and baseline box tickets somehow? I was under the impression those tickets were sold in bulk to a wholesaler who was then listing them on the hub. If that's the case, how would they go about suddenly removing them? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. The fluctuation of the ticket market interests me and I've yet to see this happen any other date this season.

I think this is totally team-related as well. Now I notice seats slowly being brought back to the mix; tickets that were available, then seemingly sold, and now back to being available again. Personally, I think the team is trying to spare themselves from the embarrassment, especially after the bad press they've been getting regarding ticket sales or lack thereof, and the ridiculously low StubHub prices that were published. Something isn't quite right.
    Last edited by Rob R; 04-21-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Or.......maybe there is just a lot of legitimate activity....

136 Tickets left for tonight's game, so strange. I can't for the life of me figure out why there are upwards of 2K available for every other game this week. Head scratcher.
    Strange indeed! I hate conspiracy theories but…. Yesterday at about 04:45pm, 20 Base Line Box tickets became available for $5 each.

I tried to purchase 2 but they were only available to purchase as the entire 20 ticket allotment. They soon disappeared, I presume they were sold. Why would someone buy 20 tickets just two and half hours before the game?

The only explanation I have is a lot of these tickets that are on StubHub were previously held back for group tickets. I was in attendence last night and they were thousands youngsters in attendance (all wearing orange shirts) as part of a group.

Maybe because of religious celebrations there were little or no group sales tonight.

I don't understand how if Stubhub is a truly "FAN to FAN marketplace" how massive amount of tickets in similar locations arbitrarily and capriciously come and go!

Well, number listed is rising through the afternoon, though, from 74 at 12:30 to 157 right now - just refreshed - now 167...

So you think they managed to pull those blocks of affordable CC and baseline box tickets somehow? I was under the impression those tickets were sold in bulk to a wholesaler who was then listing them on the hub. If that's the case, how would they go about suddenly removing them? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. The fluctuation of the ticket market interests me and I've yet to see this happen any other date this season.
    They don't sell them to a wholesaler, nobody wins when that happens. Wholesaler would lose money because of cost to buy tickets plus SH fees plus all of the unsold tickets they get stuck with which would be plenty. No need to dump them to anyone else when the Mets can just dump them on SH and collect full price on the discounted ticket minus SH fees. Plus the Mets have more control in setting the price when they do it themselves.

More than likely is they're just trying different sales techniques by pulling tickets at the last minute, changing prices, only making them available in certain places just to see what sells where and for how much. Also want to see if fans who had planned to purchase tickets for tonight on SH at a discount would still purchase tickets at full price through the Mets if they see they can't get those discounted tickets.

The tickets are going up, then disappearing, then back up with no rhyme or reason. Champions club seats were available for $35...while prom were $30? And you could get one for $12 on mets.com?

And absolutely nothing in LF on stubhub where nobody bought tickets. In a park where capacity is a little over 40K, and there are so many seats in the OF in fair territory,.... and there has been nobody out in LF/LCF....how does 27K get sold? That would mean every single seat in between the foul poles is sold every game?

Combine this with the worst home start ever, including the first year at the Polo Grounds, and we are looking at a train wreck of a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    The tickets are going up, then disappearing, then back up with no rhyme or reason. Champions club seats were available for $35...while prom were $30? And you could get one for $12 on mets.com?
    Well, couldn't one use the hub selling tools to see history of sales in a section / category, just to see if they are being sold on the cheap, or they are just going up and being taken down.

cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    Official: Shackmeister (along with all the Brooklyn drafts) is out at the Shake Shack, Goose Island Summertime is in. Not bad, but a Brooklyn it ain't.

I didn't know AFLAC got into the beer business!

Keith's Grill (LF field level)! The "Mex" burger available now, second burger later on, they said. Keith was pushing it on SNY last night too.

Been wondering where this was, it looks like it's next to the "Dugout Shop." Didn't think it would be one of those standalone stands. Somehow I can't imagine "Mex" behind the grill, even for a half inning or so.

