Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233
Results 5,801 to 5,813 of 5813

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    It was a PDF attached to the combined post season info and 2016 renewal info email/web brochure link

http://mets.brochure-mlb.com/2016/20...icingChart.pdf
    Wow! Thanks a lot for the PDF. I'll have to go back and check my email. Somehow, I missed that attachment. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    Wow! Thanks a lot for the PDF. I'll have to go back and check my email. Somehow, I missed that attachment. Doh!
    Well, it was a button labeled "Download pricing sheet PDF" or something like that.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Well, it was a button labeled "Download pricing sheet PDF" or something like that.
    Found it! It was there all along but I never scrolled all the way to the bottom to see it. Again, what a dunce! Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Saturday's game is experiencing explosive demand. The Mets have released all the Standing Room tickets and get-in for a seat is approaching $100 to see the Red Sox

10 game plan holder here and my rep also said it was public strip pricing. What I found weird though was that a few weeks ago when I inquired about getting the rest of the season to secure full strips, he told me it would be partial plan pricing for that. So either they changed course on that as they're going the same time as 10 game plan holders or there's going to be different pricing for the two groups.

Quote Originally Posted by johnql View Post
    This morning's email notification does indicate that the STH access to additional strips will be at the public strip price. See below (my emphasis):

"The number of additional postseason strips you may purchase will be based on availability and will be communicated to you via email on September 3. You must purchase all of your desired additional postseason strips in one transaction. Additional strips will be available at the public strip price on a first come, first served basis and per ticket and order fees will apply. Seating locations are not guaranteed, so we recommend that you purchase early for the best available location. We also recommend utilizing a desktop or laptop, as this offer may not be compatible with all mobile devices or tablets."
    Assuming the order fees will apply to the 10 game plan holders that go the day before too. Sucks.

Also, they never promised a plan discount on playoff tickets at all. They didn't with the All Star Game strips, either - having guaranteed access was the key benefit. When we existing full and 20/40 game plan holders saw the Mets price sheet for 2015 playoff strips give sizeable discounts for plan holders commensurate with the size of the plan, it was received here as a surprisingly friendly gesture to a loyal fan base.

So now 10 game plan holders are judged to be a tier below 20 gamers. Is that not as it should be? They haven't lost anything that was promised, only not gotten what someone else with twice the investment got. I understand the disappointment, but the wrath is misplaced.

Finally, they actually gave the benefit a huge upgrade. Instead of the promised "pre-public access to playoff tickets for one game per round", they're getting FULL strips. Is there anybody who wouldn't agree that a full strip at public price is far more valuable and fan friendly than one game per round (which may not even get played) at the 20 game plan price?!
    My issue mainly is that 20 game plan holders got essentially the same as 40's. I've got no issue with those shelling out the most money and making the biggest commitment getting the best price/priority. STH should get the best pricing followed by the 40 and then the 20 and then the 10. It just irks me because had I known the 20 would get full strips at partial pricing, I'd have gone for that as it's not that big of a step up from a 10 to me. 20 to 40 is a much bigger leap though.

Regardless, I'm happy that I'm at least getting a chance at a full strip. I think demand is going to be through the roof so whatever games I don't go to, I'll get my money back plus some. My rep has kind of dodged my questions about 10 game plan renewals for next year so who knows where that stands. I may jump to a 20 anyway to try and get better playoff rights for next year. Plus, the price jump isn't that high. Marquee games are cheaper for 20 than my 10's were this year, Premium and Classic the same, Value more expensive. I paid $335 a seat in Prom Box for 10 games this year and that same plan for the 20 game Saturday would be $586. Probably more loaded with April/September games which explains the somewhat cheap price but I'd like to position myself better for the playoffs next season. Knowing my luck, the 20 gamers get what the 10 gamers get this year and only the 40's and fulls get strips at plan pricing lol
    Last edited by jcat93; 08-27-2015 at 01:57 PM.

What about the people who picked up pro-rated 20 game plans (ie 17 games)

Cannot make the game and am looking for one (1) '86 Orosco bobblehead they are giving away on Saturday. I can offer one of the following in a trade:

2012 Seaver bobblehead
    2012 Alfonzo bobblehead
    2013 Gooden bobblehead
    2013 Franco bobblehead
    2014 Nolan Ryan bobblehead
    2013 Home run apple coin bank
    2014 Shea Stadium canvas print

I will throw in a 1962 Mets t-shirt they gave away earlier this year if you'd like.
    I might be able to get a hold of a 2011 Ike Davis bobblehead if you care about that
    for some reason.

Private message me and we'll see what we can arrange.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Saturday's game is experiencing explosive demand. The Mets have released all the Standing Room tickets and get-in for a seat is approaching $100 to see the Red Sox
    It looks like there are a lot of ticket available for today's game. Not surprising considering they're currently asking $71 for Promenade Infield tickets.

Typical Mets, trying to milk this weekend for every penny rather than thinking more long-term about getting people excited about the team and getting people to come to the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by nymdan View Post
    It looks like there are a lot of ticket available for today's game. Not surprising considering they're currently asking $71 for Promenade Infield tickets.

Typical Mets, trying to milk this weekend for every penny rather than thinking more long-term about getting people excited about the team and getting people to come to the ballpark.
    I think we all expected that, but it would be nice to be wrong. It's very short sighted. Right now everything is going the Mets way and one would hope that ownership would just keep the good karma going. Get red hot for a month, charge $71 to sit up in steerage?

How about getting SRO crowds at regular prices, and have them run down to the ticket offices to buy even more tickets to future games?

The one thing that I like about the Yankees policy is that basically tickets to the Indians cost the same as the Red Sox or Mets. Their attitude is that you are paying to see the Yankees , not the visitors.
    That is why steerage tickets last year for the subway series in the Bronx cost $58 on a Tuesday night, and $146 in Queens on a Wednesday night.

As Ralph Kramden said "Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, since you are going to meet the same people on the way down"

Also, they never promised a plan discount on playoff tickets at all. They didn't with the All Star Game strips, either - having guaranteed access was the key benefit. When we existing full and 20/40 game plan holders saw the Mets price sheet for 2015 playoff strips give sizeable discounts for plan holders commensurate with the size of the plan, it was received here as a surprisingly friendly gesture to a loyal fan base.

So now 10 game plan holders are judged to be a tier below 20 gamers. Is that not as it should be? They haven't lost anything that was promised, only not gotten what someone else with twice the investment got. I understand the disappointment, but the wrath is misplaced.

Finally, they actually gave the benefit a huge upgrade. Instead of the promised "pre-public access to playoff tickets for one game per round", they're getting FULL strips. Is there anybody who wouldn't agree that a full strip at public price is far more valuable and fan friendly than one game per round (which may not even get played) at the 20 game plan price?!
    Additionally my neighbor who has FST with the Yankees must renew for 2016 first if he wants 2015 playoff tickets at the discounted price. He will be charged the public strip price for 2015 playoff games unless he renews. Sounds wrong to treat a current FST holder that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Additionally my neighbor who has FST with the Yankees must renew for 2016 first if he wants 2015 playoff tickets at the discounted price. He will be charged the public strip price for 2015 playoff games unless he renews. Sounds wrong to treat a current FST holder that way.
    "If yous wants out of the family, there's da door"
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    That's because apparently the Yankees are noobie bumblefracks at this. The NY Rangers effectively do the same thing, but nobody complains because of how they do it. They don't say pay now or you'll pay more, what they do is invoice you for the playoff strips, then send you the renewal package for next season and as an early bird bonus if you renew now you will get a 10% discount on the playoff tix.

Yankees Way = Incentive to renew in a stupid way & makes people angry
    Rangers Way = Same Incentive to renew and everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That's because apparently the Yankees are noobie bumblefracks at this. The NY Rangers effectively do the same thing, but nobody complains because of how they do it. They don't say pay now or you'll pay more, what they do is invoice you for the playoff strips, then send you the renewal package for next season and as an early bird bonus if you renew now you will get a 10% discount on the playoff tix.

Yankees Way = Incentive to renew in a stupid way & makes people angry
    Rangers Way = Same Incentive to renew and everyone is happy.
    Interesting. I wonder why the Mets are giving the discount regardless of renewal?

Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233