Page 101 of 215 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 5372

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

I believe the floor for dynamic pricing (on mets.com) is the season ticket holder price.. Your ticket was probably one of the $2.50 specials that people loaded up on to flip.. granted a whopping $10 profit.. but hey, its a money maker.. I would say the Promenade level will be packed today.. with the lower levels being scattered..

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    That explains the name then, it never made sense to me before. Is it just an otherwise ordinary Korean Deli / hot buffet bar kind of place, of the sort you see all over Midtown and Downtown with street name tie-ins like "Gourmet 52" on 52nd St., etc.? Funny that they scored a Citi Field stand then.
    Yes, with highly entrepreneurial ownership. They also run a Korean catering business. I don't think they sell much chicken, it's very overpriced for midweek deli lunch

I'm at today's game and the lines for buying day of game tickets at the windows at 1pm were unbelievable (to me). Literally, 50 people deep at every counter. Not a huge visible turnout in the seats but it's pretty chilly, lots of folks staying in the clubs and in the sun on the outfield concourses.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Nice day forecast. I want to see Strasburg while he lasts. I can spare a few hours in the afternoon.
    Wish I'd read this earlier, I'd have liked to meet The Mongoose in person - at Citi Field no less

I'm amazed the cheapest one on StubHub was $15. ... Since we all know season ticket sales were lousy, I wonder who bought the ticket I rebought. I doubt it was sold as a season ticket. I wonder where it came from?
    What was the face value on the ticket? Could be a flip of the $2.50 deal for profit.

I wonder if the Wilpons know there are a lot of fans that won't buy directly from them?
    I don't think there are. More fools they IMHO, though I also think vain gestures done on principle are useless throwaways, but have some respect for those who make them anyway...

I wonder if they're still using Stub Hub to clear inventory they can't sell at the box office. I also wonder what the floor of their dynamic pricing is.
    Doesn't look like it so far this year, and the STH prices are the floor levels for dynamic pricing.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    Wish I'd read this earlier, I'd have liked to meet The Mongoose in person - at Citi Field no less

What was the face value on the ticket? Could be a flip of the $2.50 deal for profit.

I don't think there are. More fools they IMHO, though I also think vain gestures done on principle are useless throwaways, but have some respect for those who make them anyway...

Doesn't look like it so far this year, and the STH prices are the floor levels for dynamic pricing.
    It was a dismal day at the ballpark, all in all. This lineup, without Wright and Reyes, won't score many runs. Strasburg looked good. So did Santana. 1 earned run allowed over 10 innings and an 0-1 record to show for it: a microcosm of his Mets career.

I think the pitching matchup, and reasonable forecast helped turnout. Still, it was probably only 18,000 tops. Caesars level was about 70-75% empty.

I know people who don't want to give the Wilpons their money. Fred, Jeff and Saul are not especially interested in Mets baseball or building a winning team and have treated the fans badly. Not wanting to patronize them isn't vain, useless or the reaction of "fools". It's the natural reaction of a dissatisfied customer. The foolish thing to do is keep patronizing them as if they deserve the fans' money. It'll only confirm their contempt for Mets fans and inspire more contemptuous behavior in the future.

If I have the urge to go to the ballpark, I'll either buy on the secondary market or not at all. If the urge strikes again maybe I'll give you a heads up.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

It was a dismal day at the ballpark, all in all. This lineup, without Wright and Reyes, won't score many runs. Strasburg looked good. So did Santana. 1 earned run allowed over 10 innings and an 0-1 record to show for it: a microcosm of his Mets career.

I think the pitching matchup, and reasonable forecast helped turnout. Still, it was probably only 18,000 tops. Caesars level was about 70-75% empty.

I know people who don't want to give the Wilpons their money. Fred, Jeff and Saul are not especially interested in Mets baseball or building a winning team and have treated the fans badly. Not wanting to patronize them isn't vain, useless or the reaction of "fools". It's the natural reaction of a dissatisfied customer. The foolish thing to do is keep patronizing them as if they deserve the fans' money. It'll only confirm their contempt for Mets fans and inspire more contemptuous behavior in the future.