This is probably not new, but I didn't notice it last year. RF corner, $10/glass.

I think it is new. Don't recall seeing it last year. The Rum Bar on the other side of the World's Fare cashier area (that is, to your left as you enter the World's Fare Market) was new last year. Wonder if the Wine Bar and the Rum Bar are Citi's attempts at their own version of the "Tommy Bahama" Martini Bar that is much beloved in the South Bronx.

Going to the game tonight. Wasn't sure what time it started, so I called to find out and they asked me what time I could get there.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

The tasty hot dogs I ate pre-game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I didn't know AFLAC got into the beer business!

Been wondering where this was, it looks like it's next to the "Dugout Shop." Didn't think it would be one of those standalone stands. Somehow I can't imagine "Mex" behind the grill, even for a half inning or so.

I think it is new. Don't recall seeing it last year. The Rum Bar on the other side of the World's Fare cashier area (that is, to your left as you enter the World's Fare Market) was new last year. Wonder if the Wine Bar and the Rum Bar are Citi's attempts at their own version of the "Tommy Bahama" Martini Bar that is much beloved in the South Bronx.

Going to the game tonight. Wasn't sure what time it started, so I called to find out and they asked me what time I could get there.
    Hey Gary just a heads up there's new photo material at the five pointz (mets mural)

Wow, 32,819 (78.1% full) in Citi Field tonite.

Just got back from the game. Of course attendance was no where near what they announced, but the place was fuller than it has been for other weekday games this April. If I had to guess, I'd say about 12k in attendance, give or take a little. Perhaps a lot of people have off tomorrow, who knows, but it was good to see some life in the place tonight.

I was going to go for the reuben in the Caesar's club, but opted for the Mex burger instead after seeing it on SNY last night. I'm very glad I did, it was a great burger and comes with kettle chips and a tootsie roll pop for ten bucks. Be warned though, the area in LF where Keith's Grill is located might be the windiest location in all Citi Field. When you're standing on line it's like a breeze of fat blowing off the grill in your face. It's worth it though and the burger is one of the better deals in the park if you're really hungry, I will definitely get it again.

Went to the game tonight, totally unplanned and last minute. I'd say the 12,000 attendance Met addict guessed is a bit on the low end, but he knows CF better than I so he might be right. My guess is about 20k, still nowhere near the announced 32,819. Maybe it's somewhere in the middle, 16-17k or so.

The turnout wasn't bad considering the miserable, cold, windy weather and the team's play of late. Had the pastrami (couldn't resist) and all I can say is don't waste your money. Very pedestrian in flavor, and chintzy in size (don't believe the posted menu). They even weighed the slices prior to putting it on the bread. I took some pics and will download later or tomorrow.

The dude doing the carving for my sandwich was totally clueless. It was actually comical, like the Marx brothers working back there. There was no order whatsoever. They'd carve the meat, rest it on a scale, then walk to the other side of the counter to get bread. Then they'd put the meat in the bread in slow motion. Time for the mustard. You guessed it....it's on the opposite side of the counter. The girl who rang me up, finally got the sandwich from the carving dude, but had to grab a box to put it in. Yep....on the other end of the counter. I kid you not.

We had another adventure at the fried dough stand. My friend saw the fried dough stand from afar and had a craving for it. As we approached the stand, the oil and grease smelled terrible and looked even worse close up. Oil was literally pouring off the dough. Even though I wasn't eating it, I asked the guy if he can drain them better, or if he had one that was dryer. His brilliant response was, "That's the way we serve 'em."

My friend, who probably wasn't paying close attention, bought one anyway, which initially surprised me, because she's usually nitpicky. She decided that she'd eat half and give the other half to another friend who remained seated. She asked for another plate, and the other goofball that worked there said, "We can't give you another plate." I chimed in and asked, "Why not?" "They count them," was his retort, almost apologetically.

Holy &#%. I suddenly had a vision of Fred and Jeff, immediately after the game, behind the concession stands and hunched over, counting all the plates one by one. Wouldn't surprise me. For those doubting my story (afterall, I'm a Yankee fan), this fried dough stand is on the field level, RF corner, before the bridge. Go ahead. Ask for another plate. I dare you.

(By the way, she FINALLY realized how greasy and unappealing the fried dough when she sat down at her seat and took a better look at it. She didn't even take a bite and tossed it. Our other friend took a pinch, tasted it, made a face and left it under the seat untouched). Speaking of grease, they really need better ventilation at the park. You can smell the overpowering grease, sausage fat and onions wafting out from the Premio Stand throughout the entire park, no matter where you're at, and it remains on your clothes and hair. Couldn't wait to get home to shower it off. My jacket still reeks of it.
    Last edited by Rob R; 04-21-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Oh, I almost forgot. Taking a cue from delis like Katz's, while the carving dude was carving, he looked at me, took a piece of pastrami about 2" long and asked if I wanted a taste. Before I could say yes and grab it, he asked, "How many ordered the pastrami?" Three other people said they did. Carving dude proceeded to rip the same piece of pastrami, with his gloved hand, into 4 pieces and started handing them out. I politely said, "No thanks."

Only Mets fans get the tasty pastrami sandwich.

New York Deli Pastrami! Hand carved! Piled High!

Huh? $10.50? Weighed Portions? Like Subway? But, but, but I thought......."Piled high???"

What the $#@*?

Last edited by Rob R; 04-22-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majorleads View Post
    Only Mets fans get the tasty pastrami sandwich.
    But...but....but.... I wasn't even wearing my Yankee cap! (I'm not THAT big of a d-bag to wear one in enemy territory!).

I was thinking of trying it but how big was the sandwich? A place like Katz's Delicatessen sells a rather small sandwich for about the same money.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue387 View Post
    I was thinking of trying it but how big was the sandwich? A place like Katz's Delicatessen sells a rather small sandwich for about the same money.
    Quality-wise, there is no comparison to Katz's pastrami. Not even close. Katz's melts in your mouth and is specially seasoned and cured. Quality and taste-wise, the pastrami at Citi Field is something you might find at a local supermarket, only a lot more expensive, considering the scraps they give you. A rip-off, IMO. Katz's doesn't pile it as high as Carnegie, for instance, but you still get significantly more at Katz's than the sandwich I got at Citi Field. Katz's is $16 a sandwich I believe, but in a whole other league. The picture above is actually one half of my sandwich that I took before I even took a bite. Not very much meat, and as you can see, a few odd-looking pieces that are slightly bigger and thicker than chipped beef.

Oh...and as you can see from the above picture, the carver cut most slices with the grain, instead of against it, which is a no-no and makes the meat tougher (which it was). He clearly had no training or clue what to do. And determining the direction of the grain in pastrami, corned beef and brisket is quite easy and obvious. Bottom line is they just want your money and could care less about the quality, presentation or doing it right.

Save your money.
    Last edited by Rob R; 04-22-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
    ...they really need better ventilation at the park. You can smell the overpowering grease, sausage fat and onions wafting out from the Premio Stand throughout the entire park, no matter where you're at, and it remains on your clothes and hair. Couldn't wait to get home to shower it off. My jacket still reeks of it.
    The smells from the Sausage and Peppers stands are a holdover from Shea - I'd say that most Mets fans love that smell, myself included. Smells like home field.

The smells from the Sausage and Peppers stands are a holdover from Shea - I'd say that most Mets fans love that smell, myself included. Smells like home field.
    Oh, how I love it! You're not kidding it smells like home field. To this day, I can be anywhere and if I smell sausage & peppers, I feel as if I'm in the Mezzanine at Shea.

I love that smell too as soon as you walk in the stadium and I agree, makes you feel like you're at the home park. I've been smelling those sausage & peppers since I was a kid and I hope it never changes.

Rob R. is right though, the fried dough stand does suck and reeks of bad oil. It's my least favorite thing food-wise in all of Citi Field. They should fry individual zeppolies instead of that massive flat piece of dough. Might make 'em a little less greasy & easier to drain.

Page 5 of 216 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast