Page 140 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 5376

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Far too many Mets fans are more anti-Yankees than they are pro Mets. I have seen this fiscal argument before...when I was a kid Mets fans were fed the fiscal stuff when the Mets dumped Seaver, Matlack, Koosman, Kingman and others in the name of fiscal responsibility while the Yankees were signing Reggie, Goose, Catfish etc 1976-1981. Which team won 4 pennants and 2 WS ? Which team seemed to finish last or close to it?

Something is skewed when Mets fan accept paying $63 for Opening day and Subway Series tickets. Across town, the NYY are offering a package for 12 games for $240...yes I know they are making you buy 12 games, but at $20 per game you get Opening Day, a Mets game, a Dodgers game (huge game as LAD have not been in YS since '81), a Red Sox game, a Rangers game, a Tampa Rays game, an Angels game, 2 games versus Toronto....all of these games would certainly NOT be value games in Queens ! So, a Mets-NYY game at Citi starts at $63, and at YS can be had for $20.

Who is being fiscally responsible? Mets fans?
    That is a great price for the Yankee 12 game pak. Do the Mets offer any packages that offer OD along with any other games at lower prices or do they just offer $63 opening day prices. Many of us know that the answer is yes, but if our only source of Mets information are from your posts we would never know any different, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    That is a great price for the Yankee 12 game pak. Do the Mets offer any packages that offer OD along with any other games at lower prices or do they just offer $63 opening day prices. Many of us know that the answer is yes, but if our only source of Mets information are from your posts we would never know any different, right?
    Do you think the Mets and Yankees organizations each do their best to give their respective customers the best product possible?

If not, do you think it's right for them to charge prices in any way comparable to each other?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

I don't know. Do the Mets offer any partial plan that gets you into a subway series and opening day for anywhere close to $20 per game? Not to mention the Dodgers...which will be a big ticket to have....I would not be shocked if the Dodger games end up as the highest on the secondary market.

Edit note....from what I can gather (I COULD BE WRONG) but the cheapest tickets I see for FST upstairs for marquee games are $49. So OD and the subway series would be $98 to get in at Citi....that leaves $142 to reach the NYY $240. Yankees give you 10 games for that $142: Dodgers. Angels, Rangers, Rays, Blue Jays twice...and about 4 'value type' games.

If anyone knows of a Mets 12 game plan that gives OD and a subway series for $240, please post the information ! Thanks.
    Last edited by mandrake; 11-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Do you think the Mets and Yankees organizations each do their best to give their respective customers the best product possible?

If not, do you think it's right for them to charge prices in any way comparable to each other?
    In terms of wins and losses you are 100% right. The Yankees win every year and the Mets have been struggling the last few years and will probably struggle again this year. As far as overall entertainment, nice ballpark, food, kids section, etc, you can have a great time at a Met game. Like I have said before, I go to see a game and root for the Mets to win. If they do great but if they lose that does not mean I did not enjoy myself when I was there. Again, a personal opinion and one I have every right to express. I have been to many stadiums as a neutral fan and Yankee Stadium is at the bottom of my list of enjoyable parks.
    Last edited by rjsallstars; 11-26-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't know. Do the Mets offer any partial plan that gets you into a subway series and opening day for anywhere close to $20 per game? Not to mention the Dodgers...which will be a big ticket to have....I would not be shocked if the Dodger games end up as the highest on the secondary market.

Edit note....from what I can gather (I COULD BE WRONG) but the cheapest tickets I see for FST upstairs for marquee games are $49. So OD and the subway series would be $98 to get in at Citi....that leaves $142 to reach the NYY $240. Yankees give you 10 games for that $142: Dodgers. Angels, Rangers, Rays, Blue Jays twice...and about 4 'value type' games.

If anyone knows of a Mets 12 game plan that gives OD and a subway series for $240, please post the information ! Thanks.
    Actually they do, a Met 15 game pak will cost you $268 for 15 games although there is no Subway series but 4 friday nights instead of the Yankee pak which has no weekend games. You could see the Phils, Braves, Nats and Marlins twice, all division games. This also includes the Dodgers, White Sox, Reds, Cards, Brewers and World Series Champion Giants and opening day for a average price of $17.86. But do not forget to add $55 for Yankee fes and $60 for Met fees. But I guess you would need to be a MET fan to have any interest in the 15 game pak!!