If I have the urge to go to the ballpark, I'll either buy on the secondary market or not at all. If the urge strikes again maybe I'll give you a heads up.
    Never give them one penny, never go there, win or lose, even for free, regardless of payroll.
    Very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by WEB View Post
    Never give them one penny, never go there, win or lose, even for free, regardless of payroll.
    Very easy.
    If the Wilpons never do sell, and a similar thinking Mets fan stayed away in protest, and God forbid, passed away without ever seeing their favorite team live at home again...

...did he win?

Quote Originally Posted by alpineinc View Post
    If the Wilpons never do sell, and a similar thinking Mets fan stayed away in protest, and God forbid, passed away without ever seeing their favorite team live at home again...

...did he win?
    The Wilpon era Mets haven't been the same team I grew up rooting for. The laundry - only occasionally - is the same, but they've generally been bland, charmless losers. The organizational philosophy, from the top down, has been to milk and bilk the fans for as much as possible, while doing as little as necessary to piece together a contender. Lately even assembling a paper contender's been too much to bother with.

Being a fan's a two way street. Any relationship is. If your spouse turns into a money grubbing, unfaithful parasite, would you be wrong in finally walking away after many years of abuse? Most would say no.

Under certain circumstances I'll go. I'd like to be able to say I saw Strasburg at his peak. I have affection for many individual Mets players. If I'm given free tickets and have the time I'll go. Actually patronizing the team in any conventional way, however, sends the message fans are O.K. with the way they've been treated and how the team's been run. It invites more of the same behavior. As a result, it is wrong.

As a former plan holder, I understand that the routine becomes a way of life. Even around 1992-3, it was difficult for me to walk away - and that was one of the hardest teams to watch you could imagine. Still, you find other enjoyable ways of spending your time. As a former plan holder yourself, I suspect you realize these people do not offer value for money. In my opinion they do not value Mets fans as customers or human beings.

The only correct way to deal with any abusive relationship is to distance yourself from it.

...did he win?
    Tough question. Depends on how strongly he feels about the matter.
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Related to my last question, to take such a position one would have to think about ownership quite often in the course of being a fan; while watching on TV, while listening on the radio, while thinking about games to go to. So,...

How many folks here have the Wilpons as a constant theme in the course of being a Mets fan? Personally, I went to three games this homestand, and thought about ownership a total of about 10-15 minutes during all that time (entering the rotunda each time, the first time I saw the blue walls and other changes in person, and checking out the new food for the first time [pizza, etc.]). After that, virtually all baseball and the activity on the field. So, I wouldn't fit the definition of one whose fandom is scarred or even doomed by the Wilpons; an annoyance perhaps, but that's about it.

Is it more serious with others? Do you go to StubHub and feel pangs of regret or outright anger that supercedes the simple joy of going to a ballgame when even thinking about buying a ticket? Squirming in your dark green seat if you ever make it to Citi that you may be contributing to the permanent downfall of an organization instead of just watching a young Met at bat? Skipping a good Shake Shack burger and getting a vendor's hot dog instead to take a stand against expensive designer food options? I'd be interested to find out how those with more severe opinions of the Wilpons translates into directly affecting or even damaging the actual experience of being a fan, and in reality who is really hurting whom.

Related to my last question, to take such a position one would have to think about ownership quite often in the course of being a fan; while watching on TV, while listening on the radio, while thinking about games to go to. So,...

How many folks here have the Wilpons as a constant theme in the course of being a Mets fan? Personally, I went to three games this homestand, and thought about ownership a total of about 10-15 minutes during all that time (entering the rotunda each time, the first time I saw the blue walls and other changes in person, and checking out the new food for the first time [pizza, etc.]). After that, virtually all baseball and the activity on the field. So, I wouldn't fit the definition of one whose fandom is scarred or even doomed by the Wilpons; an annoyance perhaps, but that's about it.

Is it more serious with others? Do you go to StubHub and feel pangs of regret or outright anger that supercedes the simple joy of going to a ballgame when even thinking about buying a ticket? Squirming in your dark green seat if you ever make it to Citi that you may be contributing to the permanent downfall of an organization instead of just watching a young Met at bat? Skipping a good Shake Shack burger and getting a vendor's hot dog instead to take a stand against expensive designer food options? I'd be interested to find out how those with more severe opinions of the Wilpons translates into directly affecting or even damaging the actual experience of being a fan, and in reality who is really hurting whom.
    When I was watching Tejada instead of Reyes; Cedeno at 3rd base because of lack of depth; Alderson's bullpen leak like a sieve - all panic signings done fast to divert attention from losing Reyes - I was thinking of the Wilpons.

When sitting in my seat the batter was blocked behind a piece of plexiglass. Another reminder of the Wilpons

While sitting in the Promenade Club due to the cold I tried looking at the field and was reminded, as you probably know, it was impossible to see the batter. Seeing the field was a non-priority in designing the place. Some other people remarked on the lousy design of the place. Naturally the subject of the Wilpons came up.

I walked out into the upper deck food court and noted, by contrast, how carefully designed the stadium's concession areas were and how many there were. I also noted the cheapest slice of pizza was $5, and IIRC it was $10 for a foot long hot dog. More reminders of the Wilpons.

I looked across the stadium and noted how dead the whole place felt in spite of reasonable attendance and a close game. I've noticed it before. Theories have been bounced around as to why. Bottom line: the new place somehow seems to suck a measure of energy out of the experience of watching the game. I'm not the only one that's noticed this. Could be the drab colors and drab architecture. Painting the wall only adds to the tangle of chaotic colors created by the tacked on signage. It really hasn't lifted the cloud, though. I actually reflected on how hard it must be to make such derivative, uninspired retro design look ugly... Which got me to thinking of the Wilpons again.

As I said, there were less than 20,000 there at most. I then saw announced attendance was 34,000+, almost exactly double actual attendance. I was reminded how every bit of information from this team must be taken with a grain of salt.

Finally, there's the hovering knowledge that if the team is ever good again ownership will use the same slimy tactics on fans as in 2008-9. This reminded me that the more easygoing current ballpark experience is a deception, and the 2009 experience - when my friend's son was asked to leave the Acela Club because they didn't want any 10 year olds standing around looking out the window - is really what this ownership is all about.

The only correct way to deal with any abusive relationship is to distance yourself from it.
    I would not use the term relationship, it's a choice of spending or not spending to see a baseball game.

You know where I stand. When Shea is rebuilt, that pile of junk in it's parking lot removed and there is new ownership, let me know.
    Until then Shea's parking lot beyond where left field was is the only toxic thing at Willets Point.

They can keep their tickets and concessions even if free.
    Last edited by WEB; 04-12-2012 at 11:37 AM.

I noticed that the sandwiches in the Caesars club are no longer served with french fries. Too bad, the reuben with fries for 11 bucks last year was a really good deal. Also, no more Korean fried chicken. I really liked the chicken, it looks like they replaced it with a gyro and fries stand.
    Last edited by Met addict; 04-12-2012 at 07:45 PM.

I had a 6 game flex pack last season. My 'rep' just called me offering free field level seats to the Marlins series next week if I renew with another 6 pack.

I might actually take him up on his offer since the secondary market isn't much better than what the Mets are offering and dynamic pricing isn't going to help much. I was planning on going to 6 games anyway this season.

Anyone have a print at home ticket with
    Delta club access I can view (you can obviously cross out the
    barcode) ... because someone has offered me a ticket for an
    upcoming game, and he says it includes Delta club, so I'd
    like to see what a legit one looks like so I can compare and make
    sure I'm not being scammed...

