Page 370 of 372 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372 LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 7430

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Blog Entries
    Could someone who has been to the Hyundai Club please give me a brief review? What kind of food do they offer? Is it crowded? Is there a long wait for food? Overall just looking for someone's opinion on the value of this location. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by gzman View Post
    robardin, where is that stand located with the pastrami dog?
    I found this article describing new food items at Citi Field this year, with pictures:

http://www.thedailymeal.com/citi-fie...eshow/slide-13

Pastrami Dog
    For something a little more glamorous than the original Nathan's dog, try the Nathan's pastrami dog, topped with in-house smoked pastrami and deli mustard, located in section 135.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by rjsallstars View Post
    Could someone who has been to the Hyundai Club please give me a brief review? What kind of food do they offer? Is it crowded? Is there a long wait for food? Overall just looking for someone's opinion on the value of this location. Thanks in advance!
    I've been there a few times, most recently for one of the games of the 2015 NLDS.

The food is pretty good and open buffet, grab-and-go. It comes in waves: if you walk into the club as soon as the gates open, there's snack food like popcorn, nachos with a cheese sauce pump, pretzels, chips, like that. After 20 minutes or so, the hot entrees start to come out, different every day, and a hot dog cart and burger stand starts to operate.

Some time around the 5th inning, they start dessert service: cookies, brownies, coffee, a soft-serve ice cream sundae stand, and an ice cream cooler of bars, popsicles, and so on.

There's free self-serve sodas and water, with alcoholic drinks for purchase at the bar.

The view of the game can't be beat: you're seated slightly higher than the field level seats but pushed forward closer to home plate, above the Delta Club sections to either side of home plate.

Whether it's worth the cost or not is up to you. They are expensive. I think if I had my season tickets there, I'd gain a ton of weight as I tried to "eat my money back", so to speak. I usually would splurge once or twice a season for (Super) Value games, or if I found someone dumping HC tickets on StubHub.

One criticism I'd level is common to all the clubs at Citi Field: you can't see the game from inside. There are windows with some partial views of the field, but mostly of the OUTFIELD. You cannot be in the club and see the infield except for a narrow slice here and there.
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    I've been there a few times, most recently for one of the games of the 2015 NLDS.

The food is pretty good and open buffet, grab-and-go. It comes in waves: if you walk into the club as soon as the gates open, there's snack food like popcorn, nachos with a cheese sauce pump, pretzels, chips, like that. After 20 minutes or so, the hot entrees start to come out, different every day, and a hot dog cart and burger stand starts to operate.

Some time around the 5th inning, they start dessert service: cookies, brownies, coffee, a soft-serve ice cream sundae stand, and an ice cream cooler of bars, popsicles, and so on.

There's free self-serve sodas and water, with alcoholic drinks for purchase at the bar.

The view of the game can't be beat: you're seated slightly higher than the field level seats but pushed forward closer to home plate, above the Delta Club sections to either side of home plate.

Whether it's worth the cost or not is up to you. They are expensive. I think if I had my season tickets there, I'd gain a ton of weight as I tried to "eat my money back", so to speak. I usually would splurge once or twice a season for (Super) Value games, or if I found someone dumping HC tickets on StubHub.

One criticism I'd level is common to all the clubs at Citi Field: you can't see the game from inside. There are windows with some partial views of the field, but mostly of the OUTFIELD. You cannot be in the club and see the infield except for a narrow slice here and there.
    Thank You for your review. So they have "real food" as well as hot dogs, etc. I am going to exchange a game or two from my seats and check it out. The view looks awesome.

Co-sign on just about everything Robardin said. However, this season they appear to have done away with the ice cream cooler (at least so far) and are only doing the sundae with scoops, no soft-serve. In addition to the hot dogs and burgers, that stand also has pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwiches.

Thank You for your review. So they have "real food" as well as hot dogs, etc. I am going to exchange a game or two from my seats and check it out. The view looks awesome.
    Can't exchange into the Hyundai Club...one of the limitations on direct exchange..so, need to resell, and, either buy at your season ticket pricing or go to alternate source...

Blog Entries
    Can't exchange into the Hyundai Club...one of the limitations on direct exchange..so, need to resell, and, either buy at your season ticket pricing or go to alternate source...
    It looks like it will give me the value of my future game tickets to exchange along with the extra cost of the Hyundai Club. I haven't finalized a purchase but got through all the way to checkout?

Unacceptable. Wet condiments like mustard always go on first, followed by the loose toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
    Unacceptable. Wet condiments like mustard always go on first, followed by the loose toppings.
    Is pastrami a "topping" the way sauerkraut would be, though?

I'd say perhaps the arrangement should be to put the pastrami on the bottom - in the bun first, then put the hot dog on top of the pastrami, then put the mustard and sauerkraut on the dog. It'd be harder for the pastrami to fall off while eating it.

