Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212
Results 5,276 to 5,282 of 5282

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    What you're saying is so, but only because they changed policies to avoid alienating whoever was left. They gave you a break on prices, incentives and quit burying you as bad by dumping tickets on the secondary market. They needed you. If and when the team is good and they can sell your tickets to other people, how do you think the Wilpons will play it?

My guess is the incentives will decrease and prices will increase back to scalpers' levels. Is this an unreasonable expectation given past behavior?
    I think prices will rise as the team gets better. I also think some of the access to the players and events may diminish. Most current STH's should now have prime locations (Aisle, price break, 1st row) and those seats will command a premium or at least be marketable to other fans who want to get back on the bandwagon and become partners, buy packages etc. I do agree the Wilpon's will try to capitalize on their teams success , damn them!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    I think prices will rise as the team gets better. I also think some of the access to the players and events may diminish. Most current STH's should now have prime locations (Aisle, price break, 1st row) and those seats will command a premium or at least be marketable to other fans who want to get back on the bandwagon and become partners, buy packages etc. I do agree the Wilpon's will try to capitalize on their teams success , damn them!!
    Yep. And really how could they give vouchers for 20 free tickets if there were actual demand for those seats? Right now you use a voucher and support mass transit or their parking lot, buy food or drinks and shop maybe. Better than an empty seat. But not as good as a paying customer. The voucher number should decrease.

Hypothetically. If they ever got good. Don't see it until they coordinate it with the mall opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsies8 View Post
    That would be good. The Atlanta Braves have a season discount based on the number years you have. I think other teams have it too. Great for John in 415.

I believe the Mets will continue to show us appreciation in the coming, winning seasons. I think they remember the mass exodus and learned from it. I just wish Leigh was still there. I will be watching closely what the new person they hire says and does.
    Leigh is probably going to become a multi -millionare. And down the road she will get another high profile job. If she is qualified for a job down the road, and someone didn't hire her because she sued Jeffie, then just add some more zeroes on her bank account.

There will eventually be a spike in demand sometime. 1970, after they won a WS, and 1986, the year they won a WS after having a great '85 team, are the two big examples that they have to win in order to see a huge surge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Yep. And really how could they give vouchers for 20 free tickets if there were actual demand for those seats? Right now you use a voucher and support mass transit or their parking lot, buy food or drinks and shop maybe. Better than an empty seat. But not as good as a paying customer. The voucher number should decrease.

Hypothetically. If they ever got good. Don't see it until they coordinate it with the mall opening.
    There going to open a mall? great idea! I hope it has a merry go round!!

In terms of the Mets offering perks when things are bad and pulling them back when things are good, that is nothing new. It even happened during the glory years. I first got my Shea FST right after the 1984 trade for Gary Carter. Second row mezz box behind first base, which showed how poor demand had been before that, and they had to incentivize it further by offering a deal that you could buy one extra post-season ticket for every seat in your plan.

They just missed the playoffs in 1985 but kept the deal, so, I had four tix apiece for the 1986 post-season.

In 1987 it became one extra seat for every two seats in your plan, but they missed the playoffs.

In 1988 they were back in the playoffs but the deal was gone.

There was no creative array of perks to manipulate like there is today, but the approach was the same: Offer incentives when you need to, then pull them back when you don't.

They've built in a few outs in the perks list that they can tweak without a full-scale pullback:

- "lowest price" (i.e., the floating box office price will never be lower than the STH price) - lots of wiggle room there for raising prices across the board, of course.

- "vouchers for free tickets" - while it's been consistent over the past 3 years or so in being 5 vouchers good for sets of 4 tickets each, they have started excluding games by promo dates as well as all the Marquee games (bobbleheads, post-game concerts and fireworks), and I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they started giving out fewer vouchers, restricting them to weekday/night games and/or not giving out as good locations when redeemed.

- other perks: they've already shuffled around the "benefit package" offerings regarding one-of-each-promo, free tickets, discounted parking vs. meal card, etc., those could get dialed down to something of more nominal, or the "20 free tickets for a group outing" could end up in Prom Reserved OF instead of Baseline Box.

All the ticket exchange type benefits are already limited to N times per month/year, they might get reduced in frequency, but more generally the need to do "exchange tickets for past unused games" would presumably practically disappear if they consistently sold quickly for original value net of fees on StubHub or elsewhere, as they would/should if the team were doing well and the ballpark closer to a consistent sellout.

The other perks, like the random selection to read out the starting lineup or declare "Play Ball!" or to play catch on the field, are relatively low cost ways to bind fans to the team without throwing money or income away, look for those types of perks to stick around.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    There going to open a mall? great idea! I hope it has a merry go round!!
    I hope it has a Shake Shack! LOL!
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212