Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216
Results 5,376 to 5,387 of 5387

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    I started to list some of my season tickets, found that the fee format is different now. Not sure how it's getting calculated. Even when listing 2 tickets to be sold together, the pricing screen is giving me a per-ticket, not per-pair payout; and if I look at the "Buyer Sees" price versus last year, it seems higher. Anybody have more detailed info on this?
    Just received an e-mail that stub hub seller fees have been lowered to 10 percent. I chatted with them. The buyers electronic fee is 2.00 per ticket. The fee to the buyer will fluctuate. The woman would not state in the chat how low the fee would go or high the fee would go. She was evasive. The seller will get nothing from a high fee. She wrote that the fee would depend on the game and demand. We no longer get to set the price on tickets we own. Stubhub is doing dynamic pricing with our tickets. I think this is BS. Any opinions out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Here's a list from Rolling Stone magazine of the 15 worst owners in professional sports:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...nders-20141125
    It REALLY sucks that half -HALF!- of the metropolitan areas owners are on this list. Ownership is the last semblance of unbridled incompetence; hence a combined for over century worth of years that their 5 teams go without championships. You can screw up as much as you want and NEVER suffer the consequences; thanks to some of us, none worse, IMO, than the ones that still attend Citifield. They were in DEEP financial trouble and we could have invoked democratic principles with our wallets yet we succumbed to be the object of Barnum's famous satirical chide. If you attend game to CF or watch this crap product in recent years you are simply an enabler of this unbridled incompetents we know as the Wilpons and the moron they hire.

We could have just laid off for a couple of years and we would have had new Mets Owners, but.....
    Last edited by trepye; 12-02-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

[QUOTE=trepye;2379038]It REALLY sucks that half -HALF!- of the metropolitan areas owners are on this list. Ownership is the last semblance of unbridled incompetence; hence a combined for over century worth of years that their 5 teams go without championships. You can screw up as much as you want and NEVER suffer the consequences; thanks to some of us, none worse, IMO, than the ones that still attend Citifield. They were in DEEP financial trouble and we could have invoked democratic principles with our wallets yet we succumbed to be the object of Barnum's famous satirical chide. If you attend game to CF or watch this crap product in recent years you are simply an enabler of this unbridled incompetents we know as the Wilpons and the moron they hire.

We could have just laid off for a couple of years and we would have had new Mets Owners, but.....[/QUOTE]

Now trepye you know that is simply not true.

[QUOTE=LI METS FAN;2379140]
    Quote Originally Posted by trepye View Post
    It REALLY sucks that half -HALF!- of the metropolitan areas owners are on this list. Ownership is the last semblance of unbridled incompetence; hence a combined for over century worth of years that their 5 teams go without championships. You can screw up as much as you want and NEVER suffer the consequences; thanks to some of us, none worse, IMO, than the ones that still attend Citifield. They were in DEEP financial trouble and we could have invoked democratic principles with our wallets yet we succumbed to be the object of Barnum's famous satirical chide. If you attend game to CF or watch this crap product in recent years you are simply an enabler of this unbridled incompetents we know as the Wilpons and the moron they hire.

We could have just laid off for a couple of years and we would have had new Mets Owners, but.....[/QUOTE]

Now trepye you know that is simply not true.
    Just curious: why isn't it true?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

[QUOTE=Mongoose;2379276]
    Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Just curious: why isn't it true?
    Because true means consistent with fact or reality, not false. It is not true that the Mets owner would sell the team under the circumstances that trepye described.

They MIGHT sell the team, they might move the team to Montreal or elsewhere. But today the truth is that the owner of the Mets said he will pass the team down to his grandchildren. That is the truth today.

Would you sell the team low? If you were a schemer like you say they are wouldn't you wait and sell the team high after multiple WS championships similar to the Giants? Get a much bigger payout thats for sure. So since that isn't happening anytime soon, it is true that the owners will not sell the team.

When you get a quote from the owner saying he's changed his mind, he would consider selling the team let us all know. We all know that what is true today is not true tomorrow.

We'll be waiting........................................... ........................
    Last edited by LI METS FAN; 12-03-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Early season Saturday Night games

The scheduling of early season Saturday Night games in recent history maybe due to the yielding of a large section of the parking lot to Cirque du Soleil.

They can schedule two afternoon Cirque du Soleil performances plus the game at the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sheagoodbye1010 View Post
    The scheduling of early season Saturday Night games in recent history maybe due to the yielding of a large section of the parking lot to Cirque du Soleil.

They can schedule two afternoon Cirque du Soleil performances plus the game at the night.
    I posted a couple of pages back.... It is more likely a function of MLB's National TV Exclusivity Window and the fact the Mets aren't being selected to be shown on National TV...

They could play a day game, but then not be able to televise it.....

This is not the NY Rangers and the Circus being in town.... There is plenty of room.... If the Mets are as good as everyone says they are:

1. Nobody is going to be there early on but the die-hards.
    2. If the Mets are good, the front-runners will still be behind and not be going to games until July....
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

plus the circus doesn't perform on game day from my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by SI Metman View Post
    plus the circus doesn't perform on game day from my understanding.
    Yes, the circus does perform on game days. At least it did in 2014.

I exasperatingly got into a traffic jam going into one of those early season Saturday Night games.

At first, I thought the Mets were attracting a unanticipated large crowd, but the real reason was the main parking was closed to allow circus attending motorists to exit from an afternoon performance.

Well, the Wilpons are a bunch of clowns, so of course they have a circus in the parking lot!

4 free tickets

Not sure if it's tied to any particular mail list, but via two channels, I've receive email advising that 4 free tickets are available with a free membership to the Mets Kids Club.

http://mlb.mlb.com/nym/fan_forum/kidsclub.jsp

Have fun!!!

HO!! HO!! HO!!!

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Last edited by dstoffa; 12-11-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216