It looks like it will give me the value of my future game tickets to exchange along with the extra cost of the Hyundai Club. I haven't finalized a purchase but got through all the way to checkout?
    Rules say otherwise, but, perhaps the new on line system doesn't prevent it...
    SEATING CATEGORIES • If tickets are exchanged for tickets in the same seating category, there will be no charge • If tickets are exchanged for tickets in a higher priced seating category, the customer will be responsible for paying the difference at the plan holder price • If tickets are exchanged for tickets in a lesser priced seating category, the customer will not be refunded the difference and a credit will not be added to the account • Hyundai Club tickets can be exchanged for Hyundai Club tickets to a new game • If you do not have a Hyundai Club ticket, you cannot exchange for a ticket into the Hyundai Club

Rules say otherwise, but, perhaps the new on line system doesn't prevent it...
    SEATING CATEGORIES • If tickets are exchanged for tickets in the same seating category, there will be no charge • If tickets are exchanged for tickets in a higher priced seating category, the customer will be responsible for paying the difference at the plan holder price • If tickets are exchanged for tickets in a lesser priced seating category, the customer will not be refunded the difference and a credit will not be added to the account • Hyundai Club tickets can be exchanged for Hyundai Club tickets to a new game • If you do not have a Hyundai Club ticket, you cannot exchange for a ticket into the Hyundai Club
    I just tried exchanging a weekend ticket in the summer for a mid week game in May and it appeared to work. I didn't get all the way thru because I have to confirm the date with a friend, but it did appear to allow me to select seats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    I just tried exchanging a weekend ticket in the summer for a mid week game in May and it appeared to work. I didn't get all the way thru because I have to confirm the date with a friend, but it did appear to allow me to select seats.
    I did it a little while ago and it worked. I hope they do not revoke my ticket. Silly why they wouldn't allow it anyway.

What game are you exchanging into? Of the games I tried to exchange into shows me no inventory at all for HC.

Is pastrami a "topping" the way sauerkraut would be, though?

I'd say perhaps the arrangement should be to put the pastrami on the bottom - in the bun first, then put the hot dog on top of the pastrami, then put the mustard and sauerkraut on the dog. It'd be harder for the pastrami to fall off while eating it.
    Now that is some culinary wizardry right there. :-)

Or you can also put the pastrami on the bottom, then the mustard, and then the hotdog on top. Minimal chance of mustard mess.

Blog Entries
    What game are you exchanging into? Of the games I tried to exchange into shows me no inventory at all for HC.
    5/6 for 5/31. If you use pick your seat option the sections at the same price or less will be highlighted but you can still go to any other section including HC and if they are available you can pick them than make up the difference at checkout.

When it was still the Champions club (and after the Ebbets club) they used to sell access to eat inside for something like $18 or so. You had to have certain seating level ticket, but it was the BEST value for food at any NYC venue. It didn't include bottled water, but it had the fountain soda, hot dogs, nachos, a pasta dish, a carving meat like turkey, and a few other items. Definitely worth the cost. You either brought the food to your seat or ate inside with a very limited view of the field. One trip for the early stuff pre game, one trip for the main course, and one for coffee and gourmet cookies,etc. and you had more than your money's worth. I never understood why more people didn't buy the wristbands to get in - 2 hot dogs and 2 cokes covered the price.

Funny, I was just going to mention that. Yeah, you needed to be able to have access to the club, but if you did, then it was a tremendous bargain. Depended what night you were there, besides the ballpark food, you could get a choice involving mac & cheese or gyros or cheeseburgers, among other things.

One question, has anyone checked out the Do cookie dough stand in the promenade club? I would imagine it would be a long line for that just like the real store...

When I saw this ad from the 1973 Montreal Expos program - and this was back in 1973, when I was a kid...

...I thought the way they added toppings to their hot dogs in Canada was to put them on top and bottom of the weiner, leaving the frankfurt 1 exposed as shown in the ad. My sweet young innocent mind had no idea they did it like this for marketing purposes, to show off the hot dog.

1 Fun fact: the Stahl-Meyer ad on page 7 of the 1962 Mets program refers to hot dogs as "frankfurts" (link).
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

I got this today and they served it as you described: griddled hot dog, mustard, sauerkraut, then pastrami on top. More generous and thickly cut than in that photo, too. Really good!

First experience with this today.

The timing and nature of the food was what you said. The people watching was interesting as well.

Ten minutes in, I saw someone stuff about a dozen bags of those chips and things into his backpack. He glanced furtively at me, then continued on his way.

Then there was this large teenager dressed in Nats gear, there with his parents. The amount of food this group, especially the kid, consumed in a couple of hours was breathtaking. Plate after plate after plate. Two days' worth of calories went into this kid, easily. Maybe more. Sitting with his enabling parents.

Ay yi yi. Or "SMH" as the cool people put it. Sorry to come across as judgmental, but holy crap. This was worse than at Las Vegas buffets. Maybe the high concession prices elsewhere in the building save lives; people can't afford the cost of eating themselves to death.

Page 370 of 372 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372 LastLast