THIS SUNDAY ------

The Mets may have a big issue on their hands come Sunday (Tom Seaver Bobblehead day)

The forecast is for 12 hours of rain, starting in the morning. So, what are the Mets' options? A majority of the people got tickets simply for the promotion, and this is the Giants' only trip to Citi Field this year - and there's a game scheduled for Monday (so they can't make it up that night). What do the Mets do?

-Cancel the game before the gates open?
    -Open the gates even if it looks like a rainout and allow people to get the bobbleheads?
    -Schedule the game as the early part of a DH on Monday, screwing over mostly everyone?
    -Try to reschedule for a common off day when the Giants are somewhere close (Philly)?

I have two tickets for Sunday's game, I'm concerned about the weather.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by PartnerInGrime View Post
    THIS SUNDAY ------

The Mets may have a big issue on their hands come Sunday (Tom Seaver Bobblehead day)

The forecast is for 12 hours of rain, starting in the morning. So, what are the Mets' options? A majority of the people got tickets simply for the promotion, and this is the Giants' only trip to Citi Field this year - and there's a game scheduled for Monday (so they can't make it up that night). What do the Mets do?

-Cancel the game before the gates open?
    -Open the gates even if it looks like a rainout and allow people to get the bobbleheads?
    -Schedule the game as the early part of a DH on Monday, screwing over mostly everyone?
    -Try to reschedule for a common off day when the Giants are somewhere close (Philly)?
    I would guess DH on Monday since the Giants don't come back.

THIS SUNDAY ------

Unless the game is already called when I wake up Sunday AM, I will drive to the CitiField and park for free under the Whitestone Expy and get my bobblehead.

Life is too short to worry about things one cannot control. The rain is supposed to being late afternoon Saturday.

Cheers!
    -Doug

p.s. - There is a single $5 Caesars Box seat on the hub. Cant' beat that for an in-the-door price... with Club access to boot.

p.p.s - Oops! Gone in 60 seconds....

p.p.p.s. - Sellers market today...
    Last edited by dstoffa; 04-20-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I would guess DH on Monday since the Giants don't come back.
    That would screw nearly every person who bought a ticket for Sunday for the promotion.

If they did that, they'd have to order more bobbleheads and offer them to people with tickets who couldn't make the game. It wouldn't be fair otherwise, and they'd have a mess on their hands.

That would screw nearly every person who bought a ticket for Sunday for the promotion.

If they did that, they'd have to order more bobbleheads and offer them to people with tickets who couldn't make the game. It wouldn't be fair otherwise, and they'd have a mess on their hands.
    Fair's got nothing to do with it... Last year, they moved two Sat and Sun games against the Braves with cool promos due to Hurricane Irene at the end of August. The one game got rescheduled as part of a single admission DH and the other was played later in September. The promos didn't follow the rescheduled games, they were reassigned to other games at the end of September.

I'm in even worse shape on this one. I used my blood drive free tix for Sunday's game. The tix say "no raincheck", would I even get to go to the makeup??

I just noticed my ticket I bought on craigslist also says no rain check. Damn.
    Guess I'll get there early in hopes the gates are open so I can at least get the Bobblehead.

Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    I'm in even worse shape on this one. I used my blood drive free tix for Sunday's game. The tix say "no raincheck", would I even get to go to the makeup??
    Yes, as all tickets for Sunday would be... Unless they rescheduled to a single admission double header with the other game's tickets being valid. Then your comp ticket would become a bookmark.

Quote Originally Posted by StadiumPage View Post
    Considering the number of tickets that are available this season, I'd doubt they'd give you a hard time if the game is rained out & you wanted to go to another game. I think it's more a function of not giving cash refunds for comp tickets or to someone presenting a season ticket at a window (I'd imagine the credit would go directly to the account holder).

And if a ticket agent on the phone gives you a hard time speak to a supervisor - they have more leeway to comp you.

Page 101 of 215 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast