Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224
Results 5,576 to 5,578 of 5578

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Holy crap the balls on this guy! Revisionism at its finest

No it could not have been cribbed from your posts because it was one my posts back in 2009. You are still Ralph Nader, always will be.

If I must explain, you came on here originally and your whole schtick was the taxpayers getting fleeced and constantly revealing your dirt poor understanding of municipal bond financing. I had to repeatedly point out that the Mets & Yankees Stadiums were being 100% built and paid for by the teams themselves. Has nothing to do with the crappy job the Mets did on the upper deck and the concrete bareness of Yankee Stadium which I've been talking about since the beginning
    Oh, the Wilpons were and are fleecing the City and community. How many ways do you want to count? Off the top of my head:

* There's the stadium which solely serves a private enterprise built on public land with public money - in addition to the tax-free municipal bonds.

* There's the fact the Wilpons get away with making payments on the bonds in lieu of paying taxes (the PILOT program).

* The Citicorp naming rights money was, in fact, bank bailout money. This, in and of itself, made the bulk of stadium construction costs a public expense.

* The Wilpons didn't pay for infrastructure improvements the new stadium required.

* And we're not even bringing up the multi-billion dollar subsidized mall being built on land across the street lawful property owners were forced off - which was the point of the whole stadium project and mostly likely why Fred hijacked the team from Doubleday.

I also said the prices the Wilpons set for tickets were beyond the means of most of their customers - that the result would either be exclusion of the team's traditional fan base or a blood bath for the amateur scalper army.

You, on the other hand, thought the loony new pricing structure was justified:

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yep. People love to complain about how you "used to" be able to walk up any time you wanted and get $5 or less tickets to any game you wanted. Those days are over, and it's naive to think that it should be possible in New York City. If you want $5 tickets to any game you want, just go visit Baltimore or Pittsburgh they won't turn you back
    By the way, only a sociopath would find Gordon Gekko more admirable than Ralph Nader.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    A good, knowledgeable architect would have discovered this and brought it to the attention of the client before any plans were approved. Same goes for the portal stairs.

If they (the clients - the Wilpons) chose to ignore, then, well, that is on them. They determined there was no ROI for making changes required to eliminate those issues. And that is their right as clients.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Since HOK is highly experienced at building ballparks, I guess it's on Fred Jeff and Saul. It might have been their right as clients but not when public money was being spent. Once the leech begins sucking at the public tit its "right" to function as a pure leech must be curtailed.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Since HOK is highly experienced at building ballparks, I guess it's on Fred Jeff and Saul. It might have been their right as clients but not when public money was being spent. Once the leech begins sucking at the public tit its "right" to function as a pure leech must be curtailed.
    Well, someone screwed the pooch. When I was at the game last night, it was obvious to me what portal stairs away from the field would have done to the flow of pedestrian traffic on the Prom Concourse... It would have essentially blocked it. In order to remedy that, all the services (concessions, bathrooms, elevators, etc.) would need to be pushed out further, increasing the footprint of the stadium. (I took a picture, and will show you what I mean when I get to annotate it).

That can't be on Fred, Jeff, and Saul.. but only on the architect for not planning properly. The architect should have known well before steel plans were made how much space would be required for portals and reverse stairs..

Yankee Stadium has a larger footprint (wider upper level), and they were able to make their arrangement in the Grandstand work.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Had to sell a spare pair for tomorrow afternoon.

Listed them for $45 each. They sold in a few hours. Went back to see what was still available, and it seems that the buyer is flipping them at $65 each...

Anyone else notice an instant flip like that?

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game "A" Plan, Prom Box 423.

Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224