Now can we get any more childish for your liking? Maybe my brother can beat up your brother? Maybe mother jokes? Think about it!!
    Last edited by rjsallstars; 11-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Actually they do, a Met 15 game pak will cost you $268 for 15 games although there is no Subway series but 4 friday nights instead of the Yankee pak which has no weekend games. You could see the Phils, Braves, Nats and Marlins twice, all division games. This also includes the Dodgers, White Sox, Reds, Cards, Brewers and World Series Champion Giants and opening day for a average price of $17.86. But do not forget to add $55 for Yankee fes and $60 for Met fees. But I guess you would need to be a MET fan to have any interest in the 15 game pak!!

Now can we get any more childish for your liking? Maybe my brother can beat up your brother? Maybe mother jokes? Think about it!!
    Personally I would go with mother jokes especially when I already can beat up my brother, and yours.

I am pretty sure we are all Met fans here. Some of us opt not to feed the machine that has no interest in the fans...others opt to feed it. Different ways approaching it for sure, but we are all Met fans.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 11-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulypal View Post
    Personally I would go with mother jokes especially when I already can beat up my brother, and yours.

I am pretty sure we are all Met fans here. Some of us opt not to feed the machine that has no interest in the fans...others opt to feed it. Different ways approaching it for sure, but we are all Met fans.
    Got it, thanks for the reminder. The problem is the machine has never had any interest in the fan but most fans can overlook that when the machine is winning.

The bottom line is the Mets are fielding an under .500 team and are charging stupid prices to watch it. The cheap ticket for opening day over $60 is deplorable. Getting ridiculous to take your family to a game. Add in the sub par product and high concessions and parking. I'll have to watch them lose on TV and not in person..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman 26 View Post
    The bottom line is the Mets are fielding an under .500 team and are charging stupid prices to watch it. The cheap ticket for opening day over $60 is deplorable. Getting ridiculous to take your family to a game. Add in the sub par product and high concessions and parking. I'll have to watch them lose on TV and not in person..
    Keep an eye on prices as the game approaches, you should be able to get tickets for cheaper either on stubhub/craigslist or possibly directly from the Mets. Also look at sites like GOldstar than mandrake posted which offered tickets for under $15 including fees to other April games. The cheap ones are the games I'll take my son to since he has the attention span of a hamster

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Keep an eye on prices as the game approaches, you should be able to get tickets for cheaper either on stubhub/craigslist or possibly directly from the Mets. Also look at sites like GOldstar than mandrake posted which offered tickets for under $15 including fees to other April games. The cheap ones are the games I'll take my son to since he has the attention span of a hamster
    another factor we never consider
    Both Mets and Yankees home opener is on the same day April 1st.
    Yankees Time TBA while mets start at 1PM
    So gordon you will be right tickets will be dirt cheap on the secondary market.
    I guess 25K fans will be at opening day. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by peterrod16 View Post
    another factor we never consider
    Both Mets and Yankees home opener is on the same day April 1st.
    Yankees Time TBA while mets start at 1PM
    So gordon you will be right tickets will be dirt cheap on the secondary market.
    I guess 25K fans will be at opening day. Yikes
    Aside from the question of what percent of attendants at either ballpark would go to the other team's Opening Day game even if they weren't a scheduling conflict, the Mets "should" have a better story on Opening Day assuming they will trot out RA Dickey to receive his Cy Young award before the game (presumably then to play in it as the starting pitcher).

(I don't have to explain why I felt the need to put "should" in quotes, right?)
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

If the Mets offered a plan that gets you a subway series game and opening day game for $20 per game, I suspect this board would have posts about how the Mets were "desperate".

Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    If the Mets offered a plan that gets you a subway series game and opening day game for $20 per game, I suspect this board would have posts about how the Mets were "desperate".
    Are you suggesting that the Yankees are desperate?NY Yankees 81 games 3,542,406 total 43,733 average NY Mets 80games 2,242,803 total 28,035 avg The Yankees outdraw the Mets by 1,300,000 !!!!!

Maybe the Yankees are more fan friendly??? And the Mets attendance was boosted by the three NYY games...I think the 2 largest crowds of the season were 6/23 and 6/24 versus the NYY.

Whose attendance has dropped by more than 911,000 over the past 4 seasons?

Are you suggesting that the Yankees are desperate?NY Yankees 81 games 3,542,406 total 43,733 average NY Mets 80games 2,242,803 total 28,035 avg The Yankees outdraw the Mets by 1,300,000 !!!!!

Maybe the Yankees are more fan friendly??? And the Mets attendance was boosted by the three NYY games...I think the 2 largest crowds of the season were 6/23 and 6/24 versus the NYY.

Whose attendance has dropped by more than 911,000 over the past 4 seasons?
    Not at all. I am suggesting that folks would say the Yankees are more fan friendly for doing that while the Mets would be called desperate. The way the Mets were called desperate for T-shirt Tuesdays and bring your child for free to the ballpark in September. Desperate, NOT fan friendly. Another double standard in play.

Parking for the regular season is a fixed price. Too expensive? Park on Northern Blvd under the Whitestone Expressway.
    Concessions to expensive? You can bring food stuff into the ballpark.
    Tickets too expensive? At what price do they become too expensive? Please cite a number. If value games are overpriced, then it's possible that professional sports have priced you out.

The weather for Opening Day last year was one of the best in memory... I have been to Opening Days that were down right raw and cold... for football, let alone baseball. Some people feel its worth the price, others do not. Nobody is forcing you to buy.

OD is not in my plan this year. Will I plunk change down? Not at this time. Since I am not on the hook, I'd rather wait for the weather forecast and workload forecast before I consider attending. I know tickets will be available as time goes on.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

In terms of wins and losses you are 100% right. The Yankees win every year and the Mets have been struggling the last few years and will probably struggle again this year.
    And therein lay the rub.... The Mets do not have a flooded secondary market like the Yankees do. You can buy that $240 game package, but outside of three games (OD, Mets, Dodgers), the rest will sell for $5 for less. You are making a commitment upfront, regardless of weather and personal schedule, for nine mid-week night games.

How many Yankees ticket plans are sold so that the plan holder can get playoff tickets? so they can get Pre-sales? Since they win like clockwork, the amount of these plan holders is high. But even now, the novelty is wearing off. I am sure that the Yankees will opt out of StubHub, simply because it's diluting their branding. They are treating the symptoms, but not curing the disease...

Last season, the Yankees offered each partial plan holder the option of buying up to TWELVE World Series Tickets.... And they only had three games to sell.... Ironically, the fan with a one-seat 9-game value plan could buy more tickets (before the public sale) than a fan with a two-seat 81-game plan...

Last year, you didn't see many cheap deals for Mets tickets on StubHub... and that is because the market wasn't flooded.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    And therein lay the rub.... The Mets do not have a flooded secondary market like the Yankees do. You can buy that $240 game package, but outside of three games (OD, Mets, Dodgers), the rest will sell for $5 for less. You are making a commitment upfront, regardless of weather and personal schedule, for nine mid-week night games.

How many Yankees ticket plans are sold so that the plan holder can get playoff tickets? so they can get Pre-sales? Since they win like clockwork, the amount of these plan holders is high. But even now, the novelty is wearing off. I am sure that the Yankees will opt out of StubHub, simply because it's diluting their branding. They are treating the symptoms, but not curing the disease...

Last season, the Yankees offered each partial plan holder the option of buying up to TWELVE World Series Tickets.... And they only had three games to sell.... Ironically, the fan with a one-seat 9-game value plan could buy more tickets (before the public sale) than a fan with a two-seat 81-game plan...

Last year, you didn't see many cheap deals for Mets tickets on StubHub... and that is because the market wasn't flooded.

Cheers!
    -Doug

I really don't think the majority of fans, Yankee or Mets or Dodgers, buy partial plans with their eye on selling them. My family had a Sunday plan for many years and never sold a single ticket ever.

With a $19 donation to Yankees Universe/Sloan Memorial, anyone was able to purchase any round of the post season including a wild card playoff game. I went to an ALDS game as a result.

If a fan did purchase the 12 game package with the idea of selling tickets...it 'could' be possible that one could sell the OD , Mets, and Dodgers tickets and pay for the 12 games....and while some of those games are duds, there are games versus the Angels, Rangers, Blue Jays, and Rays.

There were no great deals on stubhub for Mets games, true, but there were huge amounts of unsold/empty seats just about every night at Citi Field. The place averaged being 1/3 empty every day. While there were no great deals on the secondary market, over 900,000 Mets fans from 2009 decided to stay home. Empty seats don't buy concessions, pay for parking, visit stadium clubs.

The primary market is far more important to a team. Once a ticket is sold, they have your money. What you do with it is your business. If you flood the secondary market and drive prices down, the club (i,e Yankees) already has your money. The only people affected are the fans trying to scalp tickets as sellers. The baseball teams already have the $ from the primary market, and still get a cut from the secondary market.

