Page 372 of 372 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 7430

Thread: Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    One question, has anyone checked out the Do cookie dough stand in the promenade club? I would imagine it would be a long line for that just like the real store...
    I checked them out Wednesday night pre-game. No long line, but they had a separate line just for them. Prices: $6 for one scoop in a cup, $11 for two scoops in a cup, $13 for two scoops in a cone. Scoops looked to be small. You have your choices of "signature" chocolate chip, cake batter, sugar cookie, or vanilla ice cream (this last one is ice cream and not edible cookie dough).
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

OMG it's happening again!

My Mets season tickets are transforming into some kind of mulch!
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Quote Originally Posted by robardin View Post
    OMG it's happening again!

My Mets season tickets are transforming into some kind of mulch!
    There are no more wheels left to fall off of the Mets Mo-Mo-Bus...
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Is anyone attending the upcoming Batting Practice event for Season-Ticket Holders?
    When did you receive notification about it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MookieWilson View Post
    Is anyone attending the upcoming Batting Practice event for Season-Ticket Holders?
    I got the email on March 3rd. My son didn't want to do it again so we turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by MookieWilson View Post
    They changed the name to "Tryouts."
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    They changed the name to "Tryouts."
    Now that's funny. Maybe they should.

I had two sets of vouchers from the Mets coat drive that needed to be used by yesterday so I study the schedule, make arrangements, and think I am looking good going to the Weds and Thurs game with Noah and Harvey going back to back well.....so much for the best laid plans! This is yet another reason why I am glad that I keep fighting the urge to jump back in on a ticket plan. I could not find the pastrami hot dog but we did try the Josh Capon burger, the one with the bacon jam and I was less than impressed....should have had the pastrami burger at Keiths! (yes I like pastrami) The next day, we ended up back at shake shack and even the Mets concession crew cant screw that up! Also stopped at Mamas (the store) two Mamas specials to bring to the game; $8 at the store and $12.75 at the game; and I got some good Italian and Olive bread at the bread store a little down the block from Mamas.
    Beer selection seem to be lacking this year (maybe because it was empty and they didn't open some of the beer stands) although the quality of the beer I had was good. Had a Mermaid Pilsner which I had before and like and I talked my way into the prom club (well, I asked the girl nicely if I could get a beer and she said yes) and had a Sixpoint Sweet Ale and that was also good. Thankfully I don't have any more games coming up (three in April is enough) and can pick and choose when I want to go.
    one last thing...I have a friend who has seats in Section 122 so I go there and ask the usher if I can walk down to see if he is at the game ( I have another friend at the game with me who was going to wait) the ahole gives me a nasty no and says it was for seated guests only. His name tag was Bill or Robert G from Queens but it should have been Richard Head (well the nickname for Richard at least!)

Quote Originally Posted by WASLOGE8 View Post
    we did try the Josh Capon burger, the one with the bacon jam and I was less than impressed
    While going over my photos I noticed that at Bash Burger you can get a double burger for the same price as a single! The "Classic" offers one patty, lettuce, tomato, pickles, American cheese, and special sauce. The "Double Barrel" gives you two patties, American cheese, fried onions, pickles, and special sauce. The only difference is the "Classic" offers lettuce and tomato, which the "Double Barrel" does not - but the DB offers fried onions, which the other one doesn't. Both are $13.00. So I ordered a DB without special sauce, which I had to wait ten minutes for because it was custom made. It didn't seem all that special, but I did enjoy it and would get it again, even factoring in the wait. Interestingly, as I was heading to the Fan Fest area to find a table to eat, I noticed the Shake Shack line was very short, and someone was taking down some of the Tensabarriers and they were actually closing one of the windows. This was in the bottom of the 6th inning on Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by WASLOGE8 View Post
    I have a friend who has seats in Section 122 so I go there and ask the usher if I can walk down to see if he is at the game ( I have another friend at the game with me who was going to wait) the ahole gives me a nasty no and says it was for seated guests only. His name tag was Bill or Robert G from Queens but it should have been Richard Head (well the nickname for Richard at least!)
    Ouch. I feel your pain. Some of these ushers can be so territorial, they act as if they own the section. A few years ago I went to a game with my father, who was in his mid-80s (he's since passed away) and had problems walking, he needed to take frequent breaks. At one point he needed to sit down for a few minutes, and we explained the situation to an usher at one of the Field Level sections behind the Mets' dugout. He wouldn't let him sit in his section, he said we had to go a few more sections, where the seats were lower priced. Not very fan friendly, especially to an elderly man who needed to rest, and I wish I had filed a complaint.
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Ouch. I feel your pain. Some of these ushers can be so territorial, they act as if they own the section. A few years ago I went to a game with my father, who was in his mid-80s (he's since passed away) and had problems walking, he needed to take frequent breaks. At one point he needed to sit down for a few minutes, and we explained the situation to an usher at one of the Field Level sections behind the Mets' dugout. He wouldn't let him sit in his section, he said we had to go a few more sections, where the seats were lower priced. Not very fan friendly, especially to an elderly man who needed to rest, and I wish I had filed a complaint.
    That stuff is all on Jeff. The ushers are closely watched and are under threat of being disciplined or fired if they don't do as told. I find it incredibly annoying as well, especially given the amount of money I give those jerks, but I can somewhat feel for the ushers. I solely blame the Wilpons for that behavior.

Page 372 of 372 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372