The primary market is far more important to a team. Once a ticket is sold, they have your money. What you do with it is your business. If you flood the secondary market and drive prices down, the club (i,e Yankees) already has your money. The only people affected are the fans trying to scalp tickets as sellers. The baseball teams already have the $ from the primary market, and still get a cut from the secondary market.
    The primary buyers take the first round of bullets. The owners take the second round as the front liners throw in the towel. When insane prices on the secondary market prevent you, as an owner, from selling tickets on the primary market, it DOES become a problem.

When customers realize they can get tickets for a dime on the dollar, they simply won't buy from the team. In the short term, it's no big deal, as you write, as the team already sold that ticket once. But after a while, that ticket isn't going to be sold, because the people who are eating 9 dimes on the dollar on their fire sales will eventually want to stop the bleeding, and not renew. Eventually the well of replacement plan buyers will dry up, and prices on the secondary market will stabilize, but when that happens, the Yankees will be selling 20,000 less tickets per game. If your fan base is trained to buy dollar tickets, they aren't gonna buy $20 tickets. Teams are VERY keen on making sure their brand isn't devalued by a flooded secondary market featuring rock-bottom pricing...

Cheers!
    -Doug

Blog Entries

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Looking at it from a resale view you are right. But if you are a Yankee fan and would like to and can go to weeknight games the Yankee plan is reasonable. You must be able to get a location you enjoy and if there are other Yankee fans who sit next to you game after game it can be a great experience, just like my Met plans were from the 80s until the Mets decided to try to muscle fans to go to full season tickets. MLB teams, (not only the Mets) have used Stubhub as a selling point for people to buy full season plans. When I was first relocated to Citi, I did not have a prime location but I did have aisle seats and three total tickets so my seats were a little unigue so I did not do well but did not get killed on resales but it was not in my opinion, worth it, to have full season tickets. The following year I went back to a plan but then during the 2010 season the Mets upped the anty for full season tickets. They offered perks, ticket vouchers, autograph sessions, etc. which some considered desperate, others considered fan friendly and helping to make the tickets a value. A lot of people bailed on the team and the people who hung in there moved up to very nice locations, again which can be viewed as rewarding loyalty or being desperate and having to give up your best inventory as a way to coax people into buying. Since there is a low supply of Met tickets on the secondary market, along with most of those seats being purchased at a discount by FST holders in prime locations, a seller can be very competitive with box office or internet choices from the Mets.

One of the reasons OD Met tickets are being offered at a ridiculous price is that the Mets have used Stubhub stats to determine what people will pay for "prime games" and have attempted to cash in on there value. In a capitalist society that is perfectly legal. However it does effect the value of a FST plan or pak. Mets ticket holders can no longer rely on selling those prime games as a way to recoup a large amount of there original outlay of money for there plans. I used to be able to sell 2 Yankee games and extra OD presale tickets for a great profit, which helped defray the cost of the plan, now that the cost of those tickets have risen for me to purchase, I can no longer do that. Which has devalued my plan.

Looking at it from a resale view you are right. But if you are a Yankee fan and would like to and can go to weeknight games the Yankee plan is reasonable. You must be able to get a location you enjoy and if there are other Yankee fans who sit next to you game after game it can be a great experience, just like my Met plans were from the 80s until the Mets decided to try to muscle fans to go to full season tickets. MLB teams, (not only the Mets) have used Stubhub as a selling point for people to buy full season plans. When I was first relocated to Citi, I did not have a prime location but I did have aisle seats and three total tickets so my seats were a little unigue so I did not do well but did not get killed on resales but it was not in my opinion, worth it, to have full season tickets. The following year I went back to a plan but then during the 2010 season the Mets upped the anty for full season tickets. They offered perks, ticket vouchers, autograph sessions, etc. which some considered desperate, others considered fan friendly and helping to make the tickets a value. A lot of people bailed on the team and the people who hung in there moved up to very nice locations, again which can be viewed as rewarding loyalty or being desperate and having to give up your best inventory as a way to coax people into buying. Since there is a low supply of Met tickets on the secondary market, along with most of those seats being purchased at a discount by FST holders in prime locations, a seller can be very competitive with box office or internet choices from the Mets.

One of the reasons OD Met tickets are being offered at a ridiculous price is that the Mets have used Stubhub stats to determine what people will pay for "prime games" and have attempted to cash in on there value. In a capitalist society that is perfectly legal. However it does effect the value of a FST plan or pak. Mets ticket holders can no longer rely on selling those prime games as a way to recoup a large amount of there original outlay of money for there plans. I used to be able to sell 2 Yankee games and extra OD presale tickets for a great profit, which helped defray the cost of the plan, now that the cost of those tickets have risen for me to purchase, I can no longer do that. Which has devalued my plan.
    I actually agreed with everything your wrote. You might be shocked.

When Citi first opened, I purchased an 'opener pack'. I never have gone to a single opener. While I like baseball, I don't enjoy baseball dressed up like it's football weather. I put the opener tickets on ebay and could not believe that they sold for enough money to just about pay for the entire pack.....

I do have a problem with the Yankees selling subway series tickets starting at $20, while the Mets are starting at $63 for basically the same product. I doubt the secondary market will allow anyone to sell those subway series tickets at a profit; it seems each year there are a few more Yankee fans at the game anyway.

(I think of the NHL, where the Isles and Devils have all of these strings attached in order to buy tickets to the Rangers, where the NYR treats those games as any other game. I guess that is why the Rangers/Leafs/Canadiens account for 81% of the NHL's money).

Parking for the regular season is a fixed price. Too expensive? Park on Northern Blvd under the Whitestone Expressway.
    Concessions to expensive? You can bring food stuff into the ballpark.
    Tickets too expensive? At what price do they become too expensive? Please cite a number. If value games are overpriced, then it's possible that professional sports have priced you out.

The weather for Opening Day last year was one of the best in memory... I have been to Opening Days that were down right raw and cold... for football, let alone baseball. Some people feel its worth the price, others do not. Nobody is forcing you to buy.

OD is not in my plan this year. Will I plunk change down? Not at this time. Since I am not on the hook, I'd rather wait for the weather forecast and workload forecast before I consider attending. I know tickets will be available as time goes on.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Been going to Mets game since '76 .I know where to park. My point is the days of deciding "hey lets go to Shea " are over for blue collar guys. You go the "wrong" day and its a "Gold" day or a "premium game" or some Dave Howard non sense. Their prices coupled with the triple A product is deplorable. $60 bucks for an upper deck seat is insane. You want to keep drinking the Wilpon/ Howard Kool aid . God Bless you. I believe the empty seats speak for themselves. The attendance #'s are BS. Love when they announce 25,000 and there are empty sections. Half of themwere probably donated to the Human Fund...
    Last edited by Kingman 26; 11-29-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    I actually agreed with everything your wrote. You might be shocked.

When Citi first opened, I purchased an 'opener pack'. I never have gone to a single opener. While I like baseball, I don't enjoy baseball dressed up like it's football weather. I put the opener tickets on ebay and could not believe that they sold for enough money to just about pay for the entire pack.....

I do have a problem with the Yankees selling subway series tickets starting at $20, while the Mets are starting at $63 for basically the same product. I doubt the secondary market will allow anyone to sell those subway series tickets at a profit; it seems each year there are a few more Yankee fans at the game anyway.

(I think of the NHL, where the Isles and Devils have all of these strings attached in order to buy tickets to the Rangers, where the NYR treats those games as any other game. I guess that is why the Rangers/Leafs/Canadiens account for 81% of the NHL's money).
    You just made my day!! Now maybe I can try to make inroads on Sandys path to contention for 2013!! Thanks for the comment.

Blog Entries
    Been going to Mets game since '76 .I know where to park. My point is the days of deciding "hey lets go to Shea " are over for blue collar guys. You go the "wrong" day and its a "Gold" day or a "premium game" or some Dave Howard non sense. Their prices coupled with the triple A product is deplorable. $60 bucks for an upper deck seat is insane. You want to keep drinking the Wilpon/ Howard Kool aid . God Bless you. I believe the empty seats speak for themselves. The attendance #'s are BS. Love when they announce 25,000 and there are empty sections. Half of themwere probably donated to the Human Fund...
    Ablue collar guy could go to most Yankee games via stubhub last year for under 10 bucks and they do not suck. Where's the logic?

If the Mets offered all their seats for the whole season for $1, I am certain they still wouldn't fill the place daily. Die-hards will go. Casual fans, not so much...
    I was there in the 70's, too, and the early-mid 90's. I know a ghost town when I see one. Back then, tickets weren't ridiculously priced, and people still didn't go. You can't argue that it was the cost of the product keeping them away... It was the product itself. People didn't go out in droves to see a loser day in and day out.

Cheers!
    -Doug

You're missing my point. Many times in the 70's/90's when they sucked we packed up and went to 5-10 games. My father even took a couple of my friends on a firemans salary. You could do that and it wasn't close to the $$ hit that it is today. It is now something that needs to be planned to avoid the Wilpon/Howard pricing scheme. To me thats a shame. Something wrong when going to game equals a car payment. Just saying..

Page 140 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast